PDA

View Full Version : Colorado debacle

Cowbell
04-26-2023, 09:35 PM
Any of you guys paying attention to Prime and the s-storm going on in Boulder? It's not a good look. I don't agree with kicking scholarship players to the curb if they are fulfilling their requirements.

https://coloradobuffaloeswire.usatoday.com/lists/departing-colorado-players-parent-saying-deion-sanders-roster-purge-buffs-football/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0bcLyA4TSTM8cHTKZucP-r_5cGweEMyC9HkvWGDltcIFnpG7uWj6F9qis

DownwardDawg
04-26-2023, 09:41 PM
They are going to get slaughtered this fall.

parabrave
04-26-2023, 09:46 PM
Sounds like Prime is going to rebuild that team with a bunch of Southern and Texas players.

msstate7
04-26-2023, 09:47 PM
I'm confused on what's happening... one of the quotes says they had to cut 5 olinemen, which implies they have too many. There's another part of the article that implies they won't have enough players... it's 11 vs 11 in fall.

Cowbell
04-26-2023, 10:07 PM
I'm confused on what's happening... one of the quotes says they had to cut 5 olinemen, which implies they have too many. There's another part of the article that implies they won't have enough players... it's 11 vs 11 in fall.

They are making room....at an unprecedented level. This means he most likely has his guys already. Since tampering isn't a thing anymore...

Lord McBuckethead
04-26-2023, 10:25 PM
It will work for year 2. This year May be rough. But once it works everyone will start doing it.

Does those OL need a place to land?

The Federalist Engineer
04-26-2023, 11:03 PM
It's a clown show in Boulder. It's not like the players are just bad. They looked like a disorganized high school team. I think Croom is probably a coaching upgrade on Deon Sanders. Straight Up.

You have a grown man in ridiculous outfits and his name on his clothes "prime" on everything. This is just sad and dumb. I saw some grown fans walking around with $75, cheap looking, "prime" hoodies on Saturday.

In 15 months, only people in "prime" hoodies will be homeless Denver crackheads.

https://images.footballfanatics.com/colorado-buffaloes/mens-deion-sanders-black-colorado-buffaloes-coach-prime-pullover-hoodie_pi5272000_altimages_ff_5272258-53323c1ad4cd7bf04325alt1_full.jpg?_hv=2&w=900

ZedFedder
04-26-2023, 11:11 PM
I mean, they went 1-11 last year. He?s going to improve on that in year 1, even if he only has 60 players.

smootness
04-26-2023, 11:37 PM
I mean, dude is doing exactly what he said he would. You can argue it?s not right or smart, but you can not say he is being dishonest.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-27-2023, 06:40 AM
I mean, dude is doing exactly what he said he would. You can argue it?s not right or smart, but you can not say he is being dishonest.

He is dishonest. He told everybody he had these transfers coming in named Louis. I have not seen a guy with that name yet. Louis must be a good player though because Deion keeps talking about him.

AlSwearengen
04-27-2023, 07:00 AM
He can have a bad year next year but I don’t think he can afford to have 2 bad seasons. Or he has to show marked improvement in season 2 and win more than lose in season 3.

He can’t afford to lose momentum or he risks losing his “shine”. His good assistants won’t be that much better like they were in the SWAC.

I’m going to have to see it to believe it.

Leroy Jenkins
04-27-2023, 07:23 AM
It's a damn narcissistic circus. He has that "Prime 21" logo on everything, 10x more prevalent than the actual CU school logo. They are so enamored with the idea of being relevant that they don't realize he's fleecing the entire school, community, and fan base. Looks like 40+ players have figured it out in the last 2 weeks.

confucius say
04-27-2023, 07:28 AM

Meh. He said he would cut 25. 51 have left.
We'll see how it works. I think his staff is pretty good, but he also had the best staff AND the most talented roster by a wide margin every game they played the last two years at JSU and still lost. It will be interesting to watch. I think they are 2-10/3-9 this year.

basedog
04-27-2023, 07:51 AM
Time will tell, but CU is a bad football program, 1-11 last year. Times have changed in college sports, it's a business now days, I hope he does well.

Homedawg
04-27-2023, 07:54 AM
Any of you guys paying attention to Prime and the s-storm going on in Boulder? It's not a good look. I don't agree with kicking scholarship players to the curb if they are fulfilling their requirements.

https://coloradobuffaloeswire.usatoday.com/lists/departing-colorado-players-parent-saying-deion-sanders-roster-purge-buffs-football/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0bcLyA4TSTM8cHTKZucP-r_5cGweEMyC9HkvWGDltcIFnpG7uWj6F9qis

Then you don't agree w every school in America. They all do it.

KentuckyDawg13
04-27-2023, 08:01 AM
It is.

Total failure on Colorado's part. Or should I say "Prime University". :-/

smootness
04-27-2023, 08:06 AM
He is dishonest. He told everybody he had these transfers coming in named Louis. I have not seen a guy with that name yet. Louis must be a good player though because Deion keeps talking about him.

Please tell me you are joking.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-27-2023, 08:12 AM
Please tell me you are joking.

I left off the sarcasterics because I assumed everyone would know I was joking.

Apoplectic
04-27-2023, 08:27 AM
Lot of snowflakes in this thread - when saban does it then it?s ok I guess

SpaceWranglerDawg
04-27-2023, 08:28 AM
He's not a good coach. He just runs the circus. This thing is going to be a train wreck.

Leroy Jenkins
04-27-2023, 08:35 AM
Lot of snowflakes in this thread - when saban does it then it?s ok I guess

I don't give a shit if Deion starts off with a new 85 every year. It's the way he goes about it that is going to bite CU in the ass.

TheLostDawg
04-27-2023, 09:01 AM

That's because he couldn't say arch or everyone would know who it is.
That's only if Arch isn't named starting qb. Seems arch isn't accepting anything unless he's starting qb. Not taking nil so he doesn't get locked in. Going to be interesting

HailState2008
04-27-2023, 09:01 AM
It's a clown show in Boulder. It's not like the players are just bad. They looked like a disorganized high school team. I think Croom is probably a coaching upgrade on Deon Sanders. Straight Up.

You have a grown man in ridiculous outfits and his name on his clothes "prime" on everything. This is just sad and dumb. I saw some grown fans walking around with $75, cheap looking, "prime" hoodies on Saturday.

In 15 months, only people in "prime" hoodies will be homeless Denver crackheads.

https://images.footballfanatics.com/colorado-buffaloes/mens-deion-sanders-black-colorado-buffaloes-coach-prime-pullover-hoodie_pi5272000_altimages_ff_5272258-53323c1ad4cd7bf04325alt1_full.jpg?_hv=2&w=900

Lol. I see that you?re a very angry individual.

TheLostDawg
04-27-2023, 09:02 AM
And I'm being sarcastic about him going to Colorado. Just going to go ahead and make that clear before the over reactions start

Lord McBuckethead
04-27-2023, 09:08 AM
Prime is going to win. He will get better players through the portal than all of those leaving. He will flip 5/8 of the entire roster over, which he needed to do. Luckily he is doing this with the transfer portal. It is rather easy to get an entirely new squad year to year at the moment.
Last I heard there was like 3000 players in the portal, correct? Most of those will not have a place to land. He only needs 50 upgrades to make a much better team. Hell Ole Miss had like 20 last year, right?

confucius say
04-27-2023, 10:31 AM
Prime is going to win. He will get better players through the portal than all of those leaving. He will flip 5/8 of the entire roster over, which he needed to do. Luckily he is doing this with the transfer portal. It is rather easy to get an entirely new squad year to year at the moment.
Last I heard there was like 3000 players in the portal, correct? Most of those will not have a place to land. He only needs 50 upgrades to make a much better team. Hell Ole Miss had like 20 last year, right?

Yes, OM did and they got worse on both sides of the ball despite an easier schedule.
The chemistry piece matters too, along with hitting in the portal. We will see how it works out.

TrapGame
04-27-2023, 10:39 AM
Yes, OM did and they got worse on both sides of the ball despite an easier schedule.
The chemistry piece matters too, along with hitting in the portal. We will see how it works out.

OM's defense was a paper tiger with several of those portal players. They got lucky in a few of those early games.

Prime inherited a really bad team. It's going to take him a couple of years to show some progress. If he wins 6 games next year, he should be up for COTY.

BrunswickDawg
04-27-2023, 10:52 AM
Lets see......

When Sly Croom was hired, MSU created merch off of his classic line "Maroon is all that Matters".
When Joe Moorhead was hired, MSU merch was created with "Moor Cowbell".
When Mike Leach was hired, MSU merch went Pirate crazy based on his Pirtate fetish.
How are those any different then Prime - who has been a recognized brand with Merch for over 30 years?

Since the end of the 2022 season, Ole Miss has lost 30 players to the portal.
While not as drastic, this is in year 4 of the Lane Kiffin era and after losing 23 after the 2021 season. Why is he considered a genius of the portal and Deon is ruining a 1-11 program?

parabrave
04-27-2023, 11:27 AM
Lets see......

When Sly Croom was hired, MSU created merch off of his classic line "Maroon is all that Matters".
When Mike Leach was hired, MSU merch went Pirate crazy based on his Pirtate fetish.
How are those any different then Prime - who has been a recognized brand with Merch for over 30 years?

While not as drastic, this is in year 4 of the Lane Kiffin era and after losing 23 after the 2021 season. Why is he considered a genius of the portal and Deon is ruining a 1-11 program?

Only one place to go for him.

confucius say
04-27-2023, 12:08 PM
Lets see......

I actually don't think Deion will continue to lose 50-55 players per year to the portal. I think this year is an outlier because he is trying to flip the roster. I think he will try to do more like 20 a year going forward.

As for Lane, he was gifted a 10-2 roster. I think his approach to the portal and roster development will leave him around 7-5/8-4, which is exactly where leach was with completely different approach.

confucius say
04-27-2023, 12:12 PM
OM's defense was a paper tiger with several of those portal players. They got lucky in a few of those early games.

Prime inherited a really bad team. It's going to take him a couple of years to show some progress. If he wins 6 games next year, he should be up for COTY.

He's going to have a MUCH more talented roster though, per him. He's brought in 5 and 4 and high 3 stars, including a 4 star qb.
I agree 6-6 would be phenomenal, but 3-9 should be the absolute floor.

BrunswickDawg
04-27-2023, 02:08 PM
I actually don't think Deion will continue to lose 50-55 players per year to the portal. I think this year is an outlier because he is trying to flip the roster. I think he will try to do more like 20 a year going forward.

As for Lane, he was gifted a 10-2 roster. I think his approach to the portal and roster development will leave him around 7-5/8-4, which is exactly where leach was with completely different approach.

I agree completely. Deion HAD to flip that roster - and the portal lets him do it. I think what Lane is doing is problematic, and won't work for schools like OM and MSU. We have to build and develop. Quick fixes never last for programs like us.

Cowbell
04-27-2023, 03:21 PM
Then you don't agree w every school in America. They all do it.
I realize that but I don't agree with it. Especially when those players are cut having already won position battles - they are cut based on perception vs. future players. Cutting starters is a problem. If a kid worked hard enough to earn that scholarship, why should he lose it.

Lord McBuckethead
04-27-2023, 04:14 PM
Only one place to go for him.

exactly

Homedawg
04-27-2023, 04:37 PM
I realize that but I don't agree with it. Especially when those players are cut having already won position battles - they are cut based on perception vs. future players. Cutting starters is a problem. If a kid worked hard enough to earn that scholarship, why should he lose it.

Bc the coaches think they can get someone better. The player can leave on his own but you can't tell him to pack his bags? Works both ways. And like you, I don't like it. But it's the world w live in today. And college athletics is going to suffer for it.

SpaceWranglerDawg
04-27-2023, 05:16 PM
I just love seeing the massive egos collapse. That's what I'm looking forward to with this experiment.

Leroy Jenkins
04-27-2023, 05:45 PM
I just love seeing the massive egos collapse. That's what I'm looking forward to with this experiment.

He got 30mil out of them and he's using them to promote his merchandise. His ego will be fine, because when it blows up it will be "someone else's fault". Not the fact that for every 1 minute he spends coaching, he spends 10 minutes on his brand.

SpaceWranglerDawg
04-27-2023, 06:39 PM
He got 30mil out of them and he's using them to promote his merchandise. His ego will be fine, because when it blows up it will be "someone else's fault". Not the fact that for every 1 minute he spends coaching, he spends 10 minutes on his brand.

I can agree with that, it will definitely be somebody else fault when it crashes and burns.

defiantdog
04-27-2023, 07:48 PM
He's not a good coach. He just runs the circus. This thing is going to be a train wreck.
He's got some really good assistants. Time will tell but he surrounded himself with good coaches.

The Federalist Engineer
04-27-2023, 10:39 PM
Lol. I see that you?re a very angry individual.

The opposite, I'm a bulldog fan. I don't really give a damn.

I just have a nice stadium near my home, wish the team was alright. I take the kids, they just like to see Raphie and want to go home. I watch the games.

When the team sucks, it keeps traffic ok and manageable. I move a lot for work, next year I might be living by Bayern Munich or PSV Eindhoven. Never know. I just live here now.

SPMT
04-27-2023, 11:15 PM
Lets see......

100000%!!!!!!

Colorado would be complete idiots not to exploit Prime.

If they hired Saban or someone else can you say with a straight face that they wouldn?t exploit Saban?.? No you can?t.

At 1-11 why the 17 does it matter if he keeps one single player?! Clearly they (the team) are not of the winning caliber at that level.

coachnorm
04-30-2023, 02:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP9JXzTaGcM

I wonder what fellow elitedoggers think about this video?

DownwardDawg
04-30-2023, 03:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP9JXzTaGcM

I wonder what fellow elitedoggers think about this video?

NIL. That's what most posters here will say. That's what most have said all along. It's how he won at JSU and it's how he'll win or lose at Colorado. It'll be fun to watch him for sure!

Offshore Dawg
05-01-2023, 09:31 AM

At 1 and 11 they can't get much worse.

Kingbarkus
05-01-2023, 10:14 AM
I’ll bet Deion’s remaining toes will want to leave at season’s end.

BlackSailsDawg
05-01-2023, 12:24 PM
Personally, I don't care what he does there. How he does it, or why he is doing it. He isn't MSU. He has never been MSU. All he in regards to MSU was to learn the Air Raid.

SpaceBully
05-01-2023, 01:10 PM
I think he wins 3 games this year, then 4-5 games next year. After that, I'm not sure. He has a hellacious schedule for sure, but I think he takes down Nebraska, Colorado State, and Arizona.

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2023, 01:26 PM
If Deion wins 5 games this year with the schedule they have and the state of the roster he inherited 5 months ago then he won't be at Colorado very long. He'll be Pac 12 coach of the year and in consideration for national coach of the year. That's how bad that roster was.

CaptainObvious
05-02-2023, 06:10 PM
51 in the portal. I saw a headline that said 51 transfer outs most don?t have a place to go unless they go lower division. Some of them nobody would want if they are that scared of hard work and discipline.

bulldawg28
05-02-2023, 07:10 PM
51 in the portal. I saw a headline that said 51 transfer outs most don?t have a place to go unless they go lower division. Some of them nobody would want if they are that scared of hard work and discipline.

Exactly.

The Federalist Engineer
05-02-2023, 07:29 PM

Pretty extreme. I can tell you (as stated earlier in this thread) the spring game was a disaster. High School JV squad. Coaches yelling at players like they were 8 year olds.

It's a fact, they were collectively 1-11 in a horrible season. But they looked worse than any game I saw last year. Last year they would play stout for 2.5 quarters then things would spiral out of control. In the TCU game it was 6-7 at half time. Only down by 1 point. So, the plan was to not coach them up in the spring, create a clown show and show them up in the "big reveal" game?

It almost seems that only his son knew the plays. The other QBs looked like fans taking their first ever snap.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-02-2023, 07:47 PM
Deion is pissed at the NFL teams because only one HBCU player got drafted. When he was at JSU I didn?t see him recruiting a white cornerback from Starkville Academy. His shtick is getting old.

bulldawg28
05-02-2023, 07:52 PM
Deion is pissed at the NFL teams because only one HBCU player got drafted. When he was at JSU I didn?t see him recruiting a white cornerback from Starkville Academy. His shtick is getting old.

He had white players on his JSU team. What does a white corner have to do with anything?

Homedawg
05-02-2023, 08:00 PM

Only bc sa didn't have qb good enough for him to get better. It's pretty clear it's not about color w Deion or any other coach. They just want to win.

BulldogLarry
05-02-2023, 08:07 PM
It?s crazy how y?all have a crystal ball about everything on this board? wow

somebodyshotmypaw
05-02-2023, 08:40 PM
Only bc sa didn't have qb good enough for him to get better. It's pretty clear it's not about color w Deion or any other coach. They just want to win.

I agree with you. Same in the NFL. They only drafted one HBCU player because only one was draftable. You made my point.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-02-2023, 08:43 PM
He had white players on his JSU team. What does a white corner have to do with anything?

He wants the NFL to draft HBCU players even if they aren’t good enough to play in the NFL. So Deion should also be willing to recruit players that aren’t good enough to play college ball. Conversely, if Deion feels that he should be allowed to go after the best players that help him win, why does he have a problem when the NFL simply goes after the best players that help them win?

Pancho
05-02-2023, 11:41 PM

only 1 HBCU player was good enuf to be drafted and that is 1 more than there are white CB's. Deion is only worried about deion and not an HBCU. if he was then he'd have gone to school at one but they didn't pay as much as Free Shoes U did back in the day. He just playing with peoples emotions.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-03-2023, 05:58 AM
Deion is pissed at the NFL teams because only one HBCU player got drafted.

So Deion is mad that the NFL didn't draft more than one HBCU player when Deion took almost all of the NFL talent from the HBCU's with him to Colorado? What a hypocrite.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-03-2023, 06:24 AM
So Deion is mad that the NFL didn't draft more than one HBCU player when Deion took almost all of the NFL talent from the HBCU's with him to Colorado? What a hypocrite.

Exactly. He’s a hypocrite. He gets mad and screams racism at NFL teams when they ignore HBCU players that simply aren’t good enough. But he thinks it’s okay for him to ignore high school recruits that aren’t good enough, or to cut college players that aren’t good enough. Either merit should matter, or it should not. He needs to pick a side.

Leroy Jenkins
06-28-2023, 10:07 AM
Without looking.... anyone want to guess CU class ranking for '24?

viverlibre
06-28-2023, 10:18 AM
He's running it like the NFL. Players can transfer at will and are getting paid too. I bet his model works, it may take a few years, but it will work.

coachnorm
06-28-2023, 11:02 AM
The name of the game is TALENT ACQUISITION and Colorado talent was 1W-11L. The new sheriff in town is getting (ACQUIRING) better talent and that is the end game. Colorado depends on California and Texas for their roster. Deon has national cred amongst the high school players in America. The bottom line is many high school coaches have been relegated to 2nd tier via TWITTER in college recruiting. I have attached a data synopsis video and a high school TWITTER as an example to fellow elitedoggers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9HmJEv0zUg

https://twitter.com/THEHIVEFB

msu15
06-28-2023, 12:01 PM
How anyone can judge Deion at Colorado, either positively or negatively, before he has even coached ONE GAME is the definition of insanity.

ZedFedder
06-28-2023, 12:13 PM
I personally think he is about to win big there.

msstate7
06-28-2023, 01:45 PM
Without looking.... anyone want to guess CU class ranking for '24?

I did look, but I wouldn't freak out... Bama, Oklahoma, and auburn are all within the same range. Early

DownwardDawg
06-28-2023, 04:06 PM
I personally think he is about to win big there.

Just like at JSU, he'll do as well as his boasters will spend. Pretty simple. If they buy better players than his competitors, they'll win. He isn't going to coach up lesser talent to a championship of any kind.

the_real_MSU_is_us
06-29-2023, 08:06 AM
How anyone can judge Deion at Colorado, either positively or negatively, before he has even coached ONE GAME is the definition of insanity.

I agree as far as making an absolute judgment. However you can judge how things are going so far. Like Arnett is recruiting very good so far. Can't judge him past that but we can evaluate what we're seeing to this point. Deon certainly seems to be raising Colorado talent profile and that's exactly what any 1-11 team needs most

Reason2succeed
06-29-2023, 08:35 AM
I actually know a player that transferred from CU. That?s all I will say.

At the end of the day he is treating these young men exactly how they will be treated in the real world. There are consequences for failure. 1-11 was abysmal failure.

CU will likely win more than one game this year and Prime will continue to recruit and get transfers and turn them around. You may not like his methods but they are the American way.

William Tecumsah Sherman
06-29-2023, 09:42 AM
Players want a pro model with being paid. So now they can be treated as pros. If the job isn?t getting done, they can be released.

SheltonChoked
06-29-2023, 11:33 AM
They were 1-11 last year....

And only one of the losses was less than 10 points.

the win was in OT vs Cal that took a last minute FG to even get to OT.... and cal missed 2 FG's...

Colorado was BAD last year. Worse than 1988 MSU. Not just losing but blown out in every game.

Lost by 25 to TCU, 31 to Air Force, 42 to Minnesota, 28 to UCLA, 23 to Arizona, 39 to Oregon, 38 to USC, 47 to UW, 42 to Utah

I think Deion is burning all his goodwill.

EdwardDrayton
06-29-2023, 12:23 PM
Turning around a dumpster fire demands a take no prisoners approach. In today's environment fans want it fixed and they want it fixed NOW. When there's money involved all around like it is now, the niceties seem to vanish.

DownwardDawg
06-29-2023, 01:39 PM
I actually know a player that transferred from CU. That?s all I will say.

At the end of the day he is treating these young men exactly how they will be treated in the real world. There are consequences for failure. 1-11 was abysmal failure.

CU will likely win more than one game this year and Prime will continue to recruit and get transfers and turn them around. You may not like his methods but they are the American way.
I actually love his method, and I really like Prime. But for those thinking he's this great coach are living in a fantasy world. It's real simple, his players at JSU were light years better than the competition they face. Simple.

The Federalist Engineer
06-29-2023, 02:32 PM
In Mississippi, do you guys see MSU players on Morgan and Morgan billboards?

https://www.ajc.com/resizer/8v3q7CFNvVp8QrIYHSDWhJ1GkD8=/814x458/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/ajc/7F5RMGSB7XFHTGPOGNDR3J47JA.jpg

Santiago
06-29-2023, 02:49 PM
He's running it like the NFL. Players can transfer at will and are getting paid too. I bet his model works, it may take a few years, but it will work.

If you say he is running Colorado like the NFL, then what is Colorado as a pro team? Maybe the Saints from the 80's.
NFL has salary cap, and parity. College does not, so go ahead Deion and run it that way.

Offshore Dawg
06-30-2023, 07:05 PM
Prime be cleaning house !!!

Reason2succeed
06-30-2023, 10:41 PM
CU went 1-11 last year. It was clear that Coach Prime was about to bring in players to replace every single starter. If he told them to leave it was because he was doing them a favor. Many of them found other teams to play for. If they didn?t find another team then that tells you a whole lot about their talent.

You may not like it but if he succeeds this will become a norm every time there is a HC change to a school this bad.