PDA

View Full Version : This is the Biggest Week in Lemonis's Career

Todd4State
04-01-2023, 11:35 PM
Outside of the CWS.

If he wants to keep his job he's going to have to beat Grambling and he needs to find a way to take 2/3 from Alabama. On the road no less.

If he's not going to fire Foxhall now he needs to take over for the in game management of the pitching staff.

I think we need to move Dohm back to the bullpen. He's just more valuable there. Start Loo, Cade, and Holcombe. I'd start Loftin if he is healthy in place of Cade or Holcombe.

I'd also be repping the hell out of defense if I were in their shoes.

Not too worried about offense- Alford and Dakota Jordan are coming around. Hines and Kellum are hitting better too.

At the end of the day if Lemonis wants to save his job he better start winning some games and better start getting control of his coaching staff. There is blood in the water. We'll see how close the sharks get.

Quaoarsking
04-01-2023, 11:47 PM
I mean, what's even our path to 13-17 at this point?
2/3 at Alabama
Sweep Ole Miss
2/3 at Auburn
Go 3-6 against Tennesee/Arkansas/LSU
2/3 against Texas A&M

That seems unlikely in several of those, and I'm not even sure 13-17 gets us in the Tournament. And if we miss the NCAA Tournament altogether, Lemonis should be out no matter what.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2023, 12:15 AM
Loftin has a sore elbow. Not sure how serious yet but don't expect him back for a little while.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2023, 12:17 AM
We need to go 13-8 the rest of the way in the sec. That's a tough road to hoe.

SpaceBully
04-02-2023, 02:37 AM
Outside of the CWS.

If he wants to keep his job he's going to have to beat Grambling and he needs to find a way to take 2/3 from Alabama. On the road no less.

If he's not going to fire Foxhall now he needs to take over for the in game management of the pitching staff.

I think we need to move Dohm back to the bullpen. He's just more valuable there. Start Loo, Cade, and Holcombe. I'd start Loftin if he is healthy in place of Cade or Holcombe.

Not too worried about offense- Alford and Dakota Jordan are coming around. Hines and Kellum are hitting better too.

At the end of the day if Lemonis wants to save his job he better start winning some games and better start getting control of his coaching staff. There is blood in the water. We'll see how close the sharks get.

What are you going to do with the best starting pitcher we've had all year......Gartman?

TNDawg35
04-02-2023, 06:20 AM
What are you going to do with the best starting pitcher we've had all year......Gartman?

Midweek

Todd4State
04-02-2023, 07:59 AM
Loftin has a sore elbow. Not sure how serious yet but don't expect him back for a little while.

Lemonis said he was going to pitch this week.

SpaceWranglerDawg
04-02-2023, 09:37 AM
Yeah we're not getting to that point. I hope we win more than 1 game this week.

They're a talented team, but for whatever reason they just can't get it together...

maroonmania
04-02-2023, 10:26 AM

I swear Foxhall and his pitching staff are under some voodoo curse or something.

MaroonFlounder
04-02-2023, 03:00 PM
Gartman is only good once or twice through the opposing lineup, if he gets through that first inning unscathed.

Got to win Bama, Aub, A&M, OM series. The other series are losses.

Cowbell
04-02-2023, 03:45 PM

This makes the move to use Cade on Friday even more questionable

99jc
04-02-2023, 05:31 PM
This makes the move to use Cade on Friday even more questionable

I have never seen more loyal fans than a few of you are. You need to give it up and save yourselves from bleeding ulcers.

Lord McBuckethead
04-02-2023, 08:56 PM
Gartman is good until he hits 70 pitches. Dude is just hard to square up. Go back and look at his performances. He general gives a good damn outing, until his 70th pitch.

Cowbell
04-02-2023, 09:48 PM
I have never seen more loyal fans than a few of you are. You need to give it up and save yourselves from bleeding ulcers.

What are you talking about??

BuckyIsAB****
04-02-2023, 10:29 PM
His biggest week was in 2021 at Omaha. It is over here

The Federalist Engineer
04-02-2023, 11:29 PM
I don't agree Todd, the biggest issue is 3-12

Lemonis is 3-12 in the last three years versus LSU, Arkansas, and Tennessee. 6-18 if you include Vandy. Thank goodness he got 2 of those 5 wins in Omaha.

If they are 6-24 versus those teams at the end of the season, MSU has a withering claim to elite status in the SEC. Auburn and Kentucky may have a better record versus those 3 in the same 3 seasons. Given the investment and the competitive attributes of MSU baseball, this unacceptable. But let the games play out.

None of us and the AD and the only Cigar Boy is Msstate7, so they get to make the call.

Todd4State
04-02-2023, 11:41 PM
I don't agree Todd, the biggest issue is 3-12

Lemonis is 3-12 in the last three years versus LSU, Arkansas, and Tennessee. 6-18 if you include Vandy. Thank goodness he got 2 of those 5 wins in Omaha.

If they are 6-24 versus those teams at the end of the season, MSU has a withering claim to elite status in the SEC. Auburn and Kentucky may have a better record versus those 3 in the same 3 seasons. Given the investment and the competitive attributes of MSU baseball, this unacceptable. But let the games play out.

None of us and the AD and the only Cigar Boy is Msstate7, so they get to make the call.

He's going to have to keep winning and start beating some of those teams- I agree.

But if he doesn't win this weekend- I just don't think he can really turn it around. If he does win then maybe we can go on a run and he can get some of the heat off of his back for a little while.

The Federalist Engineer
04-02-2023, 11:51 PM
Gartman is good until he hits 70 pitches. Dude is just hard to square up. Go back and look at his performances. He general gives a good damn outing, until his 70th pitch.

Basically, one hitting cycle and then people start doing damage. Dohm too, he went from a celebrating Closer to 9.00 ERA starter. He seems single cycle too.

By the way, a hitting cycle should not take 70 pitches but our starters seem to average 20/25 per inning.

Pancho
04-03-2023, 06:06 AM
Wonder will Selmon keep lemo if he wins 3 or 4 more SEC games? maybe use Stinnett for BP from now on.

Goldendawg
04-03-2023, 10:24 AM
Gartman is only good once or twice through the opposing lineup, if he gets through that first inning unscathed.

Got to win Bama, Aub, A&M, OM series. The other series are losses.

You do realize that every one of these remaining opponents from the worst (OM?) to the best have us circled as a series that they can sweep or at least win 2 of 3 to maybe turn around their season or pad a good team's record. No one fears us at this time for good reason. That the SEC coaches picked us last in the West shows our coaching staff knew little to the contrary or maybe they did. Sad situation. My, how the "mighty" have fallen in less than two years.

Goldendawg
04-03-2023, 10:34 AM

Build it and they will come (The Dude and State baseball fans). Sadly, a winning team and the coaching staff seem to have left the building after the NC.

KB21
04-03-2023, 06:58 PM
Lemonis starting Stinnett tomorrow.

Pancho
04-03-2023, 07:12 PM
guess he didn't knock the rust off saturday. maybe he has somebody start warming in the pen when he starts pitching to batter #2, just in case.

Todd4State
04-03-2023, 11:42 PM
Lemonis starting Stinnett tomorrow.

I guess Grambling's batting practice pitcher is out.

Commercecomet24
04-04-2023, 11:18 AM
Stinnett will pitch a no hitter and strikeout 20 which will lead us to believe he can do that against sec teams and he'll get half a dozen more chances to implode lol

Offshore Dawg
04-04-2023, 11:30 AM
Wonder will Selmon keep lemo if he wins 3 or 4 more SEC games? maybe use Stinnett for BP from now on.

Not good for batting practice if he doesn't throw the ball near the p!ate.

Pancho
04-04-2023, 01:15 PM
those rockets the gamecocks smoked off the bat last saturday were right in the middle of the plate.

Todd4State
04-05-2023, 01:47 AM
Stinnett will pitch a no hitter and strikeout 20 which will lead us to believe he can do that against sec teams and he'll get half a dozen more chances to implode lol

So true!

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if they start him against UAB next week.

sandjunky
04-05-2023, 10:27 AM
I think there is possibility that Mother Nature wins a day or two
90% Friday&Saturday

Pancho
04-05-2023, 05:00 PM
the weather will make for an interesting weekend

KB21
04-05-2023, 05:28 PM
Interesting. Cade Smith had gone from being 2 weeks away to starting tomorrow

Homedawg
04-05-2023, 06:10 PM

I think he meant from being two weeks away from full bore. He will be on a shorter pitch count than in two weeks.

Todd4State
04-05-2023, 06:13 PM

I think he meant from being two weeks away from full bore. He will be on a shorter pitch count than in two weeks.

I'm guessing it will be Cade for 2-3 innings and then Dohm.

CaptainObvious
04-05-2023, 09:47 PM
I'm guessing it will be Cade for 2-3 innings and then Dohm.

Well he will not be intimidated by the crowd. Because there will be few State Fans and even fewer Bama Fans at Sewell-Thomas Field.

SpaceBully
04-06-2023, 01:14 AM
Well, we played the top 3 teams from the SEC East who are currently combined 25-2. Now lets see if the West can help us a bit. Probably not, but we can only hope.

Pancho
04-06-2023, 07:46 AM
Does Sewell-Thomas have a flood plan as they do in Oxford? They may need one

Tater
04-06-2023, 08:03 AM
If you've got a bunch of pitchers who can only go through the lineup at most 2 times then maybe only throw them for that or less.

Gartman
Jurrangelo
Dohm
Cade
Yntema
Holcombe
KC
Loftin
Nixon
Siary

You telling me you can't just get 3-4 innings (DO NOT GO 5) out of 6 of those a weekend? That's two good games of pitching maybe more.

Need to shakeup the approach. I'd tell each of them they get 3 innings on X Day except dohm who is the closer when needed. 9 guys getting their 3 innings across 3 games gives us 27 innings. But we'd rather throw a guy 100+ pitches and see him give up 6 more runs in pitches 75-110.

SPMT
04-06-2023, 03:29 PM
If you've got a bunch of pitchers who can only go through the lineup at most 2 times then maybe only throw them for that or less.

Gartman
Jurrangelo
Dohm
Cade
Yntema
Holcombe
KC
Loftin
Nixon
Siary

You telling me you can't just get 3-4 innings (DO NOT GO 5) out of 6 of those a weekend? That's two good games of pitching maybe more.

Need to shakeup the approach. I'd tell each of them they get 3 innings on X Day except dohm who is the closer when needed. 9 guys getting their 3 innings across 3 games gives us 27 innings. But we'd rather throw a guy 100+ pitches and see him give up 6 more runs in pitches 75-110.

Sounds like a plan. What we are doing hasn?t worked. If a guy is hot let him roll another few batters??maybe

Tater
04-06-2023, 10:28 PM
Sounds like a plan. What we are doing hasn?t worked. If a guy is hot let him roll another few batters??maybe

Well... Lemonis must have read this post.

3 innings on the dot for Cade, Kolby, KC. Gets us a win. (Potentially give up less runs if we don't trot guys out there for attempting their fourth inning, but i'm not gonna get greedy.)

We got 6-7 more guys with the potential for 3 innings apiece. Bats keep working and we should sweep.

Homedawg
04-06-2023, 11:13 PM
We might sweep the one game that gets in. Doesn't look good

SpaceBully
04-06-2023, 11:48 PM
Midweek

He's gotten us further in SEC games than any other pitcher. Got 5 full innings in a big win over SC. To me, he's a solid SEC starter, then when he starts running out of gas, just bring in the bullpen

CaptainObvious
04-07-2023, 02:19 PM
Well it looks like Lemonis is about to fail the biggest week of his career! 🤬

Todd4State
04-07-2023, 03:06 PM

Well it looks like Lemonis is about to fail the biggest week of his career! 🤬

Maybe. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Todd4State
04-09-2023, 12:56 AM
Outside of the CWS.

Well, Lemonis came through this week. Beat the snot out of Grambling- 21 runs in seven innings. And then got the 2/3 from Alabama.

basedog
04-09-2023, 07:50 AM
Well, Lemonis came through this week. Beat the snot out of Grambling- 21 runs in seven innings. And then got the 2/3 from Alabama.

Grambling wasn't a good batting practice team, Bama is very average at best, kinda like us in a sense, decent hitters but pitching is very questionable especially their pen.

Yes, the Ole Dixie series may determine our season going forward. Lets hope we keep it going, losing 8 straight Sec series was brutal, we need to win 8 straight series now.

Activated Alpha
04-09-2023, 08:08 AM
Grambling wasn't a good batting practice team, Bama is very average at best, kinda like us in a sense, decent hitters but pitching is very questionable especially their pen.

Yes, the Ole Dixie series may determine our season going forward. Lets hope we keep it going, losing 8 straight Sec series was brutal, we need to win 8 straight series now.

If we win 8 SEC series in a row and find some way to get to Omaha, I would literally grill a crow and eat it

Leroy Jenkins
04-09-2023, 09:36 AM
Every week for the rest of the season is "the biggest week of Lemonis career".

StarkVegasSteve
04-09-2023, 09:41 AM
If we win 8 SEC series in a row and find some way to get to Omaha, I would literally grill a crow and eat it

Alpha grill me one up as well. We can livestream for everyone us eating grilled crow in Lot 47 with The Lounge Lizards in Omaha

Tater
04-09-2023, 09:48 AM
Alpha grill me one up as well. We can livestream for everyone us eating grilled crow in Lot 47 with The Lounge Lizards in Omaha

Sign me up as well. I'd wear a shirt all week saying "I was wrong."

Todd4State
04-09-2023, 10:12 AM

Yes, the Ole Dixie series may determine our season going forward. Let's hope we keep it going, losing 8 straight Sec series was brutal, we need to win 8 straight series now.

I agree. But until this weekend we had been losing series to teams of Alabama's caliber.

Another huge week for Lemonis coming up. If he wants to keep the cigar smoke at bay beating Ole Miss at least two out of three Will help that a lot. Needs to beat UAB this week too.

CaptainObvious
04-09-2023, 02:24 PM
Alabama is the best team we have won a series from this year.

Commercecomet24
04-09-2023, 03:52 PM

I can promise you we won't win 8 sec series in a row, and it's an indisputable fact because we only have 6 series left and we've only won one lol. Now 7 in a row would be cool!

Quaoarsking
04-09-2023, 03:59 PM
I can promise you we won't win 8 sec series in a row, and it's an indisputable fact because we only have 6 series left and we've only won one lol. Now 7 in a row would be cool!

Our 8th will be our Super Regional win in Baton Rouge or Knoxville.

Tater
04-09-2023, 04:14 PM

If we win the rest of our series then we're a top 8 seed idc. It'd be in Starkville.

Commercecomet24
04-09-2023, 04:24 PM

I can get on board with that!

Commercecomet24
04-09-2023, 04:26 PM
If we win the rest of our series then we're a top 8 seed idc. It'd be in Starkville.

That's even better!