PDA

View Full Version : I'm not typically a guy that EVER goes to an Ole miss board....

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 02:20 AM
But when I saw Pass interference' thread with the Facebook page...I couldn't help but to go and witness the meltdown myself by checking out Nafoom.

You know they are hurting when you start seeing things like "little brother", "all MSU cares about is beating us", and "they didn't win, we lost". It is beyond hilarious watching them try to convince each other that all is well and they are better than us....when they all know that 4 of 5 speaks for itself.

Oh, and don't forget the "while you guys are fine with beating ole miss, we have higher goals". Haha, like what, finally finishing higher than the team you keep calling terrible? We have finished above them in the SEC for 4 straight years.

Truth is, they all realized last night that Mullen is going to be around a while, and freeze will likely be dismissed like every other OM coach within 1-2 years. I even saw several Nafoomers say, "well, at least they'll keep Mullen now! which is good for us". Haha, why? He's spanking your ass every year. They have spun shit so hard they don't even realize when their spin starts making them look even dumber.

Looks like freeze and his vaunted 4-5 plays on offense have officially been "figured out". Man, watching a bunch of people that think their team is 100 times better than it really is, is comedy at its finest. They got punched in the ****ing face by a defense led by a bunch of freshmen and sophomores last night, and an offense led by a true freshman making his first start. They're embarassed and scared for the future...and truth is, they should be. Enjoy Rebs....at least you should be getting used to it. You've been our bitch 4 of the last 5 years...it's now a trend and something you should expect.

messageboardsuperhero
11-30-2013, 02:59 AM
I love the "Bo had the flu last week" excuse from Yancy- yeah, well Dak's mother died a few weeks ago, he played with one arm and little-to-no game prep all week, and was only allowed to be out there for 10 minutes.

Winners win and losers make excuses. Deal with it.

MarketingBully01
11-30-2013, 03:06 AM
What that win last night did was basically slowed their run down to a crawl of their big momentum and after next year when we are at 10+ wins will vault us back to where we were two years ago as far as how far ahead of them we are.

Mullen said something very profound in his post game press conference last night. We are building things the right way. He also said that we are not far off from a championship team. And you know what? He is right. We played Auburn and Alabama as close as anyone has this year and they are playing for basically a play in for the national championship game later today.

Our schedule next year sets up very nicely in how it ramps up. If we can improve our special teams drastically and our younger guys keep improving, we could really have a special year in 2014.

Political Hack
11-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Bo had the flu? Maybe they should've played their 3rd stringer???

Sounds like Bucky got outcoached to me...

Four and one.

maroonmania
11-30-2013, 10:03 AM
The flu thing is ridiculous especially after they had already used that one for the Mizzou game. Especially when our #1 and #2 QBs weren't even available for most of the game.

thunderclap
11-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Having the flu is Ole Miss code for being a *****.

messageboardsuperhero
11-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Bo had the flu? Maybe they should've played their 3rd stringer???

Sounds like Bucky got outcoached to me...

Four and one.

No, Bo didn't even have the flu for our game. He got it a week ago before the Mizzou game- that's the funny part.

BulldogBear
11-30-2013, 10:59 AM
It's validation. When they can't find it in the results they have to find external reasons for failure. Honestly, Freeze is a decent coach but he probably won't live up to their impossible standards, especially if they continue to get highly touted recruits. They think, we got the best players, how can we not be on top. I think it was Hack that said you are never allowed to beat them. That's not what happens in their minds. They find a way to lose to you. That way they are still "better" than you.

HunterDawg
11-30-2013, 11:12 AM
What that win last night did was basically slowed their run down to a crawl of their big momentum and after next year when we are at 10+ wins will vault us back to where we were two years ago as far as how far ahead of them we are.

Mullen said something very profound in his post game press conference last night. We are building things the right way. He also said that we are not far off from a championship team. And you know what? He is right. We played Auburn and Alabama as close as anyone has this year and they are playing for basically a play in for the national championship game later today.

Our schedule next year sets up very nicely in how it ramps up. If we can improve our special teams drastically and our younger guys keep improving, we could really have a special year in 2014.

If this is true, then why are we so scared to play OOC opponents with a pulse. Why do we still feel that we MUST schedule 4 laughably bad OOC teams? If we are going to be a power in the SEC West, then don't you think we could handle Tulane quality teams? Why SWAC teams and South Alabama and joke teams like that?

Our fear of even bad FBS teams and choice to play really awful OOC teams reveals what we really think about how good we are. It shows the whole country that we feel we aren't really ready for prime time and need to keep a back door to bowl eligibility. It is actually quite embarrassing for us to brag about beating these teams. It is the reason no one in the media takes us seriously. It is the reason a lot of recruits don't take us seriously. They are not impressed with that big win over Jackson St. It is the reason pollsters and bowl selection committees won't take us seriously, leaving us to complain about our unfair rankings, etc.

I know I keep harping on this, but I really believe it would do wonders for our national standing and prestige to stop scheduling 4 complete patsies and saying "our schedule sets up nicely" over and over. It means we are playing a Sunbelt quality schedule which does not and will never get us the respect we deserve. Every time we try to talk about our season, we get back, "Yeah, but look who you beat". I am sick of that. Let's at least play teams people can find on a map. We are doing this to ourselves.

We need to either sprout some balls and play somebody or just shut up and admit we have to have patsies to compete.

Will James
11-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Every time we try to talk about our season, we get back, "Yeah, but look who you beat". I am sick of that.

That will all change with ONE win against a big time opponent. Take last year and that statement is accurate. If we beat the shitty teams AND a A&M/Bama/LSU then you can't really say shit.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2013, 11:22 AM
If this is true, then why are we so scared to play OOC opponents with a pulse. Why do we still feel that we MUST schedule 4 laughably bad OOC teams? If we are going to be a power in the SEC West, then don't you think we could handle Tulane quality teams? Why SWAC teams and South Alabama and joke teams like that?

Our fear of even bad FBS teams and choice to play really awful OOC teams reveals what we really think about how good we are. It shows the whole country that we feel we aren't really ready for prime time and need to keep a back door to bowl eligibility. It is actually quite embarrassing for us to brag about beating these teams. It is the reason no one in the media takes us seriously. It is the reason a lot of recruits don't take us seriously. They are not impressed with that big win over Jackson St. It is the reason pollsters and bowl selection committees won't take us seriously, leaving us to complain about our unfair rankings, etc.

I know I keep harping on this, but I really believe it would do wonders for our national standing and prestige to stop scheduling 4 complete patsies and saying "our schedule sets up nicely" over and over. It means we are playing a Sunbelt quality schedule which does not and will never get us the respect we deserve. Every time we try to talk about our season, we get back, "Yeah, but look who you beat". I am sick of that. Let's at least play teams people can find on a map. We are doing this to ourselves.

We need to either sprout some balls and play somebody or just shut up and admit we have to have patsies to compete.

I'm not opposed to playing a good Ooc team. But that being said you do realize we played 5 top 15 ranked teams right? And our conference schedule is a little tough. If we win games in our conference it won't make a damn who we play outside of the conference. We have to keep building and get wins versus the SEC West.

Boya
11-30-2013, 11:30 AM

This has been covered before. We don't need to play anybody worth a shit out of conference because of the gauntlet we face in the sec west. Bam doesn't have to play bama, lsu doesn't have to play lsu etc...

You really need to consider that when talking about our OOC schedule. Why the hell do we need to add another top 20 team to the schedule when we already play 5-6 a year? National respect? Win the west and we will get respect.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 11:30 AM
exactly- we played a tougher schedule than Bama, LSU, and A&M, Auburn, etc....I dont give a shit what other SEC people say to us- we play enough top teams during the SEC schedule- we dont need to add to it.

We'll get the respect when we beat some West teams

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 11:37 AM

This is the dumbest post I've read in a while. We had one of the toughest SOS's in the country this year, genius. And that is WITH Alcorn, Troy and Bowling Green on it! Wake up. If we swap out Oklahoma State for Tulane, we still have one of the tougher schedules in the country. And it will not keep us out of a BCS game if we play 4 cupcakes....so why do you want to make an already tough schedule, even tougher? When it doesn't help us ANY to play a tougher OOC.

We played 6 Top 20 teams this year...SIX. Most teams didn't play 3 or 4. Take OSU off and we still played 5....which is still more than anyone else. Why are we supposed to have the strongest SOS in the country every year and other teams don't have too? This is the dumbest thing to have to explain. Quit letting the media tell you how to think. We have not, and will not, EVER have a "weak" schedule as long as we play in the SEC...and especially the SEC West. So take that garbage somewhere else because it sounds absurd

PassInterference
11-30-2013, 11:44 AM

I've been angry that we gave away the Auburn game. I've been angry that we didn't perform close to our potential against OSU. I was angry that we goofed just enough not to beat Alabama. The flip side to State-ing up those games is that we were good enough to be in them. Gotta credit Mullen for that.

HunterDawg
11-30-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm not opposed to playing a good Ooc team. But that being said you do realize we played 5 top 15 ranked teams right? And our conference schedule is a little tough. If we win games in our conference it won't make a damn who we play outside of the conference. We have to keep building and get wins versus the SEC West.

Which puts us right back into living or dying with the LSU/Alabama games. Yes, if we beat those teams people will say we are good, but if we don't and our best wins are against 0-8 SEC teams, SWAC teams and a rivalry game, what do we look like to non-fans. We end up having to say that we "should have won" games we lost by 18 to 33 points, like this year. "Should have won" games we were behind by 3 scores late in the 4th, while trying to explain a 1 point win at home over Bowling friggin Green.

Maybe we can make each other believe that stuff, but it doesn't fool many people outside Mississippi. Go over to the Rivals board where Blacklistedbully is posting that stuff today and see how it is received. They are laughing him off the board. He is saying we should have beaten A&M and So Car. and LSU and Auburn and gave those games away and all that. When you see it torn to pieces by other fans, it gives you a different perspective. Just because other fans on this board agree with something doesn't mean it is well accepted by fans of other teams.

We ARE better than we appeared to be this year, but we did not have the schedule to prove it. Except for a rivaly upset, which everybody discounts because of the rivalry, what wins do we have that proved squat?

We have to either man up and play decent teams or just admit we can't do that and go to a bowl. Something I just refuse to accept. It is a defeatist schedule for a defeatist attitude.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 11:50 AM
We have a chance in 2014 to make a statement.

We get a week off to get ready for Auburn at home- then A&M the next weekend at home. We have to win one or both of those games. We have to get it done.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Maybe we can make each other believe that stuff, but it doesn't fool many people outside Mississippi. Go over to the Rivals board where Blacklistedbully is posting that stuff today and see how it is received. They are laughing him off the board. He is saying we should have beaten A&M and So Car. and LSU and Auburn and gave those games away and all that. When you see it torn to pieces by other fans, it gives you a different perspective. Just because other fans on this board agree with something doesn't mean it is well accepted by fans of other teams.

We ARE better than we appeared to be this year, but we did not have the schedule to prove it. Except for a rivaly upset, which everybody discounts because of the rivalry, what wins do we have that proved squat?

We have to either man up and play decent teams or just admit we can't do that and go to a bowl. Something I just refuse to accept. It is a defeatist schedule for a defeatist attitude.

No, we keep playing a weak OOC and go to bowls- and we pull off some West wins. Next year's schedule helps us with the borderline games being at home.

Look at Mullen's tenure:

Odd number seasons (09,11, 2013) when the schedule is against us- Bama and LSU home/marginal games on road- we have won 5, 6, 6

Even number seasons when schedule flips (2010, 2012)- Bama/LSU on road/marginal games at home- we have won 8 and 8 while going 4-4 in the SEC both times

Next year is even numbered season

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Which puts us right back into living or dying with the LSU/Alabama games. Yes, if we beat those teams people will say we are good, but if we don't and our best wins are against 0-8 SEC teams, SWAC teams and a rivalry game, what do we look like to non-fans. We end up having to say that we "should have won" games we lost by 18 to 33 points, like this year. "Should have won" games we were behind by 3 scores late in the 4th, while trying to explain a 1 point win at home over Bowling friggin Green.

Are you choosing to leave out South Carolina, A&M, Auburn? Those are all top 10 teams at one point during the last year. What about bowl teams like OM, Vandy? We play TONS of tough teams and bowl teams like the last 2 mentioned, that we can beat and earn respect, NOT named Bama or LSU.

ckDOG
11-30-2013, 12:23 PM
If OM is big brother, who would they be?

Chet?

http://comicsagogo.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/weird-science-bill-paxton.jpg

archdog
11-30-2013, 12:31 PM
I looked back at the Alabama game, and it seemed like we gave up 90 yards of field position on special teams. Totally different game if we would have fair caught every punt correctly.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 12:35 PM
ck, I think they would be this guy, no doubt....

http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Buzz-e1356040737837.jpg

Buzz on Home Alone. A douchebag that thinks he's cool when he is the furthest thing from it.

HunterDawg
11-30-2013, 01:22 PM
This is the dumbest post I've read in a while. We had one of the toughest SOS's in the country this year, genius. And that is WITH Alcorn, Troy and Bowling Green on it! Wake up. If we swap out Oklahoma State for Tulane, we still have one of the tougher schedules in the country. And it will not keep us out of a BCS game if we play 4 cupcakes....so why do you want to make an already tough schedule, even tougher? When it doesn't help us ANY to play a tougher OOC.

We played 6 Top 20 teams this year...SIX. Most teams didn't play 3 or 4. Take OSU off and we still played 5....which is still more than anyone else. Why are we supposed to have the strongest SOS in the country every year and other teams don't have too? This is the dumbest thing to have to explain. Quit letting the media tell you how to think. We have not, and will not, EVER have a "weak" schedule as long as we play in the SEC...and especially the SEC West. So take that garbage somewhere else because it sounds absurd

We lost to all 6 of those top 20 teams. That doesn't get us anywhere.

I have never even suggested that we add more top 20 teams. I just think playing #115 is useless. Couldn't we play SOMEBODY in the top 100? How about #75? There are a whole lot of teams between #15 and #115, and we need to find some of them if we want to be considered a real contender. Just sayin.

And we need to stop talking about Okla St. Surely everybody remembers how that went down. We actually scheduled Mississippi Valley friggin State for that Saturday. NCAA said, "you can play them if you want to but we won't count it for bowl purposes" which left us scrambling. OK St was the only team we could find, so it isn't like we manned up and scheduled them. We were actually trying to make our chickenshit OOC schedule more chickenshit and it backfired on us.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 02:06 PM
We lost to all 6 of those top 20 teams. That doesn't get us anywhere.

I have never even suggested that we add more top 20 teams. I just think playing #115 is useless. Couldn't we play SOMEBODY in the top 100? How about #75? There are a whole lot of teams between #15 and #115, and we need to find some of them if we want to be considered a real contender. Just sayin.

And we need to stop talking about Okla St. Surely everybody remembers how that went down. We actually scheduled Mississippi Valley friggin State for that Saturday. NCAA said, "you can play them if you want to but we won't count it for bowl purposes" which left us scrambling. OK St was the only team we could find, so it isn't like we manned up and scheduled them. We were actually trying to make our chickenshit OOC schedule more chickenshit and it backfired on us.

Again, why? Do you want our OOC to be guaranteed wins, or hopefully wins? When we're playing 6 top 20 teams in the SEC every year, I would prefer 4 guaranteed OOC wins. And besides, it's not like we know where Troy, Bowling Green, South Alabama, etc are going to be ranked every year. Troy and bowling green are two very respectable OOC opponents. Far from 2 SWAC teams. We only played 1 truly awful team this year and that was Alcorn. Are we allowed to have 1 SWAC team? Or should we replace them with Baylor?

If you will quit reading the dumb assed media, and truly look at our schedule...you will see that it is far tougher than you are acting year in and year out. For instance...USM was fresh off of a 12 win season when we scheduled hem I believe. We can't help it that they will be 0-30 when they come to Starkville next year.

Todd4State
11-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Again, why? Do you want our OOC to be guaranteed wins, or hopefully wins? When we're playing 6 top 20 teams in the SEC every year, I would prefer 4 guaranteed OOC wins. And besides, it's not like we know where Troy, Bowling Green, South Alabama, etc are going to be ranked every year. Troy and bowling green are two very respectable OOC opponents. Far from 2 SWAC teams. We only played 1 truly awful team this year and that was Alcorn. Are we allowed to have 1 SWAC team? Or should we replace them with Baylor?

If you will quit reading the dumb assed media, and truly look at our schedule...you will see that it is far tougher than you are acting year in and year out. For instance...USM was fresh off of a 12 win season when we scheduled hem I believe. We can't help it that they will be 0-30 when they come to Starkville next year.

I never have understood the infatuation that some MSU fans have with a "tough" or "interesting" schedule. And then they get pissed off when MSU can't beat Oklahoma State.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 02:19 PM
I never have understood the infatuation that some MSU fans have with a "tough" or "interesting" schedule. And then they get pissed off when MSU can't beat Oklahoma State.

Exactly. It's as if they have been brain washed by idiot media members and now feel like if we are only going to win 6 games per year, they better be over 6 power houses. Makes no damn sense. People like Hunter need to look at the schedule and see what they are asking of our program. To not only find a way to win 6 against a SEC West schedule...but to throw in 4 tough OOC opponents too to make it even more difficult. It's ignorant, and wouldn't make sense in any situation. If we win all 12 of our games last year, we play for the national championship...even with our schedule last year. So if that is the case...why would we even consider making the schedule tougher?'

Coach34
11-30-2013, 02:24 PM

There is nothing remotely correct about that

We in no way HAD to play Ok State- we accepted because of the $2MM payday. As far as Valley- we knew 2 years ago that they couldnt get this shit together for us to play them.

If you are going to whine and bitch- at least be factual

MarketingBully01
11-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I agree with Cadaver, Todd, and Coach but why turn my positive post into a reason to complain? We lost those close games because we were young and inexperienced in some important positions. Next year we will have much more experience and should win those close games. These last two wins were big for our confidence especially in the secondary, receiver and QB positions.

Next year will be a statement year where we will stop some streaks that even Fishwater will be happy about especially when it comes to wins against the top 20. Oh and btw, take a look at Missiouri's schedule. If they win out, they will play for a national championship and their schedule this year is weaker then ours is next year.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Exactly. It's as if they have been brain washed by idiot media members and now feel like if we are only going to win 6 games per year, they better be over 6 power houses. Makes no damn sense. '

If A&M loses tonight, they will be 4-4 in the SEC. Their best wins will be over State and Ole Miss. Their OOC?

SMU- 5-6
Rice- 8-3
Sam Houston St- 8-4 in 1-AA
UTEP- 2-9

Coach34
11-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I agree with Cadaver, Todd, and Coach but why turn my positive post into a reason to complain? We lost those close games because we were young and inexperienced in some important positions. Next year we will have much more experience and should win those close games. These last two wins were big for our confidence especially in the secondary, receiver and QB positions.

Next year will be a statement year where we will stop some streaks that even Fishwater will be happy about especially when it comes to wins against the top 20. Oh and btw, take a look at Missiouri's schedule. If they win out, they will play for a national championship and their schedule this year is weaker then ours is next year.

I agree with this

MarketingBully01
11-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Coach, look at Auburn and Missouri's schedules as well.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 02:37 PM
If A&M loses tonight, they will be 4-4 in the SEC. Their best wins will be over State and Ole Miss. Their OOC?

SMU- 5-6
Rice- 8-3
UTEP- 2-9

Wow, this^^^

HunterDawg
11-30-2013, 04:36 PM

SMU- 5-6
Rice- 8-3
UTEP- 2-9

Exactly. Those teams suck, but they have way higher national profiles than the teams we play. They have been good in the past and are recognizable and are pretty big schools. Let's do that. Let's schedule SMU, Rice and UTEP and see if beating them doesn't help us more than beating Jackson St and Alcorn St. It would change the entire image of our team overnight to play teams like that, and we still get an easy win.

I hate the concept of a "guaranteed win". Just screams fear.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Exactly. Those teams suck, but they have way higher national profiles than the teams we play. They have been good in the past and are recognizable and are pretty big schools. Let's do that. Let's schedule SMU, Rice and UTEP and see if beating them doesn't help us more than beating Jackson St and Alcorn St. It would change the entire image of our team overnight to play teams like that, and we still get an easy win.

That's bullshit. Playing those games has done nothing to help A&M's image. Their image is what it is because they have the two best offensive players in America playing for them. Without them- they are a 6-6 at best team.

Jacksondevildog
11-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Coach is dead on. The Aggies are still putrid on defense and they won't be much better next year on D. Without Manziel or Evans, their offense will take a step back. They will still move the football well, but it won't be the same. We will have our chance to beat them in Starkville.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 05:27 PM

Another load of Bullshit

Bama played 0-11 Georgia State- guaranteed win
OM played 1-10 Idaho- guaranteed win
Tenn played 0-12 Austin Peay- guaranteed win
UPig played 1-11 Southern Miss- guaranteed win

Dont act like we are the only SEC school to do it

RougeDawg
11-30-2013, 05:27 PM
For the morons screaming about tougher OOC games, lets just look at our recent history. We scheduled ha Tech and Wes Virginia when they were both 6-7 win teams. Fast forward a few years when we actually played them and they are both BCS contenders. On the flip side we schedule USM 3 years ago and they had been to 15+ bowl games in a row or something like that. Now they are 1-23 in their last 24. OOC scheduling is difficult and with our hellacious conference schedule, it's beyond stupid, for us to schedule any potential top 50 OOC teams, until we start winning 9-10 a season. Talent wise, id say every SEC team I a top 50 team. Only problem is, every sec game is against a top 50 team. Why pile on to a tough schedule, when a majority of the sec cannibalizes itself each year

blacklistedbully
11-30-2013, 05:45 PM
But Cadaver, if DP plays that entire game, and we don't get subjected to play-after play of LP between the tackles for little-to-nothing, rather go with JRob and his 6 ypc, there's a damn good chance we beat Ok State and start the season on a HUGE upnote. Imagine how good that win would look now? Also consider that, had we done that, there's a better chance Mullen uses JRob more in later games.

It is not at all crazy to say we were capable of starting the season 4-0 with wins over Ok State & Auburn.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 06:03 PM

What are you talking about? We don't play Alcorn and JSU in the same season. Never. And our other games were against 9-3 Bowling green, 6-6 Troy, and 10-1 Oklahoma State. Meanwhile SMU is going to be 5-7, UTEP is 2-9, and Rice is decent at 8-4. So our OOC schedule is tougher. And to act like those Texas teams are quality is just pure shit. They are playing local in state schools OOC that can be used for recruiting and to stay close to home, and to get easy wins. No different than we should be doing, and had been doing prior to OSU.

We should play Alcorn/JSU, Tulane/USM/La Tech, South Alabama/UAB, and Middle Tennessee/Memphis. That way we are playing close regional teams in good recruiting areas, but are getting easy wins OOC. Under no circumstances should we be scheduling teams like North Carolina, Iowa, Oklahoma State, etc OOC right now. We have a tough enough time getting to 6 wins in the SEC...hell A&M has 4 OOC cream puffs AND the Heisman winner and they are going to lose 4 games this year! Yet you think WE need to schedule tougher? Think before typing, because you are making no sense.

This isn't about what is more fun for the fans. And even if it was...schedule Tulane, South Alabama, UAB, Memphis, etc...and let the fans have fun in New Orleans, Memphis, Birmingham, etc. You don't schedule potential losses so that the fans will have something more fun to watch. And don't say it's about respect. We have 8 SEC games that we can earn respect in. Hell, Ole miss earned respect this year by beating LSU, and they ended up 3-5 in conference!

There are just so many ways to show why your logic is wrong on this.

Statefan
11-30-2013, 06:11 PM
For some reason we have terrible luck scheduling "decent" teams and they go on to become really good a few years later when we play them (Houston, G Tech, West Virginia, Oregon). Our OOC schedule next year is basically perfect except it would be better to play @Tulane instead of @USA

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 06:12 PM
But Cadaver, if DP plays that entire game, and we don't get subjected to play-after play of LP between the tackles for little-to-nothing, rather go with JRob and his 6 ypc, there's a damn good chance we beat Ok State and start the season on a HUGE upnote. Imagine how good that win would look now? Also consider that, had we done that, there's a better chance Mullen uses JRob more in later games.

It is not at all crazy to say we were capable of starting the season 4-0 with wins over Ok State & Auburn.

So you're saying "if we played Dak the whole game", "if we don't play LP", and "if we play JRob", "there's a damn good chance" we beat OK State?

So we would have had to do everything perfectly just to have a chance. That should tell you everything you need to know about scheduling that game. It should have never happened, and until we start winning 7-8 per season...should never happen again. We don't need it, it doesn't help us, it can only hurt us. Period.

Would it be fun to have a big name opponent come in every weekend? Sure. At that moment it would. But when we start losing and only winning 4-5 games per season, and are sitting at home every bowl season, and falling even further behind in recruiting....it will not be fun.

But maybe I'm way off in my thinking. I just feel like this is an absolute no brainer, so it frustrates me when I see people making arguments for a tougher schedule. Our SOS was #2 in the country this year...and it's the same schedule we have every year minus Oklahoma State. If you swap OSU with Tulane, our schedule is STILL a top 25 or better schedule in the country. Maybe still top 8-10. So it just blows my mind that people want to make it tougher for some god forsaken reason.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 06:15 PM
For some reason we have terrible luck scheduling "decent" teams and they go on to become really good a few years later when we play them (Houston, G Tech, West Virginia, Oregon). Our OOC schedule next year is basically perfect except it would be better to play @Tulane instead of @USA

Yep, I agree. I'm even fine with South Alabama because the Mobile area is a good recruiting area. But yea, those trips to NO are always fun.

BulldogBear
11-30-2013, 06:24 PM
When we go to schedule BCS mid level schools we need to schedule the ones that are good now and maybe catch them on a downswing a few years out when the games are played. We kind of do the opposite. That's the way to get a "better looking win" over a BCS school.

HunterDawg
11-30-2013, 07:13 PM

Oh my goodness. We scored 3 points.

And, we didn't outplay SoCar, A&M, LSU, and Alabama and "should have won" those games either. That stuff you are putting on the Rivals board is embarrassing. Do you really think we were really better than all those teams?

blacklistedbully
11-30-2013, 07:18 PM
So you're saying "if we played Dak the whole game", "if we don't play LP", and "if we play JRob", "there's a damn good chance" we beat OK State?

So we would have had to do everything perfectly just to have a chance. That should tell you everything you need to know about scheduling that game. It should have never happened, and until we start winning 7-8 per season...should never happen again. We don't need it, it doesn't help us, it can only hurt us. Period.

Would it be fun to have a big name opponent come in every weekend? Sure. At that moment it would. But when we start losing and only winning 4-5 games per season, and are sitting at home every bowl season, and falling even further behind in recruiting....it will not be fun.

But maybe I'm way off in my thinking. I just feel like this is an absolute no brainer, so it frustrates me when I see people making arguments for a tougher schedule. Our SOS was #2 in the country this year...and it's the same schedule we have every year minus Oklahoma State. If you swap OSU with Tulane, our schedule is STILL a top 25 or better schedule in the country. Maybe still top 8-10. So it just blows my mind that people want to make it tougher for some god forsaken reason.

What I am saying is we came into that game with enough to win. It's not like we scheduled over our capability. We didn't play to our full capability and lost. To me, that isn't a reason to not schedule the game. That said, I agree that our schedule is tough enough without it, making it unnecessary, if not bad strategy.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2013, 07:20 PM
What I am saying is we came into that game with enough to win. It's not like we scheduled over our capability. We didn't play to our full capability and lost. To me, that isn't a reason to not schedule the game. That said, I agree that our schedule is tough enough without it, making it unnecessary, if not bad strategy.

I disagree. I think we scheduled over our capability. They are a top 10 team now. We don't beat teams that are ranked under Mullen. Just being honest and realistic, and that tells me we should have never scheduled that game.

Coach34
11-30-2013, 07:22 PM
I disagree. I think we scheduled over our capability. They are a top 10 team now. We don't beat teams that are ranked under Mullen. Just being honest and realistic, and that tells me we should have never scheduled that game.

Bottom line- we only had 12 starters returning. The last thing we needed OOC is a 10-11 win team

blacklistedbully
11-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Oh my goodness. We scored 3 points.

And, we didn't outplay SoCar, A&M, LSU, and Alabama and "should have won" those games either. That stuff you are putting on the Rivals board is embarrassing. Do you really think we were really better than all those teams?

Another Ole Miss troll? OleMissGuy? Only an Ole Miss troll would accuse me of saying shit I didnt;, like "we should have beat LSU, A&M and Bama".

I did say we outplayed SCar but killed ourselves with t/o's. Know who else said that? Steve Spurrier.

I did say we should have beaten Auburn. I'm betting there are many more real Bulldog fans on this board who agree with that.

Why don't you run along back to your Nafoom, Spirit, or whatever other OM loser board you come from.

HunterDawg
11-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Another Ole Miss troll? OleMissGuy? Only an Ole Miss troll would accuse me of saying shit I didnt;, like "we should have beat LSU, A&M and Bama".

I did say we outplayed SCar but killed ourselves with t/o's. Know who else said that? Steve Spurrier.

I did say we should have beaten Auburn. I'm betting there are many more real Bulldog fans on this board who agree with that.

Why don't you run along back to your Nafoom, Spirit, or whatever other OM loser board you come from.

I don't post over there.

The guy gave you the chance to say we "could" have won those games and you went right back to "should".

Coach34
11-30-2013, 07:48 PM

Hunter could be a troll- but is likely just a dumbass. And he still hasnt replied to other schools having their "guaranteed wins"

manboy2000
11-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Go to Hell ole Miss you all are pathetic kiss our arse some Britch

blacklistedbully
11-30-2013, 07:59 PM
I don't post over there.

The guy gave you the chance to say we "could" have won those games and you went right back to "should".

Yeah, sure you don't. You just read my posts over there then come on here to twist them, lie about them, etc, because you "don't post there", but you do post here.***

Coach, you may be right, but I still lean toward OM troll. Seriously, on Rivals I'm the C34 for Black Bears. One of their favorite tactics is to attribute quotes to me I didn't say to invite ridicule from other posters.

They are some messed up, twisted, delusional, dishonest folks who are beyond obsessed with us. They can't win a debate on the merits, so they resort to personal attacks, insults, and out-and-out bald-faced lies in an effort to discredit us.

HunterDawg
11-30-2013, 08:11 PM

I apologize if I came off too strong, but just look at the above quote and tell me you don't sometimes get a little carried away.

It is fine here, but over there, those people are mean as snakes (which is why I had rather just read). Those So Car and other SEC fans over there pull no punches.

blacklistedbully
11-30-2013, 08:25 PM
But I never posted that on Rivals. I posted it here, with my fellow Bulldog fans. And I stand by it. Mullen stayed with TR & Perk, a combination we ALL acknowledged long ago is not close to our best setup. With no 1st team practice snaps and no real clue he'd be pressed into service, DP was able to move the ball versus them. JRob literally averaged 6 yards per carry versus them, while Perk averaged 3, yet Mullen fed Perk 16 times to just 8 for JRob.

And it's even worse than that. Perk had 1 carry for 22 yards. All the rest of his carries averaged just 2 yards per carry. Take JRobs long away and he still averaged 5 yards per carry.

This is the main reason I have been so ready to move past Mullen. This crap happened all year, and he refused to make the needed change that everybody knew he should make.

So yeah, had our HC not been so blind, or so stubborn, I feel quite sure having DP start with JRob would have made the difference. We did have the tools, especially in that game before the injuries. We just didn't put the right guys in position to win.

All this to say we were not out-manned or out-classed by them, rather we were out-coached. Part of the game, yes, but also a valid argument that we should have been able to win or compete with decent coaching on our side.