PDA

View Full Version : Told you Auburn is the luckiest team in college football.

Bothrops
11-30-2013, 07:44 PM
They'll win the west next year too.

DawgInMemphis
11-30-2013, 07:49 PM

From their qb completing a pass to himself to for a first down against us, to the miracle against Georgia, to what just happened against Bama... I think you're right. all the dominoes are falling their way this year.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 07:50 PM

They have to go to Oxford, Starkville, T-Town and Athens. They arent winning the West next year

Sacrifice
11-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Damn if Dak plays against bama we could've beat both those sum bitches...

MarketingBully01
11-30-2013, 07:54 PM
Their luck runs out next week. I think USC or Missouri could beat them. Never seen a game like that and I hate those assholes as much as I hate Ole Miss. Those two fan bases are as close to each other as you can be. Ironic but true. I hope Missouri crushes those bastards.

Bothrops
11-30-2013, 07:58 PM
I will say that out of those road trips, we could be the toughest matchup for Auburn. Especially if we are healthy.

Maroon Diapers
11-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Aren't they glad Saban bitched about adding that second back to the clock?

Dawg61
11-30-2013, 08:02 PM

We're going to beat the shit out of Auburn next year. They are gimmick football.

Dawgowar
11-30-2013, 08:05 PM

Honestly, TSUN is a constant priority for me, but in terms of satisfaction - you beat Auburn, you beat evil. From Dye, to Lowder, to Cam - utter dung. Arrogant Ag School - such a thing should not be allowed to exist. I hope they get smoked by Spurrier next week. I really want them to face that SOB and to have it handed to them. Spurrier knows all of Ellis Johnson's tricks. Then again maybe Mizzou could throttle their corrupt asses as well.

Mind you, I am not about to shed a tear for Bama nor their fans. They just don't matter to me as much.

Special teams is a third of the damn game NCAA coaches - perhaps it is time to budget and focus on it?????

thunderclap
11-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Nothing would surprise me as far as Auburn. I've seen enough over the last few years to realize they have a horseshoe up their ass.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2013, 08:43 PM
I genuinely believe the luck and injuries have a way of evening out over time and regressing to the mean. Therefore, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Auburn has injury issues and bad luck next year, and, for us, just the opposite to happen.

Been watching sports for a long time, and that just seems to he the way things work.

tcdog70
11-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Hell, Bama only had two guys on the field that could Tackle . The Holder and kicker and seven fat OL , only leaves two Guys to make the Tackle. Nick went stupid.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2013, 09:29 PM
Maybe I was watching a different game, but Auburn looked like a pretty damn good team. The winning TD wasn't luck. They put a great athlete in the game to return a "punt" covered by 10 o-linemen. I saw a lot of great coaching from the Auburn sideline. I know many are pissed about Cam. But he was ours to win, but the coach called the wrong play.

Dawg61
11-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Maybe I was watching a different game, but Auburn looked like a pretty damn good team. The winning TD wasn't luck. They put a great athlete in the game to return a "punt" covered by 10 o-linemen. I saw a lot of great coaching from the Auburn sideline. I know many are pissed about Cam. But he was ours to win, but the coach called the wrong play.

Auburn has no business playing for the NC. They CAN'T PASS. They use the gimmick offense of not allowing your defense to substitute or make calls from the sidelines. It's bullshit football. I want it out of college football. Oregon, Baylor, Auburn etc.. are making a killing off of a gimmick. Get it the **** out of football.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2013, 09:47 PM
I understand your point, but the gimmick just ran the ball down the NC's throat, is 11-1 and heading to SECCG.

whosyourdawgy
11-30-2013, 10:07 PM
and sucked in the 'Bama cb and the wr had no one to even worry about for the td. Call it gimmicky or whatever you want but Malzahn outcoached the best coach in college football and beat em. What the Hell was Saban thinking. They were no where near prepared to handle a return on that fg. AJ was probably the fastest player on the field for them and watch the replay, he is no where in sight. The kicker is lit up but you never even see AJ. Sometimes teams just seem to get all the luck during a season. And Auburn has had ALL the luck any team could ever hope for in a single season. I had forgotten about the dang play where we batted the ball and he caught it and ran forever. I just remember that being the only time I was pissed at Collins for his play calling. We had pretty much contained them all day long and at the end of the game we go conservative as shit and then put a 5 foot cb covering a 6'6 wr in the endzone one on one at the end of the game? UGH!!

maroonmania
11-30-2013, 10:10 PM
From their qb completing a pass to himself to for a first down against us, to the miracle against Georgia, to what just happened against Bama... I think you're right. all the dominoes are falling their way this year.

The first 2 items you mention were total sheer luck but what happened at the end of the game today was just good coaching. Malzahn set up for the return all the way with basically his return team on the field against a bunch of big slow blockers on Alabama's FG kicking team. Granted it was a VERY unusual way for a game to end but I didn't see a lot of luck involved.

tcdog70
11-30-2013, 11:14 PM
and sucked in the 'Bama cb and the wr had no one to even worry about for the td. Call it gimmicky or whatever you want but Malzahn outcoached the best coach in college football and beat em. What the Hell was Saban thinking. They were no where near prepared to handle a return on that fg. AJ was probably the fastest player on the field for them and watch the replay, he is no where in sight. The kicker is lit up but you never even see AJ. Sometimes teams just seem to get all the luck during a season. And Auburn has had ALL the luck any team could ever hope for in a single season. I had forgotten about the dang play where we batted the ball and he caught it and ran forever. I just remember that being the only time I was pissed at Collins for his play calling. We had pretty much contained them all day long and at the end of the game we go conservative as shit and then put a 5 foot cb covering a 6'6 wr in the endzone one on one at the end of the game? UGH!!

AJ didn't hold. This kicker has his own holder

Irondawg
12-01-2013, 12:01 AM
it's lucky when you win a game on a return like that true...but Bama also left 15 points on the field with missed FG. They could have gone 1-5 and still won.

I can't imagine a team has had a luckier season in recent years that AU has this year. They are a good team, no doubt, but they have had some crazy finishes to get where they are.

rtdawg
12-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Very smart coaching by Malzhn on the field goal. Bama had no one even close to tackling that guy on the return. How in the hell does he not know they have someone ready to return that ball on a 57 yard attempt? Mind-boggling he wasn't ready for that.....I thought Gus and Co totally out coached Saban and his staff.

Political Hack
12-01-2013, 12:19 AM
the last passing TD is a play they've held all year. smart.

the return was set up perfectly. he leaned right to set up the wall to the left and the blockers set the wall. smart.

Gus is COTY IMO.

BIG GA FAN
12-16-2013, 08:55 PM
First post

Political Hack
12-16-2013, 09:27 PM
First post

so far, we know you're a big GA fan and that you can count to one. lucky for you, there's not a math requirement to be a member of this board.

Fair warning: other MSU boards have a minimum score requirement on the English section of the ACT though.

preachermatt83
12-16-2013, 09:54 PM
First post

think u left off the "Y" ... jk welcome to ED

SignalToNoise
12-16-2013, 10:17 PM
you can count to one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52aaTFibHo

BIG GA FAN
12-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Why is Auburn's offensive philosophy "gimmick" football?

drunkernhelldawg
12-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Auburn has no business playing for the NC. They CAN'T PASS. They use the gimmick offense of not allowing your defense to substitute or make calls from the sidelines. It's bullshit football. I want it out of college football. Oregon, Baylor, Auburn etc.. are making a killing off of a gimmick. Get it the **** out of football.

That's the thing about college football. A few turns of the ball and it could have been us, too.

Barking 13
12-17-2013, 01:22 PM
The only prescription is more cowbell.....

smootness
12-17-2013, 01:38 PM

It isn't. People seem to equate 'gimmick' with 'I don't think it will be successful long-term' nowadays. I do think there is an aspect of their offense, specifically that so many of their runs are designed to go around the ends and be run outside the tackles, that will be tough to sustain in the SEC.

Obviously Malzahn has had success in the SEC before, but the times his offense has become unstoppable, he had a big bruiser to hit you in the mouth...Cam and Tre Mason. As long as they continue to recruit that, it will be a very tough offense to stop. But once you're stuck with Ontario McCalebb as your primary back, you will have issues.

If teams will begin focusing on shutting down the outside runs, though, it will make the offense easier to stop. That doesn't mean you will...you will still have to stop their power game...but it will become easier to scheme against.

Every offense can mostly be reduced down to who is better in the trenches if you gameplan and execute properly. Auburn's is no different.

Johnson85
12-17-2013, 02:10 PM

It relies to a large extent on preventing the other team from substituting. Otherwise I'd say it's not gimmicky any more than the triple option is gimmicky. As people see more and more of it, teams will spend more time preparing for it, and it won't be as successful. Otherwise it's just another good offensive scheme. It looks better now because not a lot of teams have copied it yet and they have a very good play caller and teacher implementing it