PDA

View Full Version : I got to give it to the GusBus

Coach34
11-30-2013, 06:15 PM
he has been very innovative in the run game this season. Done a great job at Auburn using what he has.

Mullen needs to do some of the same. We will be so good at QB and RB next year- and have adequate WR's to supplement the run game. Our offense made some real strides this year- moving from 80th to 54th currently in ypg- even with the QB injuries. We need to continue to move forward.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Also to Ellis Johnson- he has really rebounded and done a good job this year

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 06:18 PM
I was WAY off on auburn. Not only are they good...but they get better every week. This is not even close to being the same team we played earlier this year. They have gotten better every single week, and are a few breaks today from a possible National championship appearance.

You think Gus will be like Freeze, where his gimmick offense will be figured out after a year or two in this league? Or will he be able to adjust and adapt and keep them performing at a level like this?

TXDawg
11-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Auburn still won't be allowed to play for the MNC with one loss if FSU and OSU are both undefeated. SEC needs BAMA to win this one if they want to keep their streak alive.

bluelightstar
11-30-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm a big fan of Malzahn not trying to do something he doesn't have the personnel to do.

Will James
11-30-2013, 06:28 PM
I gotta give it to their hype system. I'm hearing non stop frenzy music with the crowd insane. The players absolutely feed off that.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Auburn still won't be allowed to play for the MNC with one loss if FSU and OSU are both undefeated. SEC needs BAMA to win this one if they want to keep their streak alive.

Yea, my bad, let me clarify.... I feel like Michigan state will beat Ohio State, so I think auburn could sneak in against FSU with a win today and in the SEC Championship.

engie
11-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Gus has proven it multiple times in the SEC already with a great variety of personnel... I think he has had one offense ever finish outside the top 25 in total O since he first became a(true) coordinator about 07 at Tulsa...

Will James
**** Bama. Go Barners.

thf24
You think Gus will be like Freeze, where his gimmick offense will be figured out after a year or two in this league? Or will he be able to adjust and adapt and keep them performing at a level like this?

I think that Malzahn's offense is just as gimmicky as Freeze's if not more, but the difference is that Malzahn is a great playcaller and Freeze isn't. Malzahn has kept his offense viable at worst a total of four years in the SEC (albeit with a one year break in between), while Freeze's was sputtering halfway through year 2.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2013, 06:36 PM
The only difference between the gimmicks of Auburn's offense and OM' is that Auburn has a power running back and a QB that's fast as hell.

OM has neither.

TXDawg
11-30-2013, 06:43 PM
**** Bama. Go Barners.

Suck it "Barners". I'll never forgive you for the Cam situation.

Todd4State
11-30-2013, 07:39 PM
I think that Malzahn's offense is just as gimmicky as Freeze's if not more, but the difference is that Malzahn is a great playcaller and Freeze isn't. Malzahn has kept his offense viable at worst a total of four years in the SEC (albeit with a one year break in between), while Freeze's was sputtering halfway through year 2.

Big difference between Mahlzahn and Freeze- Mahlzahn has a lot more variety with his offense in formation and play calls.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2013, 09:42 PM
Mahlzahn is a offensive genius. That's all.