PDA

View Full Version : Final Four

StarkVegasSteve
04-02-2023, 03:00 PM
Was in NRG last night for the national semifinals and a few thoughts I had as it relates to us:

1. How we missed on Alijah Martin and Little Spoon I will never know but we need to throw the NIL war chest at them. They take our team from First Four to a Second Weekend team.

2. We truly are just a shooter away. SDSU is the prime example. Defensively they are a lot like us, but they have one or two guys that can consistently knock down a shot and it completely changes their outlook.

3. Tolu is the X factor. Watch Sanogo and you understand why Tolu can be a matchup nightmare for anyone in March. We can still be a little more 3 pt and up tempo oriented and he can have the same production.

4. NIL and the portal is big but it is not the end all be all. FAU and SDSU built their team through returners. Not saying that we need to go that route, but you do not have to go all in on NIL and the portal to be successful.

5. Jans will get us in the position to play in a Final 4 sooner rather than later. He would have been the best coach on the floor last night. And I loved all 4 coaches in those games but Jans is just different. He willed a team that could not shoot to the tournament. Give him shooters and we will be hell on wheels. We would be a lot like UCONN

parabrave
04-02-2023, 05:12 PM
If SDSU wins it will be on the scale of Villanova. But the way UCONN has been just bulldozing teams this one might be over quickly.

basedog
04-02-2023, 05:14 PM
If SDSU wins it will be on the scale of Villanova. But the way UCONN has been just bulldozing teams this one might be over quickly.

Yes, if I was a betting man…..I’d load up.

StarkVegasSteve
04-02-2023, 05:58 PM

UCONN is a killing machine at the moment. Sanogo is just bullying everyone.

NCMSTFAN
04-02-2023, 07:39 PM
Was in NRG last night for the national semifinals and a few thoughts I had as it relates to us:

1. How we missed on Alijah Martin and Little Spoon I will never know but we need to throw the NIL war chest at them. They take our team from First Four to a Second Weekend team.

2. We truly are just a shooter away. SDSU is the prime example. Defensively they are a lot like us, but they have one or two guys that can consistently knock down a shot and it completely changes their outlook.

3. Tolu is the X factor. Watch Sanogo and you understand why Tolu can be a matchup nightmare for anyone in March. We can still be a little more 3 pt and up tempo oriented and he can have the same production.

4. NIL and the portal is big but it is not the end all be all. FAU and SDSU built their team through returners. Not saying that we need to go that route, but you do not have to go all in on NIL and the portal to be successful.

5. Jans will get us in the position to play in a Final 4 sooner rather than later. He would have been the best coach on the floor last night. And I loved all 4 coaches in those games but Jans is just different. He willed a team that could not shoot to the tournament. Give him shooters and we will be hell on wheels. We would be a lot like UCONN

I agree, we need to go after both Weatherspoon and Martin. Weatherspoon has the connection through his brothers so that may help. I don't know how we missed on Martin though.. they are both better than our guards this year. I'd keep Shak but any other guards we have are replaceable

PGHBulldogBG
04-02-2023, 08:54 PM
One thing I have learned about UConn is not to pick against them in March Madness. I didn’t get 1 other final 4 team correct but I picked UConn to win it all