PDA

View Full Version : Was watching KY @ LSU baseball with Skenes....

SpaceBully
04-19-2023, 05:52 PM
...pitching. He is indeed a hard thrower and has a tough slider with right to left motion. However, the KY left handed batters were pounding him as that slider broke right into their wheel-house. Against righthanders, he is especially tough as that slider breaks hard and away at the last moment. If we could start the best LH batters we have, I think it's possible to get to him. Against someone like Dak Jordan, he could really negate his power. Dak will have to learn to layoff that pitch, but it will be hard to do because it starts out like it's coming right down the middle, but breaks late. Gonna be an interesting matchup as I suppose we start Jurrangelo.

bulldogcountry1
04-20-2023, 01:31 PM
And since he's the talk of the conference, umpires will always give him an extra ball width of strike zone.

ETA: The "strikeout" of T.A. to Rocker still pisses me off.

SPMT
04-20-2023, 09:11 PM
...pitching. He is indeed a hard thrower and has a tough slider with right to left motion. However, the KY left handed batters were pounding him as that slider broke right into their wheel-house. Against righthanders, he is especially tough as that slider breaks hard and away at the last moment. If we could start the best LH batters we have, I think it's possible to get to him. Against someone like Dak Jordan, he could really negate his power. Dak will have to learn to layoff that pitch, but it will be hard to do because it starts out like it's coming right down the middle, but breaks late. Gonna be an interesting matchup as I suppose we start Jurrangelo.

Personally, I would start our weakest pitcher against Skenes and start our two strongest against their next two.

The pitchers LSU has behind Skenes have been shelled some.

Coach34
04-20-2023, 09:53 PM
Against Skenes- my line-up would be:

1. Clark L (Clark dares him to throw the FB to start the game)
2. Ledbetter L
3. Hines L
4. Hancock L
5. Mershon L
6. Jordan R
7. Alford R
8. Larry R
9. Hugesak DH R

Make Skenes face a toughass stretch of lefty's 2 times

SPMT
04-20-2023, 09:56 PM
Against Skenes- my line-up would be:

1. Clark L (Clark dares him to throw the FB to start the game)
2. Ledbetter L
3. Hines L
4. Hancock L
5. Mershon L
6. Jordan R
7. Alford R
8. Larry R
9. Hugesak DH R

Make Skenes face a toughass stretch of lefty's 2 times

A lot of lefties wouldn?t be a bad idea.

bulldogcountry1
04-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Jake will probably go with the passive pitch count offense approach. And we get run ruled.