PDA

View Full Version : LSU just got beat by ULL

Cowbell
04-18-2023, 11:53 PM
Their pitching staff is headed south, losing 3 pitchers lately...

AlSwearengen
04-19-2023, 07:19 AM
Which pitchers did they lose and are they gone for the season? Their Saturday guy was not far behind skenes and I’m thinking i read they lost him.

smootness
04-19-2023, 08:01 AM
Which pitchers did they lose and are they gone for the season? Their Saturday guy was not far behind skenes and I’m thinking i read they lost him.

Ty Floyd? If so, he's not even close to Skenes. Nobody else on their staff really is. That's not really a knock on the rest of their guys, though, as much as it is a reflection of how ridiculous Skenes is. But none of their other starters are really shut-down guys at all.

Harrydawg
04-19-2023, 08:25 AM
I have a very close friend and co worker who is avid LSU baseball - he has told me for a month that their back end pitching was none existent. Just don?t have the pitching depth and will loose many day 3 games due to that. Same can be said for many teams

Captain Falcon
04-19-2023, 08:42 AM
I think they were hyped up to be 2021 Arkansas or 2022 Tennessee but they are not really that kind of team. Still very good and that lineup is very scary. But outside of Skenes I do not really think their pitching is scary. And even Skenes has been a little more hittable lately.

That said, I am not sure if y?all have seen their schedule down the stretch but it is laughable, they should be pissed if they don?t win the SEC.

CJDAWG85
04-19-2023, 08:51 AM
I follow them pretty closely. Skenes is unbelievable. Floyd is a solid number 2 but they need him to get to the 6th. They had a freshman as the Sunday guy but went down with an arm injury. Hurd isn’t adjusting to SEC play. Little is still the same guy we shelled in Game 2 in Omaha. They don’t have a shut down closer either. Their pitching coach is Wes Johnson. I told my buddy who is a big LSU fan to expect a lot of arm injuries with him back when the season started.