PDA

View Full Version : Haley Van Lith Transferring

Tater
04-08-2023, 11:44 AM
Top player out of Louisville. Supposedly it's a done deal where she's going and there's some smoke that it's here. Would be huge for the program and thrusts our Women's team right back into the national conversation. I've also heard smoke that John Ruiz from Miami paid out the wazoo for her, but haven't been able to confirm anything.

MetEdDawg
04-08-2023, 11:47 AM
She had a very good relationship with Purcell and talked about it publicly when he was announced for us while still coaching Louisville.

She was the #2 player in the class of 2020 and averaged just under 20 points a game last year. She would be an incredible pull and paired with Jessika Carter could give us one of the best 1-2 punches in the country.

Quaoarsking
04-08-2023, 12:47 PM
Wait really??

When I saw this video, I thought to myself, "hey, this girl would know Purcell. We should get her to transfer here!" But I never thought it would seriously be a possibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZbNLoio_4

SteelCurtain74
04-08-2023, 01:06 PM
Would love to get her. Not bad to look at either. Seems to have a good head on her shoulders based on the interviews of her I've seen.

With all that said, I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up at LSU.

KOdawg1
04-08-2023, 01:59 PM
I'm thinking LSU

WSOPdawg
04-08-2023, 02:17 PM
That on-court attitude combined with her stats night-in and night-out reminds me of Sophie Cunningham that used to play at Mizzou. Would love to have HVL suit up in the maroon and white.

CaptainObvious
04-08-2023, 04:32 PM
I would be surprised if she signs with a Nike school that requires all Athletes to wear full Nike attire. After all, she has an NIL deal with Adidas who just happens to be a MSU athletics apparel sponsor. I like our chances but Miami probably has the edge since she also models and South Beach is a bastion of the Modeling industry.

Pancho
04-08-2023, 04:33 PM
be some heat in Miami if she joins up with the hot twins

ZedFedder
04-08-2023, 04:37 PM
She does love Purcell, but I doubt it is State. We shall see!

NCMSTFAN
04-08-2023, 04:41 PM
Purcell is a heck of a recruiter and she loves him so it's not out of the question. She would fill up seats by herself, she's box office and women's basketball is on the rise... she could come to State and help put us back on the map, plus it's not a rebuild, Purcell has some talent returning and coming in.

If I remember correctly Vic recruited her while he was recruiting Rickea Jackson because both played on the USA 3 vs 3 team.

StarkVegasSteve
04-08-2023, 04:43 PM
It is not here. There is no smoke. No clue why some of our fans cannot understand that. She is out of all likelihood going LSU, Miami, or west coast.

Homedawg
04-08-2023, 04:51 PM
We have zero shot at this....

StarkVegasSteve
04-08-2023, 05:04 PM
We have zero shot at this....

Do not tell that to the GPers. They are certain she is transferring to State because they have made up a reason that she loves Purcell. They also are the same people that think Starkville is better than Las Vegas.

NCMSTFAN
04-08-2023, 05:06 PM
Regardless, Purcell has three 4 star top 100 girls coming in and one is 6'6" and can literally gaurd every position on the floor.. plus we bring back Jessika Carter, Ramani Parker, Debreasha Powe, Jerkaila Jordan and Denae Carter.. we have 3 or 4 spots remaining because we had some transfers leave but Purcell has talent with or without Van lith... that being said I'd love to have her, we lose Annie Hayes, Asianae Johnson and Ahlana Smith, thats all of our PG's so she could come in and take over PG duties right away, adding that type of talent makes us a final four caliber team, but it sounds like it's a long shot

Tater
04-08-2023, 05:10 PM
Do not tell that to the GPers. They are certain she is transferring to State because they have made up a reason that she loves Purcell. They also are the same people that think Starkville is better than Las Vegas.

Hey man, I'm just passing word and starting a convo. I also heard from my miami folk that it's like ruiz dropped the bag off and he is working on getting another big name forward. LifeWallet man has decided he's going buy Miami to the top in every sport.

FWIW, I think it's unlikely to be here, but things line up for it to not be out of the realm of possibility. Playstyle would fit perfect, adidas school, Purcell connection, a bit of a name brand in women's hoops. Worth discussing on a slow sports news day.

NCMSTFAN
04-08-2023, 05:23 PM
Hey man, I'm just passing word and starting a convo. I also heard from my miami folk that it's like ruiz dropped the bag off and he is working on getting another big name forward. LifeWallet man has decided he's going buy Miami to the top in every sport.

FWIW, I think it's unlikely to be here, but things line up for it to not be out of the realm of possibility. Playstyle would fit perfect, adidas school, Purcell connection, a bit of a name brand in women's hoops. Worth discussing on a slow sports news day.

You don't have to defend it bro, like you said it's a conversation starter and she has a connection to our coach who happens to be a great recruiter so while it's highly unlikely, who knows what can happen.

StarkVegasSteve
04-08-2023, 05:32 PM

Not coming at you personally, just a little tired of State fans bending reality for why we have a chance with players and then when I try to be reasonable I am called pessimistic.

MabenMaroon
04-08-2023, 08:57 PM
Understand that she has a pretty healthy NIL deal with Adidas, if that might have any bearing .....

Homedawg
04-08-2023, 09:04 PM
You don't have to defend it bro, like you said it's a conversation starter and she has a connection to our coach who happens to be a great recruiter so while it's highly unlikely, who knows what can happen.

We can stop this thread. She ISNT coming here.

ZedFedder
04-08-2023, 09:11 PM
There is a very slim, almost 0%, chance she comes here. Cool. I agree. But she has a great relationship with Purcell and has an adidas NIL. This is a message board, right? That alone is worth talking about.

Quaoarsking
04-08-2023, 09:30 PM

Unless you're saying you have inside information that we reached out to her and she said no, then there's no need for this level of certainty. Literally no one on the Internet knows - everyone is just guessing.

Reunion Dog
04-08-2023, 11:28 PM
?Thrusts our women right back in the national conversation??

What conversation? What a joke our AD was to not counter offer Texas? And what a joke hire he made and it took him 2 years to fire her when she should have been one & done? That those arrogant pricks a little north of us have taken back the title of best women?s program in the state?

We aren?t in the National Conversation anymore? That ship sailed 4 years ago.

NCMSTFAN
04-09-2023, 07:25 AM

I didn't start the thread. Again, it's conversation I can post what I want about it, just don't respond.

Quaoarsking
04-09-2023, 09:19 AM
Apparently she has a huge deal with Adidas, and the popular speculation is that she'll go to an Adidas school to keep that.

That doesn't mean has to, so LSU, South Carolina, UConn, Iowa, etc., would be the likely destinations if she actually doesn't care about that. But if she does stick with Adidas, there are only a handful of Power 5 destinations for her:

Miami (FL) - 9 seed, lost in the Elite 8, deep pockets spending on players in all sports9:15 AM 4/9/2023
Indiana - 1 seed, lost in the round of 32 (to Miami)
Mississippi State - 11 seed, lost in the round of 32, close relationship with the head coach
NC State - 7 seed, lost in round of 64
Kansas - WNIT champion
Washington - WNIT semifinalist, she grew up in Washington
Georgia Tech - didn't make the WNIT
Boston College - didn't make the WNIT
Arizona State - didn't make the WNIT
Texas A&M - didn't make the WNIT
Rutgers - didn't make the WNIT

If she really is staying with an Adidas school, you have to think we have a decent shot at her, given our competition. I wouldn't say we're the favorite (that's clearly Miami from a money perspective and probably Indiana from a "win a national title" perspective), but we'd have to be in the top 4 or so, so I think it's totally legitimate to speculate on the possibility of getting her, as long as we're not getting our hopes up.

Tater
04-09-2023, 09:43 AM

What conversation? What a joke our AD was to not counter offer Texas? And what a joke hire he made and it took him 2 years to fire her when she should have been one & done? That those arrogant pricks a little north of us have taken back the title of best women?s program in the state?

You're one of the top 5 dumbest posters on the board. Didn't you say our men's team was left for dead and would finish 1-10 down the stretch?

With literally grabbing the best player in a regional that is our one specific need after losing a close game in year 1 to a top 10 team, it does thrust us back into top 10 discussion. And with Women's we're starting to see a tad bit more parity across the board.

StarkVegasSteve
04-09-2023, 09:45 AM

Umm.....we did counter. It's been reported by everyone we countered the offer. Schaefer would've been one of the Top 3 paid coaches in WBB. Now, I'll agree that Penson was a bad hire. However, I don't know who you would've hired. I mean Johnnie Harris, who everyone wanted to hire, has been 3 shades of terrible at Auburn and we swung and missed on Graves and Walz.

Percho
04-09-2023, 09:04 PM
Not coming at you personally, just a little tired of State fans bending reality for why we have a chance with players and then when I try to be reasonable I am called pessimistic.

Have you ever heard, "Why not us,"?

Well, why not us?

Just asking.

Percho
04-09-2023, 09:05 PM
Andy Dufresne: [in letter to Red] Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Quaoarsking
04-09-2023, 11:10 PM
The Internet seems pretty convinced that she's going to LSU. If so, the "Adidas theory" was a bust.

LSU may be the new UConn if true, since they're returning most of their team from this past year.

KentuckyDawg13
04-10-2023, 06:55 AM
Does MSU even have an athlete in the top 100? Haley is ranked in the top 100 btw.

StarkVegasSteve
04-10-2023, 08:53 AM
Have you ever heard, "Why not us,"?

Well, why not us?

Just asking.

I'm a massive Why Not Us person, but I am also realistic and understand that we first off do not need to spend what it could cost to get her, which is mid six figures in NIL. We also are not in it at all. She had a do not contact next to her name in the portal which means she already knows where she is going, and it's LSU.

NCMSTFAN
04-10-2023, 09:29 AM
Does MSU even have an athlete in the top 100? Haley is ranked in the top 100 btw.

3 of our 4 incoming freshman are in the top 100, the other is a JUCO player. Jessika Carter, Debreasha Powe, Ramani Parker and Jerkaila Jordan were all top 100 players in their classes. We actually have good talent on this roster

Homedawg
04-10-2023, 11:30 AM
3 of our 4 incoming freshman are in the top 100, the other is a JUCO player. Jessika Carter, Debreasha Powe, Ramani Parker and Jerkaila Jordan were all top 100 players in their classes. We actually have good talent on this roster

he's referring to NIL top 100. We don't have a top 100, no. But those lists are all bull. They are based on what they are "worth" not what they are receiving. There are very very few cases of people knowing what these players are actually receiving.

NCMSTFAN
04-10-2023, 11:42 AM
he's referring to NIL top 100. We don't have a top 100, no. But those lists are all bull. They are based on what they are "worth" not what they are receiving. There are very very few cases of people knowing what these players are actually receiving.

Oh I gotcha, I saw that list the other day. Ahlana Smith was in the top 100 for us for NIL

https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/college/womens-basketball/

That being said the numbers aren't 100% accurate, these players aren't reporting every dollar they are making

ScoobaDawg
04-10-2023, 12:24 PM
Oh I gotcha, I saw that list the other day. Ahlana Smith was in the top 100 for us for NIL

https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/college/womens-basketball/

That being said the numbers aren't 100% accurate, these players aren't reporting every dollar they are making

Actually have 2. Jerkaila Jordan is on the list also.

KentuckyDawg13
04-10-2023, 02:49 PM
Not rankings.

KentuckyDawg13
04-10-2023, 02:54 PM
I agree the NIL lists are BS. My son's girlfriend has quite a few NIL sponsors (swimming), and they are NOT reported on the NIL lists. It's the wild/wild west in NIL land.
Just do not see MSU stepping up for Van Lith's services. She's a really big star here in Louisville, going to take a lot of mojo to get her on-board wherever.

Quaoarsking
04-10-2023, 03:20 PM
The key question is whether her Adidas deal will require her to play at an Adidas school or not.

If no, then we don't have a chance in Hell at getting her.
If yes, then we are at worst her 4th most likely destination (behind Miami, Washington, and Indiana), maybe higher depending on how much she likes Purcell.

Homedawg
04-10-2023, 04:38 PM
The key question is whether her Adidas deal will require her to play at an Adidas school or not.

If no, then we don't have a chance in Hell at getting her.
If yes, then we are at worst her 4th most likely destination (behind Miami, Washington, and Indiana), maybe higher depending on how much she likes Purcell.

I'll repeat, we have no chance of getting her.

Cooterpoot
04-10-2023, 04:45 PM
She's not coming here. It's likely LSU or headed west.

Bothrops
04-10-2023, 05:36 PM
LSU hiring that coach was the worst thing that could have happened for Purcell.

Homedawg
04-10-2023, 06:24 PM
Considering that coach was hired a year before Purcell I don't see how it matters really. He took the job knowing she was there.

EdwardDrayton
04-10-2023, 06:31 PM

This is a broader and more relevant perspective. Let's not get overly myopic about whether we get a singular player or not.

Tater
04-11-2023, 01:44 PM
Cavinder twins retiring from Miami. Sounding more and more likely Van Lith headed there.