PDA

View Full Version : Where is our AD?

HaggardDawg
04-24-2023, 08:22 PM
Since this dude was hired I think I?ve heard one interview and that was at the spring game. No social media presence, no new marketing campaigns, nothing. What?s this guy doing?

msudawg1200
04-24-2023, 08:25 PM
What?s this guy doing?

Probably his job

mparkerfd20
04-24-2023, 08:27 PM
Sitting in a corner in high heels talking on a corded phone without the cord plugged in.

DawgFromOxford
04-24-2023, 08:33 PM
Since this dude was hired I think I?ve heard one interview and that was at the spring game. No social media presence, no new marketing campaigns, nothing. What?s this guy doing?

Looks like he's on the road https://www.alumni.msstate.edu/s/811/alumni/interior.aspx?sid=811&gid=1&pgid=3226

Bark
04-24-2023, 08:41 PM
He has been oddly quiet. I'm sure there was a long list of things to get in order after taking over cohen's athletic department but surprised we haven't heard more from him. Doesn't appear to be cut from the same cloth as Byrne....appears to operate more like Cohen. I expected marketing and social media to really take take a step up with his hiring.

HogsandDogs
04-24-2023, 08:47 PM
He visited three towns on the Road Dawgs tour last week and had the athletic banquet this evening.

MrCoachKlein
04-24-2023, 09:10 PM
Sitting in a corner in high heels talking on a corded phone without the cord plugged in.

Hahahaha

SpaceWranglerDawg
04-24-2023, 09:26 PM
If you've seen Parks and Recreation, do you just not get the vibe that he's the representative (Congressman David Murray) who's campaign they're working on in DC?

"Congressman David Murray is the man whose election campaign Ben was hired to run by Jennifer Barkley. They find he's very strange, seeming to turn himself off and stare at the wall for hours when he's not smiling, shaking hands, and giving speeches. Both April and Ben compare him to a robot."

For some reason I just get that vibe...

DownwardDawg
04-24-2023, 10:16 PM
I started a similar thread weeks ago. Some posters took offense. Said the dudes doing a fantastic job. His silence means he's a strong leader. Gettin stuff done. Maybe so.

Cowbell
04-24-2023, 10:19 PM
He's probably researching this board so he can get the next baseball hire right...

StarkVegasSteve
04-24-2023, 10:25 PM
He was literally at almost every basketball game down the stretch. He's been at multiple baseball games, hell he was even in Frisco, and he's been on the road with Road Dawgs tour. Hell he was at Maroon & White Night tonight. Hell he's even been on SuperTalk and Bo's show multiple times.

I don't really know what some of y'all want him to do. I mean do y'all want him to have a town hall meeting so y'all can bitch for two hours? Do you want him to call you? He's been as active as almost every AD we've had. The difference is that he hasn't had to make multiple hires in his first month like our last 3.

The Federalist Engineer
04-24-2023, 10:40 PM
What you don't want your AD to do is:

(1) mouth off about how he going to hire a coach that goes to Omaha all the time.
(2) narrowing down the possible list until everyone can guess who the 5 possible candidates are
(3) pretending like he is an expert about things he is not
(4) needlessly destabilizing the present staff to the point they can't work on managing the last 4 weekends
(5) giving our recruiting rivals headlines to call MSU recruits about
(6) giving all schools advanced notice so media can go harass top candidates as they prep for regionals

HeCannotGo
04-25-2023, 06:50 AM
He spoke at the alumni association leadership conference in late February and was very impressive. As others have mentioned, he's on the Road Dawgs tour now, and I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say on the Atlanta stop.

Pancho
04-25-2023, 06:55 AM
I'm glad he doesn't have that giddy frat boy vibe like Cohen has.

Lord McBuckethead
04-25-2023, 07:13 AM
Start handling this baseball situation, actively.

BorneDawg
04-25-2023, 08:00 AM
He's probably researching this board so he can get the next baseball hire right...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cowbell again.

StarkVegasSteve
04-25-2023, 09:06 AM
Start handling this baseball situation, actively.

That won't happen til May 21st so you'll have to be patient with that one. I mean he's not going to come out and say Lemonis is coaching for his job or Foxhall pack your bags. Even Cohen wasn't that stupid, and we know how inept he was.

CaptainObvious
04-25-2023, 09:10 AM

Well he did call me and ask if I wanted to sit with him at the Arkansas series. I told him that is the weekend I spend in a Chinese Torture Chamber.
He then asked if I would like to join him for a softball series. I explained that I would be getting bamboo splinters pushed under my fingernails that weekend.

basedog
04-25-2023, 09:32 AM
I heard he and Bert State just got back from Campbell University**

Here you go genespage stalkers**.

State82
04-25-2023, 11:14 AM
I heard he and Bert State just got back from Campbell University**

Here you go genespage stalkers**.

Nice! Good one, base.

Todd4State
04-25-2023, 01:26 PM
What you don't want your AD to do is:

(1) mouth off about how he going to hire a coach that goes to Omaha all the time.
(2) narrowing down the possible list until everyone can guess who the 5 possible candidates are
(3) pretending like he is an expert about things he is not
(4) needlessly destabilizing the present staff to the point they can't work on managing the last 4 weekends
(5) giving our recruiting rivals headlines to call MSU recruits about
(6) giving all schools advanced notice so media can go harass top candidates as they prep for regionals

This sounds familiar.

Todd4State
04-25-2023, 01:27 PM
That won't happen til May 21st so you'll have to be patient with that one. I mean he's not going to come out and say Lemonis is coaching for his job or Foxhall pack your bags. Even Cohen wasn't that stupid, and we know how inept he was.

This. We just have to weather out the next few weeks.

Homedawg
04-25-2023, 10:13 PM
This. We just have to weather out the next few weeks.

I think everyone knows fox is gone. Lem is on the clock. The entire staff isn't a cheap buyout. And before anyone says it, we should have plenty of money, sure but we are busting everyone for nil money. Rightfully so. But someone gotta pay the buyout and that doesn't come free.

Todd4State
04-25-2023, 10:19 PM
I think everyone knows fox is gone. Lem is on the clock. The entire staff isn't a cheap buyout. And before anyone says it, we should have plenty of money, sure but we are busting everyone for nil money. Rightfully so. But someone gotta pay the buyout and that doesn't come free.

Winning tonight helps for now.

I think as long as we have a winning season and make the SEC Tournament Lemonis will be back. In my opinion.

NCMSTFAN
04-26-2023, 06:10 AM
He was literally at almost every basketball game down the stretch. He's been at multiple baseball games, hell he was even in Frisco, and he's been on the road with Road Dawgs tour. Hell he was at Maroon & White Night tonight. Hell he's even been on SuperTalk and Bo's show multiple times.

I don't really know what some of y'all want him to do. I mean do y'all want him to have a town hall meeting so y'all can bitch for two hours? Do you want him to call you? He's been as active as almost every AD we've had. The difference is that he hasn't had to make multiple hires in his first month like our last 3.

Good post, he was at almost all of the Men's and Women's basketball games towards the end of the year. He has been to plenty baseball games also. I'm not sure what fans are wanting from him right now, we have 2 good basketball head coaches, a new football coach who the jury is still out on but we all have to wait for that. He will have to address the Lemonis situation but right now isn't the time for that, so what does everyone expect him to be doing right now? AD's typically stay in the background for the most part.

State82
04-26-2023, 08:36 AM

He was at the SEC Women's Golf Championship week before last also. So he is definitely personally following/supporting our student athletes. What a novel idea for a Director of Athletics. I do not understand the beef with him. He is doing his job.

Tmjdog
04-26-2023, 09:40 AM
Hahahaha
I have a good idea. Let?s denigrate & criticize all our leadership positions at every opportunity. That will do wonders for fanbase moral & support for our university. And let?s go especially hard on new positions before they can get established & get their feet on the ground. I swear, sometimes we are our own worst enemy. JMHO.

Offshore Dawg
04-26-2023, 08:15 PM
He was at the SEC Women's Golf Championship week before last also. So he is definitely personally following/supporting our student athletes. What a novel idea for a Director of Athletics. I do not understand the beef with him. He is doing his job.

I think that the beef on here from some of our illustrious posters is they want to hear that he is replacing the baseball coaching staff. Either all or some.

Cooterpoot
04-26-2023, 08:24 PM
He's working on NIL pretty big

Commercecomet24
04-26-2023, 09:24 PM

This, he knows we're playing catch-up and he's busting it trying to get our
Nil money up.

DownwardDawg
04-26-2023, 09:26 PM

That's great to here.

Bark
04-26-2023, 11:37 PM
I think that the beef on here from some of our illustrious posters is they want to hear that he is replacing the baseball coaching staff. Either all or some.

I don't think anyone has a beef with him...I don't. I'm just genuinely curious why we haven't really heard from him. No social media presence, no recorded video messages or newsletters updating us on things going on, upcoming events or facility improvements and/or his vision/goals for the AD...nothing. Yes I commend him for going to all of the events but it would be nice if we could hear from him some. If they want money and want excitement surrounding the program you kind of have generate it through marketing. Byrne and Stricklin were good at generating exciting and making people feel involved. Cohen whiffed big time. I know he's newly on the job but hoping Selmon doesn't follow the footsteps of Cohen and Lonnie Tinkle.

StarkVegasSteve
04-27-2023, 06:38 AM
I don't think anyone has a beef with him...I don't. I'm just genuinely curious why we haven't really heard from him. No social media presence, no recorded video messages or newsletters updating us on things going on, upcoming events or facility improvements and/or his vision/goals for the AD...nothing. Yes I commend him for going to all of the events but it would be nice if we could hear from him some. If they want money and want excitement surrounding the program you kind of have generate it through marketing. Byrne and Stricklin were good at generating exciting and making people feel involved. Cohen whiffed big time. I know he's newly on the job but hoping Selmon doesn't follow the footsteps of Cohen and Lonnie Tinkle.

He's literally tweeting multiple times a day about our different teams and it's actually on the same day of the event, unlike Cohen. I'm sorry he's not out here making my 9-5 Tik Tok's and get ready with me's to show you everything he does during the day but damn he's got 10x the social media presence and savvy of our previous AD.

Bark
04-27-2023, 01:00 PM
He's literally tweeting multiple times a day about our different teams and it's actually on the same day of the event, unlike Cohen. I'm sorry he's not out here making my 9-5 Tik Tok's and get ready with me's to show you everything he does during the day but damn he's got 10x the social media presence and savvy of our previous AD.

You may want to sit this one out, hoss, if you think retweeting a team account with a caption "Go Dawgs" is a social media presence. Did I mention Tik Tok? I literally spelled out what I was talking about.

StarkVegasSteve
04-27-2023, 02:52 PM
You may want to sit this one out, hoss, if you think retweeting a team account with a caption "Go Dawgs" is a social media presence. Did I mention Tik Tok? I literally spelled out what I was talking about.

You want him to have a social media presence, he has one. Pretty active actually. I mean what do you want him doing? He's not going to call you or send you a damn brochure telling you the exact F'N plan. He's been here less than 4 months. I've actually had multiple conversations with him, he's very personable. Of course I also didn't ask him a bunch of stupid ass questions pestering him about his 10 year plan for the athletic department his second month on the damn job either. He's polar opposite of Cohen and it took 5 seconds into his press conference to realize that. Also, that he actually tweets on the day the game happens rather than 3 days later. Like I've said previously, he's not going to have a town hall in Taylor Auditorium so y'all can come bitch about Lemonis and Foxhall for two hours. He'll talk to you though about anything. Hell if you're that concerned send him a damn letter, he'll probably respond.

EdwardDrayton
04-27-2023, 05:22 PM

Didn't take him long to zero in on where all the magic happens!! LOL!!

NCMSTFAN
04-28-2023, 07:28 AM
You want him to have a social media presence, he has one. Pretty active actually. I mean what do you want him doing? He's not going to call you or send you a damn brochure telling you the exact F'N plan. He's been here less than 4 months. I've actually had multiple conversations with him, he's very personable. Of course I also didn't ask him a bunch of stupid ass questions pestering him about his 10 year plan for the athletic department his second month on the damn job either. He's polar opposite of Cohen and it took 5 seconds into his press conference to realize that. Also, that he actually tweets on the day the game happens rather than 3 days later. Like I've said previously, he's not going to have a town hall in Taylor Auditorium so y'all can come bitch about Lemonis and Foxhall for two hours. He'll talk to you though about anything. Hell if you're that concerned send him a damn letter, he'll probably respond.

Agreed, good post

Leeshouldveflanked
04-28-2023, 10:45 AM
His number 1,2,3,4 thru 10 priorities right now should be beefing up the NIL. The previous AD left us in a mess as far as NIL is concerned

StarkVegasSteve
04-28-2023, 10:58 AM
His number 1,2,3,4 thru 10 priorities right now should be beefing up the NIL. The previous AD left us in a mess as far as NIL is concerned

Leaving us in a mess would mean he actually did something with NIL while he was here. Other than his buddy and The Legacy Group, he buried his head in the sand and pretended we didn't have enough money to compete. Just like his idol Larry Templeton. Selmon is playing major catchup, but doing well in that regard.

Cooterpoot
04-28-2023, 11:00 AM
Football NIL is our problem. We're going to be making moves to improve that situation. We're fine in baseball. We're decent in basketball. By next fall, I expect things to be moving in the right direction. We've got a good AD now.

Commercecomet24
04-28-2023, 11:01 AM
Football NIL is our problem. We're going to be making moves to improve that situation. We're fine in baseball. We're decent in basketball. By next fall, I expect things to be moving in the right direction. We've got a good AD now.

I concur. I hear he's really working it and things are looking up.

StarkVegasSteve
04-28-2023, 11:05 AM
I concur. I hear he's really working it and things are looking up.

He's working on it, Arnett is working on it, and Charlie is working on it. We're playing major catch up unfortunately due to Cohen's ineptitude and Leach's disdain for it til midway through last year. However, they've made majors strides since February and have some exciting things on the horizon.