PDA

View Full Version : Lemonis getting thrown out?

Cowbell
03-31-2023, 11:18 AM
Anybody else feel like it's just acting? It doesn't seem authentic at all. Even the Memphis game last year he got thrown out it seemed completely unauthentic. It's like he has no real fire.

The Federalist Engineer
03-31-2023, 11:45 AM
I think he is a nice guy and probably can't dial up the indignation of John Cohen. Being able to dial-up murderous rage is a true gift, not everybody can do it. Manieri below, he probably thought he looked tough doing this little hop.

https://i.giphy.com/g92PR2fvnj0OI.gif

What George Brett does here is epic, but also fake. In the Chipper Jones book, "Ball Player" he details how most MLB fights are basically theater. Explains how Chip had a buddy in every lineup and they would pretend to scrape during brawls.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-27-2016/etsAA1.gif

HoopsDawg
03-31-2023, 12:10 PM
George Brett isn't that good of an actor. That's real emotion.

As for Lemonis, when you have lost 18 straight, you can't do anything right in the minds of fans.

parabrave
03-31-2023, 12:15 PM
He was right to do it. Problem was who he left in charge. And when the SC player was supposedly doing something to our dugout when rounding the bases the entire team should've taken the field.

msstate7
03-31-2023, 12:16 PM

As for Lemonis, when you have lost 18 straight, you can't do anything right in the minds of fans.

Damn right he can't. Win or go home

Saltydog
03-31-2023, 12:20 PM
He's acting like Mullen did his last few games at UF. He was acting out trying to show how emotionally invested he was in the job. I see the same here.

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 12:25 PM

Yep.

Homedawg
03-31-2023, 12:36 PM

Well said

confucius say
03-31-2023, 01:05 PM
Geez. He was pissed bc we got hosed.

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 01:08 PM
Geez. He was pissed bc we got hosed.

I was too!

EdwardDrayton
03-31-2023, 01:11 PM
Think he was truly angry and rightly so. Just think his nature is such he's not entirely comfortable expressing it with histrionics.

msstate7
03-31-2023, 01:18 PM
The missed strike was crap, but the ump missed strike 3 on Hancock in the 6th too. Hancock got a double, but unfortunately for us, we weren't competent enough to score that leadoff double

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 01:19 PM
The missed strike was crap, but the ump missed strike 3 on Hancock in the 6th too. Hancock got a double, but unfortunately for us, we weren't competent enough to score that leadoff double

We left a small village on last night.

KB21
03-31-2023, 01:20 PM
Think he was truly angry and rightly so. Just think his nature is such he's not entirely comfortable expressing it with histrionics.

This, and his emotion has nothing to do with winning or losing. He's just a guy who doesn't show his anger, emotion, or frustration.

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 01:34 PM
This, and his emotion has nothing to do with winning or losing. He's just a guy who doesn't show his anger, emotion, or frustration.

This and I don't get why people think this is wrong. Coaches can be successful with any personality type as long as they make it work for them. There have been plenty of successful reserved, cerebral type coaches just like there have been a bunch of succesful fiery, intense type coaches. Coaches are not cookie cutters and it's not one size fits all.

I know most on here won't believe this but Lemonis does hate losing.

lawdawg
03-31-2023, 01:52 PM
And when the SC player was supposedly doing something to our dugout when rounding the bases the entire team should've taken the field.

Hancock should lose the C on his chest for letting that guy come down the line and parade around the plate like he did without so much as a dirty look. Hancock just moved out of his way with his tail tucked?. Your catcher, your captain, your team leader, HAS to do something there.

Mjoelner34
03-31-2023, 01:55 PM
Speaking of theater, this should come as no surprise. Had an SEC ump tell me one time that sometimes coaches ask to be thrown out. He said Skip Bertman came out to argue a call he was clearly wrong on and while Skip was ranting and raving with his hands, he was yelling at him to throw him out NEXT inning. The ump said "I'll throw you out now!" and Skip yelled "No! Next inning!" then turned and stormed off. Sure enough, he came out the next inning and got tossed. The ump said the crowd went nuts after that.

KB21
03-31-2023, 01:56 PM
Hancock should lose the C on his chest for letting that guy come down the line and parade around the plate like he did without so much as a dirty look. Hancock just moved out of his way with his tail tucked?. Your catcher, your captain, your team leader, HAS to do something there.

I would have had Holcombe drill his ass with a 95 mph plus heater his next at bat, but that's also why I don't coach baseball.

Catfish
03-31-2023, 01:58 PM
This and I don't get why people think this is wrong. Coaches can be successful with any personality type as long as they make it work for them. There have been plenty of successful reserved, cerebral type coaches just like there have been a bunch of succesful fiery, intense type coaches. Coaches are not cookie cutters and it's not one size fits all.

Good example is Joe Torre.

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 02:24 PM
Good example is Joe Torre.

He's the first one I thought of. I was talking with another poster about this the other day and we talked about Joe Torre. Highly successful but I'm not sure if he ever said a word, lol.

KB21
03-31-2023, 02:38 PM
He's the first one I thought of. I was talking with another poster about this the other day and we talked about Joe Torre. Highly successful but I'm not sure if he ever said a word, lol.

https://youtu.be/TGZUKHtW7vg

Todd4State
03-31-2023, 02:40 PM

Torre was considered a bust as a manager until he went to the Yankees.

I think he may be similar in style to Lemonis in that he's great with a team that doesn't need a lot of managing. In New York he had Jeter, Posada, Pettitte, Mariano, Wade Boggs, David Cone, etc.

I think that's the crux of Lemonis's problems. He's probably too hands off and he trusts his guys too much. That's fine with Mangum, Ethan Small, Tanner Allen, and Landon Sims. But he's too slow to make changes and he needs to step in and at least take away in game pitching change decisions from Foxhall at the very least. And before anyone says it- yeah Foxhall is gone anyway.

Todd4State
03-31-2023, 02:41 PM

A lot of our fans want a coach to act like Polk or Cohen did with umpires.

Todd4State
03-31-2023, 02:52 PM
And then our fans will be mad because the new coach says four letter words too much.

And bunt isn't one of the four letter words.

KB21
03-31-2023, 02:56 PM
And then our fans will be mad because the new coach says four letter words too much.

That's a four letter word that I can't stand.

Pancho
03-31-2023, 02:58 PM
it pays dividends in some cases but goes totally against the me me type players who are all in.

EdwardDrayton
03-31-2023, 03:00 PM
I would have had Holcombe drill his ass with a 95 mph plus heater his next at bat, but that's also why I don't coach baseball.

Right ..... in ....... his ........ ear hole.

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 03:00 PM

The only way to win with fans is to win. If you're to intense and lose then your just mean, if you're to quiet and lose then your to soft, lol. Just win baby!

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 03:01 PM

That was hilarious!

KB21
03-31-2023, 03:18 PM
Was anything ever said as to why Loo didn't throw left handed any last night? Has he decided to focus on righty since he has more velocity from that side?

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 03:23 PM
Was anything ever said as to why Loo didn't throw left handed any last night? Has he decided to focus on righty since he has more velocity from that side?

They mentioned it takes him twice as long to warm up before the game, his left arm gets cold sometimes when he doesn't throw to leftyies as often, during warmups between innings he would have to split pitches between both arms, and that he sometimes loses focus when switching. Also his stuff is pretty average from the left side. I can understand this. When he gets to pro ball they were gonna put him on just the right side so might as well get used to it now. I mean he can still do it if needed.

Really Clark?
03-31-2023, 03:25 PM
We left a small village on last night.

And we've left a city on this season.

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 03:27 PM
And we've left a city on this season.

lol, you got that right! I keep waiting for us to bust out but it just hasnt happened. We keep putting ourselves in position to score runs and just can't get it done.

Really Clark?
03-31-2023, 03:30 PM
lol, you got that right! I keep waiting for us to bust out but it just hasnt happened. We keep putting ourselves in position to score runs and just can't get it done.

Yeah, normally that evens out over the course of a season but with a bad/struggling team...it just becomes an exponential problem.

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 03:33 PM
Yeah, normally that evens out over the course of a season but with a bad/struggling team...it just becomes an exponential problem.

Exactly, it's not intentional but it starts creeping in, "like how are we gonna blow it this time?". Baseball is just so mental and you just can't let stuff carry over if you're gonna be successful. For instance Alford has the yips at third, you can see it everytime a ball is hit to him and if he fields it clean then he aims the throw and that never turns out good.

MadDawg
03-31-2023, 03:39 PM
Lemon getting thrown out was all about telling the fans he still cares. For whatever that's worth.

Really Clark?
03-31-2023, 03:43 PM
Exactly, it's not intentional but it starts creeping in, "like how are we gonna blow it this time?". Baseball is just so mental and you just can't let stuff carry over if you're gonna be successful. For instance Alford has the yips at third, you can see it everytime a ball is hit to him and if he fields it clean then he aims the throw and that never turns out good.

Absolutely! He keeps it up and he will end up like Knoblock and it's all mental.

Todd4State
03-31-2023, 03:50 PM
The only way to win with fans is to win. If you're to intense and lose then your just mean, if you're to quiet and lose then your to soft, lol. Just win baby!

Yep!

KB21
03-31-2023, 03:51 PM
I can't figure it out with Slate. That guy was a star in the NECBL this past summer. He hit something like .346 with 9 home runs in a very competitive league. The ability to be better is there, and that's why he keeps getting opportunities.

Todd4State
03-31-2023, 03:56 PM
I can't figure it out with Slate. That guy was a star in the NECBL this past summer. He hit something like .346 with 9 home runs in a very competitive league. The ability to be better is there, and that's why he keeps getting opportunities.

He made a couple of errors early in the year and it's all in his head.

Todd4State
03-31-2023, 03:57 PM

I heard that Wellman intended to do that because he wanted to play it up for the fans in Chattanooga where he had been a manager before the M-Braves.

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 03:58 PM
Absolutely! He keeps it up and he will end up like Knoblock and it's all mental.

Lol, yep! I remember Knoblauch got so bad he made a throw from second that hit Keith Olbermans mom in the head who was like in the 5th row behind the dugout!

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 03:59 PM
I heard that Wellman intended to do that because he wanted to play it up for the fans in Chattanooga where he had been a manager before the M-Braves.

And it was well played! He's immortal now, lol!

Really Clark?
03-31-2023, 04:19 PM
Lol, yep! I remember Knoblauch got so bad he made a throw from second that hit Keith Olbermans mom in the head who was like in the 5th row behind the dugout!

Oh my gosh, I forgot that. Lol

KB21
03-31-2023, 04:50 PM
Which coach works with the infield on defense?

KB21
03-31-2023, 05:04 PM
Kellum Clark leading off tonight. That?s a decision.

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 09:32 PM
Oh my gosh, I forgot that. Lol

One of the funniest things I've ever seen!

Really Clark?
03-31-2023, 09:54 PM
https://youtu.be/dnJFklbt0es

Commercecomet24
03-31-2023, 10:19 PM
https://youtu.be/dnJFklbt0es

And it's still just as funny as the first time I saw it. Poor Knoblauch. Steve Sax got the yips too and was just as bad as knoblauch