PDA

View Full Version : LSU up on Kentucky 14-1 in the 4th inning

SailingDawg
04-13-2023, 07:13 PM
Someone tell me how they got 14 runs on six hits.

SteelCurtain74
04-13-2023, 07:16 PM
They hit a grand slam in the first after they were already up 2-0. I believe 3 of their first 6 runs were as a result of a walk. Quit watching it after the grandslam.

State82
04-13-2023, 07:38 PM
Watching Skenes makes me sick. Think where we would be with him on Fridays. Damn.

StarkVegasSteve
04-13-2023, 07:40 PM
Watching Skenes makes me sick. Think where we would be with him on Fridays. Damn.

Probably 3-4 more wins (ASU,OSU,UK,Bama), which would have us squarely in the mix for the tournament. Still not in the hosting conversation though

StarkVegasSteve
04-13-2023, 07:44 PM
Also is LSU just this freakishly good? Or, more likely, is Kentucky just fools gold?

Activated Alpha
04-13-2023, 07:45 PM
Were there this many high scoring games last season across baseball? Is it because of the tight zone with the umps or did something change with the ball?

Leroy Jenkins
04-13-2023, 07:50 PM
Walks and HBPs loaded the bases for 2 grand slams

SilentSteel16
04-13-2023, 07:51 PM
Yes LSU is that good, they have 4 guys, well 3 now still throwing that would be our Friday night guy. Plus that Crewes is probably going to win Golden Spikes. Morgan can swing it too, plus the portal guys. Yes they are tops in SEC therefore probably top 5 nationally and that is probably being too conservative

Activated Alpha
04-13-2023, 07:59 PM
So we want them to lose in the regional or Supers? If they make it to Omaha, ain't no one stopping them....I knew it when Jay Johnson went there that they would be damn near unstoppable

Thick
04-13-2023, 08:04 PM
Tommy White?s got more chains than Mr. T!

Homedawg
04-13-2023, 08:05 PM
Probably 3-4 more wins (ASU,OSU,UK,Bama), which would have us squarely in the mix for the tournament. Still not in the hosting conversation though

A legit Friday guy does way more for you than just Friday. It changes how you pitch the entire weekend. A guy like that is worth 3/4 games he doesn't even pitch in.

Cowbell
04-13-2023, 08:18 PM
A legit Friday guy does way more for you than just Friday. It changes how you pitch the entire weekend. A guy like that is worth 3/4 games he doesn't even pitch in.

This. This is where all our NIL money needs to go

CaptainObvious
04-13-2023, 08:18 PM
Didn?t Georgia take 2 of 3 from UK last weekend.

Pancho
04-13-2023, 08:26 PM
yes

DownwardDawg
04-13-2023, 08:52 PM

This. This is where all our NIL money needs to go

Agree 100% with both!!!

SPMT
04-13-2023, 09:26 PM
Agree 100% with both!!!

Yes. We can win in baseball and I want to see the detailed numbers for baseball. It losing money??I want to see how the cost allocation for the stadium has been allocated.

Lord McBuckethead
04-13-2023, 10:40 PM
I feel like they dropped the seams a bit on the ball. Also, I know the zone is small now, leading to way more walks and even more hits.

The Federalist Engineer
04-14-2023, 06:51 AM

According to some folks, Lemons spent the Skenes money on Stinnett and Hunt. Basically, instead of an All American, got a SWAC star and a career 7.67 ERA bullpen guy.

Fox should have paid for Skenes NIL personally. Losing his MSU job will cost him way more.

The Federalist Engineer
04-14-2023, 07:12 AM
I feel like they dropped the seams a bit on the ball. Also, I know the zone is small now, leading to way more walks and even more hits.

MSU is up 25% in walks issued from already leading the Conference in BB in the 2022, but the rest of the conference is only up ~4% in BB

Leroy Jenkins
04-14-2023, 07:48 AM
MSU is up 25% in walks issued from already leading the Conference in BB in the 2022, but the rest of the conference is only up ~4% in BB

Remember the saying "swing hard in case you hit it."? Our pitching philosophy is "throw hard in case its a strike".

Saltydog
04-14-2023, 08:31 AM
We'd better sweep this weekend because LSU is going to sweep us in Baton Rouge . . . . .

Hard to believe but after this weekend there's only 9 more home games left on the schedule and only two more SEC home series (Upig and aTm). . . . .

StarkVegasSteve
04-14-2023, 08:47 AM

That's assuming you use him like LSU does, 100+ every outing. We wouldn't do that. He would pitch 5-6 innings and we'd still have to go to the bullpen, which is one of our main problems. We're also assuming our fielding would get magically better, which wouldn't happen either. Again, Skenes would give us 3-4 more wins and we'd be in the tournament conversation. But he's not going to make your bullpen magically better. He's not going to make your .960 fielding percentage go up. This team has more holes than one starting pitcher. He would help, but he's not the one missing piece. We also need 3-4 more reliable bullpen arms, RELIABLE being the key word there, and we need our left side of the infield to get their head out of their ass. Forsythe is fielding at an .895 clip and Alford is fielding at an .813 clip. That's horrendous.

StarkVegasSteve
04-14-2023, 08:51 AM
According to some folks, Lemons spent the Skenes money on Stinnett and Hunt. Basically, instead of an All American, got a SWAC star and a career 7.67 ERA bullpen guy.

Fox should have paid for Skenes NIL personally. Losing his MSU job will cost him way more.

Yea.....that's kind of cherry picking facts. Did they, along with Hancock, get NIL money? Yes. Was that money originally earmarked for Skenes? Yes. However, what people that use that statement leave out is that we only gave those guys that money AFTER Paul Skenes had committed to LSU. Our NIL deal for Skenes was in line with LSU's. He wanted to play for Wes. Wes is a MLB pitching coach and Foxhall is not. Wes is one of the most respected pitching coaches at any level in the country. Foxhall is not. That's what it came down to, not NIL. Because that was there.

SilentSteel16
04-14-2023, 10:59 AM
I am sure LSU being loaded with its roster also helped a touch