PDA

View Full Version : Pitching rotation vs OM....

BeardoMSU
04-13-2023, 05:46 PM
I like it.

https://twitter.com/HailStateBB/status/1646632825104506880?t=cUK9Y7AX033Wz_4K31Mz-A&s=19

Activated Alpha
04-13-2023, 05:49 PM
We desperately need C. Smith to get back into form. He brings leadership to our shaky ass pitching staff. If he can become an ACE, then watch out for the rest of our staff...

BeardoMSU
04-13-2023, 06:59 PM
We desperately need C. Smith to get back into form. He brings leadership to our shaky ass pitching staff. If he can become an ACE, then watch out for the rest of our staff...

Agreed.

bulldogcountry1
04-13-2023, 08:13 PM
Three guys with ERAs well over 5. What?s not to like?**

99jc
04-13-2023, 09:12 PM

not try to be a smart ass but Cade pitching good does not mean it will rub off on these other walking machines we call pitchers. If we get swept this will be an epic meltdown.

Cooterpoot
04-14-2023, 07:45 AM
Gartman gives us 4 or 5 innings every game despite the pitching coach and errors. If Cade gets sharp, that's two guys that will give innings. Loo on Sunday is good. He's struggling since the first couple starts.
If we get swept, we should fire the entire staff. But we aren't getting swept. We own those 17rs.

Leroy Jenkins
04-14-2023, 08:29 AM
not try to be a smart ass but Cade pitching good does not mean it will rub off on these other walking machines we call pitchers. If we get swept this will be an epic meltdown.

No. But when you don't have a #1 guy, your weekend winds up being:
their 1 vs your 2
their 2 vs your 3
their 3 vs whatever is left of your pen.
It's uphill in every game, all weekend, every weekend.

ZedFedder
04-14-2023, 08:32 AM
The only outcome that would truly shock me would be if we got swept. Everything else is on the table, IMO.

HoopsDawg
04-14-2023, 09:41 AM
I like Cade as an opener for 3 innings then bring in Holcomb.

Then Gartman twice thru the order. Don't extend!

Dohm in any high leverage situation. And Hunt ready to go in close games or Sundays if Dohm is burned. Add in Lo and I like those 6.

Your guess is as good as mine on the other 2-3 guys.

StarkVegasSteve
04-14-2023, 10:20 AM
I like Cade as an opener for 3 innings then bring in Holcomb.

Then Gartman twice thru the order. Don't extend!

Dohm in any high leverage situation. And Hunt ready to go in close games or Sundays if Dohm is burned. Add in Lo and I like those 6.

Your guess is as good as mine on the other 2-3 guys.

Ideally you want Cade to give you 5-6 tonight and then Colby for 2-3 and let Dohm close.

On Saturday Gartman two times through the order hopefully puts you in the 5th and then we'll need KC to show up. Need him for 2 innings and then find someone to bridge it to Nixon for the 9th

On Sunday, I have no clue what to expect. Hopefully Jurrangelo can give you 4 and then you piecemeal it together to get to the 9th for Dohm.

Commercecomet24
04-14-2023, 10:21 AM
Gartman gives us 4 or 5 innings every game despite the pitching coach and errors. If Cade gets sharp, that's two guys that will give innings. Loo on Sunday is good. He's struggling since the first couple starts.
If we get swept, we should fire the entire staff. But we aren't getting swept. We own those 17rs.

This. Also, If they would let Gartman use his 2 seam instead of having him pitch up and try to get strikeouts he would be much more effective and would last longer. It befuddles me that we won't let him pitch to his strength(other pitchers as well), but then again they don't ask for my opinion lol.

Cooterpoot
04-14-2023, 03:33 PM
This. Also, If they would let Gartman use his 2 seam instead of having him pitch up and try to get strikeouts he would be much more effective and would last longer. It befuddles me that we won't let him pitch to his strength(other pitchers as well), but then again they don't ask for my opinion lol.

He's all 4 seam up. He does get decent movement on it but Foxhall is an idiot. That's a lot of max effort pitching. It's one size fits all for his fool ass.

Saltydog
04-14-2023, 04:05 PM
He may give us 5 but he's giving up earned runs too. His ERA is over 7. Plus, he has a knack for giving up bombs. He's a poor man's Preston Johnson.

bulldogcountry1
04-14-2023, 07:49 PM
One thing is for sure. We won?t see any pitching duels.**