PDA

View Full Version : Asking in behalf of a foreign friend

The Federalist Engineer
05-17-2023, 08:45 PM
Pick a better option:

(1) Vitello for 2.5M/year

Or

(2) Nick Mingione (or similar) for 575k and 1.925M for players per year

My foreign friend keeps telling me that coaches are just employees. Does not understand why a college coach gets 3x an MLB coach? When you discount non-SEC games, it seems that MLB coaches are coaching 5 times more games.

My foreign friend thinks agents and ADs are chiseling colleges.

Quaoarsking
05-17-2023, 09:35 PM
Is that 1.925M actually transferable to NIL though?

DEDawg
05-17-2023, 10:24 PM

You would think so but somehow we are saving 3M on our FB coach this year and allegedly our Football NIL fund isn't anywhere near that. I don't understand.

Cowbell
05-17-2023, 10:35 PM
No - not at all

Quaoarsking
05-17-2023, 10:56 PM
You would think so but somehow we are saving 3M on our FB coach this year and allegedly our Football NIL fund isn't anywhere near that. I don't understand.

We need the boosters who would fund the football coach salary that we're saving to fund NIL instead.

And same for baseball too if we replace Lemonis with someone lower-salaried.

The Federalist Engineer
05-17-2023, 11:05 PM
No - not at all

I'm not an accountant but these NiL deals are All pretty much bullshit. Pure Give always.

Miami has players on YouTube "selling" health insurance that I have never heard off.

Other than the Bama QB on Dr Pepper ads, the rest are selling hoodies and visors. Somehow LSU pays huge NIL salaries. The girl in the picture is "selling" this "merchandise", if I gave this to my kids, they would look at curiously and then deposit in the family donation box for Goodwill. 100% sure of it.

https://nilportal.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/ole-miss-nil-shakira-austin-branded-gear.jpg

CaptainObvious
05-17-2023, 11:06 PM
I can sit on a bucket for $300k per year. And stroll out to the mound every other inning, or in some cases every other out, to change pitchers.
But if we catch lightning in a bottle after getting 10 run ruled twice in Hoover, they will owe me $1 million bonus for getting the team to carry my bucket to the championship round.

Then they could use the rest on players

Todd4State
05-18-2023, 12:07 AM
Pick a better option:

Or

My foreign friend keeps telling me that coaches are just employees. Does not understand why a college coach gets 3x an MLB coach? When you discount non-SEC games, it seems that MLB coaches are coaching 5 times more games.

I would take Vitello because he is a much better coach.

The Federalist Engineer
05-18-2023, 02:15 AM
I can sit on a bucket for $300k per year. And stroll out to the mound every other inning, or in some cases every other out, to change pitchers.
But if we catch lightning in a bottle after getting 10 run ruled twice in Hoover, they will owe me $1 million bonus for getting the team to carry my bucket to the championship round.

Then they could use the rest on players

NIL deal for customized buckets

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81CdDzrz5mL.jpg

somebodyshotmypaw
05-18-2023, 06:47 AM
Pick a better option:

Or

MLB managers just manage the team. There is a GM and scouting department that drafts, signs free agents etc. In college ball, the coach also has to be the GM and scout (evaluate and acquire players). Honestly it’s a much bigger job in college. And the players need more development and coaching in college. Raw professional players tend to develop in the minors.

It’s true that coaches are just employees. But that applies to all situations. A janitor and Nick Saban are just Alabama employees. A young dude working at the Apple Store and Tim Cook are just Apple employees.

Leroy Jenkins
05-18-2023, 07:06 AM

Schools cannot pay players NIL money. Remember, they are getting paid for "endorsements"*, not athletic performance. If they were paid to play ball then they would lose amateur status and be ineligible.

CaptainObvious
05-18-2023, 08:12 AM
Schools cannot pay players NIL money. Remember, they are getting paid for "endorsements"*, not athletic performance. If they were paid to play ball then they would lose amateur status and be ineligible.

Levity at its finest. You forgot these: ****

DEDawg
05-18-2023, 08:24 AM

I mean? yes obviously. But lets not fool ourselves here

SpaceWranglerDawg
05-18-2023, 08:44 AM
Until family farms and engineering firms start having "faces of their businesses," we don't have the reach in our alumni base to compete financially with...basically anyone.

TStationDawg
05-18-2023, 09:18 AM
I would take Vitello because he is a much better coach.

Todd- elaborate on that opinion. I know several share that opinion as well where I do not. I do think he's a great recruiter (I see him everywhere), and he's stock piling talent at a mind boggling rate...but I just don't see the coaching ability other than encouraging everyone around the program to act like an ass and be cocky.... they don't field it great, don't run the bases great, streaky bats with all or nothing approaches.....I just don't see the "coaching"....

Leroy Jenkins
05-18-2023, 09:18 AM
Levity at its finest. You forgot these: ****

Look closely.

sandjunky
05-18-2023, 11:53 AM
Pick a better option:

Or

Vitello

sandjunky
05-18-2023, 11:55 AM
Todd- elaborate on that opinion. I know several share that opinion as well where I do not. I do think he's a great recruiter (I see him everywhere), and he's stock piling talent at a mind boggling rate...but I just don't see the coaching ability other than encouraging everyone around the program to act like an ass and be cocky.... they don't field it great, don't run the bases great, streaky bats with all or nothing approaches.....I just don't see the "coaching"....

Not Todd

But he recruits better, coaches better and his teams play with a chip on the shoulder and swagger

Goldendawg
05-18-2023, 12:26 PM
We need the boosters who would fund the football coach salary that we're saving to fund NIL instead.

And same for baseball too if we replace Lemonis with someone lower-salaried.

Doesn't the Bulldog Club or others pay majority of coaching salaries?

Goldendawg
05-18-2023, 12:32 PM

Yeah, what a joke. Sure Stenson Bennett has had giant NIL deals and that "student athlete" has been unable to get a degree in six plus years at GA. What an institution of higher learning.

confucius say
05-18-2023, 12:34 PM
Pick a better option:

Or

If that were actually the case and the extra 2 million go to NIL yearly, which it is not, give me 2 all day. No brainer. I would have the best roster every year with an average coach. Much better than an average roster with a good coach.

The Federalist Engineer
05-18-2023, 02:42 PM
Doesn't the Bulldog Club or others pay majority of coaching salaries?

LinK: https://athleticdirectoru.com/articles/making-sense-of-college-coaching-contracts/#:~:text=Generally%2C%20a%20large%20proportion%20o f,as%20%E2%80%9Csupplemental%20compensation%E2%80% 9D).

"Generally, a large proportion of a coach?s total compensation will be in exchange for duties that satisfy the university?s media, sponsorship, and apparel contracts, including a grant of the coach?s name, likeness and image (collectively, referred to as ?supplemental compensation?). Though paid by the university, the Talent Fee is typically funded from revenue generated by its rights deals and sponsorships."

https://athleticdirectoru.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Contract.jpeg

So 80% of the salary is just the coach's NIL deal and money shell game. The University is only paying a fraction of the total. So Nike outfits the team, the coaches get to sip the milkshake but not the players. So, if the players get a straw too, then it's Nike paying the player, not the school. But it's the money the coach used to get.

I don't about you guys, but I rather wear a shirt that says "Hines" than "Lemonis". This has everything to do with Hines performance. Nobody want's a "Foxhall" shirt.

Goldendawg
05-18-2023, 04:31 PM
LinK: https://athleticdirectoru.com/articles/making-sense-of-college-coaching-contracts/#:~:text=Generally%2C%20a%20large%20proportion%20o f,as%20%E2%80%9Csupplemental%20compensation%E2%80% 9D).

"Generally, a large proportion of a coach?s total compensation will be in exchange for duties that satisfy the university?s media, sponsorship, and apparel contracts, including a grant of the coach?s name, likeness and image (collectively, referred to as ?supplemental compensation?). Though paid by the university, the Talent Fee is typically funded from revenue generated by its rights deals and sponsorships."

https://athleticdirectoru.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Contract.jpeg

So 80% of the salary is just the coach's NIL deal and money shell game. The University is only paying a fraction of the total. So Nike outfits the team, the coaches get to sip the milkshake but not the players. So, if the players get a straw too, then it's Nike paying the player, not the school. But it's the money the coach used to get.

I don't about you guys, but I rather wear a shirt that says "Hines" than "Lemonis". This has everything to do with Hines performance. Nobody want's a "Foxhall" shirt.

This unreal compensation for coaches helped bring about the Supreme Court decision for players, NIL and portal, along with NCAA greed. Even NFL has contracts and salary caps. This is completely out of control. Back in the day when my late Superdawg Dad and his friends joined together to buy cars and tractors seems very innocent now. But we got busted for a "discount" on clothes at a local store and had to forfeit about 20 or so games along with other probation.

maroonmania
05-18-2023, 06:03 PM
Question, can a university employee contribute to NIL? Can a football coach make 10 mil per year and donate 2 mil to NIL? I mean once it's paid to him its no longer university funds.

The Federalist Engineer
05-18-2023, 06:25 PM
Question, can a university employee contribute to NIL? Can a football coach make 10 mil per year and donate 2 mil to NIL? I mean once it's paid to him its no longer university funds.

Just do it. If Miami can use scum bag Ponzi Scheme money, there are no limits. But I would suggest at least giving the money the veneer of "outside source"

Pancho
05-18-2023, 06:29 PM
501c3

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-18-2023, 07:32 PM
Pics?