PDA

View Full Version : baseball problem--could it be a culture thing?

tcdog70
05-03-2023, 10:13 AM
a red flag to me is a $hitty Vol forearms our 1st baseman and not 1 player responded. what a bunch of pussies. We have a soft team and soft Coaches. I have heard our practices are soft and fundamentals aren't a big deal. We need to clean house. no question--just do it.

StarkVegasSteve
05-03-2023, 10:16 AM
We may have a culture problem but not responding to someone forearming us is not the reason. I've been the biggest proponent of being the Bad Boys and playing with so much swagger it borderlines on arrogance, but why would we respond in that type of situation? So our player could get thrown out and get suspended for a game? Personally, I'd prefer all our players be available for games.....we need everyone available.

msudawg1200
05-03-2023, 10:31 AM
We may have a culture problem but not responding to someone forearming us is not the reason. I've been the biggest proponent of being the Bad Boys and playing with so much swagger it borderlines on arrogance, but why would we respond in that type of situation? So our player could get thrown out and get suspended for a game? Personally, I'd prefer all our players be available for games.....we need everyone available.

I agree with you, but there are times to explode and respond to an incident like that. That incident would've been the time. Many times you'll see teams come together after a fight, manager/player getting tossed arguing, etc. In a season like this someone needs to show some life.

confucius say
05-03-2023, 10:38 AM

Well we could at least drill him in the back his next time up

somebodyshotmypaw
05-03-2023, 10:54 AM
Bad culture, locker room cancers, etc. can hurt you in any sport. Hell, look how a locker room cancer like Dee Bost spiraled our basketball program. Culture and fit do matter.

tcdog70
05-03-2023, 10:54 AM

Dude--17 everyone available---we need to not let dickheads push us around. make a statement. I don't care if everyone on our team gets thrown out of the game. make a statement that MSU doesn't put up with that bush league shit.

parabrave
05-03-2023, 11:04 AM
Remember the SC Series. There should've been at least 2 bench clearings that series.

sandjunky
05-03-2023, 11:12 AM
Dude--17 everyone available---we need to not let dickheads push us around. make a statement. I don't care if everyone on our team gets thrown out of the game. make a statement that MSU doesn't put up with that bush league shit.

^*this

At minimum, there should have been an intense discussion between the 2 players

StarkVegasSteve
05-03-2023, 11:37 AM

Well I guess we wouldn't get run ruled at that point.

basedog
05-03-2023, 12:17 PM
No doubt we should have sent Tn a message with a few fastballs at least under a few chins!

Leroy Jenkins
05-03-2023, 02:03 PM
Miss the Bench Mobb. "The 2nd b is silent".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE_sS_5MbXU

Coach34
05-03-2023, 02:08 PM
Played 1st and had a guy bump me on purpose as he came by. I caught the ball from SS and then spun and drilled the runner in the back with the ball. Homey dont play that

Mjoelner34
05-03-2023, 02:24 PM
Played 1st and had a guy bump me on purpose as he came by. I caught the ball from SS and then spun and drilled the runner in the back with the ball. Homey dont play that

I got run over and bumped into several times over the years there but I don't think any were intentional though. On the other hand, I was the asshole when they got on. Being LH gave me the perfect opportunity to catch the pickoff throw in the web and in one motion slap the hell out of the front of their thigh or knee with the ball. I'm guessing a few throws over and me doing that may have taken a step from them.

Coach34
05-03-2023, 03:14 PM
I got run over and bumped into several times over the years there but I don't think any were intentional though. On the other hand, I was the asshole when they got on. Being LH gave me the perfect opportunity to catch the pickoff throw in the web and in one motion slap the hell out of the front of their thigh or knee with the ball. I'm guessing a few throws over and me doing that may have taken a step from them.

The guy had done it on purpose to me is why I reacted. I was a 9th grader and he was a Jr or Sr...made noises earlier in the game when running to first. Ump and 1st base coach separated us.

ISeenIt on here was a lefty who would pound guys at 1st on pitcher picks. He had people wanting to kill him

EdwardDrayton
05-03-2023, 03:34 PM
No doubt we should have sent Tn a message with a few fastballs at least under a few chins!

Or as Will C calls it "buzz the tower"!! LOL!!

EdwardDrayton
05-03-2023, 03:37 PM

Now that's a home movie clip we'd love to see!!! LOL!!

Liverpooldawg
05-03-2023, 05:05 PM
Bad culture, locker room cancers, etc. can hurt you in any sport. Hell, look how a locker room cancer like Dee Bost spiraled our basketball program. Culture and fit do matter.

FINALLY, someone who Knows the real problem wasn't Sidney.

Cowbell
05-03-2023, 05:35 PM
Remember the SC Series. There should've been at least 2 bench clearings that series.

Yes I agree. It's time we get a bench mob again

Coach34
05-03-2023, 06:55 PM
FINALLY, someone who Knows the real problem wasn't Sidney.

They were both cancers. When you have to send a player to Texas for his addictions and he doesn’t travel to play with the team? That’s a problem. Let’s don’t try to re-write history here

TALL DAWG
05-03-2023, 10:12 PM
What was his addiction again?
I have forgotten.

DownwardDawg
05-03-2023, 11:11 PM
What was his addiction again?
I have forgotten.

It certainly wasn't basketball practice.

bobcat91
05-04-2023, 12:09 AM
You are a team or your just a collection of players. The next guy up should have gotten drilled. A guy deliberately went spikes up on a LA Dodger SS in a game several years back. Clayton Kershaw, 3 times Cy Young winner, drilled the first guy who came to the plate the next inning. 95 to the ribs. And he was ejected. When you see your best player and a guy known for being a nice guy do that, it sends a message. We don't send messages, we receive them.

SpaceBully
05-04-2023, 01:07 AM
No, you don't respond to a forearm which didn't look like much to me. You respond when someone outright attacks you. I thought we acted very professional. UT 1B looked like the stupid punk, IMO.

CaptainObvious
05-04-2023, 09:52 AM
Since our problem is pitching, I think the issue is the darn wrist band. They have 20 seconds to pitch. But first, look down at the wrist band for 6 or 7 seconds, then regather yourself and find focus on the catchers mitt. Maybe I have missed it but I don?t seem to recall our opponents pitchers spending time looking at their wrist. Go back to sending the catcher the signals in his ear piece. And move on. Keep the Pitcher focused.

tcdog70
05-04-2023, 10:01 AM
Since our problem is pitching, I think the issue is the darn wrist band. They have 20 seconds to pitch. But first, look down at the wrist band for 6 or 7 seconds, then regather yourself and find focus on the catchers mitt. Maybe I have missed it but I don?t seem to recall our opponents pitchers spending time looking at their wrist. Go back to sending the catcher the signals in his ear piece. And move on. Keep the Pitcher focused.

exactly--great point