PDA

View Full Version : Way too early football bowl season

TheLostDawg
04-11-2023, 07:43 AM
Yes I know it's for clicks but it gives you what the the perception is from an outside view.

https://collegefootballnews.com/bowl-projections/bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-predictions-2023-spring

RezDog7
04-11-2023, 07:49 AM
The ol 6-6 prediction, like clockwork.

TrapGame
04-11-2023, 09:09 AM
The ol 6-6 prediction, like clockwork.

Which means we'll finish 8-4 again.

GoDawgz
04-11-2023, 09:21 AM
And the like clock work of um being overrated...... I guess they figure Lane will have a scheme that has 3 QB's on the field at the same time.....

Quaoarsking
04-11-2023, 09:40 AM
This is probably the least I've ever been offended by the doubters, since we lost a top 10 national coach and replaced him with an unknown. I still think we'll exceed expectations anyway.

StarkVegasSteve
04-11-2023, 11:07 AM
And the like clock work of um being overrated...... I guess they figure Lane will have a scheme that has 3 QB's on the field at the same time.....

I highly doubt we see Howard this year unless he just blows away Dart or Sanders. Sanders came there to start so it'll be interesting to see how they work him in once Dart wins that QB competition. I can still see a scenario where Sanders transfers out after spring practice if Lane was stupid enough to name Dart the starter after spring. But just like the Altmeyer situation he'll string Sanders along til the 2nd or 3rd game of the season and then roll with Dart.

PGHBulldogBG
04-11-2023, 11:53 AM
The SEC West will be the Bama/LSU show. Those 2 are probably at least 12-15 spots ahead of the 3rd place team

R2Dawg
04-11-2023, 12:51 PM
Yes I know it's for clicks but it gives you what the the perception is from an outside view.

https://collegefootballnews.com/bowl-projections/bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-predictions-2023-spring

lather, rinse, repeat.

We are under rated 90% of time then one time we get respect we lay an egg. Been that way forever or at least my entire life.

viverlibre
04-11-2023, 01:22 PM
With no slip ups - 7 and 5 or 8 and 4

Sept. 2: Southeastern Louisiana at Mississippi State - Win
Sept. 9: Arizona at Mississippi State - Win
Sept. 16: LSU at Mississippi State - Loss
Sept. 23: Mississippi State at South Carolina - 50/50
Sept. 30: Alabama at Mississippi State - Loss
Oct. 7: Western Michigan at Mississippi State - Win
Oct. 21: Mississippi State at Arkansas - 50/50
Oct. 28: Mississippi State at Auburn - 50/50
Nov. 4: Kentucky at Mississippi State - 50/50
Nov. 11: Mississippi State at Texas A&M - 50/50
Nov. 18: Southern Miss at Mississippi State - Win
Nov. 23: Ole Miss at Mississippi State (Egg Bowl) - 50/50

confucius say
04-11-2023, 01:32 PM
Over under is 6.5. Pretty fair.

viverlibre
04-11-2023, 02:16 PM
I highly doubt we see Howard this year unless he just blows away Dart or Sanders. Sanders came there to start so it'll be interesting to see how they work him in once Dart wins that QB competition. I can still see a scenario where Sanders transfers out after spring practice if Lane was stupid enough to name Dart the starter after spring. But just like the Altmeyer situation he'll string Sanders along til the 2nd or 3rd game of the season and then roll with Dart.

Lane ain't gonna name a starter after spring or before the first game, he wants to string both along. Sanders was stupid to transfer to a team with an established QB, he could have gone to the barn.

TrapGame
04-11-2023, 04:01 PM

Sept. 16: LSU at Mississippi StateSept. 23: Mississippi State at South Carolina - 50/50

I think Zach Arnett beats Saban his first year. That's going to be the WTF! college football moment of 2023. And it's going to start the Arnett love outside of us.

PGHBulldogBG
04-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Win all 4 non conference and beat UK and Ole Miss at home is my prediction. This is the year the schedule is more challenging having Auburn, Arkansas and aTm on the road. Those are teams we have been fairly consistent winning at home. Maybe we can pull out a win @Auburn though they seem to still have issues from their spring game

Dawgology
04-11-2023, 04:27 PM
Win all 4 non conference and beat UK and Ole Miss at home is my prediction. This is the year the schedule is more challenging having Auburn, Arkansas and aTm on the road. Those are teams we have been fairly consistent winning at home. Maybe we can pull out a win @Auburn though they seem to still have issues from their spring game

Agreed. I've heard several media outlets saying this is a favorable schedule because Bama and LSU are at State this year. Nope. Give me Arkansas, Auburn, and Tamu at State anytime over Bama and LSU. Bama and LSU are games we will lose more than win and being at home doesn't really improve our chances beyond a few percentage points where the other three at home swings waaaay our direction. That would just about be three wins you could confidently tack on this year with a real chance at an 8+ win season.

SteelCurtain74
04-11-2023, 04:46 PM
I think 8-4. Win non conference and beat Kentucky, Ole Miss, A & M and one of Arkansas or Auburn. I fully expect by the time we play A & M, the Fisher/ Petrino experiment will be in full collapse.

MrCoachKlein
04-11-2023, 09:38 PM

Sept. 16: LSU at Mississippi State - Loss
Sept. 23: Mississippi State at South Carolina - 50/50

I think everyone is crowning LSU a little early. Miss Cleo sayes LSU/USCe 1-1. Arky/Auby/Ky 2-1. Win our anual A&M beatdown and smack TSUN. That leaves me at....Miss Cleo at 9-3.

Miss Cleo is wrong IMO. We 17 one up and go 8-4 with a bowl win.

DownwardDawg
04-12-2023, 12:26 AM
We are going to stomp LSU in Starkville this year. It's going to be a beat down.

DownwardDawg
04-12-2023, 12:27 AM
9-3

SpaceBully
04-12-2023, 01:20 AM

If we're to go to that bowl, think I'd rather just go to the Bahamas or Hawaii. I just went to Tampa. Let's go somewhere else, even if we have the same record.

viverlibre
04-12-2023, 06:03 AM
Agreed. I've heard several media outlets saying this is a favorable schedule because Bama and LSU are at State this year. Nope. Give me Arkansas, Auburn, and Tamu at State anytime over Bama and LSU. Bama and LSU are games we will lose more than win and being at home doesn't really improve our chances beyond a few percentage points where the other three at home swings waaaay our direction. That would just about be three wins you could confidently tack on this year with a real chance at an 8+ win season.

Great point, I'd rather than our 50/50 games at home than Bama/LSU.

TrapGame
04-12-2023, 08:21 AM
9-3

Yep, good chance of 9-3 and Arnett is crowned the next up and comer in college football head coaches.

StarkVegasSteve
04-12-2023, 08:29 AM
Realistically: 7-5
Homer in Me: 9-3 or 10-2

BrunswickDawg
04-12-2023, 09:34 AM

It is really a wash:
On the road the past decade - Ark 4-1, (and that 1 was BS); Auburn 2-3; A&M 2-3. Bama 0-5 with only 1 loss closer than 24 pts (2014), LSU 2-3. That's a total 10-15
At home - Ark 3-2, Auburn 3-2, A&M 4-1, Bama 0-5, LSU 1-4. Total of 11-14

Personally, I think IF we are going to have a a big year, we need homefield advantage in LSU/Bama for a chance to win. We've shown we can win pretty well at AU/Ark/A&M

TrapGame
04-12-2023, 09:55 AM
It is really a wash:
On the road the past decade - Ark 4-1, (and that 1 was BS); Auburn 2-3; A&M 2-3. Bama 0-5 with only 1 loss closer than 24 pts (2014), LSU 2-3. That's a total 10-15
At home - Ark 3-2, Auburn 3-2, A&M 4-1, Bama 0-5, LSU 1-4. Total of 11-14

Personally, I think IF we are going to have a a big year, we need homefield advantage in LSU/Bama for a chance to win. We've shown we can win pretty well at AU/Ark/A&M

Bama is not the juggernaut they used to be. They have fallen a couple of pegs. I think Arnett makes Bama a statement game this season. If we don't win (which I think we will) it will still be a very close and competitive game. Probably the most competitive we've been with Bama since 2017.

MrCoachKlein
04-12-2023, 11:08 AM
Bama is not the juggernaut they used to be. They have fallen a couple of pegs. I think Arnett makes Bama a statement game this season. If we don't win (which I think we will) it will still be a very close and competitive game. Probably the most competitive we've been with Bama since 2017.

I hope you're right. I'm so sick of taking that game off for whatever reason and being curb stomped by them.

StarkVegasSteve
04-12-2023, 11:16 AM

Maybe so. They're returning a lot on that defense. It'll come down to what Rees is able to do with the QB. Most tend to believe it'll be Simpson. If they don't get more help from their receivers then it'll be a long year for them. Bryce Young being superhuman covered up almost all their offensive decencies last year.....of which there were many.

I just don't know how well we're truly going to fare against them honestly. You have to have a true dual threat to beat them and we don't have that. Now maybe you can go Freeze or Malzahn and tempo them to death, but I still think your QB has to have a threat of running and Will is not going to take off. And if you put Wright in there then they know what's coming.

parabrave
04-12-2023, 11:29 AM
Realistically: 7-5
Homer in Me: 9-3 or 10-2

REalistically 9-3 Homer 11-1. Why are we not favored to beat USCe and TAM and OM>?

StarkVegasSteve
04-12-2023, 11:46 AM
REalistically 9-3 Homer 11-1. Why are we not favored to beat USCe and TAM and OM>?

USCe has a lot of offseason juice and it's on the road. A&M is still A&M and has a TON of talent. If Jimbo gets out of his own way then they'll win 10 games and that one is on the road. Can't really tell you on OM except it's 7 months til the Egg Bowl, we have a new HC who's never been one before and they have the same offensive system and Lane, who's been a HC for 10 years.