PDA

View Full Version : Lemonis

basedog
05-12-2023, 05:02 PM
Friend just te dated me saying saying Lemonis will be fired after last game. Per genespage source, came from a guy who worked in athletic department for years.
Just saying.

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 05:04 PM
Friend just te dated me saying saying Lemonis will be fired after last game. Per genespage source, came from a guy who worked in athletic department for years.
Just saying.

Glad Cade is pitching Saturday so his great start isn't wasted

sandjunky
05-12-2023, 05:05 PM
Just saying.

I guess it?s good to date your friends

Ha!

Leroy Jenkins
05-12-2023, 05:05 PM
Just saying.

If so, I wonder if Selmon already has a guy?

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 05:08 PM

Without a doubt

basedog
05-12-2023, 05:13 PM
I guess it?s good to date your friends

Ha!

LOL. Could have been an ex girl I dated***. I never did drink Bud Light either.

sandjunky
05-12-2023, 05:25 PM

Could be! But if so Cann probably test drove

basedog
05-12-2023, 05:42 PM
Could be! But if so Cann probably test drove

LOL.

schddog72
05-12-2023, 07:10 PM

I could have dated the ex-girl, and did drink Bud Light, BUT NEVER AGAIN!!

basedog
05-12-2023, 07:16 PM

I understand. Key word being “girl”.

Homedawg
05-12-2023, 07:17 PM
Just saying.

He might be fired. Very well may be. But I wouldn't trust a genespage source. Not on something of importance anyway.

confucius say
05-12-2023, 07:18 PM

No.

basedog
05-12-2023, 07:34 PM
He might be fired. Very well may be. But I wouldn't trust a genespage source. Not on something of importance anyway.

I also questioned bout the poster, , but he is well known and my buddy thinks it’s him and not a fake poster. Said he doesn’t post much but he speaks the truth. If it is him and not fake, it very could be true. Oh, I find it’s strange if true he would finish the season coaching. My buddy says it’s only way to get all money owed to him.
Want be long one way or another now.

bulldawg28
05-12-2023, 07:46 PM
Bert was right!

Coach34
05-12-2023, 08:06 PM
I keep hearing the opposite. As of right now 1 more season

Saltydog
05-12-2023, 08:24 PM
I keep hearing the opposite. As of right now 1 more season

Unless we lose out, which is possible, I think that's the most likely scenario.

AlSwearengen
05-12-2023, 08:45 PM
I hear gone. I?m nobody but i do know a somebody who hangs with the upper echelon of somebodies. Lemonis does have the look of a dead man walking. At the same time, if you know your pitching is going to give up 10 every time out, you might be defeated too.

We will see what happens.

Coach34
05-12-2023, 08:54 PM
I hear gone. I?m nobody but i do know a somebody who hangs with the upper echelon of somebodies. Lemonis does have the look of a dead man walking. At the same time, if you know your pitching is going to give up 10 every time out, you might be defeated too.

We will see what happens.

I think there is alot of division on what to do- and that would seem to fit what's going on. My guy said Selmon absolutely does not want to have to make a baseball hire right off the bat.

trob115
05-12-2023, 08:58 PM
Can confirm what base has heard. Several of the biggest boosters have already threatened to withhold money without him being fired. Also was told we had a big donor willing to help cover the buyout.

Cooterpoot
05-12-2023, 08:59 PM
When a who's who of baseball alums go to the AD wanting change, it happens. That split C34 is talking about was real, but it shrunk big time this week.

Coach34
05-12-2023, 09:01 PM
When a who's who of baseball alums go to the AD wanting change, it happens.

Those Who's Who got his replacement lined up or they gonna be ok with hiring the North Florida or Campbell coach if we lucky?

AlSwearengen
05-12-2023, 09:06 PM
I think there is alot of division on what to do- and that would seem to fit what's going on. My guy said Selmon absolutely does not want to have to make a baseball hire right off the bat.

I would bet that is exactly what is going on.

Cooterpoot
05-12-2023, 09:12 PM
Those Who's Who got his replacement lined up or they gonna be ok with hiring the North Florida or Campbell coach if we lucky?

We're good

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 09:14 PM
Yeah well that's why we are paying him big bucks. We about to find out if he's worth it.

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 09:15 PM
You sound like that would be a step down...

Coach34
05-12-2023, 09:16 PM
Yeah well that's why we are paying him big bucks. We about to find out if he's worth it.

Well, that one certain booster spouting that the firing is happening has never made that happen. His job has always been to fix it after the decision is made. Keep that in mind. The decision makers as of today apparently havent made it yet

Coach34
05-12-2023, 09:20 PM
You sound like that would be a step down...

Our coach made Indiana a contender and then won a Natty.

Campbell's baseball coach has made his team the best in their conference and never made it out of a Regional.

One of these is not like the other based on resume

basedog
05-12-2023, 09:33 PM
Too much talk going on now, I think it would be tough for Lemonis to come back. Our program is rock bottom now and doesn’t look all that good next year. How can a Coach who won aNatty have a team that has made 60 errors, last in pitching and get run ruled as much as us and survive. We may not win another game this year. We shall see, I have another source who says he is gone also.

Pancho
05-12-2023, 09:34 PM
he's total meat. he's done

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 09:37 PM

Campbell's baseball coach has made his team the best in their conference and never made it out of a Regional.

A coach driving a Porsche will be watching the playoffs when one driving a kia will be playing in them...

Les miles and Gene Chizik have better resumes than CZA. LSU fired a coach with nattys that actually made the playoffs his last few years.

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 09:38 PM
Well, that one certain booster spouting that the firing is happening has never made that happen. His job has always been to fix it after the decision is made. Keep that in mind. The decision makers as of today apparently havent made it yet

There is more than one group of decision makers. I mentioned this to you last week.

Saltydog
05-12-2023, 09:39 PM
You know, it kinda me makes me wonder about something. Apparently we have some boosters willing to step to the plate to buy out coaches, etc but we can't seem to get enough NIL money. If they've got enough spare change laying around to buyout a coach they've got enough to help us secure some players with NIL.

Coach34
05-12-2023, 09:40 PM
Too much talk going on now, I think it would be tough for Lemonis to come back. Our program is rock bottom now and doesn’t look all that good next year. How can a Coach who won aNatty have a team that has made 60 errors, last in pitching and get run ruled as much as us and survive. We may not win another game this year. We shall see, I have another source who says he is gone also.

I hear ya but we cant be in a bubble.

Vandy got 10 run ruled today. Indiana St beat them 10-2. Tenn and Fla also 10 runed them. They are 5th in the country
Mississippi got 10 runed today and it wasnt their 1st

The SEC pitching ERA as a conference is over 5

Too many people are in a bubble on us it seems

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 09:40 PM
You know, it kinda me makes me wonder about something. Apparently we have some boosters willing to step to the plate to buy out coaches, etc but we can't seem to get enough NIL money. If they've got enough spare change laying around to buyout a coach they've got enough to help us secure some players with NIL.

Some of these do both...

Coach34
05-12-2023, 09:43 PM
There is more than one group of decision makers. I mentioned this to you last week.

Oh I know. That's why when someone important says there is no decision yet- I'll believe him.

Homedawg
05-12-2023, 09:44 PM

Ok w you on this. I'd rather keep lem donate the $ to nil. I don't care if you don't ever donate another dollar.

maroonmania
05-12-2023, 09:46 PM

Whoever we hire will be an improvement. We are the WORST program in the SEC for 2 straight years with back to back losing seasoms. A lot of MSU fans will just check out if he comes back for another season.

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 09:46 PM
Oh I know. That's why when someone important says there is no decision yet- I'll believe him.

Fair

CaptainObvious
05-12-2023, 09:50 PM
Missouri being better than State in baseball is all I need to tell me a change has to be made.

basedog
05-12-2023, 09:53 PM

Vandy got 10 run ruled today. Indiana St beat them 10-2. Tenn and Fla also 10 runed them. They are 5th in the country

Difference in all the teams you mentioned (except OM) is they all will be playing for something while we sit at home with not much to look forward to next year.
We will know in 5 more games, odds are slim we win another. Missouri won again tonight. So the battle is who finishes last between the two Mississippi teams.
He needs to be gone.

Dawgface
05-12-2023, 09:54 PM
Unbelievable there is talk he might survive. If no decision has been made we are in worse shape than I thought.

Coach34
05-12-2023, 09:55 PM
Difference in all the teams you mentioned (except OM) is they all will be playing for something while we sit at home with not much to look forward to next year.
We will know in 5 more games, odds are slim we win another. Missouri won again tonight. So the battle is who finishes last between the two Mississippi teams.
He needs to be gone.

And I'm not saying you are wrong. This is a crazy position to be in right now.

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-12-2023, 09:56 PM

Lol now you're DEFENDING Lemones' performance?

How about this: SEC ERA may be up, but we're dead last in the conference. Vandy may get run ruled every now and then, but we ain't 5th in the country. Ole Miss may get run ruled 2st year after winning the Natty, but if they have another season like this Bianco will be gone.

The only "Bubble" here is you thinking that bringing Lemones back another year would be better for our program then getting someone like Campbell's coach.

basedog
05-12-2023, 09:59 PM
And I'm not saying you are wrong. This is a crazy position to be in right now.

No doubt. I think even if Cohen was still AD he would fire Lemonis. We will know soon, I hope we win tomorrow regardless.

Activated Alpha
05-12-2023, 10:00 PM
I think this team needs a purge of non sec players. Especially in the pen. Lemonis is putting together talented classes like this freshman class. I honestly think it is a void in upper class men talent and leadership that had spiraled this season out of control. I know it is on the coach to fill in those spots if players don?t step up.

I don?t know. I love Lemonis, but then again I am tired of seeing Lemonis turn M over S baseball into the laughing stock of the SEC

Saltydog
05-12-2023, 10:05 PM
Yeah but apparently it's not hundreds of thousands to the NIL or we could get some better players. It's funny how great players make great coaches.

Activated Alpha
05-12-2023, 10:08 PM
Could this season be the culmination of our topsy turvy coaching carousel between Cohen/Cann/Henderson/Lemonis?

I do not truly count last season because we had Sims and other quality pitchers, but couldn?t overcome injuries

weblow
05-12-2023, 10:11 PM
Here is what I know. I have never seen players in this proud program not run out balls full speed and play with intensity. DJ got pulled last week for not running a ball out and did the same shit again tonight. What Lemonis has allowed to happen to this program is not something that can be overlooked for another year. He has to go and I think the right decision will be made. The product on the field isn’t acceptable and just listening to Lemonis, he doesn’t even believe the bullshit he is saying. He knows he is defeated and doesn’t know how to lead.

Coach34
05-12-2023, 10:14 PM
I'm really not defending Lemonizik. I just dont have the solid opinion I normally would have.

I dont think the guy has ever been that good- but shit he won it all. Thank goodness Bednar turned into Superman. You guys got on my ass for questioning him before the crash

I worry about who we can pull firing him 2 years after a Natty with Top 5 recruiting classes on board. It 100% is going to turn some candidates off. Hell, some of you seem to forget he was the HC at Indiana when we hired him. So at best- thats what we will get this time.

It's crazy we are here

CaptainObvious
05-12-2023, 10:15 PM
What is the record number of SEC losses in a season and does State have a chance to tie it or break it? Just wondering if there might be a way to capitalize financially on this drive to unrivaled futility!

Coach34
05-12-2023, 10:17 PM
What is the record number of SEC losses in a season and does State have a chance to tie it or break it? Just wondering if there might be a way to capitalize financially on this drive to unrivaled futility!

Cohen was 6-24 in 2010. Thats the low bar

SPMT
05-12-2023, 10:19 PM
When a who's who of baseball alums go to the AD wanting change, it happens. That split C34 is talking about was real, but it shrunk big time this week.

I heard an AD employee say money was the issue, referring specifically to getting players. My take in that, is it is an excuse.

NIL is basically brand new. We are playing with players pre-NIL. Maybe some got deals at other schools and they are better (LSU) but we are bottom of the barrel bad. There?s no chance in hell that NIL is the reason for the last two years. It?s shitty recruiting and shitty coaching.

From the highest to the lowest in a year or two. Welcome to the club Rebs.

weblow
05-12-2023, 10:22 PM
I heard an AD employee say money was the issue, referring specifically to getting players. My take in that, is it is an excuse.

NIL is basically brand new. We are playing with players pre-NIL. Maybe some got deals at other schools and they are better (LSU) but we are bottom of the barrel bad. There?s no chance in hell that NIL is the reason for the last two years. It?s shitty recruiting and shitty coaching.

We also chose to make large investments in players who had no business being paid for this year. We spent good money of guys that have not delivered and some have hardly played. It was bad business on the NIL side from the word go.

Cooterpoot
05-12-2023, 10:22 PM

Our money for baseball is about top 5-7 in the SEC in a given year. It's not LSU money but it's good.

SPMT
05-12-2023, 10:23 PM
I'm really not defending Lemonizik. I just dont have the solid opinion I normally would have.

I dont think the guy has ever been that good- but shit he won it all. Thank goodness Bednar turned into Superman. You guys got on my ass for questioning him before the crash

I worry about who we can pull firing him 2 years after a Natty with Top 5 recruiting classes on board. It 100% is going to turn some candidates off. Hell, some of you seem to forget he was the HC at Indiana when we hired him. So at best- thats what we will get this time.

It's crazy we are here

It is insane we are here. And if you would’ve had me
Place odds on this post NC, I would’ve said 1/100,000.

He’s not perpetually lazy or I wouldn’t think we’d ever won an NC, unless that class was that special. It’s so perplexing. But that coaches poll………cacao he’s knew/know something. There’s something there.

Cooterpoot
05-12-2023, 10:24 PM
We also chose to make large investments in players who had no business being paid for this year. We spent good money of guys that have not delivered and some have hardly played. It was bad business on the NIL side from the word go.

Exactly! We wanted to keep too many guys that don't produce. But we ran off two whole classes already, so we were screwed either way. We didn't do shit with our pitching. This staff failed.

CJDAWG85
I just cant sit here and think how people can consciously give money money to a program and this is the bullshit they produce.

Cowbell

The problem with the NIL argument is that there are pitchers on nearly every D1 squad that currently don't get any NIL MONEY to speak of and are better than what we currently have in the bullpen

SPMT
05-12-2023, 10:26 PM
Our money for baseball is about top 5-7 in the SEC in a given year. It's not LSU money but it's good.

Plenty to win another NC. No excuses to be honest, when you look at it holistically

SPMT
05-12-2023, 10:30 PM
The problem with the NIL argument is that there are pitchers on nearly every D1 squad that currently don't get any NIL MONEY to speak of and are better than what we currently have in the bullpen

That is a huge problem and pure coaching/evaluating.

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 10:49 PM

Agreed

Saltydog
05-12-2023, 10:52 PM

It's crazy we are here

I've been as critical of Lem as anyone but we're in an absolute terrible spot here. If we fire him, we will have had our 4th coach in 8 years. That is not indicative of an "elite" program and firing him 2 years post a N/C is going to turn off a lot of candidates. We're not going to end up with some marquee name like most here think. If we couldn't get the marquee name after Cann/Hendo then we darn sure aren't going to with this mess. Coaching searches seem to always be so complicated here.

SpaceWranglerDawg
05-12-2023, 11:17 PM
Per former baseball player and now massive donor, he's heard nothing official on Lemonis getting fired, and just yesterday mentioned that he still has been told that he will be back next year.

Take it for what it's worth, but he's never missed when we discuss state athletics.

Quaoarsking
05-13-2023, 12:53 AM

The vast majority of our fans will be happy with hiring Justin Haire at Campbell. I don't think Tim Parenton (I had to look up the name), who is a career sub-.500 coach at North Florida is a candidate.

Todd4State
05-13-2023, 12:59 AM
I think this team needs a purge of non sec players. Especially in the pen. Lemonis is putting together talented classes like this freshman class. I honestly think it is a void in upper class men talent and leadership that had spiraled this season out of control. I know it is on the coach to fill in those spots if players don?t step up.

I don?t know. I love Lemonis, but then again I am tired of seeing Lemonis turn M over S baseball into the laughing stock of the SEC

I think they need a coach. As in someone that is a hardass on fundamentals and doesn't put up with bullshit like not running out ground balls.

We're too much into analytics but you can only use analytics when you've mastered the fundamentals of the game first.

Todd4State
05-13-2023, 01:01 AM

It's crazy we are here

Oh it's going to be a mid major guy. There is no doubt about it.

Todd4State
05-13-2023, 01:02 AM

More like the problem is we're nice.

CoachT14
05-13-2023, 05:50 AM

Indiana was in the College World Series 2 years before Lemonis took over. Yet he never made it out of a regional.

At least get your facts straight

CoachT14
05-13-2023, 05:56 AM
Oh it's going to be a mid major guy. There is no doubt about it.

The ball needs to stop at Dan Heefner or Justin Haire and end there. There’s no reason to overcomplicate this. Go get 1 of the top 10 actual baseball coaches in the nation.

ZedFedder
05-13-2023, 08:33 AM
Any of these mid major guys beat what we have in Lemonis anyway. State will recruit itself to a certain degree, so I want someone who can lead and coach.

Tater
05-13-2023, 08:42 AM

What do you drink now

Saltydog
05-13-2023, 09:19 AM
Unless we get a marquee name, I'd just as soon keep Lem for one more year. I'm not interested in some G5 up and comer. No, if we're going to let him go we need a HR hire that shows we mean business. If not, keep what we got.

State82
05-13-2023, 09:24 AM
This is an excellent point if in fact there is a person or persons willing to stroke the check or checks to move Lemonis out the door. A check to the Bulldog Initiative of a fourth of the cost to buy the contracts of Lemonis and crew would give a tremendous boost to our baseball program. But that is Selmon's job now.

AlSwearengen
05-13-2023, 09:35 AM
Unless we get a marquee name, I'd just as soon keep Lem for one more year. I'm not interested in some G5 up and comer. No, if we're going to let him go we need a HR hire that shows we mean business. If not, keep what we got.

My opinion here, but the only way we get a marquee name is if they are unhappy for some reason at their current job. Also, in most cases, marquee names are a little older. I think the sweet spot for us is a younger G5 dynamo HC or a hot shot asst. at a current power. They need to have that mix of youth and maturity of course.

That said, it wouldn’t surprise me a bit if Goat is moved up, assuming Lemonis is canned. There is alot of angst about recruiting classes falling apart and going that route would keep alot of it intact. Goat would need to channel his inner hard ass though. My concern is him being able to go from the “good guy” assistant to the “bad guy” head coach. Wouldn’t be an issue with incoming players but the current players would have to adjust.

KOdawg1
05-13-2023, 09:36 AM
I want a change but idk who we would hire that would necessarily make me feel great.

We're not getting a big name like McDonnell, Tadlock, Vitello, etc. So forget that

Haire would be a risk. He's done well but it's Campbell.

I like Oregon's coach.

This is a shitty situation all the way around

State82
05-13-2023, 09:59 AM
This is a shitty situation all the way around

It most definitely is. Selmon is probably having restless nights.

Quaoarsking
05-13-2023, 10:24 AM

Sorry, but that's a loser mentality. There's nothing about the last 2 seasons that make me think a Lemonis-led 2024 will be any different. Even if Haire is all smoke and mirrors (I doubt a coach who wins straight conference titles and goes to 5 straight Regionals would be), it's not like he'd be any worse than Lemonis at this point. I'd rather try to get better and let the chips fall than not try to get better and then hire a new coach anyway after 1 more year of last in the SEC.

Coach34
05-13-2023, 10:40 AM
The vast majority of our fans will be happy with hiring Justin Haire at Campbell. I don't think Tim Parenton (I had to look up the name), who is a career sub-.500 coach at North Florida is a candidate.

I just threw them in because they are a mid-major coached by an ex-Bulldog. I know we arent hiring Parenton

The Federalist Engineer
05-13-2023, 11:07 AM
Tim Parenton, I think you are better off just ending baseball at MSU. This dude has Losing conference records at both Samford and N Florida. Recruiting at those places is probably putting ads on Craigslist. Basically an older Tommy Raffo.

confucius say
05-13-2023, 01:59 PM

It's crazy we are here

We won't do worse than lane Burroughs. I know that for a fact. So if lane > lemonis, we're still fine.

Goldendawg
05-13-2023, 02:30 PM

I expect a major turnover of the roster if Lemonis stays or goes. However, the way it has looked the last two seasons, will players that do stay want to play for him? Love of State or M over S, doesn't seem to be getting the job done. May lose some of the few good players we do have to big NIL $ no matter what happens. This is a real mess.