PDA

View Full Version : CJ Moore of Ole Miss

somebodyshotmypaw
04-21-2023, 01:25 PM
Ole Miss alum and Detroit Lion player CJ Moore has been suspended indefinitely by the NFL for betting on NFL games. The suspension will be at least one year. The Detroit Lions promptly cut him and told him to go home and run the streets of Bassfield, MS like the dumbass that he is.

Saltydog
04-21-2023, 02:36 PM
He's toasted. . . . . He's not so good people will be risk taking a chance on him. . . . .

Tater
04-21-2023, 03:43 PM
Hot take: Gambling in the NFL should be allowed, but only if you are betting on your team to win or you to hit OVER certain thresholds.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-21-2023, 04:16 PM
Hot take: Gambling in the NFL should be allowed, but only if you are betting on your team to win or you to hit OVER certain thresholds.

Totally disagree. It could easily lead to the fixing of games.

Tater
04-21-2023, 05:05 PM
Totally disagree. It could easily lead to the fixing of games.

Re-read my comment. How would it fix the game if one dude bet on his team to win. I can hear some things about his own stats and would back off of it, but there should be nothing wrong about throwing 20 stacks on your team and getting paid if you win.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-21-2023, 05:21 PM
Some of these guys get 6 game suspensions because they bet on non NFL games. Why would the NFL punish players for betting on a different sport? They don't. The players were punished for betting while on the property of their NFL teams.

So, why can they bet on an NBA game when standing across the street, but get a 6 game ban if they do it 30 yars away inside the practice facility? That's the real ridiculous rule here

somebodyshotmypaw
04-21-2023, 07:21 PM
Re-read my comment. How would it fix the game if one dude bet on his team to win. I can hear some things about his own stats and would back off of it, but there should be nothing wrong about throwing 20 stacks on your team and getting paid if you win.

High paid wideout bets $20 million on one game for his team to win, so it’s not an issue in your opinion. With 30 seconds left they have the ball down 21-17, so it looks like the wideout will lose his big bet. Wideout runs to the end zone and the cornerback falls down, leaving the wideout wide open for the game winning touchdown. He wins his big bet.

Did the wideout come to the line of scrimmage and offer the cornerback $5 million to fall down and let him score? Because the wideout was about to lose $20 million. The corner might have agreed because his team was 2-13 at that point and he was making the league minimum and could use the money. Makes you wonder about the integrity of the game.

Nobody even touched the cornerback. He just fell. And the rumor is that he bet on his team to win the last 2 weeks and lost both bets. So rumor is that the corner is deeply in debt.

You now have your answer.

Goldendawg
04-21-2023, 11:01 PM
Pete Rose says, so what's the issue here.? BTW, I recently talked to a player on our Final Four Men's Basketball team and he says no doubt in his mind that one of our players shaved points in that loss. This has been going on since the Chicago Black Sox and even before.

Pancho
04-22-2023, 07:28 AM
Bullard?

Goldendawg
04-22-2023, 11:14 AM
That name came up.