PDA

View Full Version : Are we serious about baseball?

Pinto
04-23-2023, 04:23 PM
If so, it is time to hand out pink slips.

StarkVegasSteve
04-23-2023, 04:24 PM
It was time last year. And unfortunately we will not do it this year either.

BrunswickDawg
04-23-2023, 04:29 PM
I'm done. Need to clean house. Maybe let Geaut hang around, but Lemonis and Foxhall need to be done for certain.

Just bad. I hate it.

SPMT
04-23-2023, 04:30 PM

Are you serious?

We have the majority of attendance records. We are about as serious as you can be.

And we are underwhelming. Figure most here are in agreement with Foxhall and Lemonis taking a hike.

Some may be ok with keeping Lemonis but I think he?s incapable of building. Good at managing a team of studs, better than Cohen, because Cohen would?ve meddled in 2021 and 17d things up but this is a clown show right now.

gtowndawg
04-23-2023, 04:33 PM
I think we're very serious about holding attendance records (and bragging about it) but not very serious about putting a premium product on the field. Just my two cents.

drummerdawg
04-23-2023, 04:35 PM
The last couple interviews I've seen of Lemonis seem to indicate our coaches are checked out. I think they know they're done.

SaintDawg
04-23-2023, 04:39 PM
Time to go in another direction. Thanks for the Natty, Lemonis. Now go **** up some other school’s baseball program. You’re all done here.

SpaceBully
04-23-2023, 04:40 PM
I'm 66 years old. Saw the one championship in 2021 that I've pined for...... for the last 50 years. I'll never see another one unfortunately, but at least I got that one. Time to move on to other non sport bucket list items besides baseball. Plan to spend my money now on seeing the country I live in before it goes down the tubes too. Figure I've only got a few years before that happens.

TheLostDawg
04-23-2023, 04:41 PM
Not anymore

Todd4State
04-23-2023, 04:44 PM

Can't see Foxhall staying. With or without Lemonis.

EdwardDrayton
04-23-2023, 04:45 PM
Make the moves Zac. I'd prefer to watch with player coaches than watch one more painful minute with this coaching staff.

bulldogcountry1
04-23-2023, 04:56 PM
I?ve seen enough. Foxhall is responsible for developing Yntema. Lemonis is to blame for trotting Yntema out every weekend, expecting anything other than a disaster.

EdwardDrayton
04-23-2023, 05:02 PM
Can't see Foxhall staying. With or without Lemonis.

It became clear a couple of weeks ago they are a package.

Activated Alpha
04-23-2023, 05:04 PM
This isn?t Indiana baseball where they would be OK with two losing seasons in a row

State82
04-23-2023, 05:07 PM
The entire bunch has to go. Unfortunately, you are right. They will not be going anywhere this year. Sad commentary. Very sad.

Todd4State
04-23-2023, 05:18 PM
It became clear a couple of weeks ago they are a package.

How so?

I must have missed something.

schddog72
04-23-2023, 05:28 PM
The entire bunch has to go. Unfortunately, you are right. They will not be going anywhere this year. Sad commentary. Very sad.

And you know this how??

EdwardDrayton
04-23-2023, 05:36 PM
How so?

I must have missed something.

Lemonis could have made the move and assumed those reins. He chose to stick with him and thus their fate became intertwined.

Dawgface
04-23-2023, 05:45 PM
Plan to spend my money now on seeing the country I live in before it goes down the tubes too. Figure I've only got a few years before that happens.
You better get on the stick. We?re already half way down the toilet.

As far as MSU baseball goes?.if we keep our current coaching staff it would appear our administration is not that concerned with baseball. Anyone with half a brain knows we should shit can Lemonik and Fox.

Ranchdawg
04-23-2023, 05:59 PM
I totally agree that the WHOLE coaching staff needs to go. But I?m also of the opinion that some of these players need to take responsibility for this shit show.

I guess it?s the era we live in with the portal and NIL. Players are more concerned with their stats. Knowing if it doesn?t work out at present school player can always transfer to another school. If having bad year players can transfer to lower divisions and be a stud. If player is having a great year they can transfer to another power 5. Loyalty appears to no longer exist. It?s ruining college athletics.

Cooterpoot
04-23-2023, 06:04 PM
I question if we're serious about winning anything these days. The way our admins handcuff our athletics and just seem to be 5 years behind the rest of this league. It's pretty embarrassing.

EdwardDrayton
04-23-2023, 06:05 PM
I totally agree that the WHOLE coaching staff needs to go. But I?m also of the opinion that some of these players need to take responsibility for this shit show.

I guess it?s the era we live in with the portal and NIL. Players are more concerned with their stats. Knowing if it doesn?t work out at present school player can always transfer to another school. If having bad year players can transfer to lower divisions and be a stud. If player is having a great year they can transfer to another power 5. Loyalty appears to no longer exist. It?s ruining college athletics.

It does seem moreso now that players do what they want and not do what's in the best interest of the team. And some coaches seem to let that go uncorrected more.

Saltydog
04-23-2023, 06:19 PM

I haven't been one to call for his head but I am squarely in that boat now. No way this team should've lost that series. We are a better team than Auburn but they are better coached. If we don't make the post season, it' time for ALL of them to be gone.

EdwardDrayton
04-23-2023, 06:29 PM
I haven't been one to call for his head but I am squarely in that boat now. No way this team should've lost that series. We are a better team than Auburn but they are better coached. If we don't make the post season, it' time for ALL of them to be gone.

We've gone from the 'If we don't make the postseason' to 'we haven't been mathematically eliminated'.

Todd4State
04-23-2023, 06:36 PM
Lemonis could have made the move and assumed those reins. He chose to stick with him and thus their fate became intertwined.

I think he may have been led to believe that keeping Foxhall was not going to make anything better as opposed to firing him midseason.

CaptainObvious
04-23-2023, 06:37 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that the coaching staff has to go. We may not have enough pitchers to finish the season by the time they ruin a couple more arms. But I also believe some of our players could transition and still not be able to crack our Softball teams starting lineup. And our softball team has lost something like 12 SEC games in a row.

Lord McBuckethead
04-23-2023, 06:46 PM
It is past due. Should have been done last year. Failure in every respect to capitalize on a national championship?. Dang.

CaptainObvious
04-23-2023, 06:55 PM
My feeling?. I know, I know. Is that if a Keenum and Selmon are NOT willing to make a change then they both need to go too! Make Hobie Hobart the President and Rhett Hobart the AD and turn em loose to fix the academics and athletics sides of this cluster flock!

TheLostDawg
04-23-2023, 07:46 PM
My feeling?. I know, I know. Is that if a Keenum and Selmon are NOT willing to make a change then they both need to go too! Make Hobie Hobart the President and Rhett Hobart the AD and turn em loose to fix the academics and athletics sides of this cluster flock!

I hope you're being sarcastic

However we are about to find out if Selmon is up to the task of being AD. If he doesn't understand the importance of baseball at ms state, we hired the wrong guy.
It's going to be interesting to see what happens if we somehow make it to the tournaments. Right now the decision is an easy one.

I think Keenum will steer him in the right direction

WSOPdawg
04-23-2023, 08:01 PM

^^^ This... accepting not making the post season two years runnings is absolutely unacceptable. Standards have to be met, and the last two years (this season included) will not come anywhere close to meeting these expectations.

EdwardDrayton
04-23-2023, 08:13 PM
^^^ This... accepting not making the post season two years runnings is absolutely unacceptable. Standards have to be met, and the last two years (this season included) will not come anywhere close to meeting these expectations.

We're not making the postseason.

Now maybe some mystical Ari Gold karma will make me the next guy he re-posts endlessly to the delight of all. It would be worth surpassing all odds and watching us in the tourney.

But we're not making the postseason.

SpaceBully
04-23-2023, 08:19 PM
You better get on the stick. We?re already half way down the toilet.

As far as MSU baseball goes?.if we keep our current coaching staff it would appear our administration is not that concerned with baseball. Anyone with half a brain knows we should shit can Lemonik and Fox.

You're right, we're already socially and morally down the toilet, but mostly I am wanting to go to as many National Parks as I can that I've never seen. Places like Yellowstone, Big Bend, Death Valley, Arches Area in Utah, Pikes Peak, Glacier National Park, etc. Have been to some, but a lot still to see . One of my favorites is right here in Mississippi......on Ship Island about 20 miles off the shore of Gulfport. (Fort Massachusetts Civil War Fort and history involved in battles there). Was really neat and I highly recommend going on Capt. Pete's shuttle boat from 9am to 3pm. Also, want to see Pictured Rocks shoreline near Manistique, Michigan (upper penninsula). Usually those places aren't harmed by our nations wokeness yet. But if I don't go soon, they will be.

Coach34
04-23-2023, 08:23 PM
Today ended our postseason hopes. This team is done

maroonmania
04-23-2023, 09:17 PM

I will say now that OM will be our last SEC series win of the year. We aren't making anything this year unless we somehow sneak into the SEC tournament. Team will not make post season though either way. Our pitching staff is a disaster.

Lord McBuckethead
04-23-2023, 09:32 PM
I mean, if we beat LSU and Ark and Tenn then yeah, we may be hosting. But we won?t because our pitchers are not good.

CaptainObvious
04-23-2023, 09:40 PM
What a coincidence. Wasn?t Ole Miss our last series win last year? And they turned it around after that while State floundered to dead freaking last under the unbelievable Coaching of Lemonisfoxhallgeatreauchesebrough! The baseball managers need to start coaching and the coaches need to start washing the uniforms! Can?t be any worse than what I witnessed from the 5th inning yesterday until the 9th inning today.

EdwardDrayton
04-23-2023, 09:55 PM
What a coincidence. Wasn?t Ole Miss our last series win last year? And they turned it around after that while State floundered to dead freaking last under the unbelievable Coaching of Lemonisfoxhallgeatreauchesebrough! The baseball managers need to start coaching and the coaches need to start washing the uniforms! Can?t be any worse than what I witnessed from the 5th inning yesterday until the 9th inning today.

Well, um, you know, are we really sure that's a good idea with our uniforms?!!?

BrunswickDawg
04-24-2023, 05:08 PM
Well, um, you know, are we really sure that's a good idea with our uniforms?!!?

They will mix the whites and the colors and then every home series will be "Breast Cancer Awareness" games for the rest of the season

EdwardDrayton
04-24-2023, 05:26 PM
They will mix the whites and the colors and then every home series will be "Breast Cancer Awareness" games for the rest of the season

LOL! Rep!

Leeshouldveflanked
04-24-2023, 05:27 PM
The reality is that during the last 40 years of MSU Baseball, 90 percent of NCAA schools did not put any resources or money into their baseball programs. Now that a lot of bigger schools are throwing money at baseball, MSU is just another program with a nice stadium.

EdwardDrayton
04-24-2023, 05:29 PM
Are we serious about baseball? No announcements so apparently not yet. But we're waiting. Until then we'll entertain ourselves by making fun of it.