PDA

View Full Version : For those complaining about recruiting

confucius say
04-19-2023, 12:29 PM
The BI is launching a 100 day campaign to raise 200k. Below is a link to donate. Don't complain if you're not willing to donate at least $10.

https://members.bulldoginitiative.com/publicInj/fundraisingCampaign/makeDonation/917nbSQHzQEjtFdrHY5UnQ

Commercecomet24
04-19-2023, 12:31 PM
Thanks for posting that! Everyone of us can put something in! Let's make it happen!

BeardoMSU
04-19-2023, 12:37 PM
This should absolutely be an easy goal to meet...

Does anyone know what type of corporate partnerships the BI has made? Has the bulk of our NIL funding been things like this, i.e., from small donors within the fanbase? I would love to know a ratio of that because 200k here and there from the fans isn't going to be anywhere near enough for State to swim in the NIL ocean.

TaleofTwoDogs
04-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Link doesn't work.

R2Dawg
04-19-2023, 06:16 PM
The BI is launching a 100 day campaign to raise 200k. Below is a link to donate. Don't complain if you're not willing to donate at least $10.

https://members.bulldoginitiative.com/publicInj/fundraisingCampaign/makeDonation/917nbSQHzQEjtFdrHY5UnQ

The freedom or right to have an opinion about any deficiency doesn't begin with giving money to BI.

I give plenty to MSU in all sorts of areas. I ain't complaining about recruiting either but so what.

Sick of this NIL BS. Such a corrupt ponzi scheme. The richer programs just get more money. You will not catch up. There are more good players today than ever. So what point is NIL anyway if you waste it on players that aren't any good? I don't want any players that don't want to be here either.

BeardoMSU
04-19-2023, 06:39 PM
The freedom or right to have an opinion about any deficiency doesn't begin with giving money to BI.

I give plenty to MSU in all sorts of areas. I ain't complaining about recruiting either but so what.

Sick of this NIL BS. Such a corrupt ponzi scheme. The richer programs just get more money. You will not catch up. There are more good players today than ever. So what point is NIL anyway if you waste it on players that aren't any good? I don't want any players that don't want to be here either.

Adapt or die, R2.

And to your point, the meat of the bill shouldn't be passed to normal fans like us, but corporate deals and the millionaire alumni. That's the only way this will work.

KOdawg1
04-19-2023, 07:44 PM

You can be sick of it all you want, but it's where we're at. Either embrace it or we'll be Vandy lite

Coach34
04-19-2023, 07:53 PM
Adapt or die, R2.

And to your point, the meat of the bill shouldn't be passed to normal fans like us, but corporate deals and the millionaire alumni. That's the only way this will work.

very well put. We have to have the Big Dawgs do the major work- BUT- we have a huge army of regular Dawgs that at $20 per month would help make a difference. 10K people donating $20/month is 200K per month. We should have 20K donating $20/month. 400K/month by regular, everyday Dawgs would do huge things for our program

confucius say
04-19-2023, 07:54 PM
Link doesn't work.

Sorry. It should for people who are members. If not, just click on the "home" link and it will take you to the page where you can log in

BeardoMSU
04-19-2023, 08:23 PM
very well put. We have to have the Big Dawgs do the major work- BUT- we have a huge army of regular Dawgs that at $20 per month would help make a difference. 10K people donating $20/month is 200K per month. We should have 20K donating $20/month. 400K/month by regular, everyday Dawgs would do huge things for our program

Totally agree, 34.

BeardoMSU
04-19-2023, 08:25 PM

Also, now that we have an AD that gives af about NIL and doesn't sabotage it at every chance, we should hopefully see an uptick across the board.

Commercecomet24
04-19-2023, 11:25 PM

Nailed it!

confucius say
04-20-2023, 10:32 AM
We have 15k bulldog club members.
Just $10 a month from all of them would be 150k monthly, or 1.8 million yearly.
That would be huge.
I wish we could make it mandatory.

StarkVegasSteve
04-20-2023, 11:23 AM
Thank you for posting that. Had no clue about it, but definitely went and donated. Like others have said, even if you can only donate $10-$50 dollars do it. That's $10-$50 they didn't have before. And if we can't get money from people giving the University $100,000,000.00 then we're going to have to grass roots this thing.

Leroy Jenkins
04-20-2023, 06:48 PM
What is Wake Forest's (Or ECU? Or Campbell? Or Coastal? Or UK? Or UVA? Or BC?) NIL budget for baseball compared to MSU?.....

Todd4State
04-20-2023, 11:35 PM
That would be huge.

I wish the Bulldog Club would automatically give a percentage of our donations to BI.

They keep increasing our donation level and that hurts what many of us can give to the BI

R2Dawg
04-21-2023, 11:44 AM
Adapt or die, R2.

We won't die. We wasted NIL baseball money that produced basically nothing.

Fact is, we ain't going to outspend any of the big boys for anyone they really want.

R2Dawg
04-21-2023, 11:46 AM
I wish the Bulldog Club would automatically give a percentage of our donations to BI.

They keep increasing our donation level and that hurts what many of us can give to the BI

The money pot ain't endless to your point which I why I keep saying it is a ponzi scheme. Everyone got their hand out everywhere. The ballon will not continue unchecked. Some folks are in a panic thinking we'll implode if we don't sell our firstborn to give to NIL.

R2Dawg
04-21-2023, 11:46 AM
That would be huge.

Just curious, how many wins does that buy us?

R2Dawg
04-21-2023, 11:49 AM

Difference in exactly what? Honest question. Never seen anyone answer it. Where is the data or proof of what it gets us. One 5 star in football don't win us nothing. Bama got all the money and they ain't got a QB.

How much money we pay a player that doesn't produce? How many wins does it get us? TAMU says high from the I got the most money but no championships.

MrCoachKlein
04-21-2023, 12:11 PM
Difference in exactly what? Honest question. Never seen anyone answer it. Where is the data or proof of what it gets us. One 5 star in football don't win us nothing. Bama got all the money and they ain't got a QB.

How much money we pay a player that doesn't produce? How many wins does it get us? TAMU says high from the I got the most money but no championships.

25K more? Might've gotten us to a championship in 2010.

gtowndawg
04-21-2023, 12:44 PM
I pay every month to be in the Bulldog Initiative. It's not much but my only small complaint is there's no communication. I was sort of hoping maybe they would give some updates from time to time. In fact, I've not received anything about this new goal and you would think they would hit up existing members to see if they can up their gift or do a small one-time gift?

I'd also love to know how many members there are currently. Not complaining, it's hard to get these things off the ground and run proficiently, they will get there! I appreciate those behind the effort.

NCMSTFAN
04-21-2023, 12:55 PM
What is Wake Forest's (Or ECU? Or Campbell? Or Coastal? Or UK? Or UVA? Or BC?) NIL budget for baseball compared to MSU?.....

I can't speak on most of those schools but I am very familiar with Campbell, I live about 25 minutes away from their University and have been on their campus hundreds of times. It is a very small but nice school in a very small town. Their aren't really many famous Alumni from that school other than a handful so I can pretty much assure you they aren't getting a ton of money from the alumni. They just have a really good coaching staff that knows how to evaluate talent and build a team.

YazooDawg23
04-21-2023, 01:14 PM

I bet you?re a blast at parties

Coach34
04-21-2023, 01:33 PM

It's little things like keeping players we already have. Keeping Hines at State will cost money because he will get offers from other SEC programs. Loftin, Loo, Holcombe, etc will be in the same boat. LSU made a huge offer to Tolu and it cost us to keep him at State. This is the forgotten part of NIL- it's not just pulling kids from other schools.

SpaceWranglerDawg
04-23-2023, 09:57 AM
I find it comical that the future of our athletic success or lack there of essentially comes down to how much the alumni choose to give or not give.

Personally, I?d much prefer our income going to my kids and things we want to do, not giving blindly to a system that nobody really knows what goes where.

The NIL nonsense can be quite frustrating.

Tripp McNeely
04-23-2023, 10:27 AM
I find it comical that the future of our athletic success or lack there of essentially comes down to how much the alumni choose to give or not give.

Personally, I?d much prefer our income going to my kids and things we want to do, not giving blindly to a system that nobody really knows what goes where.

I mean, hasn't it always...even before the NIL era? Those who have always spent the most, won the most.

WSOPdawg
04-23-2023, 10:32 AM
It's little things like keeping players we already have. Keeping Hines at State will cost money because he will get offers from other SEC programs. Loftin, Loo, Holcombe, etc will be in the same boat. LSU made a huge offer to Tolu and it cost us to keep him at State. This is the forgotten part of NIL- it's not just pulling kids from other schools.

Yep, my fear is seeing LSU or UF swipe Lo Cijntje next year. Hopefully we can prevent this.

SpaceWranglerDawg
04-23-2023, 10:50 AM
I mean, hasn't it always...even before the NIL era? Those who have always spent the most, won the most.

This is true, but previous it was just more ?underground? than now. The system just doesn?t give us many advantages over schools with more immediate high income generating professions. Of course our alumni do well, but lack of professional schools combined with general southeast/Mississippi salaries doesn?t exactly work in our favor.

Tmjdog
04-26-2023, 09:29 AM
How many wins does that buy us? I?d say about 6-8 wins a year. If we compete in the NIL arena, we stay a respectable program - don?t have to dominate, but must compete. If we don?t, as others have tried to explain to you, Vanderbilt Lite is a good analogy. How many consecutive years have we been bowling? We are easily recognized as a competitive program today. Let?s keep it that way. Hail State.

maroonmania
04-26-2023, 09:38 AM

That's an understatement. Not even professional leagues deal with all out bidding wars on EVERY good player EVERY year. Makes me want to swear off college sports altogether.

Lord McBuckethead
04-26-2023, 10:05 AM
Adapt or die, R2.

Then we die. Because we all can give literally all of our money, and aTm and Bama raises more anyway.

Lord McBuckethead
04-26-2023, 10:06 AM
This is true, but previous it was just more ?underground? than now. The system just doesn?t give us many advantages over schools with more immediate high income generating professions. Of course our alumni do well, but lack of professional schools combined with general southeast/Mississippi salaries doesn?t exactly work in our favor.

We should start a medical school and a law school, stat.

maroonmania
04-26-2023, 07:22 PM

That would definitely help. MSU offers a lot of technical degrees in a state without a lot of technical jobs. So a lot of our highest income graduates have had to leave the state to get good jobs. Doctors and lawyers can work anywhere and make a lot of money.

confucius say
04-27-2023, 12:23 PM

More med school students at ummc were state grads than OM grads the last time I saw those numbers. Granted, that's been a couple years ago.