PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft - Qbs

Lord McBuckethead
04-26-2023, 05:42 PM
Will Levis isn?t any good. Bryce Young isn?t the answer either. Regardless of what you hear.

Who would you guys go with.

msstate7
04-26-2023, 05:51 PM
Young, but I hope they draft Levis

Cowbell
04-26-2023, 06:37 PM
Will Levis isn?t any good. Bryce Young isn?t the answer either. Regardless of what you hear.

Who would you guys go with.

Bryce Young is the real deal

parabrave
04-26-2023, 06:42 PM
Bryce Young is the real deal

Bryce carried Bama on his back last year.

SPMT
04-26-2023, 06:48 PM
Bryce carried Bama on his back last year.

No shit! Some folks are 17ing dumb. That dude can play. Who gives a shit how tall he is.

Pancho
04-26-2023, 06:52 PM
He's the only qb worthy of a top 20 pick in my opinion. the rest of the qb's are crap shoots

Coach34
04-26-2023, 07:55 PM
All 4 are talented but have their questions.

Young has the best odds of being successful- but how long until he gets hurt?
Levis has every measureable you could want- but doesnt have "IT"
Stroud looks to be solid but he's not a Top 10 pick normally
Richardson needs to sit a year and grow. He's not an impact guy you draft in Round 1

parabrave
04-26-2023, 09:49 PM

Richardson needs to sit a year and grow. He's not an impact guy you draft in Round 1

Stroud is the only other one worthy of a top pick. Richardson??? Did any of the draft Gurus actually see him play??

msstate7
04-26-2023, 09:51 PM
Stroud is the only other one worthy of a top pick. Richardson??? Did any of the draft Gurus actually see him play??

CJ Stroud May Be Dealing With A Major Red Flag Ahead Of The NFL Draft

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cj-stroud-may-be-dealing-with-a-major-red-flag-ahead-of-the-nfl-draft/ar-AA1a9yRP?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ENTPSP&cvid=8c051b30f4944421b848d56a476d1eb1&ei=36

parabrave
04-26-2023, 09:56 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cj-stroud-may-be-dealing-with-a-major-red-flag-ahead-of-the-nfl-draft/ar-AA1a9yRP?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ENTPSP&cvid=8c051b30f4944421b848d56a476d1eb1&ei=36

Well what did the rest of the story say???

msstate7
04-26-2023, 10:06 PM
Well what did the rest of the story say???

Here's the main part...

"...Bob McGinn was able to obtain the scores (S2 cognitive test) posted by a number of QBs in this year?s draft class, and while Young (98%) and Levis (93%) were able to hold their own, the same can?t be said for Stroud thanks to the fairly concerning 18% he reportedly posted when everything was said and done...."

The qb threshold on this test is around 80. Stroud made a damn 18

BorneDawg
04-27-2023, 08:18 AM
well Cam Newton was very low IQ but had tons of physical talent which help him be a somewhat ok QB for a few years anyway.....

parabrave
04-27-2023, 08:22 AM
well Cam Newton was very low IQ but had tons of physical talent which help him be a somewhat ok QB for a few years anyway.....

Vegas is betting that the Panthers are now targeting Levis

Lord McBuckethead
04-27-2023, 08:23 AM

Put it this way, you put any competent QB on Bama's team and let them get #1 reps all season and they will also carry their team. Bryce is what, 180 lbs and he wasn't that good, with the damn best talent in the world surrounding him.... hmmm next.
Stroud seems too dumb to actually be a good QB in the NFL. He has the athleticism, but he seems like a guy that gets there and just never does anything, like Fields at Chicago. Never is a difference maker.
Richardson was maybe the 7th best QB in the SEC. He just is not good. Maybe a 6th round guy.
Levis is not a winner. Simple as that. Name one game he won against a top opponent because of his play. Yep, dude isn't that guy.

Lord McBuckethead
04-27-2023, 08:24 AM

Will Levis or Stroud isn't Cam Newton.

Coach34
04-27-2023, 08:56 AM

agree- they both will probably be better. As soon as Cam could no longer run the football- he was drummed out of the league.

msstate7
04-27-2023, 09:31 AM

Cam got a 21 on wonderlic. That isn't horrible at all. Why Is he very low IQ?

msstate7
04-27-2023, 09:33 AM

Levis killed the S2 cognitive. He scored 96, I think. He's smart

StarkVegasSteve
04-27-2023, 09:36 AM
Give me Young or Stroud. Bryce put Bama on his back multiple times last year and the rare times Day got out of his own way and let Stroud do what Stroud does he was electric. Levis and Richardson are terrible. I would take Hooker over either of them.

Coach34
04-27-2023, 09:42 AM
Levis is going to be a solid NFL QB.

He completed 65.4% with a below average group of WR's and a very conservative offense. He does do some dumb shit at times- but so do most players. All depends on what team he lands on.

msstate7
04-27-2023, 09:56 AM
Levis is going to be a solid NFL QB.

He completed 65.4% with a below average group of WR's and a very conservative offense. He does do some dumb shit at times- but so do most players. All depends on what team he lands on.

I looked at him a few months ago, and noticed he lost like 7 of 8 or 8 of 9 leading receivers from 2021. That made me think more of him, and it explained a drop in production

BorneDawg
04-27-2023, 10:57 AM
Cam got a 21 on wonderlic. That isn't horrible at all. Why Is he very low IQ?

you ever see him talk in interviews... especially the one with Jon Gruden

Lord McBuckethead
04-27-2023, 04:21 PM
I looked at him a few months ago, and noticed he lost like 7 of 8 or 8 of 9 leading receivers from 2021. That made me think more of him, and it explained a drop in production

Nothing in his entire career made me think, "Man, this Levis guy is really good." Kind of like Kellen Mond. Not terrible, just not a guy that can play well enough to win the game. If it were me, I would take Stetson Bennet over Levis. Dude absolutely makes throws, protects the ball, and wins games against the best of the best. Granted he also had a lot of the best of the best on his team as well. But there were multiple times in the past few seasons where I looked at Stetson and was like... dude is a winner and has the IT factor. Levis, not a single time.

EdwardDrayton
04-27-2023, 05:25 PM

CJ got a thank you card from Matt Corral.

Coach34
04-27-2023, 06:37 PM
Nothing in his entire career made me think, "Man, this Levis guy is really good." Kind of like Kellen Mond. Not terrible, just not a guy that can play well enough to win the game. If it were me, I would take Stetson Bennet over Levis. Dude absolutely makes throws, protects the ball, and wins games against the best of the best. Granted he also had a lot of the best of the best on his team as well. But there were multiple times in the past few seasons where I looked at Stetson and was like... dude is a winner and has the IT factor. Levis, not a single time.

Kellen Mond? Holy shit.

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2023, 07:47 PM
Young is the real deal. The rest that the media has hyped up I would heavy pass on. Folks have lost their minds over QBs

Coach34
04-27-2023, 07:51 PM
Young is the real deal. The rest that the media has hyped up I would heavy pass on. Folks have lost their minds over QBs

I agree Young is the best of the batch- just concerned how long it takes him to get hurt

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2023, 07:53 PM
I agree Young is the best of the batch- just concerned how long it takes him to get hurt

I dont remember him ever missing a game. And the way the rules protect QBs now he will
Be ok. He got some protection against us

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2023, 07:55 PM
What happened to Matt Corrall

Coach34
04-27-2023, 07:57 PM
I dont remember him ever missing a game. And the way the rules protect QBs now he will

Maybe. If Young was Levis size he would be regarded like a Manning or something in the draft. He can ball- no doubt

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2023, 08:11 PM
Maybe. If Young was Levis size he would be regarded like a Manning or something in the draft. He can ball- no doubt

Tua was the one who was always hurt. Overrated. Bama paid for running Hurts off for him. Tua threw to some absolutely wide wide wide open receivers. It is mind boggling

Coach34
04-27-2023, 08:43 PM
Tua was the one who was always hurt. Overrated. Bama paid for running Hurts off for him. Tua threw to some absolutely wide wide wide open receivers. It is mind boggling

oh I know. But Young is going to get a season ending injury in his 1st 3 years in the NFL. NFL DL's dont play

Vandownbytheriver
04-27-2023, 08:46 PM

Missed part of the Arkansas game and the whole A&M game because of a shoulder injury. The hit wasn't even hard, just landed awkward. He's got to have a good line or he's gonna be RG3.

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2023, 09:03 PM
Forbes- Washington

BuckyIsAB****
04-27-2023, 09:03 PM
Missed part of the Arkansas game and the whole A&M game because of a shoulder injury. The hit wasn't even hard, just landed awkward. He's got to have a good line or he's gonna be RG3.

That is true. But he is still miles ahead of the others

Lord McBuckethead
04-27-2023, 09:27 PM

He missed games this year.

Lord McBuckethead
04-27-2023, 09:28 PM

Agreed, but he would have been as bad as Levi?s with his team.

parabrave
04-27-2023, 10:00 PM
So has Levis already made a deal?? The Saints need a QB. And Hooker falling to the 2nd round, at least now that the Vikes have picked. Can't believe the Colts took Richardson.

Vandownbytheriver
04-27-2023, 10:33 PM

This year that's not saying much. He's played with the best of the best at Bama and still didn't win a Natty as a starting QB. Carrying a team of 5 star recruits isn't that impressive. We will see very fast if he's the next hyped Bama qb that has issues in the pro's. He seems like a good kid, but I wouldn't put my trust in him as the savior of one of the worst teams in the league. I'd be holding my breath every time he got hit.

BeardoMSU
04-28-2023, 12:37 AM
you ever see him talk in interviews... especially the one with Jon Gruden

I remember he couldn't name a single play, lol. Dumb as a rock.

That being said, he still had a decent NFL career. Won an MVP. Played for a SB.