PDA

View Full Version : LOL C34

msu15
04-27-2023, 10:42 PM
So much for that great QB prospect known as Will Levis lolololollllll.

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2023, 10:44 PM

Levis could pitch for us

BeardoMSU
04-27-2023, 10:55 PM

I mean, clearly a lot of folks missed on this one. Most drafts had him going as the #2 QB.

CJDAWG85
04-27-2023, 11:07 PM
Dumbest post ever. Brady went in the 6th round and Leaf went #2… literally does not matter where you are drafted.

Really Clark?
04-27-2023, 11:11 PM
And he still could end up being the best QB in this draft. Question marks on all of them really

thf24
04-27-2023, 11:14 PM
I mean, clearly a lot of folks missed on this one. Most drafts had him going as the #2 QB.

I think the groupthink snowball gained so much momentum that almost everyone second guessed themselves in the end. Evidence and intuition won out in the end among all those actually making picks.

DownwardDawg
04-27-2023, 11:15 PM
Dumbest post ever. Brady went in the 6th round and Leaf went #2? literally does not matter where you are drafted.

Not a dumb post at all. This is about the fact that we were told all season that Levis is a first round pick. Possibly top QB chosen. Levis was extremely average last year. He could be great someday, but he was never gonna be a first rounder.

Lord McBuckethead
04-27-2023, 11:21 PM
He is better than Richardson. That guy couldn?t run a peewee offense to victory.

Lord McBuckethead
04-27-2023, 11:22 PM
Not a dumb post at all. This is about the fact that we were told all season that Levis is a first round pick. Possibly top QB chosen. Levis was extremely average last year. He could be great someday, but he was never gonna be a first rounder.

He was barely better than average his entire college career.

Lord McBuckethead
04-27-2023, 11:23 PM
And he still could end up being the best QB in this draft. Question marks on all of them really

That he could, but other than 180 lb Bryce Young they all are not very good.

BeardoMSU
04-27-2023, 11:23 PM
I think the groupthink snowball gained so much momentum that almost everyone second guessed themselves in the end. Evidence and intuition won out in the end among all those actually making picks.

Absolutely. This year's Malik Willis.

parabrave
04-27-2023, 11:59 PM
He is better than Richardson. That guy couldn?t run a peewee offense to victory.

Yep I mean did they ever watch any of his college games??

99jc
04-28-2023, 03:07 AM
steal of the draft forbes at 16.

QuadrupleOption
04-28-2023, 08:40 AM

Most mock drafts are run by idiots then. Anyone with functioning eyes can tell you that Levis wasn't first round material. He might end up becoming a good QB in the NFL, but given his performance in the SEC it was obvious he wasn't there.

I feel the same way about Richardson. Tons of athletic ability, but he's not a good QB. Nothing in his actual performance merits being taken 4th overall.

Jarius
04-28-2023, 08:49 AM
Most mock drafts are run by idiots then. Anyone with functioning eyes can tell you that Levis wasn't first round material. He might end up becoming a good QB in the NFL, but given his performance in the SEC it was obvious he wasn't there.

I feel the same way about Richardson. Tons of athletic ability, but he's not a good QB. Nothing in his actual performance merits being taken 4th overall.

I just don't see any way that Levis becomes a decent NFL player. He wasn't even good at Kentucky. Like ever.

Commercecomet24
04-28-2023, 08:50 AM
Richardson looks like Jamarcus Russell 2.0

Coach34
04-28-2023, 08:58 AM
Dumbest post ever. Brady went in the 6th round and Leaf went #2… literally does not matter where you are drafted.

Exactly

bulldawg28
04-28-2023, 09:04 AM

Nooooooooo , the organization won't allow that to happen.

Commercecomet24
04-28-2023, 09:06 AM
Nooooooooo , the organization won't allow that to happen.

I just don't see him being a successful qb in the nfl.

Coach34
04-28-2023, 09:07 AM
Willis completed 61% of his passes at Liberty
Levis completed 65% of his passes at Kentucky
Richardson completed 54% of his passes at Fla

One of these is not like the others

Tbonewannabe
04-28-2023, 09:30 AM
I think Levis could be similar to Josh Allen. He could be good depending on the coaching.

99jc
04-28-2023, 09:31 AM

Dakota Prescott approves of this post!

PMDawg
04-28-2023, 09:57 AM
Nobody knows at this point. Not us, not the million mock drafts that got everything wrong, not the coaches and GMs who actually drafted last night, and not even the players themselves. Taking a victory lap here is....strange, at best.

DownwardDawg
04-28-2023, 10:39 AM
Nobody knows at this point. Not us, not the million mock drafts that got everything wrong, not the coaches and GMs who actually drafted last night, and not even the players themselves. Taking a victory lap here is....strange, at best.

Most posters in this thread are completely missing the whole point of this thread.

C34 told everyone that Levis was a lock to be a first rounder.
Levis was not a first rounder.

End of thread.

This isn't a jab at Coach from me. I love him posting here and respect his posts. Just pointing out the context of the thread.

parabrave
04-28-2023, 11:36 AM

Na Russell actually had talent and did accomplish something in college.

Commercecomet24
04-28-2023, 11:39 AM

I agree with that, although Richardson does have the measurables, same type of arm as Russell, is actually faster than Russell, though Russell was bigger. I meant more as an nfl player. I can't see Richardson succeeding as an nfl qb and being a big bust like Russell.

TrapGame
04-28-2023, 11:47 AM
Most posters in this thread are completely missing the whole point of this thread.

End of thread.

This isn't a jab at Coach from me. I love him posting here and respect his posts. Just pointing out the context of the thread.

This.

I disagreed with 34 about Levis too.

thf24
04-28-2023, 11:47 AM
I think Levis could be similar to Josh Allen. He could be good depending on the coaching.

Anything's possible, but I think there's a lot of recency bias in the Josh Allen comparisons. Who's the last QB prospect prior to Allen who was average to below in college and got better in the NFL? I think you'd have to go back quite a ways to find one. Just because we have that example fresh on the mind doesn't change the fact it's extremely unlikely to happen.

I'm not sure Levis to Allen as players is a great comparison, either. Allen had poor numbers as a veteran, but Levis' weren't that bad in the end as C34 pointed out. The knock on Levis is mostly the eye test - never put UK on his back for a win in two seasons, but crumbled under pressure and lost them games plenty of times. UK coaching was always reluctant to put the ball in his hands in big moments despite being a supposed top future draft pick. If you watch him play enough you have to conclude that he just lacks any semblance of an IT factor, and that's not something the NFL can just teach him.

TrapGame
04-28-2023, 11:51 AM

I wonder if some of the posters here were listening to the analysts last night when they were talking about Richardson looking like Captain America at the combine. He impressed a lot of scouts that day.

Lord McBuckethead
04-28-2023, 12:07 PM
steal of the draft forbes at 16.

Best pick of the Draft, Will Anderson.

parabrave
04-28-2023, 12:07 PM
I wonder if some of the posters here were listening to the analysts last night when they were talking about Richardson looking like Captain America at the combine. He impressed a lot of scouts that day.

Well the French Army looked mighty impressive at the 1938 Military Maneuvers also. I never got the hype on Richardson though. The best outlook on him came from Matt Mitchell on his latest short on SEC Spring games.

RisperDawg
04-28-2023, 12:52 PM

End of thread.

FR. Lot of goalpost moving going on. He may be a great quarterback, but that's a different discussion.

R2Dawg
04-28-2023, 12:58 PM

End of thread.

This is where 2/3 of the threads go bad on here - staying with topic or reading comprehension. People too often argue a point that no one was making. To the hammer, everything is a nail approach.

TrapGame
04-28-2023, 01:37 PM
Well the French Army looked mighty impressive at the 1938 Military Maneuvers also. I never got the hype on Richardson though. The best outlook on him came from Matt Mitchell on his latest short on SEC Spring games.

What was the French Army's vertical and forty time? ****

EdwardDrayton
04-28-2023, 01:50 PM

Oof that's harsh 24! LOL!!

BeardoMSU
04-28-2023, 01:51 PM
Willis completed 61% of his passes at Liberty
Levis completed 65% of his passes at Kentucky
Richardson completed 54% of his passes at Fla

One of these is not like the others

I was referring to both dropping in the draft, not comparing their play, fwiw.

TrapGame
04-28-2023, 03:48 PM
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2023/04/28/report-will-levis-will-not-attend-second-night-of-the-draft-after-falling-out-of-1st-round/

Will Levis says eff it. He's not staying for 2nd round.

parabrave
04-28-2023, 04:31 PM
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2023/04/28/report-will-levis-will-not-attend-second-night-of-the-draft-after-falling-out-of-1st-round/

Will Levis says eff it. He's not staying for 2nd round.

Dam which one is hotter the Sister or GF? And unless ESPN was paying my son a Mil to be there he wouldn't show unless he had a contract ready to sign.

SpaceWranglerDawg
04-28-2023, 06:09 PM
Levis is not a top 5 prospect like he was getting hyped up to be. Rosen got the same hype. Trubisky. Paxton Lynch. They do this every year with certain guys.

For all i know he's a hall of fame quarterback, but it seems like he's falling to a spot that people will be willing to spend a pick on. He's a 2nd/3rd round guy, at least that's how it seems.

Vandownbytheriver
04-28-2023, 06:27 PM
Levis got the best spot of the QBs in the draft. I wouldn't have spent a top 10 pick on any of them. The others just don't seem like nfl QBs to me. AR15 is this years Malik Willis. Stroud is Justin Fields. Young is RG3. I have no faith in any of them, but at least Levis can sit for a season or two and won't get killed like the other 3 are going to.

msstate7
04-28-2023, 06:29 PM
Levis got the best spot of the QBs in the draft. I wouldn't have spent a top 10 pick on any of them. The others just don't seem like nfl QBs to me. AR15 is this years Malik Willis. Stroud is Justin Fields. Young is RG3. I have no faith in any of them, but at least Levis can sit for a season or two and won't get killed like the other 3 are going to.

I liked stroud and young, but stroud being a moron made me sour on him. I still think young will be good, but I really hope I'm wrong as a saints fan. Love Tenn picking Levis. Not sure he'll succeed, but as a 2nd rounder, he's a great pick

Coach34
04-28-2023, 06:52 PM
Perfect spot for Levis- the Titans. He will be their QB by next season at the latest

RiverCityDawg
04-28-2023, 07:16 PM
Perfect spot for Levis- the Titans. He will be their QB by next season at the latest

He already sort of looks like Tannehill... Won't be near as good.

Coach34
04-28-2023, 07:19 PM
He already sort of looks like Tannehill... Won't be near as good.

He's probably better than Tannehill right now- he just needs NFL experience.

SpaceWranglerDawg
04-28-2023, 08:08 PM

Lol, shouldn't be much of a hurdle to pass Tannehill and Willis...

DownwardDawg
04-28-2023, 09:02 PM

I like it. I'm slowly starting to like the Titans.

CaptainObvious
04-28-2023, 10:09 PM
I like it. I'm slowly starting to like the Titans.

We definitely need a new Regional Team.
The Saints are back to being the Aints!
The Cowboys are?.. well?. the COW boys!

Maybe St. Louis will finally get that new Stadium built and get the Panthers.

Vandownbytheriver
04-29-2023, 06:35 AM
I liked stroud and young, but stroud being a moron made me sour on him. I still think young will be good, but I really hope I'm wrong as a saints fan. Love Tenn picking Levis. Not sure he'll succeed, but as a 2nd rounder, he's a great pick

Agree completely. My concern with Young is his size and his line at Carolina. He's not big or fast enough to do some of the stuff he did at Bama consistently and stay healthy. The history with OSU and Bama QBs transitioning to the nfl also would make me hesitant to take them that high. This years group of "elite" QBs just don't seem great to me. I think on the right team Young had the best shot to be successful, but I don't think Carolina is that place right now. He seems like a good kid too, just don't think he will be healthy long term for them.