PDA

View Full Version : Lemonizik outsmarts LSU. Wins Game 2

Coach34
05-13-2023, 09:22 PM
Has Loo and Gartman for Game 3.

Tomorrow is prime for us to take the series from the #2 overall seed in the NCAA Tourney.

I say it's still 50/50 he gets fired

StarkVegasSteve
05-13-2023, 09:24 PM
Tonight was exactly how Fridays should have gone for us all year had Cade not gotten hurt along with Nix. You go Cade to KC to Nixon in the back.

Todd4State
05-13-2023, 09:45 PM
Thought I heard Gartman was hurt?

Homedawg
05-13-2023, 09:46 PM
Thought I heard Gartman was hurt?

That's what you've been saying all week since his velo was down in the second last week. But nobody "said it".

Dawgface
05-13-2023, 09:50 PM

Tomorrow is prime for us to take the series from the #2 overall seed in the NCAA Tourney.

I say if we win tomorrow that pushes him over the top for another year.

confucius say
05-13-2023, 09:52 PM
We just need 3 of cade smith

DownwardDawg
05-13-2023, 10:01 PM
We've needed to concede Fridays for a while now. Pitch our best on Saturday and Sunday. It's not that hard. He should be fired.

msstate7
05-13-2023, 10:31 PM
Nice win. Take the series, lemonis

maroonmania
05-13-2023, 10:58 PM
I say if we win tomorrow that pushes him over the top for another year.

I would say if we win tomorrow and then play well next weekend. We still don't need to come home and get swept the last weekend by A&M if Lemonis is going to stay even with a series win against LSU.

Todd4State
05-14-2023, 02:32 AM
I would say if we win tomorrow and then play well next weekend. We still don't need to come home and get swept the last weekend by A&M if Lemonis is going to stay even with a series win against LSU.

Tomorrow doesn't change my opinion on Lemonis if we lose but I do think we need to win the A&M series.

basedog
05-14-2023, 07:13 AM
Funny, we win a game (good win) and many think problem solved. Got good pitching and we came alive at the plate, now this was Msu baseball I've known over the year. Just remember we have more run ruled games than Sec wins, let's hope these changes in next 4 games.

EdwardDrayton
05-14-2023, 10:18 AM

It obviously worked and leaves us a fighting chance to take the series today.

But I am curious. If opposing teams recognize we would flip Fri/Sat every weekend, would they counter and do the same. Assuming both teams hand in their lineup cards at the same time.

msstate7
05-14-2023, 10:19 AM
It obviously worked and leaves us a fighting chance to take the series today.

But I am curious. If opposing teams recognize we would flip Fri/Sat every weekend, would they counter and do the same. Assuming both teams hand in their lineup cards at the same time.

If someone is giving you a win, take it

EdwardDrayton
05-14-2023, 10:24 AM
If someone is giving you a win, take it

Just sayin' it worked once because we had not done it before. But would teams catch on eventually and negate the advantage.

Maybe just flip when there's an obvious imbalance like Skenes. Meaning we would not flip all the time.

EdwardDrayton
05-14-2023, 10:28 AM
Funny, we win a game (good win) and many think problem solved. Got good pitching and we came alive at the plate, now this was Msu baseball I've known over the year. Just remember we have more run ruled games than Sec wins, let's hope these changes in next 4 games.

This convo is just something to keep us plugged in with some level of interest. We all know this season has been over for awhile and nothing that happens now changes the move that needs to be made.

maroonmania
05-14-2023, 10:35 AM
Just sayin' it worked once because we had not done it before. But would teams catch on eventually and negate the advantage.

Maybe just flip when there's an obvious imbalance like Skenes. Meaning we would not flip all the time.

I wouldnt think most teams would want to swap up their pitching rotation because it messes up the number of rest days between starts. We don't really have a Friday ace anyway so it doesn't impact us much either way. Cade is our most reliable starter but he is not a true shutdown guy.

EdwardDrayton
05-14-2023, 10:39 AM
I wouldnt think most teams would want to swap up their pitching rotation because it messes up the number of rest days between starts. We don't really have a Friday ace anyway so it doesn't impact us much either way. Cade is our most reliable starter but he is not a true shutdown guy.

Yeah, that's true. Most teams probably OK matching up their 2nd guy against Cade. And although he's not there yet, I believe Cade will be that shutdown guy.

basedog
05-14-2023, 01:07 PM
My Lsu buddy says this is about the 4th or 5th time the opponents have swapped their starting Friday pitcher to Saturday against Skenes.