05-20-2023, 03:21 PM
Goodbye Lemonis. Bless your hearts. Thanks for the memories

KOdawg1
05-20-2023, 03:30 PM
He ain't going anywhere unfortunately

msstate7
05-20-2023, 03:31 PM

If he doesn't turn it around next season, I think it has potential to set our program back big time.

EdwardDrayton
05-20-2023, 03:33 PM
Yeah. We finished 13th, so improved from last season. If we sustain that rate, he'll have us in first place twelve years from now.

KOdawg1
If he doesn't turn it around next season, I think it has potential to set our program back big time.

Idk how much further we can be set back tbh.

SpaceBully

I'm not sure we even recover now. I remember when playing Vandy, UT, Ole Miss, and BAMA.... were very easy wins. May never see those days again.

HoopsDawg
05-20-2023, 03:35 PM
Sounds like Dan McDonnell is very unhappy at Louisville but I doubt he would replace Lemonis. Look for him to take the Bama job.

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2023, 03:37 PM

He better

SpaceBully
05-20-2023, 03:39 PM
Sounds like Dan McDonnell is very unhappy at Louisville but I doubt he would replace Lemonis. Look for him to take the Bama job.

I can see him taking that job. Would do very well there. BAMA could host this year.....gonna be close and would be a rare feat indeed for them. McConnell would likely awaken that sleeping giant elephant baseball program.

KOdawg1
05-20-2023, 03:39 PM

That'd be our damn luck.

Try to hire the man last time, but we end up hiring his best friend, so now it eliminates him as a candidate for us this time, but hey, he's gonna go to a division rival that is a significantly lesser program than us.

Damn.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-20-2023, 03:42 PM
MSU baseball glory days are behind them now that 15% of the NCAA have actually decide to invest in baseball.

Quaoarsking
05-20-2023, 03:45 PM
People are understating just how bad these last 2 years have been. We should never miss a Regional, but if we did like once a decade and it was because the team really wasn't that bad but just unlucky, so be it.

But doing it twice in a row, and not even making Hoover, and being really bad in so many statistical categories to the degree that we can't blame bad luck, just isn't acceptable for any program that considers itself elite.

Only 4 fanbases in the country care about baseball, and we care the most of the 4. We simply can't allow Lemonis to have another year of this. Like I said, if we had just barely missed back-to-back Regionals due mostly to bad luck, I could see the argument for giving him a 3rd year, but when we're not even close twice in a row, it's time to move on.

We may not get a "splash hire," but the last 2 seasons have been SO BAD that any reasonably competent coach would be an improvement, and there are plenty of those who will gladly take our job.

Quaoarsking
05-20-2023, 03:46 PM
MSU baseball glory days are behind them now that 15% of the NCAA have actually decide to invest in baseball.

Disagree. We still care as a fanbase, as evidenced by setting the attendance record in this of all years. We should be in the hosting mix every year (I'll forgive occasional slipups, but not back-to-back missing Hoover), and will continue to be. We'll continue get players to make us competitive, we just need the coaching to match it.

HoopsDawg
05-20-2023, 03:51 PM

The entire SEC invests in baseball except Mizzou. Even UGA is about to put 50 million into their program. And Texas and Oklahoma are coming.

KOdawg1
05-20-2023, 03:51 PM

Schools are investing more with baseball, but we're still top 5-10 when it comes to financial support

Offshore Dawg
05-20-2023, 04:20 PM
That'd be our damn luck.

Th
Try to hire the man last time, but we end up hiring his best friend, so now it eliminates him as a candidate for us this time, but hey, he's gonna go to a division rival that is a significantly lesser program than us.

Damn.

There is not anything lesser about Bama if they decide to put the money into it.

AlSwearengen
05-20-2023, 04:34 PM
Louisville has been pretty average for a few years now.

Pinto
05-20-2023, 04:41 PM
A&M are about to put 108 million into their stadium

CaptainObvious
05-20-2023, 04:45 PM
There is not anything lesser about Bama if they decide to put the money into it.

Isn?t One of State?s worst SEC record against the Gumps? Of course it is that way in every sport. Why anyone would think there is a rivalry between State and Bama is soiling themselves in public.

EdwardDrayton
05-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Looking at getting run ruled in our final game. Just gonna leave that right there.

parabrave
05-20-2023, 04:54 PM
Looking at getting run ruled in our final game. Just gonna leave that right there.

Was thinking the same/ Would be about right to end the season this way.

maroonmania
05-20-2023, 05:07 PM
Was thinking the same/ Would be about right to end the season this way.

Yep, and we get a whole off season to look forward to more of the same next year. Woo hoo!

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2023, 05:12 PM
Isn?t One of State?s worst SEC record against the Gumps? Of course it is that way in every sport. Why anyone would think there is a rivalry between State and Bama is soiling themselves in public.

Im pretty sure we lead that series by a lot. Not that it matters

CaptainObvious
05-20-2023, 05:13 PM
I just figured out who Hines reminds me of.

Remember Bo in the movie Trouble With The Curve? He was number 1 pick for the Braves and Clint Eastwood?s daughter found the ?Peanut Boy? from the same town and put him on the mound against Bo in practice and Bo couldn?t hit anything he threw. Hines looks just like Bo in the face with a helmet on.

EdwardDrayton
05-20-2023, 05:14 PM
Forsythe pinch hits. Stinnett in relief. Lemo coaching like he's done?

maroonmania
05-20-2023, 05:17 PM

That would be unreal that he wouldn't leave Lousville for MState baseball but will now leave for Bama.

Mjoelner34
05-20-2023, 05:19 PM

And the outcome with both was 100% predictable.

CaptainObvious
05-20-2023, 05:24 PM
Im pretty sure we lead that series by a lot. Not that it matters

State is 206-216-4 against Alabama all time. We have only played Ole Miss more times. Our worst % record is against Florida 50-69 all time.

CaptainObvious
05-20-2023, 05:28 PM

No. Give him credit as a ?Players Coach?.He is giving his seniors playing time in the final game.

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2023, 05:31 PM
State is 206-216-4 against Alabama all time. We have only played Ole Miss more times. Our worst % record is against Florida 50-69 all time.

Oh ok

SpaceWranglerDawg
05-20-2023, 05:31 PM
Who on this team do we expect to lose for next year? Which crucial pieces are the most at risk not to come back? Ideally we have Hines, Jordan, Mershon back, but in this new NIL nonsense days, who knows.

trob115
05-20-2023, 05:46 PM
Talked to some big boosters today. They all want lemons gone. It's gonna happen

Dawgface
05-20-2023, 05:51 PM
Talked to some big boosters today. They all want lemons gone. It's gonna happen

Hope you're right and c34 is wrong.

EdwardDrayton
05-20-2023, 05:55 PM
No. Give him credit as a ?Players Coach?.He is giving his seniors playing time in the final game.

Yeah I get it. Just sad we're not playing for anything so second best is for the feel good.

EdwardDrayton
05-20-2023, 05:57 PM
Who on this team do we expect to lose for next year? Which crucial pieces are the most at risk not to come back? Ideally we have Hines, Jordan, Mershon back, but in this new NIL nonsense days, who knows.

Hard to imagine we can afford both Hines and Dakota. If it's only one, going with Jordan. Losing both would be devastating.

SpaceWranglerDawg
05-20-2023, 06:08 PM
Hard to imagine we can afford both Hines and Dakota. If it's only one, going with Jordan. Losing both would be devastating.

My thoughts too...i'm fully preparing myself for both to be gone

This dumbass "free agency" system that's going on is going to be very frustrating I'm afraid.

CaptainObvious
05-20-2023, 06:17 PM
My thoughts too...i'm fully preparing myself for both to be gone

This dumbass "free agency" system that's going on is going to be very frustrating I'm afraid.

It has some drawbacks. For instance, LSU and UT have the best offenses money can buy and both have paid for starting pitching. But both bullpens are going to keep either team from making it far in Omaha.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-20-2023, 06:18 PM
Forsythe still averaging about an error a game

SpaceWranglerDawg
05-20-2023, 06:19 PM
It has some drawbacks. For instance, LSU and UT have the best offenses money can buy and both have paid for starting pitching. But both bullpens are going to keep either team from making it far in Omaha.

Agreed, but that's on them for poor planning.

Top tier kids aren't going to give a damn about who can develop them, where they have the best shot at winning or any emotional decisions....it's a straight business decision at this point. They're going to go where they can get the larger check.

Mjoelner34
05-20-2023, 06:25 PM
At least we're still maintaining our antics at 2B after a double even though we've had our shit pushed in all year.**

KOdawg1
Forsythe still averaging about an error a game

Hope this is the last time we see him

Leeshouldveflanked
Pitching wins championships. Spend the money on pitching

EdwardDrayton
05-20-2023, 06:32 PM

Yeah I get that but sure would like to see what Dakota can do with at least one more year with us.

SpaceWranglerDawg
05-20-2023, 06:36 PM
Yeah I get that but sure would like to see what Dakota can do with at least one more year with us.

Hopefully he makes it back for another year.

Coach34
05-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Hope you're right and c34 is wrong.

All I'm saying is nobody I talk to has heard he will be fired.
Kendall has heard he will return
Rosebowl thinks he returns

Now- Arnett and crew have started keeping things closer to the vest with football news- maybe our new AD is doing the same? I dont know.

We'll see in the next few days because if he is going to be fired it will asap.

Cowbell
05-20-2023, 09:11 PM
I think he's gone just based on the demeanor he's shown the last few days. In his interviews for the last three weeks you can tell it.

Homedawg
05-20-2023, 09:32 PM
I can see him taking that job. Would do very well there. BAMA could host this year.....gonna be close and would be a rare feat indeed for them. McConnell would likely awaken that sleeping giant elephant baseball program.

He wants a job that cares about baseball. That ain't it.

Todd4State
05-20-2023, 11:01 PM
I think he's gone just based on the demeanor he's shown the last few days. In his interviews for the last three weeks you can tell it.

Huh? LSU last weekend was literally the hardest I've seen him coach in awhile.

Todd4State
05-20-2023, 11:03 PM
People are understating just how bad these last 2 years have been. We should never miss a Regional, but if we did like once a decade and it was because the team really wasn't that bad but just unlucky, so be it.

But doing it twice in a row, and not even making Hoover, and being really bad in so many statistical categories to the degree that we can't blame bad luck, just isn't acceptable for any program that considers itself elite.

Only 4 fanbases in the country care about baseball, and we care the most of the 4. We simply can't allow Lemonis to have another year of this. Like I said, if we had just barely missed back-to-back Regionals due mostly to bad luck, I could see the argument for giving him a 3rd year, but when we're not even close twice in a row, it's time to move on.

We may not get a "splash hire," but the last 2 seasons have been SO BAD that any reasonably competent coach would be an improvement, and there are plenty of those who will gladly take our job.

2008-2010 were worse than this year.

Bothrops
05-20-2023, 11:03 PM
I'm feeling kinda 50/50 now Lemonis will be back. I don't mind him coming back if he can patch up our pitching club. Tall order, and I'm not totally sure it's even possible in this slugger era that we're in. Maybe just a change in philosophy is enough. I dont know. I do feel like our roster is gonna get parted out.

Quaoarsking
05-20-2023, 11:18 PM
2008-2010 were worse than this year.

2010 was, not sure that 2008-09 were. Maybe. Probably about the same really.

However, that was before the national title, before almost all of our top 25 largest crowds, before NIL and the portal made it lot easier to turn things around quickly.

The Federalist Engineer
05-20-2023, 11:23 PM

MacDonnell to Bama? That would be huge for them.

The Federalist Engineer
05-20-2023, 11:25 PM

2024 Pitching looks like a disaster right now. I only see one healthy SEC level player returning

Coach34
05-20-2023, 11:38 PM
2024 Pitching looks like a disaster right now. I only see one healthy SEC level player returning

Loftin, Loo, Holcombe, Siary, Simmons, Forsythe, Kohn, Auger, Tapper. There's 9

Commercecomet24
05-21-2023, 12:33 AM

Not a bad start to a staff is it? That's a dang good core to work from.

Cowbell
05-21-2023, 01:53 AM
Is Cade for sure gone?

Todd4State
05-21-2023, 02:00 AM

Can't wait to see what happens when someone actually coaches them instead of telling them to "just throw".

Todd4State
05-21-2023, 02:01 AM
Is Cade for sure gone?

He's a consensus top 5 round pick. So I would say yes unless Basedog says otherwise.

maroonmania
05-21-2023, 08:07 AM

Based on their performance this year no way is that a good core to work with even if all of them return which is in no way guaranteed. But hopefully a new pitching coach can turn them around because no doubt there is talent and potential in that group.

CaptainObvious
05-21-2023, 08:14 AM

I?d be willing to bet Simmons, Auger, and Kohn are the best of that group by a mile.

We cannot depend on incoming freshmen pitchers this coming year for sure.

KOdawg1
05-21-2023, 09:30 AM
I really like what I saw from Tapper.

Those 9 could be pretty good. Add Dohm to the list too unless he's transferring

Coach34
05-21-2023, 10:20 AM
I really like what I saw from Tapper.

Those 9 could be pretty good. Add Dohm to the list too unless he's transferring

That's right- he's not old enough to get drafted

Saltydog
05-21-2023, 10:24 AM

Did Pico have TJ? If so, I wouldn't include him in that group.

Coach34
05-21-2023, 10:34 AM
He'll be at a year in March. Should be able to help in April/May

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-21-2023, 10:43 AM
He'll be at a year in March. Should be able to help in April/May

I'm certainly not relying on a guy being ready to help in SEC ball as his first action post TJ. Could he? Sure. But most guys need time to ease into it and get rust off and can't be relied upon to strike out SEC batters