PDA

View Full Version : Who is calling pitches this weekend

Cowbell
05-04-2023, 06:23 PM
This has a chance to really expose Lemonis if he doesn't have a lot of knowledge of what Fox was really doing wrong and how to fix it.

BeardoMSU
05-04-2023, 06:26 PM
The bucket Lemo sits on....it speaks to him.***

Homedawg
05-04-2023, 06:32 PM
This has a chance to really expose Lemonis if he doesn't have a lot of knowledge of what Fox was really doing wrong and how to fix it.

We have a staff full of guys that can't locate and consistently throw strikes. It doesn't matter who called the pitches. Cade has looked good and looked not so good. Either might show up tomorrow. Nobody has been consistent all year. If you're expecting some miracle change bc fox isn't in the dugout I'm sorry.

ScottH
05-04-2023, 07:24 PM
I fear this was a "lipstick on a pig" staff change.

Coach34
05-04-2023, 07:28 PM
Cheese most likely

Commercecomet24
05-04-2023, 07:40 PM
We have a staff full of guys that can't locate and consistently throw strikes. It doesn't matter who called the pitches. Cade has looked good and looked not so good. Either might show up tomorrow. Nobody has been consistent all year. If you're expecting some miracle change bc fox isn't in the dugout I'm sorry.

Yep.

sandjunky
05-04-2023, 08:00 PM
Here?s a novel idea- let the pitchers and catchers call the game

Homedawg
05-04-2023, 08:13 PM
Here?s a novel idea- let the pitchers and catchers call the game

That's fine. If they can't locate better it doesn't matter who calls the pitches.

Cowbell
05-04-2023, 08:19 PM

I'm not expecting a miracle. I'm expecting more of the same. Which might suggest moving on from FoX may not solve anything....

Cowbell
05-04-2023, 08:19 PM
Yep.

You know the pitch calling has been predictable though.....

Cowbell
05-04-2023, 08:20 PM
I fear this was a "lipstick on a pig" staff change.

Same here

dawgoneyall
05-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Chat GPT

Homedawg
05-04-2023, 08:23 PM
I'm not expecting a miracle. I'm expecting more of the same. Which might suggest moving on from FoX may not solve anything....

To expect it can solve anything in 3 weeks is naive. Maybe they pitch more free. That might help. But....

Lord McBuckethead
05-04-2023, 08:41 PM

Well not the remainder of the year. Let the catcher call it. I could study the likely 14 hitters we will see this weekend and about an hour later call the pitches. I am sure a catcher who plays in this league could too.

basedog
05-04-2023, 08:55 PM
I think catcher is gonna call pitches, at least Lemonis said do a few days back.

EdwardDrayton
05-04-2023, 09:01 PM

I erupted laughing at this so loud I scared the wife!! LOL!!

Goldendawg
05-04-2023, 09:30 PM
I think catcher is gonna call pitches, at least Lemonis said do a few days back.

Who starts at catcher, Hancock or Highfield?

Todd4State
05-04-2023, 11:07 PM
If we simply stop leaving guys in too long that will help a lot.

I don't know how many of our walks came because a guy was worn out and we just left them in the game for whatever reason but I bet it's a lot.

Todd4State
05-04-2023, 11:12 PM
With Pitchcom- I'm not very familiar with it- but what's to stop say someone like Jay Powell announcing the game sending in the pitch selections from the TV booth?

May not be feasible.

Jarius
05-05-2023, 08:39 AM
Just throw a bunch of fastballs down the chute and make them hit it. I would rather see 18 home runs a game than another walk.

Commercecomet24
05-05-2023, 08:46 AM
You know the pitch calling has been predictable though.....

No question. Both can be true and both have combined for just an awful season.

confucius say
05-05-2023, 09:09 AM
If we simply stop leaving guys in too long that will help a lot.

I don't know how many of our walks came because a guy was worn out and we just left them in the game for whatever reason but I bet it's a lot.

And how many times have we pulled a guy one pitch too late? A lot.
I know that's in part due to no trust in the bullpen, but still.

The one thing that I think could change is that we attack hitters instead of nibble. We'll see.

Todd4State
05-05-2023, 09:45 AM
And how many times have we pulled a guy one pitch too late? A lot.
I know that's in part due to no trust in the bullpen, but still.

The one thing that I think could change is that we attack hitters instead of nibble. We'll see.

That's hard to believe that we wouldn't trust one of Nixon, Hunt, Dohm, and Holcombe.

The issue is too much trust in guys like Hardin and Ynetema.

WSOPdawg
05-05-2023, 11:58 AM
That's hard to believe that we wouldn't trust one of Nixon, Hunt, Dohm, and Holcombe.

The issue is too much trust in guys like Hardin and Ynetema.

And the OTHER issue is that after our National Championship, we still found it difficult to improve our overall SEC-level pitching talent to provide more support for Nixon, Hunt, Dohm and Holcombe. Editing to again say that Lemonis hasn't capitalized on the NC in recruiting... like WTH???

Homedawg
05-05-2023, 12:39 PM
And the OTHER issue is that after our National Championship, we still found it difficult to improve our overall SEC-level pitching talent to provide more support for Nixon, Hunt, Dohm and Holcombe. Editing to again say that Lemonis hasn't capitalized on the NC in recruiting... like WTH???

Actually, the classes of 24 and beyond are the ones that capitalized on the ship. Baseball recruiting is so far out the 22 class and most of 23 class was done before we won it.

EdwardDrayton
05-05-2023, 01:08 PM
Happy Cinco de Mayo All!!

We only have a few more hours now until The Bucket speaketh!! LOL!!

Commercecomet24
05-05-2023, 01:52 PM
Actually, the classes of 24 and beyond are the ones that capitalized on the ship. Baseball recruiting is so far out the 22 class and most of 23 class was done before we won it.

This and I don't think most people realize this.

TNDawg35
05-05-2023, 02:30 PM

Hopefully all that is about to change with the new rule where you can’t offer or it may be can’t contact a recruit til their junior year. I can’t remember which it is, but a change was made.

SpaceBully
05-05-2023, 02:49 PM
Just quit calling fat strikes down the middle on 0-2 counts to the opponents power hitters.

Offshore Dawg
05-05-2023, 08:43 PM
Doesn't matter anymore, just finish the season.

CaptainObvious
05-05-2023, 11:35 PM
Doesn't matter anymore, just finish the season.

What?s the fine for forfeiting the season? Oh heck! Who am I kidding? These guys have already forfeited the season but they are auditioning for their Div. III or NAIA transfer destination.

Todd4State
05-05-2023, 11:38 PM
This and I don't think most people realize this.

Yep. And that's a big reason why we aren't likely to part with Lemonis. That's a good way to get a ton of de-commitments.

Pancho
05-06-2023, 06:50 AM
Can he truly coach actual talent and have them improve under his leadership? If he stays, he dam sure better have some very self motivated recruits coming in.

The Federalist Engineer
05-06-2023, 08:26 AM

We'll see in July, kids don't have to officially de commit. They can communicate an intent to sign professionally to MLB negotiators.

2024 looks like a stellar class, with Dylan Cupp being the impossibly great player MLB will draft inside of 10 to 15 picks. Even without Cupp, there are many other highly rated players.

https://img.comc.com/ebay-both/30d5fc9d-ad68-4722-9c2b-a8ef8602fd6c.jpg?refresh

Homedawg
05-06-2023, 09:58 AM
We'll see in July, kids don't have to officially de commit. They can communicate an intent to sign professionally to MLB negotiators.

2024 looks like a stellar class, with Dylan Cupp being the impossibly great player MLB will draft inside of 10 to 15 picks. Even without Cupp, there are many other highly rated players.

https://img.comc.com/ebay-both/30d5fc9d-ad68-4722-9c2b-a8ef8602fd6c.jpg?refresh
Cupp isn't that high. It's the other ss from ga that's a first rounder. Cupp is 100ish. Obviously we need to get him on campus. I have no idea the odds. Don't know how bad he wants to be a pro/go to college etc

ScooterDog
05-07-2023, 12:41 PM
Back to the main question, does anybody know who called the pitches yesterday?

The Federalist Engineer
05-07-2023, 01:07 PM
Cupp isn't that high. It's the other ss from ga that's a first rounder. Cupp is 100ish. Obviously we need to get him on campus. I have no idea the odds. Don't know how bad he wants to be a pro/go to college etc

Colin Houck- rated super high and Dylan Crews 2.0 hopefull. 1st Rounder today, if he wants to be a professional this soon.

https://images.rivals.com/image/upload/f_auto,q_auto,t_large/ssakv5yhw7hscehxlxu6

Offshore Dawg
05-07-2023, 01:25 PM

Would it matter ??

CaptainObvious
05-07-2023, 01:45 PM

You left out the H.

Mjoelner34
05-07-2023, 02:58 PM
"Who is calling pitches this weekend?" From the looks of things, I'll go with Dave Van Horn.

Leroy Jenkins
05-07-2023, 03:29 PM
"Who is calling pitches this weekend?" From the looks of things, I'll go with Dave Van Horn.

We should pass a playstation controller around the outfield bleachers. Give everyone a shot.

Cowbell
05-07-2023, 03:59 PM
We should pass a playstation controller around the outfield bleachers. Give everyone a shot.

$100 donation to NIL for every pitch called