PDA

View Full Version : 17.6 vs 22.9

Statefan
11-30-2013, 03:01 AM
One of those is our points per game in SEC play with incredible inconsistency at the QB position, a young WR core, and influenced by Mullen's love of Perkins.

The other is Hugh Freeze's high powered, basketball on grass offense fueled by a Connerly award winning qb, the two greatest WRs in the history of the game, and Deon Nkemdiche Sanders as RB.

If anyone still believes Freeze's offense is better than ours they are dekusional

MarketingBully01
11-30-2013, 03:08 AM
Well since Ole Miss was blanked against Alabama, I'd say they are the 17.6. ;)

messageboardsuperhero
11-30-2013, 03:21 AM
Your numbers are wrong. Both teams averaged about 22 ppg in SEC play.

Statefan
11-30-2013, 03:27 AM
Your numbers are wrong. Both teams averaged about 22 ppg in SEC play.

You're right, I forgot to add in Vandy to their average.

That being said, us having equal offenses certainly doesn't contribute to the narrative that Freeze's offense is miles ahead of ours and that their talent at the skill positions is better than ours.

MarketingBully01
11-30-2013, 03:36 AM
The perception balloon was popped Thursday night and it was marvelous my friends! :)

M.Fillmore
11-30-2013, 10:42 AM
You are overlooking the fact that OM had to play LSU, Texas A&M, Bama, Pigs, and Auburn.
We had the much easier schedule of Auburn, Pigs, Bama, Texas A&M and LSU. ***

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2013, 10:45 AM
We would have far more points per game than them if our field goal kicker was adequate like theirs.

That fact alone should tell you how much better we move the ball with them.

messageboardsuperhero
11-30-2013, 10:55 AM
We would have far more points per game than them if our field goal kicker was adequate like theirs.

This is very true.

ScottH
11-30-2013, 12:37 PM

At first I laughed.

Then I thought about it.

With a good kicker we probably average 4.5 points more per SEC game and have at least one more win.

Jack Lambert
11-30-2013, 12:44 PM
You are overlooking the fact that OM had to play LSU, Texas A&M, Bama, Pigs, and Auburn.
We had the much easier schedule of Auburn, Pigs, Bama, Texas A&M and LSU. ***

I forgot about that.

Bigohh
11-30-2013, 01:14 PM
At first I laughed.

Then I thought about it.

With a good kicker we probably average 4.5 points more per SEC game and have at least one more win.

So true. Also, are these numbers based on total points or offensive points? I don't recall one point directly scored by either the defense or punt/kickoff returns. Did we have any?