PDA

View Full Version : No baseball tomorrow

State82
04-17-2023, 01:02 PM
That is a good thing. SU having to make up some conference games apparently. We did not need it to be played anyway.

msstate7
04-17-2023, 01:04 PM
Stars aligning...

Hopefully

Pancho
04-17-2023, 01:12 PM
Stinnett will be well rested.......

Homedawg
04-17-2023, 01:33 PM
That is a good thing. SU having to make up some conference games apparently. We did not need it to be played anyway.

I wish we could play. Our rpi isn't going to be a problem. Winning enough games is.... we still need to get some guys innings in midweek. This keeps that from happening

Commercecomet24
04-17-2023, 02:43 PM
I wish we could play. Our rpi isn't going to be a problem. Winning enough games is.... we still need to get some guys innings in midweek. This keeps that from happening

100% agree.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-17-2023, 03:42 PM

This might be proven correct. Based upon our current RPI, our current strength of schedule, and our upcoming games, I think that wins are our biggest issue. We need to improve the overall record and the conference record. i think the RPI will be fine. In other words, I might rather just get the W, and let some pitchers get some work in this case.

Commercecomet24
04-17-2023, 03:45 PM
This might be proven correct. Based upon our current RPI, our current strength of schedule, and our upcoming games, I think that wins are our biggest issue. We need to improve the overall record and the conference record. i think the RPI will be fine. In other words, I might rather just get the W, and let some pitchers get some work in this case.

This right here.

Captain Falcon
04-17-2023, 04:13 PM
I mean I get that, but it sounds like this decision was not up to us, so I have a hard time worrying about it too much.

We do have an open midweek between Tennessee and Arkansas so maybe Lemonis tries to put something together. We have done that in the past, seem to remember a last minute LA Tech game a few years ago.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-17-2023, 04:34 PM
Hopefully we are having 1st Baseman tryouts this week.

HoopsDawg
04-17-2023, 05:46 PM

not sure. Ole Miss canceled a game or 2 last year to avoid the RPI hit. We are probably better off with an intersquad scrimmage.

Homedawg
04-17-2023, 05:50 PM
not sure. Ole Miss canceled a game or 2 last year to avoid the RPI hit. We are probably better off with an intersquad scrimmage.

Yes. But at the time ole miss had very avg rpi and it was the end of the year. At present we have a good rpi w 2 top 5 rpi left and two other sec road trips of decent rpi teams. Bottom line is we have to win games. And have to win them against good rpi teams.

HoopsDawg
04-17-2023, 06:27 PM
Yes. But at the time ole miss had very avg rpi and it was the end of the year. At present we have a good rpi w 2 top 5 rpi left and two other sec road trips of decent rpi teams. Bottom line is we have to win games. And have to win them against good rpi teams.

It's going to be tough. Need to go at least 7-8 these last 5 series. That would put us at 12-18 in the SEC but our RPI would be really strong. I don't think we can ask for more than 7 wins. If we don't take 2 out of 3 from AU, we are probably toast and it's not like that's easy to do.

maroonmania
04-17-2023, 06:36 PM

As long as we have a winning overall record it's all going to come down to conference record. We get to 13 wins I think we get in but anything less than that and our overall record won't be worth much.

Homedawg
04-17-2023, 06:54 PM
As long as we have a winning overall record it's all going to come down to conference record. We get to 13 wins I think we get in but anything less than that and our overall record won't be worth much.

Get to 13 and have to win a game or two in sec tourney 12 and can't see it. Amazing what one game does.

R2Dawg
04-17-2023, 08:16 PM

We needed to play it. We are playing well, we need to keep the momentum. Also we got pitchers that need the reps and work.

Like the off week in football when you are in a groove, it can bite you.

HoopsDawg
04-17-2023, 09:18 PM
Get to 13 and have to win a game or two in sec tourney 12 and can't see it. Amazing what one game does.

Hard to see us getting to 13 with our remaining schedule and lack of an ace.

basedog
04-17-2023, 09:29 PM
If we win series against Au, Tn and Aggies we have a chance. Will be very tough winningvseries against Lsu and Arkansas.

Todd4State
04-18-2023, 12:29 AM
Stinnett will be well rested.......

Yeah. I'm pretty concerned about him starting the Governor's Cup for obvious reasons.

Todd4State
04-18-2023, 12:43 AM

All of our games are against top 50 RPI teams except for the Governor's Cup (54), Memphis, and North Alabama.

MSU and USM could help each other out potentially if we drop North Alabama and play USM in a DH that day May 16th. We'll be coming back from LSU so anything from Biloxi, Hattiesburg, Pearl, and Starkville could be options.

Todd4State
04-18-2023, 12:44 AM
I mean I get that, but it sounds like this decision was not up to us, so I have a hard time worrying about it too much.

We do have an open midweek between Tennessee and Arkansas so maybe Lemonis tries to put something together. We have done that in the past, seem to remember a last minute LA Tech game a few years ago.

I almost want to play La Tech out of principle.