PDA

View Full Version : A look ahead to next weekend in SEC Baseball

CadaverDawg
04-21-2013, 06:09 PM
With predictions...

Arkansas at Georgia (Arkansas wins 2 of 3)

Auburn at Missouri (Auburn wins 2 of 3)

Kentucky at Mississippi (Ole Miss wins 2 of 3)

Mississippi State at Vandy (Vandy wins 2 of 3)

South Carolina at LSU (LSU wins 2 of 3)

Tennessee at Florida (Florida sweeps)

Texas A&M at Alabama (Alabama wins 2 of 3)

We really need Kentucky to step up and for LSU to handle their business at home. Georgia winning a home series over Arkansas wouldn't hurt either. Other than that, we just need to play our asses off and at least get 1. Big big weekend for our team if we want to be a National Seed. If we can find a way to take 2 at Vandy, we will be in serious business.

Your thoughts and predictions....

Coach34
04-21-2013, 07:26 PM
we need a series upset somewhere

Todd4State
04-21-2013, 07:36 PM
I can't argue with any of the predictions. It's a huge weekend for us, and a chance to make a nice statement.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Looking at the way we have hit teams aces (for example Stanek from Arkansas) I wouldn't be to surprised to see is beat Vandy's ace Friday night. Especially if we get a good outing from Pollo.

msstate7
04-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Kentucky takes 2 out of 3. Ole miss struggles against lefties. Kentucky will throw 3 of them

Coach34
04-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Looking at the way we have hit teams aces (for example Stanek from Arkansas) I wouldn't be to surprised to see is beat Vandy's ace Friday night. Especially if we get a good outing from Pollo.

we hit RHP's period. No pitcher ever goes undefeated- he's due to lose one

msstate7
04-21-2013, 08:51 PM

Hopefully we can hang a loss on beede and wahl.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-21-2013, 08:58 PM

I agree. I have decided we hit most teams aces better because we are impatient at the plate and they throw more strikes meaning we swing at better pitches. Against struggling pitchers that don't throw as many strikes we tend to swing at a lot of pitches out of the zone making us ground out and pop up a lot more. You are right about us hitting righties pretty hard in general too.

msstate7
04-21-2013, 09:21 PM
I agree. I have decided we hit most teams aces better because we are impatient at the plate and they throw more strikes meaning we swing at better pitches. Against struggling pitchers that don't throw as many strikes we tend to swing at a lot of pitches out of the zone making us ground out and pop up a lot more. You are right about us hitting righties pretty hard in general too.

Eades being the exception. We got nothing off him

WeWillScrewItUp
04-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Eades being the exception. We got nothing off him

Thanks I knew I was forgetting one that we didn't do well against. Couldn't recall who it was off the top of my head though.

biscuit
04-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Vandy has excellent pitching from top to bottom. We are gonna have to swing the bats well. Did I mention that Vandy hits well too.

msstate7
04-22-2013, 08:06 AM
Vandy has excellent pitching from top to bottom. We are gonna have to swing the bats well. Did I mention that Vandy hits well too.

We pitch and hit well too. Hopefully this series doesn't come down to baserunning or costly errors because we get the short end of that deal