PDA

View Full Version : So, C34 says "I'm telling you now"

basedog
05-07-2023, 07:45 AM
And I'm saying today's game is the biggest game of the year for Lemonis future. Just my prediction because the only way I see us winning enough to get in the Sec Tourney is to find a way to beat the Hogs. Going on the road to Red Stick doesn't look good, and with luck we can win a game maybe two against the Aggies. But in reality, I don't think we will pass Missouri and maybe not Ole Dixie. Hope I'm wrong, but my prediction on us buying Lemonis contract, it can be done. What a meltdown to start the season and now to end the season, just saying!
I want watch today, maybe that will be a good thing for us to win!

Pancho
05-07-2023, 07:59 AM
Keep him if we want another year of the same.

TALL DAWG
05-07-2023, 08:19 AM
We are not making the SEC tourney so take that idea off the table.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-07-2023, 08:27 AM
The Social Club members need to pay up.

AlSwearengen
05-07-2023, 08:29 AM
We aren’t going to win enough the rest of this year to get the bad taste out of everyone’s mouths going into next year. If Lemonis is here next year, it is going to take results that I doubt are attainable to get the fans back. That first error and there will be grumbling, first strikeout with men on and there will be grumbling. There is going to be a huge microscope on next year’s team and a very hot “hot seat”.

Quaoarsking
05-07-2023, 09:47 AM
Who cares if we make Hoover or not? Making a Regional is the only way that Lemonis should be able to keep his job, and at this point, that's only happening if we go 7-0 (maybe 6-1) over our last 7 SEC games, or make Hoover and somehow win the whole thing with our pitching staff.

Obviously I'd rather make Hoover than not make Hoover, but the only bearing it should have on Lemonis's job is if we somehow use Hoover to play our way into a Regional.

The Federalist Engineer
05-07-2023, 10:26 AM
Just bring it up- Dave Chappelle- the Comedian

He walked away from a 50MM contract that he could not live up to. He felt he could not bring the quality anymore, so he left.

Seinfeld did the same thing.

Lemons will watch a team die to keep his contract? He should just fire himself after the Aggies series.we don't think he could?

I think there could be a stampede of transfers and decommits in May. In 30 days, there will be a baseball parade of portal players, transfers, draftees, Gotro taking the Bama job, and decommits. Bitter stuff like Nikki McCray Penson watching the super nova of the Vic Empire.

Then you just have a man on a bucket with no players and just his friend Cheese.

Coach34
05-07-2023, 10:37 AM
The fans will buy the tickets. People arent losing their tickets they have had for 30-40 years nor is anybody losing the OF grilling spot.

As of Thursday, the money guys were not motivated enough to pay the $6MM. Could more days like yesterday change that? Absolutely. We arent making Hoover and most people already realize that. Here is what I keep hearing:

1. 2 CWS in 4 seasons
2. A Natty
3. Great freshman class
4. Top 10 recruiting class
5. Downturn because of revolving coaches

State82
05-07-2023, 10:55 AM
1. 2 CWS in 4 seasons
2. A Natty
3. Great freshman class

If the guys hauling around the wad of dough firmly believe those 5 bullet points then no, they won't pony up. I don't think they pony up regardless at this point.

AlSwearengen
05-07-2023, 12:39 PM
The fans will buy the tickets. People arent losing their tickets they have had for 30-40 years nor is anybody losing the OF grilling spot.

As of Thursday, the money guys were not motivated enough to pay the $6MM. Could more days like yesterday change that? Absolutely. We arent making Hoover and most people already realize that. Here is what I keep hearing:

1. 2 CWS in 4 seasons
2. A Natty
3. Great freshman class

Number 5 stays stuck in the back of my mind. We knew the chickens would come home to roost because of it, but it is safe to say that no one expected it to be this bad. 3 and 4 is the thread that he is hanging on by.

Cowbell
05-07-2023, 02:59 PM
Number 5 stays stuck in the back of my mind. We knew the chickens would come home to roost because of it, but it is safe to say that no one expected it to be this bad. 3 and 4 is the thread that he is hanging on by.

#4 should happen here regardless of who is coaching here
#5 shouldn't be an excuse in the portal era

Cowbell
05-07-2023, 03:07 PM

1. 2 CWS in 4 seasons
2. A Natty
3. Great freshman class

You talk like there is just one group of money guys....

The Federalist Engineer
05-07-2023, 03:31 PM
Coach 34 is trying help us out. Make the admin and money guys ashamed of keeping a Pile-of-Garbage in our dugout.

Heroic

I will join the effort.

We are keeping bucket man for 4 years. Until the contact is done. In 4 years, the stadium will be empty and game threads just 1 page. Tickets might be sold, but the program dead as a rock.

Dawgface
05-07-2023, 04:03 PM

1. 2 CWS in 4 seasons
2. A Natty

Considering this is our only NC in anything that's grounds for keeping him forever. Yay........

Cooterpoot
05-07-2023, 04:08 PM
It's over boys! He gone at seasons end. Let's see if we can get our guy now.

EdwardDrayton
05-07-2023, 04:18 PM

Not completely over. We're back in the running to repeat dead last. ****

basedog
05-07-2023, 04:20 PM

It’s coming.

EdwardDrayton
05-07-2023, 04:22 PM
It’s coming.

It better be. Thinking after the LSU series is appropriate timing.

Coach34
05-07-2023, 04:25 PM
It better be. Thinking after the LSU series is appropriate timing.

The way LSU swings the bat could change some minds for sure but they sure laid down today

Cowbell
05-07-2023, 04:29 PM
The way LSU swings the bat could change some minds for sure but they sure laid down today

He gone coach

Cowbell
05-07-2023, 04:30 PM

That's what I'm hearing as well

Coach34
05-07-2023, 04:31 PM
He gone coach

I'm fine with that. Hope it happens.

99jc
05-07-2023, 04:42 PM

i just heard the buyout is guaranteed by one big donor. so much for the 6 mil just a drop in the bucket for this family.

SPMT
05-07-2023, 05:01 PM

He?s gone mid year next if not this year. Barring us looking like LSU or Arky he better be gone if we play SEC like this year.

sandjunky
05-07-2023, 05:12 PM

So now you?re hedging?

bulldogcountry1
05-07-2023, 05:14 PM
At this point, I think the only way he can stay is if he can prove he can pull an elite pitching coach AND the very few guys who will make up the heart of this team next year still support him.

Bothrops
05-07-2023, 05:20 PM
The team won't play for him anymore. It's over.

Homedawg
05-07-2023, 05:30 PM
So now you?re hedging?

He isn't hedging. He wanted him gone last week. He hadn't heard a single higher up say he was gone. I hadn't either. Still haven't. But don't see how we can keep him.

EdwardDrayton
05-07-2023, 07:00 PM
He isn't hedging. He wanted him gone last week. He hadn't heard a single higher up say he was gone. I hadn't either. Still haven't. But don't see how we can keep him.

No, don't think he's hedging either. Think things are changing now and the door is starting to open to make this happen.

Coach34
05-07-2023, 07:10 PM
So now you?re hedging?

I call the guy Lemonizik. Does it sound like I want him to continue coaching us?

basedog
05-07-2023, 07:47 PM
I call the guy Lemonizik. Does it sound like I want him to continue coaching us?

Times have changed at MSU, especially at the athletic department. Seems we are heading into “out with the old, in with the new”. This want be an overnight situation but change is coming. A friend told me this when we hired Selmon, my friend is well connected. Let’s hope it come true.

Btw, another ED member heard this also, but he has never posted on ED.

Coach34
05-07-2023, 07:52 PM
Great news. Glad someone is stepping up.

Cowbell
05-07-2023, 07:54 PM

I will stand up for you here. You definitely called him out and were just being a realist

sandjunky
05-07-2023, 08:01 PM
So now you?re hedging?

I?ve seen - Probably a poor use of the word there

EdwardDrayton
05-07-2023, 08:20 PM
Times have changed at MSU, especially at the athletic department. Seems we are heading into “out with the old, in with the new”. This want be an overnight situation but change is coming. A friend told me this when we hired Selmon, my friend is well connected. Let’s hope it come true.

That ..... is outstanding.

sandjunky
05-07-2023, 08:31 PM

There?s things that help with that

Todd4State
05-08-2023, 01:04 AM

That doesn't surprise me. We run our baseball program well. They're going to support the coach until there is a point of no return which is where we're at now.

Our fans just have to be patient and let the season play out. I'm certainly pissed off as many are- but there is no point in firing a coach now when we could just wait two weeks and do it.

Quaoarsking
05-08-2023, 07:59 AM
We should announce his firing in a week, and then on the final game of the season, declare it Chris Lemonis Day and let the fans give him one final standing ovation and thank you. Any coach who wins a national title for us is forever a legend and deserves that much.

basedog
05-08-2023, 08:53 AM
i just heard the buyout is guaranteed by one big donor. so much for the 6 mil just a drop in the bucket for this family.

I've heard it's not 6 million, more like 3.5 million.

SaintDawg
05-08-2023, 09:21 AM
$3 million, $6 million… whatever. Imagine being in a position that you are so bad at that your employer will pay you that much just to go away. I understand it being contractual but damn.

Homedawg
05-08-2023, 09:32 AM

total staff is the close to 6 number. Now, fox has already been let go and his number is part of the total.

Cooterpoot
05-08-2023, 10:06 AM
People that believe a $5-$6MM buyout is a problem should understand if this was football, everyone would be saying that's nothing. It's still nothing. But folks aren't going to go out in the open like Lemonis is some bum and make this ugly. Barring a big run to end the season, this is pretty much done.
We've even got our pro football players on social media demanding change. Just let it all play out.

Pancho
05-08-2023, 07:30 PM
But what if he sends Stinnett out and slings all zeros vs Memphis?*******