PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if we have an Bartstool fans here but Mintzy was fired. . . . .

Saltydog
05-03-2023, 07:32 PM
Looks like he quoted some lyrics in a rappers song that contained a racial slur. . . . . Such is the world we live in. . . . . .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/barstool-sports-announces-notable-personality-has-been-fired/ar-AA1aHqwg?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ff93f1c7d6054afdb61f4687fb99818d&ei=9

MaroonFlounder
05-03-2023, 07:34 PM
Sang a rap song with the N word in it, apparently.

KOdawg1
05-03-2023, 08:18 PM
Kinda dumb.

It's obvious he didn't say it with racial or ill intentions. Guy doesn't deserve to lose his job over rapping along to a song. But people can pretend to be mad about it if they want to

Coach34
05-03-2023, 08:35 PM
a no-talent Yancy-like Mississippi Rebel got fired? I'm shocked

somebodyshotmypaw
05-03-2023, 08:58 PM
Barstool employees have used the curse word GD before and not been fired. And it’s infinitely worse.

Saltydog
05-03-2023, 09:10 PM
Kinda dumb.

It's obvious he didn't say it with racial or ill intentions. Guy doesn't deserve to lose his job over rapping along to a song. But people can pretend to be mad about it if they want to

Honest truth is he wouldn't have been fired if he was any other color......

DownwardDawg
05-03-2023, 10:07 PM
Honest truth is he wouldn't have been fired if he was any other color......

He's a white male. A white male can't make a mistake like that. Fish bowl.....

Quaoarsking
05-04-2023, 12:45 AM
https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1653876074529292289

Tater
05-04-2023, 02:19 AM
He deserved to be fired. He literally didn't prep his job ever. Any ****ing half twit would know to check your script and update it if you're reading off something.

The dude hardly ever worked anyways and was only good for being the punching bag of content.

Now firing him over what they actually fired him over is stupid for barstool. I get that PENN owns them now, but this was super stupid for a lot of reasons. 1. Portnoy has a video that floats around every so often of him saying it. 2. People had already forgotten about it, this was a case where they could have ignored it. They opened the door to the streisand effect. 3. Barstool has always been risqu?, but now you open the door to people getting canned for anything problematic. One dude said "rape is a spectrum" this week.

If they wanted to be smart, they should have make his show pivot to a liberal-esque show where dude goes and does left-wing feel-good content called "Woke Up Mintzy". Spinning it positive and doing good with "racial sensitivity training" (aka learn to ****ing prep your show) would have been the safer move for barstool.

But as 34 said, I'm never sad to see an idiot Reb hurt himself. Especially because they are stupid enough to say that word out loud. How can you trust this guy to ever do an unscripted show again?

RockyDog
05-04-2023, 09:14 AM
Barstool employees have used the curse word GD before and not been fired. And it’s infinitely worse.

Not even close. GD is nothing.

Extendedcab
05-04-2023, 09:17 AM

Maybe for the unrepentant heart, but for the rest of us it is a BIG Deal!

somebodyshotmypaw
05-04-2023, 09:19 AM

One is simply derogatory to a race of people. The other is derogatory to our Lord and Savior. While neither is acceptable, the first pales in comparison.

DownwardDawg
05-04-2023, 09:50 AM

Oh man.........

DownwardDawg
05-04-2023, 09:51 AM
One is simply derogatory to a race of people. The other is derogatory to our Lord and Savior. While neither is acceptable, the first pales in comparison.

100%

StarkVegasSteve
05-04-2023, 10:17 AM

Some may not like it but this is correct. You will 100% get fired for using a racial slur in todays culture.

You may get reamed out and yelled at depending on who your supervisor is for using GD but you probably will not get fired.

Not saying you should ever use GD, although I unfortunately have been guilty of it, but your job will probably still be safe if you use it as opposed to using a racial slur.

Tater
05-04-2023, 01:13 PM

First of all, No. Second of all... a racial slur is way way way worse than god dam. It's not even close and to say otherwise is stupid as hell. Third, "our" religion is not the only religion. Just cause it's yours doesn't make it everyone's. That's the beauty of this country. Fourth, and I can tell this one about you a mile away, it's not even one of the ten commandments. The 3rd commandment is about doing acts in the name of the Lord as a false believer, not about saying god dam. (So Hugh Freeze's existence, for example).

StarkVegasSteve
05-04-2023, 01:28 PM
First of all, No. Second of all... a racial slur is way way way worse than god dam. It's not even close and to say otherwise is stupid as hell. Third, "our" religion is not the only religion. Just cause it's yours doesn't make it everyone's. That's the beauty of this country. Fourth, and I can tell this one about you a mile away, it's not even one of the ten commandments. The 3rd commandment is about doing acts in the name of the Lord as a false believer, not about saying god dam. (So Hugh Freeze's existence, for example).

SPOT MF ON

Really Clark?
05-04-2023, 02:52 PM

I don't disagree with part of what you are saying but you are only partially correct on the Third Commandment. It does mean that but you have to read through all of the scripture to gather the full meaning. It also refers to touching holy objects for only his anointed can. And it also means to blaspheme his name or curse his name. As well as what you are speaking to, most prevalent would be someone who speaks of God on his lips while his hands work evil, false prophets, false visions, etc. Its also concerning oaths that would be taken at that time, to take an oath in God's name or blood oath to God, and lie or purposefully break the oath is also taken his name in vain.

RocketDawg
05-04-2023, 03:09 PM
Sang a rap song with the N word in it, apparently.

I have no idea who Mintzy is, but isn't it common for rap lyrics to contain "the word" and other slurs and obscenities? What's different about what he did? Is Mintzy a rapper?

Quaoarsking
05-04-2023, 03:25 PM
I have no idea who Mintzy is, but isn't it common for rap lyrics to contain "the word" and other slurs and obscenities? What's different about what he did? Is Mintzy a rapper?

White and Asian rappers do not use "the word" in their lyrics, at least not any who are remotely prominent.