PDA

View Full Version : Big Crowds and NIL

Cowbell
04-15-2023, 08:58 PM
We have got to change the way we go about NIL. If every adult state fan that was at the game today put $20 in a pot, that is somewhere between $100-150k. That gets us a LEGIT Friday night guy. We need to ask for NIL at games or make it a percentage of all concessions that is paid back from the concession company. Every time you buy a drink it goes to help get us a Friday and Saturday starter for next season.

memsu06
04-15-2023, 09:24 PM
Offer a round up during concession sales.

Would you like to round up your $9.20 purchase to $10 and have $0.80 go to the Bulldog Initiative?

Might bring awareness to the NIL and every little bit helps.

Saltydog
04-15-2023, 09:27 PM

Would you like to round up your $9.20 purchase to $10 and have $0.80 go to the Bulldog Initiative?

That's a great idea actually.

WinningIsRelentless
04-15-2023, 09:48 PM
That's a great idea actually.

I second this

Quaoarsking
04-15-2023, 09:55 PM

That's brilliant. Somebody please get this in the Athletic Department's ear.

Commercecomet24
04-15-2023, 11:46 PM

That's an awesome idea. Just about everywhere I go now and checkout they've got some kind of roundup thing going raising money for something. We need to do this at every event!

Offshore Dawg
04-16-2023, 07:35 AM
This idea makes too much sense !!

ZedFedder
04-16-2023, 07:58 AM
That really is brilliant, but I wonder is there some dumb rule where you can?t openly do something like that during a game or from the athletic department? Did they run an ad for it yesterday?

Maroonthirteen
04-16-2023, 08:01 AM
I'd like to hear some real stories from credible sources that we lost guys to NIL. Nothing more, just lost them because of money only. My point is, sure we could use more money, but I don't think that's the only issue.

Pitching..... we have guys throwing 90+ all through the line up. They seems to have good command too. They need development.

INF: Not having a stud SS is worrisome. Maybe that is money, but that position needs to have a stud every year. Go to the damn Dominican Republic or Florida ... spend more time and effort on locating and recruiting a SS.

Cowbell
04-16-2023, 01:02 PM
That really is brilliant, but I wonder is there some dumb rule where you can?t openly do something like that during a game or from the athletic department? Did they run an ad for it yesterday?

It can't be done through the university but that's why you use a third party like the concession or vending company. And in all honesty, this is how NIL should be used. If kids play well, crowds show up, they spend money, and a portion of that money then goes back into the kids. This makes perfect sense.

Cowbell
04-16-2023, 01:04 PM
Something else. The concert last night. In my opinion whoever's making money off that concert needs to go directly back to NIL. I think the bulldog initiative should sponsor the next concert If we have on one of our Fields. The bulldog initiative could use that to raise money.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-16-2023, 01:44 PM
Big NIL weekend for Ole Miss next weekend

Pancho
04-16-2023, 04:21 PM
You also said that Elliott would pitch this weekend. Maybe go back to complaining about the pretty mommas in western union county