Coach34
11-30-2013, 03:59 PM
looks like we are headed to the Bourbon Bowl

Music City wants someone other than Vandy- so that's OM
Liberty will have to take 8 win Vandy over us. Slive will step in here
Bourbon Bowl where the 5-stars come to play- State

engie
11-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Good! We've got 6-7 offers out to Hoover High guys in the next 2 classes... Give them an extra chance to see what they could come do for us together as a group

starkvegasdawg
11-30-2013, 04:06 PM
It's still a bowl and I'm still thrilled. It could have been the 2,000 flushes tidy bowl and I would be just as happy.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2013, 04:12 PM
The Liberty bowl will be terribly disappointed. They want MSU 100%.

Tbonewannabe
11-30-2013, 04:13 PM

Works for me, Birmingham is the one bowl my wife can go to due to work.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 04:13 PM
No doubt. Keeping the bowl streak alive was imperative for us.

We get to rest some hurt guys- but also get to work with all of our younger guys for an entire week with the focus on them. More reps for Wilson, Clayborne, Cleveland, Williams, etc...

ScottH
11-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Ga Tech over UGA could monkey wrench this a bit.

Cause then:
Van 8-4 (with a win over UGA)
UGA 7-5 (with a loss to Vandy)
UM 7-5 (with a win over Vandy and loss to MSU)
MSU 6-6 (witha win over UM)

Problem is no one wants Vandy.
Other than Compass. And they are just happy to be getting ANY SEC team.

Bothrops
11-30-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm just so damn happy to go to a bowl! Will be there!

Coach34
11-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Ga Tech over UGA could monkey wrench this a bit.

Cause then:
Van 8-4 (with a win over UGA)
UGA 7-5 (with a loss to Vandy)
UM 7-5 (with a win over Vandy and loss to MSU)
MSU 6-6 (witha win over UM)

Problem is no one wants Vandy.
Other than Compass. And they are just happy to be getting ANY SEC team.

I dont think it matters- Gator is gonna take Georgia over Vandy regardless

Tbonewannabe
11-30-2013, 04:21 PM
I dont think it matters- Gator is gonna take Georgia over Vandy regardless

Looking at the stands at Vandy today makes me wonder how long Franklin will be there. They had larger empty spots in their stands than we did on Thanksgiving day.

MaroonDawg4Life
11-30-2013, 04:30 PM
thats very sad. they need to go back to winning 3 a year and then look at what they had with franklin and supported him and the team.

cbrunt29
11-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Any ideas on who we might be facing?

WinningIsRelentless
11-30-2013, 04:52 PM

Better wait till the end of that ga vs tech game. If tech wins we get liberty

thf24
11-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Are we sure Slive won't try to actually work something in our favor in this scenario? As much as he doesn't like us, he's got to know that we're going to travel the best out of the three.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Better wait till the end of that ga vs tech game. If tech wins we get liberty

how so?

Gator still gonna take Georgia over Vandy

HailState39110
11-30-2013, 04:56 PM

Unless Auburn beats Bama ,TAMU beatsMissouri , and South Carolina beats Auburn in the SECCG . This would only put 1 SEC team in the BCS for the first time ever and put us in Shreveport

Bothrops
11-30-2013, 04:57 PM
thats very sad. they need to go back to winning 3 a year and then look at what they had with franklin and supported him and the team.

That is pathetic, especially since they are in the largest metro area of any SEC school. Pitiful support, and with their record, they should be ashamed.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Well, with Ga's QB out I guess there could be a possibility of the Gator taking Vandy

Coach34
11-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Unless Auburn beats Bama ,TAMU beatsMissouri , and South Carolina beats Auburn in the SECCG . This would only put 1 SEC team in the BCS for the first time ever and put us in Shreveport

Bama's not losing to Auburn.

WinningIsRelentless
11-30-2013, 05:03 PM
how so?

Gator still gonna take Georgia over Vandy

No gator could take ole miss since ga is without starting qb. They aren't nearly a sure pick for a bowl with the whipping they are taking now.

Coach34
Are we sure Slive won't try to actually work something in our favor in this scenario? As much as he doesn't like us, he's got to know that we're going to travel the best out of the three.

He may want to- but a 6 win team is not going to jump an 8 win team in bowl slots- nor should they

CooterDavenport
Good! We've got 6-7 offers out to Hoover High guys in the next 2 classes... Give them an extra chance to see what they could come do for us together as a group

This is a very good point.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 05:06 PM
No gator could take ole miss since ga is without starting qb. They aren't nearly a sure pick for a bowl with the whipping they are taking now.

Yeah, I guess that could happen.

Ole Miss would be beyond lucky. It's bad enough they got a Cotton Bowl out of an 8-4 season....but a Gator Bowl at 7-5 would suck as well.

deltadawg99
11-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Here is what I'm thinking:
Vandy to Gator
UGA to Music City
OM to Liberty
MSU to BBVA

bluelightstar
11-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Well, with Ga's QB out I guess there could be a possibility of the Gator taking Vandy

Gator does everything possible not to take Vandy. You're right, they absolutely want Georgia.

thf24
11-30-2013, 05:11 PM
He may want to- but a 6 win team is not going to jump an 8 win team in bowl slots- nor should they

I was thinking along the lines of coaxing Music City into taking Vandy despite being there last year as that would be Vandy's only shot at a decent crowd, allowing Liberty to take us and sending Ole Miss to Birmingham. I know that's the most wishful of thinking, but I think it's possible.

thf24
11-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Here is what I'm thinking:
Vandy to Gator
UGA to Music City
OM to Liberty
MSU to BBVA

I think between us and Ole Miss, Liberty takes us. The hard part in my mind is getting Vandy or Georgia out of the picture.

messageboardsuperhero
11-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I guess that could happen.

Ole Miss would be beyond lucky. It's bad enough they got a Cotton Bowl out of an 8-4 season....but a Gator Bowl at 7-5 would suck as well.

No, they got two Cotton Bowls in a row from back-to-back 8-4 seasons. That is ridiculously lucky.

Will James
11-30-2013, 05:25 PM
I wonder if momentum will be the deciding factor in Liberty talks. Excited vs dejected fanbase has to account for $$$$

ScottH
11-30-2013, 05:28 PM
There aren't many certainties other than no one wants Vandy.

“In the case of Vanderbilt, I’m not sure that would be the best fit for either us or Vanderbilt,” MCB Bowl President Scott Ramsey said.

BogeyGolfer
11-30-2013, 05:34 PM
I'm two hours from Legion Field and the Liberty Bowl, I'll take either for a day trip.

BulldogBear
11-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Personally I hope somehow or another we land in Liberty. My best friend since 9th grade is an Autozone executive. That translates to great seats and other percs. I've been hopin' for another Liberty Bowl berth when we don't make a better bowl.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 05:35 PM
There aren't many certainties other than no one wants Vandy.

“In the case of Vanderbilt, I’m not sure that would be the best fit for either us or Vanderbilt,” MCB Bowl President Scott Ramsey said.

Georgia is not a must-have with no QB either.

BulldogBear
11-30-2013, 05:42 PM
What really needs to happen is coaxing Gator to take Vandy (they deserve it) if GT wins. Then maybe somehow Ole Miss ends up in Music City, us in Liberty and UGa in B'ham. it's hard to find a scenario that Music City retreading Vandy and/or BBVA doing the same with Rebels. Perhaps maybe if they really loved having Ole Miss last year. IIRC they traveled to it well.

thf24
11-30-2013, 05:54 PM
What really needs to happen is coaxing Gator to take Vandy (they deserve it) if GT wins. Then maybe somehow Ole Miss ends up in Music City, us in Liberty and UGa in B'ham. it's hard to find a scenario that Music City retreading Vandy and/or BBVA doing the same with Rebels. Perhaps maybe if they really loved having Ole Miss last year. IIRC they traveled to it well.

BBVA won't have a choice if Ole Miss is all that's left. All that needs to happen for a favorable scenario for us is for Gator or Music City to get Vandy out of the way.

Quaoarsking
11-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Any ideas on who we might be facing?

The other tie-in for the BBVA Compass is AAC #5. Right now there are only 4 bowl-eligible AAC teams (UCF, Louisville, Cincinnati, and Houston). SMU and Rutgers are both sitting on 5-6 with SMU playing UCF next week (probably lose) and Rutgers playing USF next week (probably win).

So mostly likely a 6-6 Rutgers team would be our opponent, since 4th place Houston is 8-4 and shouldn't drop below Rutgers, or possibly SMU if they upset UCF.
If they both lose, it could be anyone, but the ACC and Pac-12 both have more eligible teams than tie-ins, so probably someone like North Carolina or Pittsburgh, or even Oregon State or Wazzu. If all of the above reject the BBVA Compass Bowl then we could be left with somebody like Toledo or Western Kentucky.

BulldogBear
11-30-2013, 06:28 PM
BBVA won't have a choice if Ole Miss is all that's left. All that needs to happen for a favorable scenario for us is for Gator or Music City to get Vandy out of the way.

True but Liberty and BBVA may kind of "work things out" so BBVA doesn't get Ole Miss again. They do that kind of stuff sometimes. It's not like the Liberty wouldn't want Ole Miss at all. I think they'd love to get one of MSU, Rebs, or Tennessee every year.

TXDawg
11-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Any chance we play ULL in any bowl scenario? That would be interesting to see Mullen v Hud. I'm sure a significant portion of our fan base would be conflicted. ***

Will James
11-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Any chance we play ULL in any bowl scenario? That would be interesting to see Mullen v Hud. I'm sure a significant portion of our fan base would be conflicted. ***

That is sooooooooooo 3 days ago.

TXDawg
11-30-2013, 06:40 PM
That is sooooooooooo 3 days ago.

Sorry, dude. I haven't been hanging on this board every minute since our win Thursday night. How about providing an actual answer?

Bubb Rubb
11-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Bama's not losing to Auburn.

Oops...

Coach34
11-30-2013, 07:52 PM
yeahhhhhhhh, I called that too soon for sure