PDA

View Full Version : Dark Horse Heisman candidate...

Hattdawg
11-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Was it me or did One of the ESPN commentators say that Dak would be a Dark Horse Heisman candidate beginning the season next year? And if I did hear that correctly, any thoughts on the possibility?

dickiedawg
11-30-2013, 08:39 AM
He did say that. And if he had 48 quarters close to the one we saw Thursday, he'd run away with it. Ha.

Pollodawg
11-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Way too early.

Behrdawg
11-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Yes, I believe that was David Pollack that said that.

RC3
11-30-2013, 08:42 AM
To do so would require him remaining healthy all year and us winning 10+. Both extremely lofty goals/expectations IMO. He will put up some huge numbers though and be one of the best in the league. IF he can stay healthy but let's face it, with his style of play, he is going to take some shots. He's gotten hurt both years he's played

BulldogDX55
11-30-2013, 08:49 AM

I was at the game, so I didn't hear it myself, but people on the boards were attributing it to Jessie Palmer.

Dawgfan77
11-30-2013, 08:51 AM
I think it was Palmer

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2013, 09:06 AM
I was thinking about this yesterday:

Due to Dak's skill set being very similar but not necessarily equal to Jordan Lynch, Manziel, and Cam Newton (Not saying Dak is as good as these guys) Dak will put up some huge numbers next season. Assuming health, Dak will put up the numbers.

Below is what Dak will need to do to win the Heisman next season:

1. Not get hurt - Dak must learn to slide this off-season, and pick his spots as to when to take contact.

2. We need to win 9+ games. He could win it with 9 wins, assuming there isn't another "no brainer" candidate. Dak will have a better defense than Manziel ever had to help him next year.

3. Must have a moment that captures America. Dak needs to do something like he did in the Egg Bowl, but will likely need to do it on the road in Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge, or possibly at home against Auburn.

There you go, if this happens, Dak will have a legitimate chance at the award. I think Dak has the talent, but it will take a winning and circumstance for him to have a chance.

RC3
11-30-2013, 09:14 AM
What year is the kid at Baylor? Don't think he's a senior

Political Hack
11-30-2013, 09:45 AM
we'll need more than 9 wins for him to have any shot. We'll have to win 10 at minimum and take down a giant along the way.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2013, 10:06 AM
we'll need more than 9 wins for him to have any shot. We'll have to win 10 at minimum and take down a giant along the way.

Hmmm, I think it depends. Tebow won it with 9 wins.

I think it will take 10 wins as well, but 9 isn't out of the question if we take down LSU or Bama on the road, and there is no other legitimate candidate.

It will likely take 10 wins, but 9 could get him invited to NY

Quaoarsking
11-30-2013, 10:18 AM
RG3 also won it at 9-3 at a non-prestige program.

nsvltndog
11-30-2013, 11:34 AM
The schedule sets up very well for next season. If there was ever a time to capitalize and go big, next year is the time to do it. I'm thinking the following season you may see the first 9 game SEC schedule.

Home vs Auburn, Vandy, Arkansas, Texas A&M, USM, UAB, and UT Martin
Road vs South Alabama, LSU, Alabama, Mississippi, and Kentucky

If we play to our potential each week there are 9-10 wins to be had within that schedule just like there are 5-6 losses to be had if we don't.

Quaoarsking
11-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Wins - USM, UAB, UTM, USA, Vandy, @Kentucky
Swing - Arkansas, Auburn, Texas A&M, @Ole Miss
Losses - @LSU, @Alabama

10-2 is possible. 7-5 would be a disappointment.

sleepy dawg
11-30-2013, 12:34 PM
ESPN had Tyler Russel on the Heisman watch list a few years ago early in the season... Just sayin.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2013, 12:35 PM
ESPN had Tyler Russel on the Heisman watch list a few years ago early in the season... Just sayin.

This should tell you that Dak most certainly will end up the list. Dak is far more talented than Tyler, fits the offense, and is the unquestionable leader of this team.

Sacrifice
11-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Dak needs to learn to get down or out of bounds when the plays over. He runs everything like he's a FB and it's 4th and 2 from the goal line. Just get what you can get then get down for the good of the team. I would love to see him play an entire season...

blacklistedbully
11-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Yep, and Black Bears fans on Rivals were quick to ridicule it.