PDA

View Full Version : If you could keep Gotro or Lemonis, who you got.

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 04:49 PM
I honestly would rather ride this out with Gotro. There is no way he's staying another year if he has a good offer out there. Gotro has been apart of multiple CWS teams with multiple HCs and he was ultimately responsible for our team the Cann canned year. We have no shortage of hitting talent. There will also not be a better experienced assistant on the market. Get the best PC when can possibly get and let's roll. Eliminates part of the $6M equation too.

Really Clark?
05-12-2023, 05:00 PM
In what way do you think he was ultimately responsible for the season after Cann was fired?

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 05:06 PM
In what way do you think he was ultimately responsible for the season after Cann was fired?

How could you forget the chest tap after two strikes**

Offshore Dawg
05-12-2023, 05:13 PM
Ho Hum, another speculation thread.

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 05:21 PM

It's a discussion thread. On a discussion board...

EdwardDrayton
05-12-2023, 06:20 PM
Either one have concession stand experience?

confucius say
05-12-2023, 07:17 PM
Well we're now 12th in the sec in hitting. Conference games only.
And our approach sucks.
So....

Ranchdawg
05-12-2023, 07:32 PM
And our approach sucks.
So....

I totally agree for the last two seasons Gotro has been less than stellar hitting coach imo. There are multiple players that did not progress very much under him. And his coaching of down two strikes in the count and either ground out or pop up has really grown very very old with me.

TNDawg35
05-12-2023, 08:05 PM
I have never like Gotro. Our approach sucks. Watch a FB go by, swing at a ball, then watch another FB. We are either super agressive or super conservative. Like I have stated numerous times, how many times have we been no hit or damn near no hit? We used to have the pitching to mask it a lot. Now we don’t and we are getting manhandled all the way around…

msstate7
05-12-2023, 08:09 PM
Delete

msstate7
05-12-2023, 08:11 PM
And our approach sucks.
So....

Geatreau being revered here is so strange. Hell, C34 talking about promoting him to HC

Coach34
05-12-2023, 08:16 PM
He's highly respected. Shit- he's a candidate to be Bama's HC

msstate7
05-12-2023, 08:16 PM
He's highly respected. Shit- he's a candidate to be Bama's HC

Hope they hire him

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 08:25 PM

Geatreau being revered here is so strange. Hell, C34 talking about promoting him to HC

He might be a better HC than a hitting coach. He is the best recruiter we have.

StarkVegasSteve
05-12-2023, 08:27 PM
I would prefer to keep neither but if we must keep one then I suppose keep Jake. I would even be open to him being the HC IF AND ONLY IF he brings back Cann to be hitting coach and recruiting coordinator. And since that is in no way happening lets just clean house.

msstate7
05-12-2023, 08:33 PM
He might be a better HC than a hitting coach. He is the best recruiter we have.

Since the natty, we're 50-53 (15-39), and you might as well add another loss to both. If this is what our recruiters are getting, see ya

Coach34
05-12-2023, 08:48 PM
Since the natty, we're 50-53 (15-39), and you might as well add another loss to both. If this is what our recruiters are getting, see ya

Since the Natty we are also playing with the recruits we got from the constant shuffle at HC. It's not a coincidence our best players have been among the portal players. Our freshman class this year is very good. And next year's is supposed to be better

and aGAIN I'll add- I'm not a big Lemonizik fan. But I will be fair to the guy. He earned that

Homedawg
05-12-2023, 08:50 PM
Hope they hire him

I get your point. You also wanted Jan's fired.....

msstate7
05-12-2023, 08:51 PM
Since the Natty we are also playing with the recruits we got from the constant shuffle at HC. It's not a coincidence our best players have been among the portal players. Our freshman class this year is very good. And next year's is supposed to be better

and aGAIN I'll add- I'm not a big Lemonizik fan. But I will be fait to the guy. He earned that

Don't even care. Clean house. This stretch is unacceptable IMO

Skydawg1
05-12-2023, 10:09 PM
Jake, no question. The re-hire Andy as hitting coach/cruits, then let Jake hire a pitching coach. Keep Cheese for stability. (for a year)

weblow
05-12-2023, 10:16 PM
Goat is the clear answer but he isn’t without flaws either. There is a lack of communication from the coaching staff to this team. Goat is also over hitting which we are near the bottom in and infield which we are at the bottom in. I think he is an excellent recruiter who got way too comfortable after a natty.

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 10:30 PM

Ok this is a good one! forgot all about that epic melt!

Really Clark?
05-12-2023, 10:31 PM
Jake, no question. The re-hire Andy as hitting coach/cruits, then let Jake hire a pitching coach. Keep Cheese for stability. (for a year)

I swear, Cann is never coaching here again and can't sniff a college job. I wish I would never hear Cann or Hudspeth's names again in connection with coaching here.

Cowbell
05-12-2023, 10:31 PM

I'm glad we are getting some laughs out of this 😂

SPMT
05-12-2023, 10:38 PM

and aGAIN I'll add- I'm not a big Lemonizik fan. But I will be fair to the guy. He earned that

That makes some sense and is worth giving him another shot, given there is a plan in place.

SpaceWranglerDawg
05-12-2023, 11:18 PM

I don't believe under any circumstances Cannizaro will ever coach at Mississippi State again. Believe that bridge was burnt slap up.

Todd4State
05-13-2023, 12:37 AM

I mean...

Damn.

Todd4State
05-13-2023, 12:50 AM
A few things...

I would take Gautreau over Lemonis any and every day. But Gautreau should be the hitting coach and that's if the next guy wants to keep him. Not the head coach.

Hitting coach is a thankless job. Charley Lau was the best to ever do it IMO. I know for a fact that his teams went into slumps and got shut out. Hitting is hard. It's even harder when your team has given up. I see our fans says cringeworthy crap like "well we suck against good pitching". Yeah well- no one in MLB has figured that out consistently either. But our fans expect "our approach" or something to fix it magically if it were changed when they likely don't know what the hell they're talking about to start with. But I guarantee you the vast majority of hitting coaches are pretty similar. You basically have one of three types of offenses in baseball- 3 run home run, Whitey Herzog small ball, or a combination of the two. That's it. And that's dictated by the players on your team. Really the main thing that changes is being more or less aggressive on the bases and there's pros and cons to both of that. The best thing for our offense would be a pitching staff that could throw up some zeros.

And speaking of cringeworthy I don't know why in the hell our fans keep bringing up Andy Cannizarro. Part of this is his fault because of his recruiting after year one for one thing. The other thing is he created a really unstable atmosphere for our program. The guy can't get hired by Eastern Kentucky or New Mexico State but we want him back? He couldn't even win in the Catholic league in NOLA. He was about to tank our program like Lemonis except he had Mangum AND Tanner Allen. The guy is one of the most radioactive toxic guys in baseball today. But yeah- let's go back to the good old days.**

msstate7
05-13-2023, 06:30 AM

I was a total idiot on jans.

Lemonis is 15-40 (.273) in sec games the last 2 seasons. We've had 1 stretch that bad the last 100 years, and that was cohen's 1st 2 years. Lemonis didn't take over a rebuild like Cohen.

How bad has lemonis been the last 2 years? Rick ray was 13-41 (.241) in sec games. Lemonis' winning % is in line with Rick ray's. Our run differential in sec games this year is -114. NEGATIVE 114!!! This is an absolute train wreck.

I got emotional and jumped the gun on jans, but tell me how I'm wrong on lemonis' garbage ass. Polk had one bad season, and we got rid of the guy who built our program. Now we seem to feel we owe lemonis more string than Polk. Spit!

WinningIsRelentless
05-13-2023, 07:50 AM
What drives me crazy is a kid like Nick Monistere from Northwest Rankin who is a freshman at USM now. He?s a true dirt bagger that pitches also and we didn?t get on him till his senior year. We thought he was too small and didn?t have the size. As a true freshman he is hitting .300 and has 4.0 era.

Activated Alpha
05-13-2023, 08:19 AM

This is where I am at. I think this year is the culmination of the coaching carousel we had 5 years ago. Let Lemonis hire the best PC and throw money at pitchers in the portal. This freshman class and the next few behind it will bring us back to where we expect our baseball program to be

Cooterpoot
05-13-2023, 08:56 AM
This staff ran off two classes of recruits. They failed to replace them. Anyone blaming any other coach is an idiot. This HC has been here 5 damn years. The only players left from before him are Covid guys. His ass and this staff didn't sign players. Especially pitchers. And let's look at this FR class. Who other than Jordan has been good? Loo? No but potential is there. Mershon? No, but plays hard Highfill? No. But potential. Loftin? No. But potential.
We don't develop talent. Potential here doesn't get realized.
And Gotro? Well, his hitters are approaching the bottom of the conference in hitting now.

Jack Lambert
05-13-2023, 09:00 AM
We are getting our asses run out of the stadium already with coaches. Fire them all now. I say let's go without coaches. Just let them line up and play. Worst case scenario we get 10 runs ruled again. They all been playing baseball 15 years. They know what to do.

Saltydog
05-13-2023, 09:09 AM
did he recruit our pitchers?

KOdawg1
05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
What would you rather everyone talk about?

It's a message board man. Speculation makes up 90% of the conversation on here.

Go read one of David Murray's incoherent articles if you don't want to read speculation.

tcdog70
05-13-2023, 10:06 AM
They all got to go. What about “last place” don’t y’all understand. They all suck.last in pitching,last in hitting, last in the SEC. Shitcan them all, today. How many run ruled games does it take. The players are not even running out ground balls. They can’t tag up correctly. They drop fly balls. I have seen little teams that are more fundamental than this team.

EdwardDrayton
05-13-2023, 03:21 PM
They all got to go. What about “last place” don’t y’all understand. They all suck.last in pitching,last in hitting, last in the SEC. Shitcan them all, today. How many run ruled games does it take. The players are not even running out ground balls. They can’t tag up correctly. They drop fly balls. I have seen little teams that are more fundamental than this team.

Last ...... place. Twice.

msstate7
05-13-2023, 03:46 PM

He's garbage.

Goldendawg
05-13-2023, 04:13 PM

With 5 regular season SEC games left, we have a very good chance of being run ruled in more games than our total SEC wins this year. Not only are we losing badly from last place for two seasons, we have looked terrible losing in many games. If asked what we are doing well in any aspect of the game, what would you say?

msstate7
05-13-2023, 05:07 PM
Delete