PDA

View Full Version : Football Tickets

AROB44
05-22-2023, 04:26 PM
Just got a call from MSU saying they noticed that I had been a season ticket holder, had not renewed and asked if I plan on purchasing season tickets this year. I haven't renewed in 5 years and have never heard anything. Plus I'm still in the top 5% of the BDC and have made zero contributions in the past 5 years.

Are ticket sales going that bad or maybe the new AD has gotten some folks off their lazy asses.

confucius say
05-22-2023, 06:18 PM
Good. Hopefully we are calling everybody

SteelCurtain74
05-22-2023, 07:03 PM
I received a call as well and haven't had tickets in 4 or 5 years. I was considering buying this year but unfortunately my schedule this fall is not conducive to attending any games

On a side note, who the hell schedules a wedding in the fall? I have one I'm in and another I have to go to because it's family.

msu15
05-22-2023, 08:55 PM
I dropped mine, but give them credit, they tried calling and emailing me non-stop to convince me to change my mind for months. I'll never buy again unless we undergo massive changes at the stadium and with game day operations.

Lord McBuckethead
05-22-2023, 09:13 PM
I renewed mine just to upgrade. When it came time to upgrade, they didn?t have an upgrade to club level available. Now I am just dropping my tickets.

Lord McBuckethead
05-22-2023, 09:15 PM
Good. Hopefully we are calling everybody

Well the 4K worth of Bulldog Club required donation for something that is on TV every week is something. Better just buy stubhub for the one or two games I would like to go to plus the 4 shitty nonconference games.

viverlibre
05-22-2023, 09:19 PM
Within a month or so of Zac taking the job, I got my first ever call from the athletic department.

viverlibre
05-22-2023, 09:21 PM
Within a month or so of Zac taking the job, I got my first ever call from the athletic department.

Club ticket sales seem to be going well, but I don't know about the rest of the sections.

Pancho
05-22-2023, 09:21 PM
They've called me the last few years asking about the 4 main sports.

TheLostDawg
05-22-2023, 10:01 PM
Club ticket sales seem to be going well, but I don't know about the rest of the sections.

That's the thing. Everyone wants club. You can't even get gridiron club. We'd be better off doing chairbacks lower bowl. Maybe make the middle sections a "club "with chair backs and give them a locker until they bowl it in the stadium.
They need to just to the whole upper deck into the party plazas too. Do the thing that brings in money and keeps people going to the games

MStateDawg
05-23-2023, 08:17 AM
Plus I'm still in the top 5% of the BDC and have made zero contributions in the past 5 years.

Your BDC Rank is in the top 715 and you haven't donated in half a decade?????

https://media.tenor.com/ut0RKNeDJtcAAAAM/suspicious-look-arnold-jackson.gif

confucius say
05-23-2023, 09:02 AM
I renewed mine just to upgrade. When it came time to upgrade, they didn?t have an upgrade to club level available. Now I am just dropping my tickets.

Fair. I think a lot of people want comfort and amenities if they are going to attend games. I just wonder if people are willing to pay the seat fee that comes with club level seats as opposed to the lower amount seat fee they have now.

viverlibre
05-23-2023, 12:20 PM
That's the thing. Everyone wants club. You can't even get gridiron club. We'd be better off doing chairbacks lower bowl. Maybe make the middle sections a "club "with chair backs and give them a locker until they bowl it in the stadium.
They need to just to the whole upper deck into the party plazas too. Do the thing that brings in money and keeps people going to the games

We moved from the Scoreboard Club (which is great) to Section 5. Our donation went down from $1250 to $400 per ticket. Compared to most we're in good shape financially, but with inflation, etc., we decided the $1700 difference between the two tickets wasn't worth it. I'm worried that our upcoming middle class fans will decide the cost of tickets, travel, meals, etc., (especially when looking at 3-4 tickets) isn't worth it when you have a 10xs better view at home.

Jarius
05-23-2023, 12:24 PM
Just got a call from MSU saying they noticed that I had been a season ticket holder, had not renewed and asked if I plan on purchasing season tickets this year. I haven't renewed in 5 years and have never heard anything. Plus I'm still in the top 5% of the BDC and have made zero contributions in the past 5 years.

Are ticket sales going that bad or maybe the new AD has gotten some folks off their lazy asses.

Season ticket sales are actually going very well. I think we finally just got an AD that gives a shit.

Goldendawg
05-23-2023, 01:19 PM
Family has had 8 to 12 season tickets and Bulldog Club membership for over 55 years. A couple (good friends) has taken over the costs of two tickets this year to move down from upper deck to low section 4 seats as two family members no longer physically up to the challenge of attending. My 22 year old son just graduated from State and the one time transfer allowed in Bulldog Club membership will be passed from my 86 year Mother to him when the time arrives. He and I will be there as long as he can drag my now 68 year old body to and from my seat. Hail State!

AROB44
05-23-2023, 02:25 PM

My bad... my rank is 727 which puts me just out of the top 5%. My last contribution was 4 years ago...2019.

basedog
05-23-2023, 02:59 PM

https://media.tenor.com/ut0RKNeDJtcAAAAM/suspicious-look-arnold-jackson.gif

He use to be a "cigar boy", you should hear the story of Bob Tyler and the "slush fund". I can say I know him and I know the things he has done contributed and giving.

viverlibre
05-23-2023, 03:51 PM
22 year old son .... my now 68 year old body.

I'm assuming you traded up in spouse durning your midlife crisis?

EdwardDrayton
05-23-2023, 04:49 PM

Maybe not. I will be 64 in July and my son will be 22 in September. And will have been married 36 years to my one and only lovely wife in August. A few of us were just a little delayed to the parent table is all. But for me personally I was a much better Dad later than I would have been in my twenties.

confucius say
05-23-2023, 05:30 PM
Family has had 8 to 12 season tickets and Bulldog Club membership for over 55 years. A couple (good friends) has taken over the costs of two tickets this year to move down from upper deck to low section 4 seats as two family members no longer physically up to the challenge of attending. My 22 year old son just graduated from State and the one time transfer allowed in Bulldog Club membership will be passed from my 86 year Mother to him when the time arrives. He and I will be there as long as he can drag my now 68 year old body to and from my seat. Hail State!

Thanks for the years of support

Goldendawg
05-23-2023, 08:22 PM

Got me there. Also have a soon to be 40 year old daughter from my first gig as a "practice husband"! Her mom was an OM fan. Bible warns you "to not be unequally yolked"!**** Both great children and now two little Rebel grandsons. Hail State!

viverlibre
05-23-2023, 08:28 PM
Maybe not. I will be 64 in July and my son will be 22 in September. And will have been married 36 years to my one and only lovely wife in August. A few of us were just a little delayed to the parent table is all. But for me personally I was a much better Dad later than I would have been in my twenties.

I'll be 60 when my youngest is 20. Same wife, thankfully by the 3rd one they raise themselves. :cool:

louisvilledawg
05-24-2023, 09:02 AM
I dropped mine, but give them credit, they tried calling and emailing me non-stop to convince me to change my mind for months. I'll never buy again unless we undergo massive changes at the stadium and with game day operations.

Like what? What changes are needed for you to buy?

msu15
05-24-2023, 10:26 PM
[/B]

Like what? What changes are needed for you to buy?

Chair back the lower bowl, increase parking availability on campus, totally renovate the concession stands and bathrooms to 21st century standards, stop playing don't stop believing(just kidding on this one but I had to say it), just to name a few. I'm good with just buying tickets whenever we all want to go to one because of how cheap and available they are every week now for a comparable seat.

BrunswickDawg
05-25-2023, 05:54 AM
Chair back the lower bowl, increase parking availability on campus, totally renovate the concession stands and bathrooms to 21st century standards, stop playing don't stop believing(just kidding on this one but I had to say it), just to name a few. I'm good with just buying tickets whenever we all want to go to one because of how cheap and available they are every week now for a comparable seat.

Chairbacks will happen, it's too easy not to.
I don't get people's complaints about parking. In 30 years I've never found parking to be hard in game day. We have some of the easiest and closest parking that I've seen at SEC venues