PDA

View Full Version : Womens basketball portal pick up

NCMSTFAN
04-23-2023, 07:44 PM
We don't talk alot about the Women around here as much as we used to but we should. Purcell signed a top 25 recruiting class and also just landed one of the top girls in the portal, Lauren Park-lane.

She is only 5'3" but she is lighting quick and played in the Big East averaging 20.9 ppg and 6.1 assist so she's done it against good competition. Purcell deserves alot of credit getting our program back on the right track and he still has 3 more spots to fill, I guarantee he gets some really good players out of the portal, recruiting is definitely his strength

Quaoarsking
04-23-2023, 10:56 PM
That's the #16 transfer for this year's portal, according to ESPN. Good pickup:
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/36174439/womens-college-basketball-transfer-portal-rankings-2023-24

Apparently #21 has also made an official visit. And for the longshot dreamers out there ... Purcell has history with #1.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-24-2023, 07:00 AM
Isnt it a good possibility Jessica Carter comes back? Also it looks like Jmyia Mingo Young is in portal for a 3rd time.

Quaoarsking
04-24-2023, 07:03 AM
Isnt it a good possibility Jessica Carter comes back?

Yes, she has announced that she is

NCMSTFAN
04-24-2023, 08:11 AM
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/36174439/womens-college-basketball-transfer-portal-rankings-2023-24

Apparently #21 has also made an official visit. And for the longshot dreamers out there ... Purcell has history with #1.

If we can get Erynn Barnum we will have a really good team, She is 6'2" and athletic, averaged 15 ppg for Arkansas last year.

NCMSTFAN
04-24-2023, 08:13 AM
Isnt it a good possibility Jessica Carter comes back? Also it looks like Jmyia Mingo Young is in portal for a 3rd time.

According to her twitter Mingo Young is transferring to Auburn.

Offshore Dawg
04-24-2023, 11:21 AM

And like the LSU player said why would I want to go to the WNBA and take a pay cut. I'm coming back to LSU.

EdwardDrayton
04-24-2023, 06:17 PM

Outstanding! Rooting for her to make that last step to elite level!

Bothrops
04-24-2023, 11:45 PM
With this class and momentum we can be the 3rd or 4th best team in the league. Hailstate

99jc
04-25-2023, 06:04 AM

Who is 21

Pancho
04-25-2023, 06:49 AM
barnum

EdwardDrayton
04-27-2023, 04:45 PM
Van Lith to LSU. Pencil in another couple NC's for the puddy tats.

schddog72
04-27-2023, 06:02 PM

Announced and confirmed today via ESPN. Bummer. I had hoped we had a shot at her.

EdwardDrayton
04-27-2023, 06:11 PM
Announced and confirmed today via ESPN. Bummer. I had hoped we had a shot at her.

We did have. A long shot. ****

Homedawg
04-27-2023, 06:24 PM

Color me shocked. We had ZERO shot. Yet we have people on here saying we did. Just smh.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-27-2023, 06:30 PM
Didn't LSU's WBB team have 2 VERY highly paid players? It's no surprise they'd shell out for Van Lith. All while also out spending us in every other sport too. College sports is like if an NFL team was allowed to spend 2x the salary cap of everyone else, AND got 5 first round picks every year.

Quaoarsking
04-27-2023, 06:33 PM
The fact that she went to a non-Adidas school strongly implies that we did not have a shot at her.

EdwardDrayton
04-27-2023, 06:43 PM
The fact that she went to a non-Adidas school strongly implies that we did not have a shot at her.

(1) Money
(2) Money
(3) Virtually guaranteed NC, maybe two
(4) Elite coach

We had no shot.

ArrowDawg
04-27-2023, 09:27 PM
With this class and momentum we can be the 3rd or 4th best team in the league. Hailstate

Just being honest, but unless we can compete for a national title again then I just don't care.

NCMSTFAN
04-27-2023, 09:35 PM
Just being honest, but unless we can compete for a national title again then I just don't care.

Who knows if that will ever happen again, the only thing I'm sure of is Purcell will get talent to Starkville, his recruiting is right up there with the top recruiters in the SEC.. We just lost Denae Carter to the portal today as well as a few other girls a few weeks ago so that opens another spot.

As of now I think he has 4 or 5 spots to fill. We just got a top 20 portal player and he is after a few more in the top 30, I'm confident we will have a team full of talent next season, he proved to be a solid coach this year as well so just give him a little time.

Bothrops
04-27-2023, 09:42 PM

Well that ain't happening again. Not because we'll suck but because we play against two juggernauts now that can get whoever they want to play for them. We had our chance. We blew it.....twice.

EdwardDrayton
04-27-2023, 09:59 PM
Who knows if that will ever happen again, the only thing I'm sure of is Purcell will get talent to Starkville, his recruiting is right up there with the top recruiters in the SEC.. We just lost Denae Carter to the portal today as well as a few other girls a few weeks ago so that opens another spot.

As of now I think he has 4 or 5 spots to fill. We just got a top 20 portal player and he is after a few more in the top 30, I'm confident we will have a team full of talent next season, he proved to be a solid coach this year as well so just give him a little time.

Kinda like baseball. We've had our day in the sun. We may be good again but not an LSU or a South Carolina. It's just not to be.

NCMSTFAN
04-27-2023, 10:08 PM
Kinda like baseball. We've had our day in the sun. We may be good again but not an LSU or a South Carolina. It's just not to be.

True, it will be hard to compete with what South Carolina and LSU are able to do but I think us, Tennessee and Ole Miss fall right in that next tier.

SpaceBully
04-27-2023, 11:20 PM

Tiggahs droppin' some coin in the portal.

99jc
04-28-2023, 03:12 AM
Tiggahs droppin' some coin in the portal.

I am curious how her and Reece play together. both strong personalities and like the attention.... could be a recipe for disaster. Reece is an attention whore for sure..

Pancho
04-28-2023, 06:06 AM
that HC in the wild outfit can handle them.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-28-2023, 06:11 AM
Very true about baseball. We are going to be a middle of the pack SEC program with a nice stadium now that other schools with money are trying to compete at baseball

NCMSTFAN
04-28-2023, 07:12 AM
that HC in the wild outfit can handle them.

I was going to say the same thing. Kim Mulkey is similar to Pat Summitt. She doesn't mess around, those girls will listen to her or they will be on the bench or out the door.

basedog
04-28-2023, 07:58 AM
Very true about baseball. We are going to be a middle of the pack SEC program with a nice stadium now that other schools with money are trying to compete at baseball

This was said after we re-modeled the stadium in mid 80's, then other programs got interested in baseball but we survived. We will find our mojo again, just need to make changes with our staff to get the ball going again.