PDA

View Full Version : Brent Rooker

Cowbell
04-13-2023, 10:28 PM
2 HR and 5 RBIs today for the Athletics. Hit a Hr yesterday as well. Hope he stays healthy and can put something together.

StarkVegasSteve
04-14-2023, 12:39 PM
2 HR and 5 RBIs today for the Athletics. Hit a Hr yesterday as well. Hope he stays healthy and can put something together.

He needs to stay consistent more than stay healthy. He'll have a good series and then have 6 terrible ones. He's in a weird spot because he dominates at the AAA and AA level but he struggles at the MLB level. I think the A's are a good spot for him right now. They obviously suck, they know they suck, and their farm system sucks so they'll be more inclined to stick with him over a team that is either trying to go young and take their lumps early or a team who's in win now mode.

BrunswickDawg
04-14-2023, 12:53 PM
He needs to stay consistent more than stay healthy. He'll have a good series and then have 6 terrible ones. He's in a weird spot because he dominates at the AAA and AA level but he struggles at the MLB level. I think the A's are a good spot for him right now. They obviously suck, they know they suck, and their farm system sucks so they'll be more inclined to stick with him over a team that is either trying to go young and take their lumps early or a team who's in win now mode.

I don't know that any of his previous stops in MLB have really given him much of a chance to stick and adjust. 7 games in '20, 58 games in '21, 16 in '22. It's hard to get consistent with that lack of a chance.
Hopefully the A's plug him in and leave him - he's already leading them in HR , RBI's, AVG, OBP, SLG and OPS while only playing in half their games.

StarkVegasSteve
04-14-2023, 01:24 PM
I don't know that any of his previous stops in MLB have really given him much of a chance to stick and adjust. 7 games in '20, 58 games in '21, 16 in '22. It's hard to get consistent with that lack of a chance.
Hopefully the A's plug him in and leave him - he's already leading them in HR , RBI's, AVG, OBP, SLG and OPS while only playing in half their games.

Exactly. Those teams were in win now mode or had other highly touted prospects that needed ABs. The A's suck and their farm system. Perfect opportunity for Rooker to get some ABs. And look, it only takes one team. Most didn't think Renfroe could make it and stick, but after his stint with Boston he'll be a MLBer til he decides to hang it up.

BrunswickDawg
04-14-2023, 01:47 PM
Exactly. Those teams were in win now mode or had other highly touted prospects that needed ABs. The A's suck and their farm system. Perfect opportunity for Rooker to get some ABs. And look, it only takes one team. Most didn't think Renfroe could make it and stick, but after his stint with Boston he'll be a MLBer til he decides to hang it up.

That's why I like Jake getting traded to the Marlins - he's going to force their hand to call them up. He's hitting .435 and playing stellar OF in Jax right now. The Marlins will give him a chance.

StarkVegasSteve
04-14-2023, 03:01 PM
That's why I like Jake getting traded to the Marlins - he's going to force their hand to call them up. He's hitting .435 and playing stellar OF in Jax right now. The Marlins will give him a chance.

He'll get up there. I doubt he'll stick, but he'll make it. That's further than I ever thought he'd get. A shame Tanner Allen won't ever make it in that organization. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not out of baseball in the next 12 months.

Cowbell
04-14-2023, 11:26 PM
Rooker just went yard again. He keeps this up and he will be a trade piece.

Cowbell
04-28-2023, 11:56 PM
Rooker now with his 8th HR (5th in ML) and batting 339. 1.213 OPS. Talk about becoming a trade piece.

Also broke Ohtani's 70+ inning streak of not giving up a Hr two days ago.

CaptainObvious
04-29-2023, 10:39 AM
I hope Rooker can build a resume this year and get traded to a contender late season.

I agree about Mangum. I really didn?t think he we get very far in the Power Age of baseball. But he is knocking on the door.

Tanner Allen is going to make an outstanding Baseball Coach. Maybe someday, for the Bulldogs once he builds his coaching resume.