PDA

View Full Version : Wes Johnson

Homedawg
05-14-2023, 10:07 PM
Im asking this for clarification. IF coaches are completely responsible for players not performing, then why in the world is Wes Johnson treated like a God? His staff is trash. And it wasn't just this weekend. He's riding the coattail of skenes. Nobody can screw that guy up. Might be the best guy I've ever seen! EVER. Not saying he's bad, but he has 500k in that pitching staff alone in nil transfers and only one is worth a damn. So either, he can't evaluate or can't coach..... or needs a money manager. And continues to lead the world in arm injuries.

redstickdawg
05-14-2023, 10:09 PM
Im asking this for clarification. IF coaches are completely responsible for players not performing, then why in the world is Wes Johnson treated like a God? His staff is trash. And it wasn't just this weekend. He's riding the coattail if skenes. Nobody can screws that guy up. Might be the best guy I've ever seen! EVER. Not saying he's bad, but he has 500k in that pitching staff alone in nil transfers and only one is worth a damn. So either, he can't evaluate or can't coach..... or needs a money manager. And continues to lead the world in arm injuries.

he's had a lot of injuries, go figure and I think like 4-5 out with TJ surgery. it is a recurring pattern with WJ.

Cooterpoot
05-14-2023, 10:13 PM
It's his first season there. Let's check back in a couple years.

Homedawg
05-14-2023, 10:14 PM
he's had a lot of injuries, go figure and I think like 4-5 out with TJ surgery. it is a recurring pattern with WJ.
I get that. But he got thatcher Hurd and Christian little out of the portal. Both have been awful. If he's all he's cracked up to be and coaches fix EVERYTHING, shouldn't MM be able to fix it??

Cowbell
05-14-2023, 10:15 PM
Im asking this for clarification. IF coaches are completely responsible for players not performing, then why in the world is Wes Johnson treated like a God? His staff is trash. And it wasn't just this weekend. He's riding the coattail of skenes. Nobody can screw that guy up. Might be the best guy I've ever seen! EVER. Not saying he's bad, but he has 500k in that pitching staff alone in nil transfers and only one is worth a damn. So either, he can't evaluate or can't coach..... or needs a money manager. And continues to lead the world in arm injuries.

Maybe the most overrated coach in college baseball. And Skenes was the real deal before he got to BR and Wes may still screw him up. Heck they used chubs again today after he threw nearly 50 pitches yesterday.

Homedawg
05-14-2023, 10:16 PM

Cool, let's do that. He has a big budget. Huge budget. Can't miss right?
Most nil money at a top 5 job. He should never ever have a bad staff form this time going forward if what this board thinks is correct??? He's overrated period.

Cowbell
05-14-2023, 10:16 PM

Cooter it's the portal era and they are the biggest spenders.

maroonmania
05-14-2023, 10:23 PM

Shocker

Coach34
05-14-2023, 10:24 PM
Rules for thee but not for me I see.

Their pitching staff coming into 2023 was higher rated that ours. Their staff is trash.

DownwardDawg
05-14-2023, 10:36 PM

Won't be any healthy arms left on his staff by then.

Lord McBuckethead
05-14-2023, 10:56 PM
Skenes, if not injured will be in an mlb uniform in two years. Great win for MSU. Now they need to do it again.

Homedawg
05-14-2023, 10:59 PM
Skenes, if not injured will be in an mlb uniform in two years. Great win for MSU. Now they need to do it again.

Yes. I saw a thread on another board comparing him to the best ever. Heck, he's the best I've ever seen. Ever. Ever. In college that is. What happens from here we shall see

Saltydog
05-15-2023, 08:34 AM
Stephen Strasburg, part deaux. . . . . .Not sure if he's even in the game anymore. . . . .

msstate7
05-15-2023, 09:00 AM
LSU ranks in sec...
Era - 6th
Opposing BA - 2nd
K - 2nd
Bb - 4th
Hits allowed - 2nd

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-15-2023, 09:26 AM
LSU ranks in sec...
Era - 6th
Opposing BA - 2nd
K - 2nd
Bb - 4th
Hits allowed - 2nd

I get you, but they have the BEST pitcher in baseball and his 6-7 innings a Friday of shutdown baseball alone makes their ERA probably .6 better than if you replace him woth a normal Friday guy, and with all the injuries that ERA going forward is going to be as bad as ours, as we saw this weekend.

Wes Johnson doesn't get credit for developing Skenes. If any blame for injuries can fall on a coach then he should get it because they've had a lot. They've spent a LOT on NIL deals and they picked poorly from the Portal (Skenes excluded).

We can say "injuries are random" but State, Arky, and now LSU fans will tell you injuries spike like crazy under Wes.

Ultimately his job is to recruit good pitchers, develop guys, and have a good staff. At this point in time, they have- 1 great player the boosters bought, 1 ok starter behind him, and dogshit past that. That's on Wes

msstate7
05-15-2023, 09:33 AM
I get you, but they have the BEST pitcher in baseball and his 6-7 innings a Friday of shutdown baseball alone makes their ERA probably .6 better than if you replace him woth a normal Friday guy, and with all the injuries that ERA going forward is going to be as bad as ours, as we saw this weekend.

Wes Johnson doesn't get credit for developing Skenes. If any blame for injuries can fall on a coach then he should get it because they've had a lot. They've spent a LOT on NIL deals and they picked poorly from the Portal (Skenes excluded).

We can say "injuries are random" but State, Arky, and now LSU fans will tell you injuries spike like crazy under Wes.

Ultimately his job is to recruit good pitchers, develop guys, and have a good staff. At this point in time, they have- 1 great player the boosters bought, 1 ok starter behind him, and dogshit past that. That's on Wes

He's pitched 79.2 ip this season of their 429.1 (19%). Skenes is immensely better than last season. Does Johnson not get credit for that?