PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Coach Hot Board- Version 1.0

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2023, 02:09 PM
Time to fire it up!!!

1. Corey Muscara (Wake Forest)- I think this is the guy everyone has circled for the better part of a month. He would be an incredible hire. Has worked wonders at Wake since he's been there and was very good at Maryland and St Johns before that.

2. Josh McDonald (UCONN)- Has been with Jim Penders at UCONN a very long time but is regarded as one of the best pitching coaches in all of baseball. Coached AA's in 6 of the last 7 seasons.

3. Brady Kirkpatrick (Duke)- First year at Duke and has lowered the team ERA from 5.89 to 3.60. Was at FAU before that and they pitched it well last year.

4. Nate Yeskie (A&M)- It will probably take a big time offer to get him but if you could get him he's the grand slam hire. He's probably not as realistic as the first 3 but outside of Wes he is probably the best pitching coach in college baseball.

5. Drew Dickinson (UVA)- Has been with UVA for 4 years and the last 3 years his staff has a 3.67 team ERA. We saw up close and personal how effective his pitchers were in 21 and if it wasn't for just a special group of seniors we lose that game.

6. Christian Ostrander (USM)- A lot of people wanted to go get him last year. Has always had a great starting rotation at USM and would be able to recruit even higher quality guys here. He's going to be tough to pull though because a lot down in Hattiesburg seem to think he's content to wait on Berry to retire.

I know I left off plenty of names, but this was just my initial list. Add whoever you want and I'll add them to the list.

KOdawg1
05-01-2023, 02:32 PM
Ostrander at USM would get a call

KB21
05-01-2023, 02:32 PM
https://twitter.com/mason_mcrae/status/1648128694500700162?s=46&t=boMwTsd5d1vappV0mJtn8g

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2023, 02:36 PM
Ostrander at USM would get a call

Yea thought of him after I posted. I'll add him.

WSOPdawg
05-01-2023, 03:25 PM
I would love Yeskie, but he's probably happy at College Station... plus they can pay him well enough to make him one of the highest paid assistants in the game.

confucius say
05-01-2023, 03:38 PM
Aggie is 13th in pitching, ahead of only us.
Sec games only.

basedog
05-01-2023, 03:42 PM
Bert Stare knows who the next one will be after May 21st*

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2023, 03:44 PM
Aggie is 13th in pitching, ahead of only us.
Sec games only.

While that's correct it's a bit misleading. Their Team ERA in conference play is 7.51. Ours is 9.82. They are closer to 5th than we are to 13th

ZedFedder
05-01-2023, 03:47 PM
Go all out on Muscara. What does he make at Wake? Double it.

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-01-2023, 03:48 PM
While that's correct it's a bit misleading. Their Team ERA in conference play is 7.51. Ours is 9.82. They are closer to 5th than we are to 13th

Lol leave it to State fans to try to justify hiring a buy with terrible numbers to replace the guy we fired because of his terrible numbers

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2023, 03:50 PM
Lol leave it to State fans to try and justify hiring a buy with terrible numbers to replace the guy we fired because of his terrible numbers

Yeskie has over a decade of great numbers. I'd happily take the risk.

confucius say
05-01-2023, 03:51 PM

7.51 is horrible. The only reason they aren't last is because we are historically bad.
They are 13 in era.
13 in walks.
12 in batting average against.
14 in wild pitches.
11 in hbp.

Their staff sucks.

confucius say
05-01-2023, 03:52 PM

I hear ya. But Could you have said the same thing about foxhall going into last year?

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2023, 03:53 PM
7.51 is horrible. The only reason they aren't last is because we are historically bad.
They are 13 in era.
13 in walks.
12 in batting average against.
14 in wild pitches.
11 in hbp.

Their staff sucks.

I'll still take my chances with Yeskie. He's been regarded as one of the top 3 pitching coaches in the country for the last decade.

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-01-2023, 03:53 PM

And Fox won national coach of the year 2 years ago and was very well thought of when we hired him.

Coaches come and go. The game evolves. If he can't succeed with a proven HC like Schloss with all the NIL and name recognition of A&M I don't want him here.

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2023, 03:57 PM
I hear ya. But Could you have said the same thing about foxhall going into last year?

No. Yeskie has a longer track record. Foxhall saved his career at NC State. He wasn't great when he was at Auburn and rolled on previous recruiting talent when he got NC State. He was hired because Lemonis knew him from their time in the Charleston area. Lemonis tried to hire Nate Yeskie the first time

confucius say
05-01-2023, 03:57 PM
I'll still take my chances with Yeskie. He's been regarded as one of the top 3 pitching coaches in the country for the last decade.

I agree he's been very highly regarded.

Don't think we could pull him anyway.

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2023, 03:59 PM
And Fox won national coach of the year 2 years ago and was very well thought of when we hired him.

Coaches come and go. The game evolves. If he can't succeed with a proven HC like Schloss with all the NIL and name recognition of A&M I don't want him here.

Their team ERA last year was a 4.68. Their team ERA this year is 5.62. They're having a tough year in SEC play. It happens. I'll still take 13 years of stats that prove that this year is an anomaly.

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2023, 04:00 PM
I agree he's been very highly regarded.

Don't think we could pull him anyway.

Oh it's a moot point. We're not getting him. We probably aren't getting the guy at Wake either. I'd go after the guy at UCONN and then fall back to Ostrander.

confucius say
05-01-2023, 04:02 PM
No. Yeskie has a longer track record. Foxhall saved his career at NC State. He wasn't great when he was at Auburn and rolled on previous recruiting talent when he got NC State. He was hired because Lemonis knew him from their time in the Charleston area. Lemonis tried to hire Nate Yeskie the first time

So before 2022, foxhall's previous 7 seasons were really really good. Look to be better than Yeskie's statistically.

confucius say
05-01-2023, 04:03 PM
Oh it's a moot point. We're not getting him. We probably aren't getting the guy at Wake either. I'd go after the guy at UCONN and then fall back to Ostrander.

What about the guy at Virginia, realistic?

somebodyshotmypaw
05-01-2023, 04:21 PM
My first interview question would be this:

Me: "Do you know what that white thing is laying on the ground in front of the catcher?"

Applicant: "I think it is home plate"

Me: "Exactly. Are you aware that our pitchers have to throw pitches over it?"

Applicant: "Yes. Otherwise it could result in a walk"

Me: "Great, we are already making progress in this interview"

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2023, 04:46 PM
What about the guy at Virginia, realistic?

It probably is realistic just don't know how and if he would be ahead of Ostrander.

KOdawg1
05-01-2023, 04:58 PM
Chris Young is an interesting name.

Bullpen coach for the Cubs, former pitching coach for the Phillies, MLB scout for the Padres and Astros, and then he of course pitched for us back in the day. I think I'd rather us stick with a proven college guy, but I wouldn't be opposed to Young

schddog72
05-01-2023, 06:27 PM
Time to fire it up!!!

1. Corey Muscara (Wake Forest)- I think this is the guy everyone has circled for the better part of a month. He would be an incredible hire. Has worked wonders at Wake since he's been there and was very good at Maryland and St Johns before that.

2. Josh McDonald (UCONN)- Has been with Jim Penders at UCONN a very long time but is regarded as one of the best pitching coaches in all of baseball. Coached AA's in 6 of the last 7 seasons.

3. Brady Kirkpatrick (Duke)- First year at Duke and has lowered the team ERA from 5.89 to 3.60. Was at FAU before that and they pitched it well last year.

4. Nate Yeskie (A&M)- It will probably take a big time offer to get him but if you could get him he's the grand slam hire. He's probably not as realistic as the first 3 but outside of Wes he is probably the best pitching coach in college baseball.

5. Drew Dickinson (UVA)- Has been with UVA for 4 years and the last 3 years his staff has a 3.67 team ERA. We saw up close and personal how effective his pitchers were in 21 and if it wasn't for just a special group of seniors we lose that game.

6. Christian Ostrander (USM)- A lot of people wanted to go get him last year. Has always had a great starting rotation at USM and would be able to recruit even higher quality guys here. He's going to be tough to pull though because a lot down in Hattiesburg seem to think he's content to wait on Berry to retire.

I know I left off plenty of names, but this was just my initial list. Add whoever you want and I'll add them to the list.

Getting anybody on this list or your next dozen is pure fantasy. Doesn't ANYBODY remember how we ended up with Lemo? What was he - 5th, 6th, 8th choice? Most any name worth considering is going to still be coaching when the regionals begin.

sandjunky
05-01-2023, 06:36 PM
Fire everyone and go hire Wes Johnson as HC

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2023, 06:39 PM
Getting anybody on this list or your next dozen is pure fantasy. Doesn't ANYBODY remember how we ended up with Lemo? What was he - 5th, 6th, 8th choice? Most any name worth considering is going to still be coaching when the regionals begin.

You are right. All names are pure fantasy. How about lets just go get Oak Hill Academys pitching coach. Maybe we can pull him

the_real_MSU_is_us
05-01-2023, 06:45 PM
So before 2022, foxhall's previous 7 seasons were really really good. Look to be better than Yeskie's statistically.

People pick a conclusion and argue backwards.

This board will tell you we should have fired Fox last year. That he should have been gone afterb1 terrible year right after winning a NC and national assistant of the year

But when another pitching coach has a terrible year, he should actually be our top target because it's a fluke? What? It's not consistent at all

Leroy Jenkins
05-01-2023, 06:54 PM

Coenz.

Homedawg
05-01-2023, 07:17 PM

I'll pass

KB21
05-01-2023, 07:30 PM
Have to hire someone that knows how to take what is learned in the pitching lab and translate that to on the field success. We should have a first round pick pitcher every year.

Pancho
05-01-2023, 07:45 PM

sounds like a plan

Coach34
05-01-2023, 08:37 PM
You can eliminate the WF and Va guys immediately. A PC at a good school is not coming here with Lemonizik's job on the line.

You are going to have to hire a good one from a UConn or mid-level school that will get a significant raise to make it worth it for them.

Coach34
05-01-2023, 08:38 PM

Wes Johnson is not a HC type guy

Ari Gold
05-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Step one in getting a solid pitching coach
Fire Lemoins and hire a big time HC
Step 2 ... see step 1

SpaceBully
05-01-2023, 10:46 PM
Time to fire it up!!!

The thing is in my mind is that FoxHall was as highly thought of as a pitching coach as anyone on this list and maybe more so when we hired him. So what happened after the CWS Championship and him being named the National Assistant College Baseball Coach of the Year? I'm not saying he shouldn't be let go, but what the hell happened? Yes, we had a rash of injuries that caught us off guard and our quality of pitching depth could not overcome it. Somewhat the same this year. And we cannot throw enough strikes. We have some young talented pitchers who just weren't ready for SEC baseball. And I watched Gartman throw a great game only to go 0-2 against one of UT's best hitters, then throw a fat fastball right down the middle....why? Of course the pitch ended up in one of the outfield parking lots. And we can't compete with the top level portal talent due to lack of NIL funds (is that Foxhall's fault?)....don't know, but it needs to be answered. (see Skenes). And it will be the same this year if we come across a top notch hurler like Skenes. So, if we hire the best name on this list......will it solve the problem? I wonder. BTW.....what are Cheese's responsibilities besides coaching 3rd base?

KB21
05-01-2023, 10:55 PM
For one, there is no truth to the rumor that we lost Skenes due to NIL. We lost him because he wanted to be coached by Wes Johnson instead of Scott Foxhall.

Also, don?t listen to anyone that tries to say Lemonis will not be able to bring in a top pitching coach. Mississippi State is a premier program. We have arm talent on the roster that needs to be developed and arm talent that is coming in. Lemonis will also be hands off when it comes to the pitching coach. Whoever it is will be able to implement his philosophy and 100%. Plus, Mississippi State will pay a top salary in baseball.

sandjunky
05-02-2023, 06:35 AM
Wes Johnson is not a HC type guy

I get that based on personality

I?d back the brinks truck up to Heefner for HC in a heartbeat if it could pry him and his 3 boys to Vegas

Pancho
05-02-2023, 06:43 AM
I don't care what "type" guy a HC is as long as he understands the SEC is a meat grinder. Foxhalls one size fits all approach to pitching bit him and Lemons on the ass and if Lemons stays, we'll all be bitten on the ass and having the same conversation next year and the year after that. wipe the slate clean and give everyone involved the idea that MSU is serious about baseball again.

StarkVegasSteve
05-02-2023, 09:37 AM
The thing is in my mind is that FoxHall was as highly thought of as a pitching coach as anyone on this list and maybe more so when we hired him. So what happened after the CWS Championship and him being named the National Assistant College Baseball Coach of the Year? I'm not saying he shouldn't be let go, but what the hell happened? Yes, we had a rash of injuries that caught us off guard and our quality of pitching depth could not overcome it. Somewhat the same this year. And we cannot throw enough strikes. We have some young talented pitchers who just weren't ready for SEC baseball. And I watched Gartman throw a great game only to go 0-2 against one of UT's best hitters, then throw a fat fastball right down the middle....why? Of course the pitch ended up in one of the outfield parking lots. And we can't compete with the top level portal talent due to lack of NIL funds (is that Foxhall's fault?)....don't know, but it needs to be answered. (see Skenes). And it will be the same this year if we come across a top notch hurler like Skenes. So, if we hire the best name on this list......will it solve the problem? I wonder. BTW.....what are Cheese's responsibilities besides coaching 3rd base?

Well I think first of all I think Foxhall had a crop of pitchers when he got here and ones that were committed that would make any coaches job easier. Small, Ginn, Self, Gordon, Plumlee, etc. Add on to that he then has Bednar, Sims, Harding, McCleod, etc waiting in the wings. He did not have to evaluate a one of them and just had to not screw them up. Since then he has had to evaluate and develop players and I do not think that is his forte at the highest level like we play at.

On Kyle, he is the catchers coach.

confucius say
05-02-2023, 10:46 AM
Well I think first of all I think Foxhall had a crop of pitchers when he got here and ones that were committed that would make any coaches job easier. Small, Ginn, Self, Gordon, Plumlee, etc. Add on to that he then has Bednar, Sims, Harding, McCleod, etc waiting in the wings. He did not have to evaluate a one of them and just had to not screw them up. Since then he has had to evaluate and develop players and I do not think that is his forte at the highest level like we play at.

I think he went and got Bednar, right?

I do think evaluation has been our biggest pitfall though. Foxhall did good things with leibelt and Gordon in 2019. Both improved immensely under him. But too many misses in the evaluation process.

sandjunky
05-02-2023, 11:59 AM

Thankfully, that is our best defensive position
<sarcasm font>

StarkVegasSteve
05-02-2023, 12:57 PM
I think he went and got Bednar, right?

I do think evaluation has been our biggest pitfall though. Foxhall did good things with leibelt and Gordon in 2019. Both improved immensely under him. But too many misses in the evaluation process.

Bednar was a Lemonis find if I'm not mistaken. He had tried to recruit him at Indiana and he was committed to Ohio St, but when Lem got the job he went back after him.

Cole was stones at the end of 18 so I don't give Foxhall credit on him, but do agree on Leibelt. Kid couldn't get it over the plate in 18 and was great for us in 19.

Leroy Jenkins
05-02-2023, 01:09 PM
The thing is in my mind is that FoxHall was as highly thought of as a pitching coach as anyone on this list and maybe more so when we hired him. So what happened after the CWS Championship and him being named the National Assistant College Baseball Coach of the Year? ?

Because Foxhall is a miss barrels with breaking balls guy, not a throw fastballs, get ahead in the count, and play defense guy. New strike zone is not friendly to a guy who wants to throw sliders out of the zone and get a chase. With the tighter zone hitters will just watch it go by and take their base.

StarkVegasSteve
05-02-2023, 01:26 PM
Because Foxhall is a miss barrels with breaking balls guy, not a throw fastballs, get ahead in the count, and play defense guy. New strike zone is not friendly to a guy who wants to throw sliders out of the zone and get a chase. With the tighter zone hitters will just watch it go by and take their base.

There's a lot of truth to that. I think some of our pitchers also don't have a whole lot of faith in our defense.....and I can't say I blame them.....so they don't risk the ball being put in play sometimes

ScooterDog
05-02-2023, 02:22 PM
If Lemo is fired at end of season, is it within reason to try to get the entire Wake F coaching staff? Too much to ask for?

State82
05-02-2023, 02:44 PM

Lemonis said on his radio show last night that against UT we had 28 three-ball counts. We won only 3 of those. That is horrendous.

Leroy Jenkins
05-02-2023, 03:07 PM
Lemonis said on his radio show last night that against UT we had 28 three-ball counts. We won only 3 of those. That is horrendous.

Demoralizing.

confucius say
05-02-2023, 03:54 PM
Bednar was a Lemonis find if I'm not mistaken. He had tried to recruit him at Indiana and he was committed to Ohio St, but when Lem got the job he went back after him.

Cole was stones at the end of 18 so I don't give Foxhall credit on him, but do agree on Leibelt. Kid couldn't get it over the plate in 18 and was great for us in 19.

Just read the 247 article from 2018 when he committed. He spoke well of foxhall and lemonis, but said that when he de committed from Ohio state in the summer of 2018 it was Cheese who first reached out to him, for whatever that's worth.

Interestingly, how three finalists were us, Bama, and wake forest.

confucius say
05-02-2023, 04:08 PM
Time to fire it up!!!

Another thing about the wake forest guy: wake's head coach and hitting guy have been there since 2010. They had only made a regional twice, in 2016 and 2017, were only a total of 15 games over .500 in 11 seasons, and had numerous losing seasons, including in 2021.

For 2022, they get a new pitching coach, Muscara, and make a regional and now in 2023 will be a top 8 seed with one of, if not the, best staffs in the country (2.40 team era, a 5 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio, and a .198 batting average against).

Pancho
05-02-2023, 04:58 PM
and he recognizes his pitcher's different traits and utilizes them..........

SaintDawg
05-02-2023, 05:42 PM
I havent seen it metioned anywhere and if I’m waaay off base…. what about Roy Oswalt? or Papelbon? Pipe dream? Just fishing guys…. dont beat me up.

Coach34
05-02-2023, 07:21 PM
I havent seen it metioned anywhere and if I’m waaay off base…. what about Roy Oswalt? or Papelbon? Pipe dream? Just fishing guys…. dont beat me up.

99% of guys like that dont want the 12 month a year job of being a college coach

StarkVegasSteve
05-02-2023, 07:23 PM

Those guys don't want full time commitments. They've made their money and don't need anymore enough to commit to not doing what they want to do for 12 months a year.

TheLostDawg
05-02-2023, 09:56 PM
Those guys don't want full time commitments. They've made their money and don't need anymore enough to commit to not doing what they want to do for 12 months a year.

Wonder if Oswalt would come help out the rest of the season. Just to help ur pitchers. He's in Starkville isn't he? I bet he'd know when to make moves, better calls on pitching choice

Homedawg
05-02-2023, 10:31 PM
Just read the 247 article from 2018 when he committed. He spoke well of foxhall and lemonis, but said that when he de committed from Ohio state in the summer of 2018 it was Cheese who first reached out to him, for whatever that's worth.

Interestingly, how three finalists were us, Bama, and wake forest.

It doesn't matter but foxhall got him.

Homedawg
05-02-2023, 10:33 PM

Pipe dream. No

Homedawg
05-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Wonder if Oswalt would come help out the rest of the season. Just to help ur pitchers. He's in Starkville isn't he? I bet he'd know when to make moves, better calls on pitching choice

No. No he won't. He want to hunt, fish and figure out how to manage his money.

TheLostDawg
05-02-2023, 10:36 PM

Haha well hopefully he's gotten his turkey so nothing left to hunt. Maybe he'll be willing to fill in for a month then get back to fishing

StarkVegasSteve
05-02-2023, 10:48 PM
Haha well hopefully he's gotten his turkey so nothing left to hunt. Maybe he'll be willing to fill in for a month then get back to fishing

We'd have to work practice and games around the 44 Prime Happy Hour schedule for Roy to even consider it

Todd4State
05-02-2023, 11:01 PM
If we hire a former player as PC it's probably going to be Chris Young.

And I doubt we hire Chris Young.

I think we're going to throw a lot of money at Muscara and if he says no go after someone like Ostrander or someone at Dallas Baptist.

Pancho
05-03-2023, 05:58 AM
Much will hinge on whether Lemo is still the HC after the end of May. Then Selmon has to contend with a HC search which will consist of other HC's and top assistants who are involved in regionals/Supers and Omaha. Shaping up for some Juicy times

TheLostDawg
05-03-2023, 07:16 AM
If we hire a former player as PC it's probably going to be Chris Young.

And I doubt we hire Chris Young.

I think we're going to throw a lot of money at Muscara and if he says no go after someone like Ostrander or someone at Dallas Baptist.

I'm just talking about for the rest of the season. Not permanent

basedog
05-03-2023, 07:32 AM
I'm pretty certain and guessing that there want be a PC coached named for the remaining few games. Regardless, if Lemonis is back or gone it's a wait see till season ends. I feel Lemonis and Selman's meeting when discussing Foxhall, the subject of Lemonis's future was brought up and told what to expect for remaining games. It's still a business, Lemonis knows he is on an extremely hot seat with no guarantee for next year.

viverlibre
05-03-2023, 08:42 AM
Much will hinge on whether Lemo is still the HC after the end of May. Then Selmon has to contend with a HC search which will consist of other HC's and top assistants who are involved in regionals/Supers and Omaha. Shaping up for some Juicy times

He will be the coach in 2024, unless we get swept in all three remaining series (and may be back even with that).

Coach34
05-03-2023, 09:16 AM
Yeah I havent heard anything about us firing him at this point

confucius say
05-03-2023, 09:41 AM
It doesn't matter but foxhall got him.

That's what I had always been told.

WSOPdawg
05-03-2023, 05:19 PM
He will be the coach in 2024, unless we get swept in all three remaining series (and may be back even with that).

Do not discount this possibility.

DownwardDawg
05-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Do not discount this possibility.

It's pretty likely at this point. Regardless, if I were AD, my decision would already be made. Whatever that decision is.

Quaoarsking
05-03-2023, 05:39 PM
It's pretty likely at this point. Regardless, if I were AD, my decision would already be made. Whatever that decision is.

Agreed, and the decision should be "make a Regional and keep your job, otherwise fired" as it should have been before the season started

basedog
05-03-2023, 05:42 PM
Agreed, and the decision should be "make a Regional and keep your job, otherwise fired" as it should have been before the season started

The next 9 Sec games will decide Lemonis future at MSU.

Homedawg
05-03-2023, 06:16 PM

If that's the actual case he gone. Last 9 aren't gonna be pretty

TNDawg35
05-03-2023, 06:57 PM

Ha! Looks like you may wrong? again?

Homedawg
05-03-2023, 08:06 PM

I didn't realize we had named him as our pitching coach.... but thanks for pointing out all the times I've been wrong. I'll put my record of right and wrong against anyone on this board.

Coach34
05-03-2023, 09:04 PM

No it wont. Lemonizik has been the CWS in 2 of his 4 seasons. We arent firing him. He will get another year if we go 0-9. I'm 95% sure of it.

He has another highly rated recruiting class. He will get 1 more year

viverlibre
05-03-2023, 09:09 PM
No it wont. Lemonizik has been the CWS in 2 of his 4 seasons. We arent firing him. He will get another year if we go 0-9. I'm 95% sure of it.

Concur.

SpaceBully
05-04-2023, 01:19 AM
Thankfully, that is our best defensive position
<sarcasm font>

Hope you're not talking about this year.

Todd4State
05-04-2023, 02:01 AM

You're basing this off of a tweet where Oswalt tweeted a picture of Bully? LOL.

I mean there is no reason for MSU to not announce him as interim PC if that is indeed the case but I'm pretty sure if that's what Lemonis wanted to do he would have said so on Monday.

Todd4State
05-04-2023, 02:07 AM

If he goes 0-9 we'll see what the big boosters have to say about that. A lot of them are not happy. And I don't think firing Foxhall while needed is a get out of jail free card for Chris.

Personally I think he is most likely coming back as long as we look somewhat decent and win a few games. But 0-9 I think they would pull the trigger.

I may be completely wrong about this- but I think the pitching is going get better. At least if we manage the staff better it would be an improvement. We've lost by my unofficial count 8 games because of Foxhall's asshat-ery.

Pancho
05-04-2023, 06:48 AM
Was Fox in charge of when to make a pitch change?

basedog
05-04-2023, 08:32 AM

95% is strong, 0-9 and I'm 100% sure he is gone.

basedog
05-04-2023, 08:44 AM
If he goes 0-9 we'll see what the big boosters have to say about that. A lot of them are not happy. And I don't think firing Foxhall while needed is a get out of jail free card for Chris.

Personally I think he is most likely coming back as long as we look somewhat decent and win a few games. But 0-9 I think they would pull the trigger.

I may be completely wrong about this- but I think the pitching is going get better. At least if we manage the staff better it would be an improvement. We've lost by my unofficial count 8 games because of Foxhall's asshat-ery.

And the words I heard were Lemonis will be back only IF we don't have a "meltdown". Now is that 0-9 or misses Sec tourney?

The Federalist Engineer
05-04-2023, 09:51 AM
95% is strong, 0-9 and I'm 100% sure he is gone.

Rough Order Probably of Wins

0-9, 15% Chance
---------------------------- 100% Gone
1-8, 25%
2-7, 25%
-----------------------------50% Gone (7-23 SEC Record)
3-6, 15%
4-5, 10%
-----------------------------25% Gone (9-21 SEC Record)
5-4, 5%
-----------------------------10% Gone (11-19 SEC Record)
6-3, 2%
---------------------------- 0% Gone but On PIP into 2024 (12-18 SEC Record)
7-2, 1%
-----------------------------0% Gone and No PIP heading into 2024
8-1, Trivial
9-0, Trivial

Todd4State
05-04-2023, 11:04 AM
And the words I heard were Lemonis will be back only IF we don't have a "meltdown". Now is that 0-9 or misses Sec tourney?

Which is a good question because only the people that have the money really know.

Todd4State
05-04-2023, 11:05 AM
Rough Order Probably of Wins

0-9, 15% Chance
---------------------------- 100% Gone
1-8, 25%
2-7, 25%
-----------------------------50% Gone (7-23 SEC Record)
3-6, 15%
4-5, 10%
-----------------------------25% Gone (9-21 SEC Record)
5-4, 5%
-----------------------------10% Gone (11-19 SEC Record)
6-3, 2%
---------------------------- 0% Gone but On PIP into 2024 (12-18 SEC Record)
7-2, 1%
-----------------------------0% Gone and No PIP heading into 2024
8-1, Trivial
9-0, Trivial

I agree with all of this

State82
05-04-2023, 12:32 PM
And the words I heard were Lemonis will be back only IF we don't have a "meltdown".

I wonder what they consider "meltdown"? In my book this season and last would qualify. Reminds me of Clark Griswold when he said, "Worse? How can it get any worse? Look around you Ellen, we are at the threshold of hell!"

Coach34
05-04-2023, 12:41 PM
well, we currently have a winning record of 24-20. 9 SEC games and 2 OOC. Go 2-7 in SEC and win OOC- finish 28-27 overall. Probably gonna take 3 more SEC wins to make Hoover

StarkVegasSteve
05-04-2023, 12:45 PM
Lemonis is going to be back unless we are absolutely embarrassed in all 9 games.

Coach34
05-04-2023, 12:46 PM
Lemonis is going to be back unless we are absolutely embarrassed in all 9 games.

This

sandjunky
05-04-2023, 01:52 PM
I guess the last 100 games haven?t been embarrassing enough so we?ll wait and see if these last 12 games embarrass us more

Such a Mississippi State mindset

StarkVegasSteve
05-04-2023, 03:56 PM
I guess the last 100 games haven?t been embarrassing enough so we?ll wait and see if these last 12 games embarrass us more

Such a Mississippi State mindset

I do not disagree. Hell I wanted him fired last year because you could see this coming in the Fall of 21. I am just telling you what I know to be true.

KOdawg1
05-04-2023, 04:48 PM

Which is the right call imo.