PDA

View Full Version : Post game with Lemonis, he mentioned

AlSwearengen
04-01-2023, 11:40 AM
Cade coming back and looking good during the week and then having a good fastball yesterday. He mentioned someone by name who had done a good job with Cade?s rehab. I didn?t know i needed to rehab when I have an upper respiratory infection. I?ve been doing it wrong all of this time.

smootness
04-01-2023, 11:47 AM
Cade coming back and looking good during the week and then having a good fastball yesterday. He mentioned someone by name who had done a good job with Cade?s rehab. I didn?t know i needed to rehab when I have an upper respiratory infection. I?ve been doing it wrong all of this time.

Have you ever been a high-level athlete?

Activated Alpha
04-01-2023, 12:38 PM
Have you ever been a high-level athlete?

A simple URI doesn?t take out a healthy elite athlete unless the individual has some underlying suppressed immune system and does not require rehab to get back to playing status. It might have and very well could have progressed to something more serious that needed antibiotics and a longer inactive status, but no clue.

Now I do not know Cade?s health status nor would I ask whatever happened to him, but I am glad to see him back out on the mound

KB21
04-01-2023, 12:40 PM
If the infection was mono, then it takes a while for the Brady to rehab from that. It can take anywhere from 4 weeks to 6 months.

CaptainObvious
04-01-2023, 12:42 PM
Find that rehab guy and put him on staff!!! Cade went from 92-93 to 95-96 in his FB. Can he rehab walking or hitting 2 out of every 5 batters faced?

Activated Alpha
04-01-2023, 12:45 PM
If the infection was mono, then it takes a while for the Brady to rehab from that. It can take anywhere from 4 weeks to 6 months.

Has it been 4 weeks since he has been out? This losing streak has made me feel like the season has been going on for 4 months and feels like Cade has been out for that long. Yeah, mono can take a little bit to recover so if that is what he experienced then I understand

parabrave
04-01-2023, 01:10 PM
Had a teammate sit out his senior season in football because of Mono. You get very weak with that. Not saying that Cade had it!

KB21
04-01-2023, 02:02 PM
Has it been 4 weeks since he has been out? This losing streak has made me feel like the season has been going on for 4 months and feels like Cade has been out for that long. Yeah, mono can take a little bit to recover so if that is what he experienced then I understand

Last pitched on 2/24

basedog
04-01-2023, 02:18 PM
It doesn't matter what was the issue. Some things are are more private.

Shouldn't be an issue with anyone on a message board. Im glad he was on the bump last night. There were some nasty things said about him in his first couple of starts.

Commercecomet24
04-01-2023, 03:21 PM
It doesn't matter what was the issue. Some things are are more private.

Shouldn't be an issue with anyone on a message board. Im glad he was on the bump last night. There were some nasty things said about him in his first couple of starts.

100%, Base! Cade looked great last night too! Glad he's feeling better, he's a baller!

HoopsDawg
04-01-2023, 04:39 PM
Our HS SS made that same play twice today

HoopsDawg
04-01-2023, 04:48 PM
Great spot to get Stinnett some work.

AlSwearengen
04-01-2023, 09:38 PM
Didn’t mean for the post to come across as negative in any way. I was happy to see him looking good and apparently healthy and made a bad attempt at a tongue in cheek joke.

After going back and reading it, I can see where it could be taken as being sarcastic. Didn’t mean it that way.

basedog
04-02-2023, 08:49 AM
Didn’t mean for the post to come across as negative in any way. I was happy to see him looking good and apparently healthy and made a bad attempt at a tongue in cheek joke.

After going back and reading it, I can see where it could be taken as being sarcastic. Didn’t mean it that way.

Not a problem Al, my point was also meant for the naysayers not understanding Cade had some issues early in the season. It was obvious something wasn't right with him, he lost weight and has gained it back finally.

Bashing coaches is one thing as they are paid to do a job, it's ok to get on players but to trash them like a piece of crap especially the ones that stay out of trouble and or good citizens is out of sight and out of mind.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2023, 01:16 PM
Not a problem Al, my point was also meant for the naysayers not understanding Cade had some issues early in the season. It was obvious something wasn't right with him, he lost weight and has gained it back finally.

Bashing coaches is one thing as they are paid to do a job, it's ok to get on players but to trash them like a piece of crap especially the ones that stay out of trouble and or good citizens is out of sight and out of mind.

100% Base! Cade has always been a competitor and a baller! No questioning his effort and attitude. I noticed he was the first one out of the dugout Friday night to congratulate after hrs! Great teammate, great player and great young man! I never understand people talking trash about our players. Critiqueing I understand, spreeing venom I dont and it's uncalled for! They're wearing the maroon and white!

MaroonFlounder
04-02-2023, 01:45 PM
If Cade gets back to form, this team can finally win a series instead of just a game.

It has been an adjustment for all the pitchers. Umps are calling balls/strikes differently this year.

Glad to see Cade back on the mound. Get Lofton healthy. I like Holcombe’s fire the other night, showing some emotion and sitting some cocks down after being screwed on the Messina at-bat.

parabrave
04-02-2023, 01:48 PM
100% Base! Cade has always been a competitor and a baller! No questioning his effort and attitude. I noticed he was the first one out of the dugout Friday night to congratulate after hrs! Great teammate, great player and great young man! I never understand people talking trash about our players. Critiqueing I understand, spreeing venom I dont and it's uncalled for! They're wearing the maroon and white!

Is it better to keep him as long relief or as a Starter? We desperately need someone to come out who will not self destruct and give up 4 or 5 runs.

Cowbell
04-02-2023, 01:51 PM
If we would have saved Cade for Saturday, instead of using him when the game was already over on Friday, there's a good chance we win that series.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2023, 01:52 PM
Is it better to keep him as long relief or as a Starter? We desperately need someone to come out who will not self destruct and give up 4 or 5 runs.

I would move Dohm back to the pen and move Cade back to the rotation. You could go Lo Cade and then Gartman, but that's just me. Dohm has looked more comfortable coming out of the pen and he could be used more often on the weekend as well, say 2 innings on Friday and 2 Sunday or however you needed because he can go 4-5 if needed. Cade has always been a starter and gives us 5-6 innings just about every time and that's something we need. JMO

Commercecomet24
04-02-2023, 01:54 PM
If we would have saved Cade for Saturday, instead of using him when the game was already over on Friday, there's a good chance we win that series.

Friday was a perfect time that last inning to get stinnett or entema some work instead of yesterday when the game was close. Could've saved Cade for an inning on Sunday that way. Of course 13-3 lead might not have been safe with stinnett or entema. Once again JMO

parabrave
04-02-2023, 01:57 PM

Well Dohm didn't lose that game. Well really the errors did but the total clown show in the 9th with the BP did. By having Cade who can come in before "the big inning" happens and get us to the late innings without blowing it could give us a chance to win a few games.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2023, 02:00 PM
Well Dohm didn't lose that game. Well really the errors did but the total clown show in the 9th with the BP did. By having Cade who can come in before "the big inning" happens and get us to the late innings without blowing it could give us a chance to win a few games.

Yeah the 9th inning was a complete and total cluster. Should've just left Nixon in. I knew when he came out it would get away from us. I told my son we're about to turn a close game into a blowout. I went out and started weed eating. Came back in it was 14-5

KB21
04-02-2023, 02:35 PM
Yeah the 9th inning was a complete and total cluster. Should've just left Nixon in. I knew when he came out it would get away from us. I told my son we're about to turn a close game into a blowout. I went out and started weed eating. Came back in it was 14-5

The coaching staff hasn?t figured out that Yntema isn?t a SEC caliber arm.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2023, 02:38 PM

He's bp. Maybe a situational guy for one hitter but that's it.

Cowbell
04-02-2023, 03:44 PM
Friday was a perfect time that last inning to get stinnett or entema some work instead of yesterday when the game was close. Could've saved Cade for an inning on Sunday that way. Of course 13-3 lead might not have been safe with stinnett or entema. Once again JMO

I honestly thought about it as soon as we rolled him out there. And especially as he was throwing gas, I was like man we are gonna regret this.

parabrave
04-02-2023, 05:00 PM

What would be worse is that if he is better than the remaining options.