PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic - XFL (Air Raid Rebuttal)

MrCoachKlein
04-11-2023, 10:19 PM
To start this off, I was a pretty big CML fanboy way before we hired him. Glad we did. He did a lot of great things for the program. Most of all and probably the most overlooked was the discipline and lack of selfishness he instilled.

I'm excited for this era of MSU football. Watching the XFL, DC just sucks defenders into the box. It really almost feels like cheating. Houston was running the literal quote "Mike Leach offense". Houston tore it up the first few weeks then started to see a lot of the same defensive formations we did. Lost 3 straight. Granted their QB was injured for 2 of those but even on his return they didn't do anything on offense against the worst team in the league.

DC on the other hand is forcing teams to pack almost 9 in the box and throwing it deep on them. I (hope) think this is what Barbay wants to do. Obviously it helps to have 5 stars at every position and maybe DC does. (Who knows talent levels of one XFL team vs another?) However, it's fun to watch a balanced offense make the D guess every single play then make them pay for being wrong.

MrCoachKlein
04-11-2023, 10:24 PM
One other thing that strikes me from the XFL is give good kickers a dang scholarship. Probably 1/3 of the games lost have been because of missed kicks.