PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead

basedog
04-16-2023, 05:42 PM
I actually don?t like looking ahead but since I?m not playing or coaching I will.

We have Au, Tn, Ark, LSU and TAM. The way I see it we need to win 3 series and not get swept.

Auburn is very similar to us, they can hit and there Ace has been out so pitching has been an issue. Tn has struggled lately, seems Ark, LSU and TAM are playing well.

Commercecomet24
04-16-2023, 05:48 PM
We need at least 9 more sec wins to make sure we make a regional. 8 maybe enough but it would be dicey. At least 9 more and were in postseason.

CaptainObvious
04-16-2023, 06:00 PM
With our current RPI, I would think 8-7 in the last 15 SEC should do it. The committee would Have to look at that 1-8 start and see a 12-9 finish with our schedule would have to impress. Just can?t fail in the non-Conf games along the way. That would get us to 34-22 overall before Hoover.

BeardoMSU
04-16-2023, 06:27 PM
We need at least 9 more sec wins to make sure we make a regional. 8 maybe enough but it would be dicey. At least 9 more and were in postseason.

With our current RPI, I would think 8-7 in the last 15 SEC should do it. The committee would Have to look at that 1-8 start and see a 12-9 finish with our schedule would have to impress. Just can?t fail in the non-Conf games along the way. That would get us to 34-22 overall before Hoover.

Yes and yes.

Gotta nut up or stfu.

R2Dawg
04-16-2023, 06:27 PM
Tough row to hoe but we got a chance. We really need more runs outside of HR. We relied on HR all weekend.

We need to take 2/3 from Aub next week, sweep would be nice but I don't see a sweep.

UT at home, we need 2/3.

Same with TAMU at home. TAMU got hosed by Mizz today, we can beat them.

Ark at home and LSU on road 2-4 somehow.

State82
04-16-2023, 06:33 PM
Tough row to hoe but we got a chance. We really need more runs outside of HR. We relied on HR all weekend.

We need to take 2/3 from Aub next week, sweep would be nice but I don't see a sweep.

UT at home, we need 2/3.

Same with TAMU at home. TAMU got hosed by Mizz today, we can beat them.

Ark at home and LSU on road 2-4 somehow.
UT is in Knoxville. We have 3 series on the road and 2 at home remaining.

EdwardDrayton
04-16-2023, 06:36 PM

So win four of the five series and not get swept in the fifth. Oof. Think I'll just focus on next weekend; seems less daunting.

Todd4State
04-16-2023, 06:37 PM
Our RPI is 25. We could very well get in with 12 SEC wins. I'll go so far as to say we will.

KOdawg1
04-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Here's the most likely path imo.

Sweep Auburn next week.... won't be easy on the road, but Auburn isn't that good, and if we pitch it like we did this weekend, we can absolutely do it.

Take 1 @ Tenn.... we can actually win this series because Tennessee isn't that good, but it's on the road. Can't get swept.

Take 1 vs. Arky.... they looked impressive this weekend and appear to be one of the top teams in the league. Can't get swept.

Take 1 vs. LSU.... Other than Friday night, they aren't as unstoppable as they once were because of injuries. Can't get swept.

Take 2 of 3 vs. A&M.... They're decent, but we get them at home.

Do that, and we have 13 wins, and with our RPI, it'll be enough. There's an outside shot with 12, but we'd likely to make a run in the SECT for that to happen. It all starts with a sweep next weekend though. If we just take 2/3, we'll have to win one of those series vs. Tenn, LSU, and Arkansas, and I just don't see that happening..

EdwardDrayton
04-16-2023, 06:57 PM
All the focus now on next Friday and winning Game 1.

Commercecomet24
04-16-2023, 07:05 PM
So win four of the five series and not get swept in the fifth. Oof. Think I'll just focus on next weekend; seems less daunting.

14 sec wins all but guarantees we're in. 13 probably with our rpi, 12 I doubt it. It's why I'd say we need 14 to be 100% sure.

BuckyIsAB****
04-16-2023, 07:20 PM
I think it should be on making Hoover.

EdwardDrayton
04-16-2023, 07:23 PM
Very difficult to accept we find our baseball program in this unenviable position.

State82
04-16-2023, 07:24 PM
I think it should be on making Hoover.

This is it. Been saying it since the decent started at the beginning of conference play. Just make Hoover. Primary first goal. Then see how it plays itself out.

Quaoarsking
04-16-2023, 07:27 PM
Our situation is not as bad as we may think. Next 2 opponents are @Auburn and @Tennessee, both with the same 5-10 record as us.
https://i.imgur.com/dljxjyD.png

We really need to go at least 4-2 in the next 6, which would get us to 9-12 going into the last 3: Arkansas, @LSU, Texas A&M. Getting 1 against Arkansas, 1 against LSU, and 2 against A&M then gets us to 13-17 and very likely an NCAA bid.

What's frustrating is that if we just hadn't blown the first games against Kentucky and LSU, we're 7-8 right now, an even higher RPI, and looking very likely to be in the tournament.

State82
04-16-2023, 07:32 PM
It is still early for RPI considerations but it is getting close to being in the mix.

Commercecomet24
04-16-2023, 07:50 PM
The thing is if you win those 14 sec games you make Hoover. It all ties together!

Homedawg
04-16-2023, 07:57 PM
Our situation is not as bad as we may think. Next 2 opponents are @Auburn and @Tennessee, both with the same 5-10 record as us.
https://i.imgur.com/dljxjyD.png

We really need to go at least 4-2 in the next 6, which would get us to 9-12 going into the last 3: Arkansas, @LSU, Texas A&M. Getting 1 against Arkansas, 1 against LSU, and 2 against A&M then gets us to 13-17 and very likely an NCAA bid.

What's frustrating is that if we just hadn't blown the first games against Kentucky and LSU, we're 7-8 right now, an even higher RPI, and looking very likely to be in the tournament.

Tennessee is 5-10? Can't be. I was told we should offer him whatever he wants and he's the best coach in America. Even though he gagged ast year WITH the BEST team. With that said, vitello is a good coach. Crap happens. But I can't stand that sob.

basedog
04-16-2023, 08:11 PM
Tennessee is 5-10? Can't be. I was told we should offer him whatever he wants and he's the best coach in America. Even though he gagged ast year WITH the BEST team. With that said, vitello is a good coach. Crap happens. But I can't stand that sob.

I’m right there with you!

Quaoarsking
04-16-2023, 08:32 PM
The good news is that the 3 teams we started out with (and went 1-8 against) all have top 7 RPIs. The bad news is that we have two more teams on the schedule with top 7 RPIs.

We have to rack up wins against Auburn and Tennessee. 4-2 minimum.

EdwardDrayton
04-16-2023, 08:46 PM
I’m right there with you!

Third. Can't stand the sight of that SOB.

Leroy Jenkins
04-16-2023, 08:52 PM
That Mizzou sweep of UT doesn't look as impressive now as it did a few weeks ago. How can Tony V and the cool kids be sucking as much a** as us?*

Commercecomet24
04-16-2023, 08:53 PM

Amen!

Randolph Dupree
04-16-2023, 08:57 PM
That Mizzou sweep of UT doesn't look as impressive now as it did a few weeks ago. How can Tony V and the cool kids be sucking as much a** as us?*

Because he's only a great coach if he has "an advantage". I'll leave that right there.

StarkVegasSteve
04-16-2023, 09:13 PM
Just keep winning. Keep putting yourself in situations to have these conversations. Like I said last night, every series is survive and advance at this point.

StarkVegasSteve
04-16-2023, 09:14 PM

I think they have lost some of their swagger honestly. I actually think we are playing with a lot more right now than we were at the start of the season. I think bringing back our home run celebration has something to do with that.

Leroy Jenkins
04-17-2023, 01:13 PM
I think they have lost some of their swagger honestly. I actually think we are playing with a lot more right now than we were at the start of the season. I think bringing back our home run celebration has something to do with that.

We are starting to get a little more swagger too. Jordan is a very animated guy and we had a relief pitcher nearly blow an ACL celebrating so hard. lol.

StarkVegasSteve
04-17-2023, 01:19 PM
We are starting to get a little more swagger too. Jordan is a very animated guy and we had a relief pitcher nearly blow an ACL celebrating so hard. lol.

And we need more of it. I love pimping the HRs, talking shit when you're coming off the mound, and the HR celebration that we thankfully brought back. Play with that swagger again. We haven't had it consistently since 2021. Playing with it puts pressure on you to back it up. Jordan, Highfill, Hines, and Larry all play with a ton of swagger. Dohm, Nixon, and Holcombe all pitch with a ton of it. Jurrangelo is coming around to it as well. Just keep building upon it.