PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Buchner

ZedFedder
04-25-2023, 04:56 PM
A QB from Notre Dame, he just entered the portal. Word is he may go to Bama to reunite with Tommy Rees. We need to capitalize on getting Ty Simpson if so.

Pancho
04-25-2023, 06:44 PM
Can we compete with what Bama will pay him to be the backup?

Leeshouldveflanked
04-25-2023, 07:25 PM
We spent all our NIL money on baseball.

coachnorm
04-25-2023, 07:33 PM
A QB from Notre Dame, he just entered the portal. Word is he may go to Bama to reunite with Tommy Rees. We need to capitalize on getting Ty Simpson if so.

That would make two San Diego, California quarterbacks with 5 star Julian Sayin arriving next season. Strangely, two San Diego quarterbacks competing with 5 star Eli Holstein, from Louisiana as Bryce Young replacement? Just some more San Diego SEC news Broderick Robinson from Lincoln HS, California player of the year MaxPreps is doing well at Georgia.

Pancho
04-25-2023, 08:17 PM
yes sir

Homedawg
04-25-2023, 10:09 PM

We aren't getting Ty Simpson if he leaves. So just don't worry about it.

Homedawg
04-25-2023, 10:10 PM

This is bs. But carry on

smootness
04-26-2023, 12:31 PM
That would make two San Diego, California quarterbacks with 5 star Julian Sayin arriving next season. Strangely, two San Diego quarterbacks competing with 5 star Eli Holstein, from Louisiana as Bryce Young replacement? Just some more San Diego SEC news Broderick Robinson from Lincoln HS, California player of the year MaxPreps is doing well at Georgia.

Holstein ain't no 5-star.

coachnorm
04-26-2023, 04:37 PM
Holstein ain't no 5-star.

I stand corrected about Eli Holstein being a 5 star. I thought he was a 5 star earlier in his evaluation career. I firmly believe that Holstein is better than Arch Manning, I believe Manning to be a 3 Star guy who threw against scrubs on defense most of his career. Manning did have some good receivers that matched up well against scrubs. We all saw what happened in Mannings last game. Holstein made good throws against good defenders within his State during his high school career.

If Manning was to play in the Trinity League in Los Angeles, he would be exposed as a 3 star quarterback. If Holstein was to play in the Trinity League, he would be exposed as a 4 star quarterback.

Hot Rock
04-27-2023, 09:31 AM
If Buchner is Bama's starting QB come game one, count me as surprised. He is not that good.

I can see him ending up at Auburn or Florida but Bama? If they need him, they are getting desperate and yes I know their QB's looked bad in the spring game but this is Bama. They can get the best and he ain't it. Can they win the natty with an average QB like they have in the past? I don't think so.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-27-2023, 01:19 PM
I love the bickering about where NIL should go.

We do not have much NIL. Most other schools schools prioritize football, basketball, women's basketball, and baseball in that order.

Some on this board say using our NIL on football is a "waste" because we will be outspent there regardless of how hard we try. They say we should pool it on baseball so we have a competitive advante in 1 sport.

Some come to the exact opposite conclusion; we need to abandon the "lesser" sports as football is the straw that stirs the drink financially, and being competitive at it matters a lot for the university.

Still others think it should be spread put, so every sport stays respectable.

Then there's wildly different views on how much money we have, how much our competition has, how big these NIL deals are etc. Can't have a discussion on the topic of how to use NIL is we don't have shared facts.

I'd like to see this discussion played out here, but I don't think it'll happen.

DownwardDawg
04-27-2023, 01:41 PM

Apparently not.

Homedawg
04-27-2023, 02:02 PM
Apparently not.

He is just spouting off and wrong at the same time.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-27-2023, 03:01 PM
He is just spouting off and wrong at the same time.

Yeah didn't we spend a good bit on defense getting some older guys to come back another year?

Bothrops
04-27-2023, 09:30 PM
If we're spending most our NIL money on baseball, we are ****ed in all sports!

Really Clark?
04-27-2023, 09:47 PM

Well we're not so you don't have worry about it

Goldendawg
04-27-2023, 10:22 PM

Can we get a refund?**

Brahmabull
04-28-2023, 02:54 PM

We are not spending it all on baseball, but that doesn't mean we are not ****ed in all sports!