05-13-2023, 07:57 PM
Shooter!!!!

Coach34
05-13-2023, 08:00 PM
Saw where Bruce Pearl had contacted this guy also. So he is obviously solid

Ifyouonlyknew
05-13-2023, 08:01 PM
Saw where Bruce Pearl had contacted this guy also. So he is obviously solid

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/1656785269238947841?s=46&t=hbGa9WkNIWNoJG9NgHn_LQ

NCMSTFAN
05-13-2023, 08:19 PM
I was just about to post this... good pickup, a shooter/scorer. This one came out of nowhere, nice pickup for Jans! This guy averaged 20 ppg last season at Marshall! I love this pick up!

EdwardDrayton
05-13-2023, 08:31 PM
Yeah well maybe pump the brakes a little. We had not pulled anyone late in the game so easy to get excited about SOMETHING happening. We'll see how Sun Belt translates to SEC. Firmly in the wait and see.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-13-2023, 08:34 PM
Yeah well maybe pump the brakes a little. We had not pulled anyone late in the game so easy to get excited about SOMETHING happening. We'll see how Sun Belt translates to SEC. Firmly in the wait and see.

So people shouldn’t get excited about 1 of the top guards in the portal? Cool. We don’t need him to avg 20 here we need a consistent 13-15. It’s a big time pickup.

NCMSTFAN
05-13-2023, 08:35 PM
https://youtu.be/cJ8y2ZULI-U

I've been critical of Jans recruiting but this was a huge pickup. He had offers from some good schools but chose us. He can do a little bit of everything.. I Honestly think he can be a true game changer for us

StarkVegasSteve
05-13-2023, 08:35 PM
Kentucky was trying to get him to visit…gonna go out on a limb and say this guy is pretty good.

NCMSTFAN
05-13-2023, 08:38 PM
I typically agree with you on most things but I think this was a big pickup. He averaged 20 ppg, he won't do that in the SEC but all he needs to give us is 12 ppg and 3/4 apg.. he can do that. I love this pickup and actually think he can get more fans in the stands

EdwardDrayton
05-13-2023, 08:39 PM
So people shouldn’t get excited about 1 of the top guards in the portal? Cool. We don’t need him to avg 20 here we need a consistent 13-15. It’s a big time pickup.

Just sayin' I'm not an easy lay with dinner and a margarita. :)

ZedFedder
05-13-2023, 08:40 PM
If you can?t see how this is an absolute huge pickup, then you need help. Nobody is saying he will replicate those numbers, but this guy was coveted. We talk about Jans v. Beard in recruiting? OM wanted this guy bad. Let?s go!!!

EdwardDrayton
05-13-2023, 08:43 PM
If you can?t see how this is an absolute huge pickup, then you need help. Nobody is saying he will replicate those numbers, but this guy was coveted. We talk about Jans v. Beard in recruiting? OM wanted this guy bad. Let?s go!!!

Yeah we State fans love the pretext of what might be.

trob115
05-13-2023, 08:45 PM
One more expected next week too!

ZedFedder
05-13-2023, 08:46 PM

Who?

ZedFedder
05-13-2023, 08:47 PM
Yeah we State fans love the pretext of what might be.

You are right? in the positive, and in your case, the negative.

EdwardDrayton
05-13-2023, 08:49 PM
You are right? in the positive, and in your case, the negative.

Neutral. Just sayin let's see.

Coach34
05-13-2023, 08:52 PM
If Tolu returns- which I cant see why he wouldnt- this guy will average 15 PPG for us. He will get open shot after open shot because of help on Tolu. Huge get for us

SteelCurtain74
05-13-2023, 08:53 PM

Jaylin Sellers from Ball State?

trob115
05-13-2023, 09:04 PM
Yep

Rawdawg
05-13-2023, 09:06 PM
https://barttorvik.com/playerstat.php?year=2023&p=Andrew%20Taylor&t=Marshall

Shoots, distributes and creates turnovers. Excellent pickup

Saltydog
05-13-2023, 09:08 PM
Jaylin Sellers from Ball State?

If so that could be huge too. He shot 45% from the 3 point line last year and 44% the year before.

msu15
05-13-2023, 09:15 PM
Starting to look a lot like a Stansbury early 2000's roster. Good days are coming.

Coach34
05-13-2023, 09:23 PM
Starting to look a lot like a Stansbury early 2000's roster. Good days are coming.

Shirley looks like Jan's Shane Power

Offshore Dawg
05-13-2023, 09:24 PM

Dude this isn't football.

EdwardDrayton
05-13-2023, 09:27 PM
Dude this isn't football.

Dude, that's profound. ****

TALL DAWG
05-13-2023, 09:31 PM
Hail yeah
Lets get this Ball State guy in the dog house and keep Tolu

HoopsDawg
05-13-2023, 09:32 PM
Dude, that's profound. ****

Damn man. Enjoy the positive news for 5 minutes

Homedawg
05-13-2023, 09:36 PM

Geez so had we NOT gotten him you'd be bitching and raising hell. Smdh. Wait, are you my MIL???

BeardoMSU
05-13-2023, 10:16 PM

Jesus, Ed, lol.

Tater
05-13-2023, 10:51 PM
People want to be right and say I told you so moreso than to be excited and happy in the moment. It's really weird

msstate7
05-13-2023, 10:59 PM
Great pickup. Personally, I'm thrilled with the get, but I guess it's a fair point from Edward. For example, Stevenson...

2019: 12.8 ppg
2020: 14.1 ppg
2021: 14.6 ppg
2022: 3.9 ppg

It is a big jump in competition from CUSA to SEC

Coach34
05-13-2023, 11:13 PM
We need a guy that can make an open shot. We watched it all season

This is that guy

msstate7
05-13-2023, 11:16 PM

This is that guy

I agree. Tolu will be a handful if teams have to respect us from the perimeter

EdwardDrayton
05-14-2023, 03:31 AM
People want to be right and say I told you so moreso than to be excited and happy in the moment. It's really weird

Not my style. Just that we as State fans sometimes are desperate to cling to any thread of hope to be relevant again. And it can cause us not to step back and look at things a little more objectively.

Tater
05-14-2023, 07:45 AM
Not my style. Just that we as State fans sometimes are desperate to cling to any thread of hope to be relevant again. And it can cause us not to step back and look at things a little more objectively.

Ok and? You go enjoy potentially being right bro. I hope that brings you as much happiness and enjoyment as all of us currently have with our optimism. No one else really cares what the jaded "objectivist" thinks.

It can be 10 months from now and dude could be ass. And you could firmly say "I told you so" and no one would really care that a message board hero called him not being good. We'd "give you your props" and then move on with life, not caring one bit about you being right and rather being mad we weren't good. Life is short, so what do you have to gain from preventing yourself from having optimistic hope and enjoying the exciting things of each and every day?

bulldawg28
05-14-2023, 07:59 AM
Basketball scoring transfers from every level. If they have the size and skill they can play against anyone anywhere and be successful. You see it every year in the NCAA tournament and the NBA.

NCMSTFAN
05-14-2023, 09:18 AM
Great pickup. Personally, I'm thrilled with the get, but I guess it's a fair point from Edward. For example, Stevenson...

2019: 12.8 ppg
2020: 14.1 ppg
2021: 14.6 ppg
2022: 3.9 ppg

It is a big jump in competition from CUSA to SEC

Good point, it also happened with Eric Reed he was a pretty good scorer before he got to State also.

I personally don't expect him to give us anything close to 20 but if he can give us around 10/12 points 3/4 assist, make open three's and hit free throws its a win for us

msstate7
05-14-2023, 09:21 AM
Good point, it also happened with Eric Reed he was a pretty good scorer before he got to State also.

I personally don't expect him to give us anything close to 20 but if he can give us around 10/12 points 3/4 assist, make open three's and hit free throws its a win for us

Just need him to make teams pay for packing their D inside around tolu

Rawdawg
05-14-2023, 09:35 AM

Eric Reed was on a bad SEMO team and wasnt wanted by many. Marshall was good last year and Taylor has heard from everyone.

EdwardDrayton
05-14-2023, 09:47 AM
Ok and? You go enjoy potentially being right bro. I hope that brings you as much happiness and enjoyment as all of us currently have with our optimism. No one else really cares what the jaded "objectivist" thinks.

It can be 10 months from now and dude could be ass. And you could firmly say "I told you so" and no one would really care that a message board hero called him not being good. We'd "give you your props" and then move on with life, not caring one bit about you being right and rather being mad we weren't good. Life is short, so what do you have to gain from preventing yourself from having optimistic hope and enjoying the exciting things of each and every day?

That's an interesting narrative you've concocted. False but interesting.

EdwardDrayton
05-14-2023, 09:50 AM
Basketball scoring transfers from every level. If they have the size and skill they can play against anyone anywhere and be successful. You see it every year in the NCAA tournament and the NBA.

Yeah. I'm sure it was his dream to play for Marshall.

And just for those who didn't pick up on it the first time. Not up or down on him at this point. Just neutral. We already have seen several come down a similar path and it did not translate at this level.

NCMSTFAN
05-14-2023, 01:13 PM
Eric Reed was on a bad SEMO team and wasnt wanted by many. Marshall was good last year and Taylor has heard from everyone.

Eric Reed was just an example. There are other players with similar stories where their game didn't translate well to the big stage. That being said I love this pickup and I think his play will translate well

msstate7
05-14-2023, 07:20 PM
OM got another 4-star transfer today. God, I hate they got such a great HC

Coach34
05-14-2023, 07:49 PM

They pony up

msstate7
05-14-2023, 07:55 PM
They pony up

We better too, or beard is gonna smoke us. Guess I'll up my BI for basketball

Coach34
05-14-2023, 08:01 PM
Our moves tell me Tolu is returning unless he gets a crazy offer from another school

msstate7
05-14-2023, 08:03 PM
Our moves tell me Tolu is returning unless he gets a crazy offer from another school

If we bring back tolu, jans is gonna have a squad next season.

EdwardDrayton
05-14-2023, 08:15 PM
They pony up

We have 150,000 living alumni and Ol Missy has 120,000. We're saying they have more NIL dollars because that's not intuitive looking at the respective alumni populations.

Or are the total dollars relatively the same and they are simply allocating a larger percentage to basketball.

Or is it not money at all and Beard is better at this recruiting thing.

EdwardDrayton
05-14-2023, 08:23 PM
We better too, or beard is gonna smoke us. Guess I'll up my BI for basketball

Doesn't seem to make sense they have more NIL dollars.

Coach34
05-14-2023, 08:23 PM
We have 150,000 living alumni and Ol Missy has 120,000. We're saying they have more NIL dollars because that's not intuitive looking at the respective alumni populations.

Or are the total dollars relatively the same and they are simply allocating a larger percentage to basketball.

Or is it not money at all and Beard is better at this recruiting thing.

Their donors give more than our donors. They have more people willing to give- bottom line

EdwardDrayton
05-14-2023, 08:28 PM
Their donors give more than our donors. They have more people willing to give- bottom line

Then why do we not reveal those numbers to our population. Betting that would be a POWERFUL motivation for our fanbase to remedy the inequity.

NCMSTFAN
05-14-2023, 08:29 PM

As much as I hate to say it, OM got a good recruiter and coach, he brought this same type talent to Texas Tech and Texas and won. Beard will have OM in the top half of the SEC.

He just got 7'1" Moussa Cisse from OK state, hell he already got 7'5" Jamarion Moon from WKU.. they are going to be tough to score on.

Jans can do the same for us from a coaching standpoint, the recruiting has been a little shaky but I really like this recent pickup he got

NCMSTFAN
05-14-2023, 08:35 PM
Doesn't seem to make sense they have more NIL dollars.

I've wondered the same thing. How do they have more NIL money?

Coach34
05-14-2023, 08:38 PM

Because they are the school of lawyers and doctors. Their guys write 6 and 7 figure checks. Our people by and large dont

EdwardDrayton
05-14-2023, 08:43 PM

Just show us the numbers. There's no way our alumni will let them beat us in ANYTHING. Why does NIL seem to be conducted in a less than transparent manner. Seemingly we're supposed to accept what's happening through the grapevine of a few messengers. Not saying there's anything untoward being disseminated but I want to see for myself.

Coach34
05-14-2023, 08:45 PM
Just show us the numbers. There's no way our alumni will let them beat us in ANYTHING. Why does NIL seem to be conducted in a less than transparent manner. Seemingly we're supposed to accept what's happening through the grapevine of a few messengers. Not saying there's anything untoward being disseminated but I want to see for myself.

If you give 25K or more- Charlie is more than willing to give his time and let you know whats going on. Less than that and you are really wasting time.

EdwardDrayton
05-14-2023, 08:49 PM
If you give 25K or more- Charlie is more than willing to give his time and let you know whats going on. Less than that and you are really wasting time.

Got it. And that tells us everything we need to know. Thanks for being honest.

Lord McBuckethead
05-14-2023, 11:00 PM
Ole Miss has a billionaire that likes sports.

Turfdawg67
05-14-2023, 11:13 PM
If we bring back tolu, jans is gonna have a squad next season.

And the thing about this time, unlike when Howland would stack a good team, I truly believe Jans will do something with them.

CaptainObvious
05-15-2023, 12:45 AM
Ole Miss has a billionaire that likes sports.

Well, we have a billionaire that loves Books. So he donated a new book to the library. So we got that going for us.

Lord McBuckethead
05-15-2023, 09:49 AM
Well, we have a billionaire that loves Books. So he donated a new book to the library. So we got that going for us.

We are here to educate, but I wish our billionaires would realize that Bama is who they are because their football team wins. They have a large enrollment. They are top notch research facility. All because people and the state of Alabama likes to give money to greatness.

ZedFedder
05-15-2023, 02:52 PM
OM has gotten some good transfers, and I think Beard can obviously coach, but they haven?t gotten anyone that makes me scared. The Murray guy from Georgetown has potential to be the guy, but he only averaged 13 ppg this past season.

msstate7
05-15-2023, 03:05 PM
OM has gotten some good transfers, and I think Beard can obviously coach, but they haven?t gotten anyone that makes me scared. The Murray guy from Georgetown has potential to be the guy, but he only averaged 13 ppg this past season.

With their transfers and holding on to Brakefield, they will good. Hopefully beard is there just next season

HoopsDawg
05-15-2023, 03:26 PM
With their transfers and holding on to Brakefield, they will good. Hopefully beard is there just next season

I hope they don't find a PG but even if the do, I'm loving our roster. Especially if we get Sellers

msstate7
05-15-2023, 03:33 PM
I hope they don't find a PG but even if the do, I'm loving our roster. Especially if we get Sellers

Oh I like us too. The sec is gonna be an absolute blood bath

NCMSTFAN
05-15-2023, 07:00 PM

Sellers is a good athlete and has an good frame which helps for defense,I think that will translate to the SEC, if Jans can pull him I really like our roster for next year. We addressed offensive needs with Andrew Taylor and hopefully Sellers.. plus we have Hubbard coming in along with some JUCO transfers. Im beginning to really like our roster, especially if we can get Sellers

R2Dawg
05-15-2023, 08:33 PM
We are here to educate, but I wish our billionaires would realize that Bama is who they are because their football team wins. They have a large enrollment. They are top notch research facility. All because people and the state of Alabama likes to give money to greatness.

Other than more winning, there ain't much more at Bama that I want to be like. An overpriced education with a toxic arrogant culture. They are too big too.

MSU is growing and we are hanging on to our small school feel by a thread.

boot
05-15-2023, 09:10 PM
-Moore
-Taylor
-Matthews
-Jeffries
-Tolu

-Hubbard
-Jones Jr
-Bell

Ton of experience if all these come back.

smootness
05-16-2023, 08:41 AM
This is a good pick-up for us. He wasn't on the list of top 50 players in the portal, so we'll see what kind of impact he ultimately makes. Obviously it's good for us specifically to add a quality shooter to the mix. This guy isn't an absolute dead-eye shooter, but he will help certainly.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-16-2023, 10:07 AM
As much as I hate to say it, OM got a good recruiter and coach, he brought this same type talent to Texas Tech and Texas and won. Beard will have OM in the top half of the SEC.

He just got 7'1" Moussa Cisse from OK state, hell he already got 7'5" Jamarion Moon from WKU.. they are going to be tough to score on.

Jans can do the same for us from a coaching standpoint, the recruiting has been a little shaky but I really like this recent pickup he got

Sharp not Moon and the jury is still out who will be eligible to play this season

SheltonChoked
05-16-2023, 11:13 AM

You are so right, with the Sun Belt's different court, lane, and 3 point line****

If the non -power5 teams from minor conferences played the same rules as the big boys, then someone from the WAC or CUSA might do better in the postseason***

SheltonChoked
05-16-2023, 11:18 AM

This is that guy

THIS.

Jans consistently showed he could get open looks for guys.

Look at the last possession of our season. Jans had plays that got us 3 great looks and one play with our best player driving one on one for a layup.

We need a guy that buys in on D and can hit the open look.

NCMSTFAN
05-16-2023, 11:35 AM
Sharp not Moon and the jury is still out who will be eligible to play this season

Yes, Jamarion Sharp, I don't know why I typed Moon... Moon was a guy that played at Meridian Community College years ago, I remember us recruiting him some back in the day.

NCMSTFAN
05-16-2023, 12:21 PM
You are so right, with the Sun Belt's different court, lane, and 3 point line****

If the non -power5 teams from minor conferences played the same rules as the big boys, then someone from the WAC or CUSA might do better in the postseason***

I like this pick up and I think his play will benefit us, I'm predicting he will average around 10/12 ppg 3/4 apg. That being said EdwardDrayton does have a point, what a player does in the Sun Belt type conference doesn't always translate over well to a Power 5. Look at Isiaih Mosley, a kid we were after. All of his numbers were down across the board at Missouri to include his minutes. He went from averaging 20 ppg at Missouri state to 9 ppg at Missouri..

Andrew Taylor played 36.5 minutes a game which is literally almost the whole game, there were several games he did actually play all 40 minutes. He won't be asked to do that with us, I would say Jans plays him 28 to 30 mpg so his numbers won't be what they were at Marshal. But as long as he is productive, hits his open shots, free throws and plays defense he will have success

SpaceBully
05-16-2023, 07:07 PM
So, that gives us Fort, Hubbard, and Taylor as very good 3 pt. shooters. Would be nice to pick up one more, but not sure another good portal shooter will come here now that we have those 3 in the bag.

SpaceBully
05-16-2023, 09:42 PM
nt

speedy1972
05-17-2023, 08:08 AM

This is 100% correct in my opinion. All you have to do is go to Oxford and look at the esthetics of their town vs Starkville. Image is way more important to their fanbase than it is to ours. Yes, they are pretentious in a lot of ways and would rather look like they are wealthy than be wealthy. Our fanbase has always been the opposite. I love to win, but my priorities are my kid's future, not the future of some 20 year old athlete who might or might not even graduate from my university.

99jc
05-17-2023, 10:40 AM
This is 100% correct in my opinion. All you have to do is go to Oxford and look at the esthetics of their town vs Starkville. Image is way more important to their fanbase than it is to ours. Yes, they are pretentious in a lot of ways and would rather look like they are wealthy than be wealthy. Our fanbase has always been the opposite. I love to win, but my priorities are my kid's future, not the future of some 20 year old athlete who might or might not even graduate from my university.

i hear ya. in the past 40 years i have spent a lot of money on MSU. since the NIL my donations are down 90%. win or lose i refuse to be held hostage by 18-year-old Primadona's.

NCMSTFAN
05-18-2023, 08:31 AM
i hear ya. in the past 40 years i have spent a lot of money on MSU. since the NIL my donations are down 90%. win or lose i refuse to be held hostage by 18-year-old Primadona's.

I defintely understand that. I love our program, and I've been following Mississippi State since I was in Elementary school, but its just hard for me to continue paying money to these kids especially having my own children to take care of. I completely agree that they should be able to make money off of their name, image and likeness. I have no problems with that, but in my opinion those deals should come from partnerships with businesses, car dealerships, restaurants, nike, puma etc.. not that average working Joe like most casual fans are.