PDA

View Full Version : Bohanon - she gone

sandjunky
05-04-2023, 10:26 AM
Fired by UAT - Jackson interim

AROB44
05-04-2023, 10:34 AM
From Al.com

?Alabama director of athletics Greg Byrne announced he has initiated the termination process for head baseball coach Brad Bohannon for, among other things, violating the standards, duties, and responsibilities expected of University employees,? the university said in a statement Thursday morning. ?Bohannon has been relieved of all duties and Jason Jackson will serve as the interim head coach. There will be no further comment at this time pending an ongoing review.?

Leroy Jenkins
05-04-2023, 10:44 AM
...fired amidst the conduct of a betting probe

StarkVegasSteve
05-04-2023, 10:44 AM
Not having read up on everything fully I am guessing this has to do with the sports books hesitancy over the LSU/Bama series?

TheLostDawg
05-04-2023, 10:50 AM
https://www.espn.com/college-baseball/story/_/id/37409279/alabama-fires-baseball-coach-brad-bohannon-amid-betting-probe

TheLostDawg
05-04-2023, 10:51 AM
I bet Starkville looks pretty good now

Saltydog
05-04-2023, 11:07 AM
I bet Starkville looks pretty good now

Lol, that gap tooth bastard has shit his bed. He won't get another job at the collegiate level. He's DONE.

R2Dawg
05-04-2023, 11:36 AM
From Al.com

?Alabama director of athletics Greg Byrne announced he has initiated the termination process for head baseball coach Brad Bohannon for, among other things, violating the standards, duties, and responsibilities expected of University employees,? the university said in a statement Thursday morning. ?Bohannon has been relieved of all duties and Jason Jackson will serve as the interim head coach. There will be no further comment at this time pending an ongoing review.?

Now that is rich right there after allowing and celebrating the murdering basketball team all season long. Exactly what are the Bama standards?

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-04-2023, 01:06 PM
Exactly what are the Bama standards?

Same as most places- win

The Federalist Engineer
05-04-2023, 01:39 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-baseball/story/_/id/37409279/alabama-fires-baseball-coach-brad-bohannon-amid-betting-probe

Dayum! Time to go snag those good Bohannon recruits. He has 4 top 200 players. A big SS from Oxford Al. A good town for MSU recruiting. Also a big RHP from the same town as Nate Dohm.

RocketDawg
05-04-2023, 03:13 PM

Bama's baseball coach was a woman?

R2Dawg
05-04-2023, 03:21 PM
Same as most places- win

No most places are not win at all cost, cheat, steal, murder, etc.

Yes everyone wants to win that is where it stops.

R2Dawg
05-04-2023, 03:22 PM

So can Bohannan coach pitchers****

sandjunky
05-04-2023, 03:34 PM
Bama's baseball coach was a woman?

Jeff Frye phrase on Twitter former mlb er that hates on new ideas in baseball

StarkVegasSteve
05-04-2023, 03:57 PM
Would not be the least bit surprised to see them target Justin Haire.

basedog
05-04-2023, 04:43 PM
So can Bohannan coach pitchers****

Only ones he placed bets on***

EdwardDrayton
05-04-2023, 04:43 PM
Ole Byrnee Boy seems to be having a little problem with institutional control. Not a good look for an AD Gregee.

TheLostDawg
05-04-2023, 04:49 PM
Only ones he placed bets on***

++

Todd4State
05-04-2023, 11:09 PM
Would not be the least bit surprised to see them target Justin Haire.

Byrne trusts Cohen's opinion a lot on baseball hires.

I bet they go after Nick Mingione.

Homedawg
05-04-2023, 11:30 PM
Byrne trusts Cohen's opinion a lot on baseball hires.

I bet they go after Nick Mingione.

Hahahaha. If he's stupid they will.

The Federalist Engineer
05-04-2023, 11:30 PM
(1) Scott Berry
(2) Garry Gilmore (Costal Carolina)
(3) Wes Johnson (mini me)
(4) Cliff Godwin

According to Al.com

I could see pulling the entire USM staff but not the others.

Would that put Cannizarro in Hattiesburg?

Homedawg
05-04-2023, 11:53 PM
(1) Scott Berry
(4) Cliff Godwin

According to Al.com

Cann is done

Todd4State
05-04-2023, 11:57 PM
Hahahaha. If he's stupid they will.

I agree. Wouldn't be a great hire. But I can't think of a baseball hire he has made without Cohen's input.

And with Mingione's success at Kentucky it would be a "splash" hire for them.

If Lane Burroughs was having a better year it would probably be him.

Todd4State
05-05-2023, 12:03 AM
(1) Scott Berry
(4) Cliff Godwin

According to Al.com

I guess it depends on if Wes wants to be a head coach. I don't really get that impression from him but I don't know him personally. I would think that LSU's other coaches- Josh Jordan and Marc Wanaka would be up for a job before Wes.

Godwin if they give him enough money- maybe. But he probably is thinking that there is a good chance that MSU and Ole Miss will be opening up soon potentially.

99jc
05-05-2023, 12:09 AM
If the feds are involved somebody may be looking at jail time here

Coach34
05-05-2023, 08:36 AM
Bohannon is likely jail bound. They have communication by him to the person placing the bet

Homedawg
05-05-2023, 11:27 AM
I guess it depends on if Wes wants to be a head coach. I don't really get that impression from him but I don't know him personally. I would think that LSU's other coaches- Josh Jordan and Marc Wanaka would be up for a job before Wes.

Godwin if they give him enough money- maybe. But he probably is thinking that there is a good chance that MSU and Ole Miss will be opening up soon potentially.

Agree. I don't think they have a frozen chance in at at Godwin. Guess I could be wrong.

EdwardDrayton
05-05-2023, 01:28 PM
Bohannon is likely jail bound. They have communication by him to the person placing the bet

Was it illegal because sports betting is not allowed in the state of Alabama? And you think they really would send him to jail for that? Not saying they won't but seems a harsh penalty in this day and time.

Coach34
05-05-2023, 01:49 PM
Was it illegal because sports betting is not allowed in the state of Alabama? And you think they really would send him to jail for that? Not saying they won't but seems a harsh penalty in this day and time.

its point shaving or some kind of federal crime I believe. He is on the phone with someone to place a bet and then pulls his SP for another guy.

Randolph Dupree
05-05-2023, 01:51 PM

No, it is illegal because he was fixing games. Allegedly they have video of him on the phone with the guy that dropped one of the bets telling him that the Friday night guy was going to be a scratch. The ESPN article alludes to it but I suspect that this isn't the first time something like this happened.

No inside info BUT this feels like Bohanon had a gambling issue and all of this is related.

EdwardDrayton
05-05-2023, 02:56 PM
its point shaving or some kind of federal crime I believe. He is on the phone with someone to place a bet and then pulls his SP for another guy.

No, it is illegal because he was fixing games. Allegedly they have video of him on the phone with the guy that dropped one of the bets telling him that the Friday night guy was going to be a scratch. The ESPN article alludes to it but I suspect that this isn't the first time something like this happened.

No inside info BUT this feels like Bohanon had a gambling issue and all of this is related.

Hoo boy. He inna whole heapin' heppin' lotta trouble.

The Federalist Engineer
05-05-2023, 03:55 PM

I'm having fun with this. MSU took 2 out of 3 from these guys and looked better here than any other series. Hmmmm? After this series we were talking being a 2 seed in Storrs Connecticut.

MSU did not use Enema, Stinnett, and Hardin that whole weekend. Even in the run rule blow out Loss. It's like MSU was trying to win that series.

TNDawg35
05-05-2023, 06:19 PM
Wonder if Gotro will get a call? Kendall Rogers just dropped a list on D1 and added an assistant who apparently “has Interest”. I don’t have an account tho so I can’t see who it is.