PDA

View Full Version : Proposition for next season....

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Some may disagree, but I think we need to be realistic about next season and not start predicting BCS bowls and 10 win seasons.

Next year we should be a 7 to 9 win team depending on how other teams improve or regress. The season will be a lot more enjoyable if we don't throw 10 win expectations on this program.

I will probably go into the year expecting 8 wins, and if we win 9+ it will be a huge scoop of icing on the cake.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 03:10 PM
8 wins should be the expectation next year

MarketingBully01
11-30-2013, 03:11 PM
I agree for the most part with your assessment however I think next year could be really special especially if we can win that LSU game the fourth game in. We win that one and the sky is the limit for next season.

ckDOG
11-30-2013, 03:15 PM
8 wins should be the expectation next year

Yep. Schedule sets up nicely for a potential big year. 8 should be the number. Anything more is gravy.

messageboardsuperhero
11-30-2013, 03:27 PM
I haven't seen anyone predicting 10 wins next season- most people have us around 8 wins, which is fair.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2013, 03:27 PM
8 is the over/under. Anything less is a disappointment. Anything better is gravy.

We have 6 must win games. UK, Vandy, and the 4 non-conference games.

Then you get Ark, A&M, and AU at home + OM on the road. Need to win at least 2 of those 4.

Then lose to Bama and LSU on the road most likely.

RC3
11-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Some tough games on the schedule and I realize we get some should be winnable games at home but these teams are no slouches and all will have a chance to beat us at home: vandy, auburn and a&m, hell even Arkansas can have it turned around by then. We win two of those though and we should be at 7 wins. it seems perfectly reasonable to set our expectations at that number for the bottom floor of what we should do next year

Bothrops
11-30-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm hoping for 7 wins, anything in addition to that is gravy. Our first 3 conference games are as tough as it comes. If we're 1-2 in those I'll be happy. Next year's schedule just starts out easy, but that ends quickly! The A&M game is a must win, because we get Auburn after that and they could win the west.

bluelightstar
11-30-2013, 05:10 PM
Above 8 is gravy.

Coach 57
11-30-2013, 05:25 PM
I agree anything less than 8 won't be good at all.

But I feel like next year will be a VERY good season. The guys that forged ahead for us late are ALL coming back! But replacing Siddoway is going to an issue though. I'm telling you.

FlabLoser
11-30-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm too busy enjoying the Egg Bowl to give this any thought.

RougeDawg
11-30-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm too busy enjoying the Egg Bowl to give this any thought.

^^^^^This all day^^^^

Staying in Oxford this weekend hunting and I haven't taken off my maroon the entire time I'm in town. Probably going to ring my bell the entire 30 second drive though the square tomorrow on my way out.

Jacksondevildog
11-30-2013, 05:40 PM
We do have two junior college offensive lineman coming in next year in Johnson and Price. Malone (injured) will be back as well as Clayborn (injured). I feel that our offensive line, barring injuries, will be a strong point.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 05:45 PM
We do have two junior college offensive lineman coming in next year in Johnson and Price. Malone (injured) will be back as well as Clayborn (injured). I feel that our offensive line, barring injuries, will be a strong point.

Yep, we SHOULD be able to find a good OLine out of...

Clausell, Day, Malone, Senior, Clayborne, Beckwith, Robinson, Desper, the youngsters, and the Jucos.

Any chance Flowers or Thomas could improve enough to get some PT next year?

Coach 57
11-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Clayborn is hurt? When did that happen? I was at the game I guess I missed it. But yes the JUCO kids coming in will help the RT situation. I could see Clayborn moving into Gabe's spot, Clausell has actually been very good, Malone or Beckwith will be good at RG. Also if have heard Jake has been progressing well at RT too.

Jacksondevildog
11-30-2013, 05:50 PM
I want to say that Clayborn got hurt a couple of months ago. I could be wrong though. I know Malone was out for the year for sure.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 06:27 PM
I want to say that Clayborn got hurt a couple of months ago. I could be wrong though. I know Malone was out for the year for sure.

Senior has been hurt, maybe that's who you were thinking about. I didn't know Clayborn was hurt. But maybe so.

Also, Coach57...How has Flowers been progressing? Many thought he was our best lineman recruit, so it's great to see Clayborn looking good and to hear that Thomas is looking good. Just curious as to the word on Flowers. I think Chris Jones mentioned Thomas and Flowers in the interview he did a few weeks back. I thought he said that those guys were making the DLine better in practice