PDA

View Full Version : Genespage

sandjunky
05-17-2023, 08:12 AM
This place has become an estrogen filled woe is me swan lake lite

You are what your record says you are? Our record 2 years in a row says we suck - the only metric that matters - winning

And we suck at that right now no matter the reason

Excuses are for losers

If you consider yourself an elite program, two years of below mediocrity is unacceptable

And get out of here with keeping players and recruiting classes - I watch PG 10s that can?t hit and pitch in games weekly but hey they have the metrics and are can?t misses

Get the right coach - Lemonis is not that guy

You miss 100% of the shots not taken

TrapGame
05-17-2023, 10:16 AM
Most people treat baseball differently. If we had a perennial top 10 football program for the last 30+ years that just finally won a natty, but had two back to back 4-8 seasons, you can bet the head coach would be out here in a heartbeat.

Coach34
05-17-2023, 10:27 AM
Name an elite program that has had 4 HC's in a 7 year span in modern times. And if you find that- tell me how it worked out for them

TrapGame
05-17-2023, 10:34 AM
Name an elite program that has had 4 HC's in a 7 year span in modern times. And if you find that- tell me how it worked out for them

Do your own homework Biff.

BuckyIsAB****
05-17-2023, 10:36 AM

Find me another one that walked into a perfect situation and then ran it off the road so far he cant pull it out with a crane. We didnt want Henderson after an Omaha run but we want Lemonis all of a sudden after he has ruined everything we built? We survived Cann. We can survive this and be better from it. Idk where all this is coming from, but this staff has earned its fate

BuckyIsAB****
05-17-2023, 10:38 AM
Most people treat baseball differently. If we had a perennial top 10 football program for the last 30+ years that just finally won a natty, but had two back to back 4-8 seasons, you can bet the head coach would be out here in a heartbeat.

Folks wanted Leach gone the second we hired him and never fully got on board. Ever. But now we wanna hop back on for this staff? When they are breaking records of suckage?

Quaoarsking
05-17-2023, 10:41 AM

Alabama football had 5 from 2000 to 2007 (6 if you countinterim, which Henderson was for us),, and I'd say canning Shula for Saban worked out pretty well for them.

Coach34
05-17-2023, 10:46 AM
Alabama football had 5 from 2000 to 2007 (6 if you countinterim, which Henderson was for us),, and I'd say canning Shula for Saban worked out pretty well for them.

but hiring Shula didnt. Neither did hiring Dennis Franchione or Mike Price

Bama hired a coach to replace Shula that was coaching at a higher level and had a Natty on his belt. If we can hire that LFG. But we are talking about hiring the coach from Campbell.

Coach34
05-17-2023, 10:47 AM
Find me another one that walked into a perfect situation and then ran it off the road so far he cant pull it out with a crane.

Miami Hurricanes

sandjunky
05-17-2023, 10:51 AM

So by your definition above- you are saying state is not an elite program simply due to turnover - got it

Stability for the sake of stability is asinine - Lemonis has no vision and his teams aren?t known for any qualities - toughness, physicality, being a dirtbag, being gritty

What?s the definition of insanity again?
Doing the same $hit over and over and expecting different results.

CaptainObvious
05-17-2023, 10:54 AM
Well Hell. Campbell is in the Top 20 with other no name baseball programs like West Virginia and UT San Antonio. Meanwhile Lemonis has State sitting next to last in a 14 team league. Heck, let?s keep him. Then next year when his team finishes 13th they will not be next to last, because there will be 3 teams worse. But still out of Hoover. My gosh. The water is rising so slow some people are willing to wait until it is seeping under the door sill before building a dam.

CaptainObvious
05-17-2023, 11:01 AM
The first in that string of 4 Coaches coached State for 8 years. The last has coached for 5 years. The 2 in the middle (fired) and (interim).

Not exactly Coach hopping.

viverlibre
05-17-2023, 11:02 AM
It's a little weird that us improving from 14th to 13th place is enough to save the HC's job at one of top three baseball programs in the country. If Saban finishes last or next to last in 2023 and 2024, the gumps would burn his house down with him inside.

basedog
05-17-2023, 11:23 AM

I guess your cousin Bucket Coach is your favorite*** Man have you changed, I suppose he is your favorite cousin and family is first* LOL

You don't build a 65 million dollar baseball stadium and finish at the bottom two years in a row.

StarkVegasSteve
05-17-2023, 11:27 AM
It's a little weird that us improving from 14th to 13th place is enough to save the HC's job at one of top three baseball programs in the country. If Saban finishes last or next to last in 2023 and 2024, the gumps would burn his house down with him inside.

Alabama also has 6 national championships in the last 12 years. We have 1 all time. Whether we agree or not that is going to buy him more goodwill than it should with the higher ups.

Cooterpoot
05-17-2023, 12:02 PM
Lemonis is in so far over his head he'll never make it. He's going to hire a retread pitching coach because no good one is coming here for this mess.

CaptainObvious
05-17-2023, 12:10 PM
Hmm. It seems 1% of the Fanbase is split on Getting rid of or keeping a floundering baseball coach. Ever body know where Flounders reside?

The Federalist Engineer
05-17-2023, 03:54 PM

1. Dubose 2000
2. Francione 2002
3. Price 2003
4. Shula 2006
5. Kines 2006
6. Saban 2007

Eventually, they found the guy they liked.

sandjunky
05-17-2023, 04:14 PM
1. Dubose 2000
2. Francione 2002
3. Price 2003
4. Shula 2006
5. Kines 2006
6. Saban 2007

Eventually, they found the guy they liked.

That?s football so it doesn?t count or so they say

Expectations are expectations

BuckyIsAB****
05-17-2023, 04:52 PM
Miami Hurricanes

So you are comparing the U with all their off field problems to Ms State baseball when Lemon took over?

sandjunky
05-17-2023, 05:13 PM
So you are comparing the U with all their off field problems to Ms State baseball when Lemon took over?

Must also coach yoga - good at stretching things to fit narrative wanting to defend

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-17-2023, 05:49 PM
C34 was calling Lemonis "Lemizik" a week ago lol. He was the first one to come here and say "boosters still aren't sure on firing Lemo", but he didn't DEFEND lemo and he wasn't celebrating him staying... it read like he was trying g to rile us up to demand change.

But now we have a choice. Has C34 done a 180 because A) a single series at LSU really means that much to him, or B) Lemo is staying regardless so he's trying to keep the fans optimistic?

I think B). There's no way he believes the crap he's saying, especially not after he's bashed Lemo so hard. He just doesn't want us canceling tickets or refusing to donate.

Coach34
05-17-2023, 08:04 PM

aGAIN- you asked a question- I answered it. If you dont want examples- stop asking for them

Coach34
05-17-2023, 08:09 PM
C34 was calling Lemonis "Lemizik" a week ago lol. He was the first one to come here and say "boosters still aren't sure on firing Lemo", but he didn't DEFEND lemo and he wasn't celebrating him staying... it read like he was trying g to rile us up to demand change.

But now we have a choice. Has C34 done a 180 because A) a single series at LSU really means that much to him, or B) Lemo is staying regardless so he's trying to keep the fans optimistic?

I think B). There's no way he believes the crap he's saying, especially not after he's bashed Lemo so hard. He just doesn't want us canceling tickets or refusing to donate.

He is still Lemonizik. That hasnt changed, altho I did think the pitching management was better vs LSU. I just dont think we are going to fire him. Until my usual guys tell me they think he's gone- it is what it is.

The Federalist Engineer
05-17-2023, 08:18 PM
I am waiting for my Lemonis ballot to arrive, is it going to be by mail or email? Surely my MSU fan-hood, tickets, hats, shirts, pi?atas, socks, modest donations to COE scholarships, and t-shirts entitle me to a vote on this.****

basedog
05-17-2023, 08:28 PM
He is still Lemonizik. That hasnt changed, altho I did think the pitching management was better vs LSU. I just dont think we are going to fire him. Until my usual guys tell me they think he's gone- it is what it is.

Better but we gave up a ton of runs first and 3rd game. This series is Lemonis most important one of the year.

Coach34
05-17-2023, 08:30 PM
Better but we gave up a ton of runs first and 3rd game.

And we will give up runs this weekend also. Our pitching is limited.

basedog
05-17-2023, 09:01 PM
And we will give up runs this weekend also. Our pitching is limited.

No doubt.

State82
05-17-2023, 09:08 PM
I am waiting for my Lemonis ballot to arrive, is it going to be by mail or email? Surely my MSU fan-hood, tickets, hats, shirts, pi?atas, socks, modest donations to COE scholarships, and t-shirts entitle me to a vote on this.****

Watch out for hanging chads on that ballot.

SpaceBully
05-18-2023, 04:21 AM
This place has become an estrogen filled woe is me swan lake lite

You are what your record says you are? Our record 2 years in a row says we suck - the only metric that matters - winning

And we suck at that right now no matter the reason

Excuses are for losers

If you consider yourself an elite program, two years of below mediocrity is unacceptable

And get out of here with keeping players and recruiting classes - I watch PG 10s that can?t hit and pitch in games weekly but hey they have the metrics and are can?t misses

Get the right coach - Lemonis is not that guy

You miss 100% of the shots not taken

I don't consider us as an elite program. Just a good baseball team that happens to have an elite fan base. Win one or two more NCs, then I will change my mind.

BrunswickDawg
05-18-2023, 05:43 AM
I don't consider us as an elite program. Just a good baseball team that happens to have an elite fan base. Win one or two more NCs, then I will change my mind.
We are tied for 11th in CWS appearances. We have more CWS titles then a team that has been there twice as often (#2 FSU Has 23 appearances and no wins). We are an elite program. Our team currently is not.

sandjunky
05-18-2023, 07:12 AM

I would argue the opposite- elite program with a good fan base

EdwardDrayton
05-18-2023, 03:36 PM
Did Gene retire? Know there was some talk of that being a possibility awhile back. Does Porkpie own it now?

viverlibre
05-18-2023, 06:09 PM
Did Gene retire? Know there was some talk of that being a possibility awhile back. Does Porkpie own it now?

Retire from what? Ranking in subscription dollars from idiots and blue hairs dumb enough to pay for content that'd be free in a few hours?

Pancho
05-18-2023, 06:30 PM
I haven't checked genespage in years

sandjunky
05-18-2023, 07:07 PM
I don?t know

Was banned in 2002 for saying Sherrill should be fired

TrapGame
05-19-2023, 11:39 AM
I don?t know

Was banned in 2002 for saying Sherrill should be fired

Gene chastised me on the premium board when I posted a player told me Dak was going to replace T. Russell very soon. He removed my post and told me not to post hearsay again.

Guess what ****ing happened a week later????

**** Gene.