PDA

View Full Version : Do You Want The Season To Turn Around?

confucius say
03-29-2023, 04:01 PM
Or would you rather us flame out and clean house?

HoopsDawg
03-29-2023, 04:03 PM
seriously? Of course a turnaround.

Captain Falcon
03-29-2023, 04:26 PM
We still have 30 games left, technically still have time to right the ship, so if you are not rooting for that then you are not a State fan, you are just a dude with a grudge. You can believe it is not going to get fixed, but you have to least hope it does.

confucius say
03-29-2023, 04:37 PM
seriously? Of course a turnaround.

Oh I agree. But I don't think everyone does. I think many want change more than they want the season to turn around.

Leroy Jenkins
03-29-2023, 04:59 PM
Turn around. Obviously. And its not even a remotely difficult choice.

StarkVegasSteve
03-29-2023, 05:20 PM
Yes and no. I want it to turn around, but I don't want us to do just enough so that we don't make staff changes. If we're going to turn it around go full on with it, otherwise, just suck.

BulldogBear
03-29-2023, 05:23 PM
I pull for MSU to win every contest in every sport. So, agree with all above.

No matter how much I believe "this crap isn't working," regardless of the sport, no matter how negative nancy I get, I always want us to succeed.

What's easier? Start over...or have the current staff and players figure it out, nut up, and pull of an epic turnaround. It would be a helluva lot easier on everybody if it was the latter. And I say even as I wish Foxhall was already gone and Lemons follows him in a couple months. I say that because I don't believe the turnaround will happen. But I would rather it did. I would always rather be wrong than right about anything I perceive negatively about MSU. Grilled crow makes excellent gameday food for an unexpected victory, bowl game, playoff appearance, or championship!

Hail State! Always!

But still fire Foxhall and Lemonis.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-29-2023, 05:36 PM
I’m not a loser. I’ve never been a loser. I always want to win the next one. Why would I NOT want to turn it around? I can’t believe this question is even being asked. Let’s kick the crap out of the next opponent. It’s the only way I know to approach things.

SpaceWranglerDawg
03-29-2023, 06:43 PM
If only it was that simple....of course I'd want it to turnaround. You're an idiot if you don't.

But it's not turning around. So go ahead and accept that and move on.

The Federalist Engineer
03-29-2023, 07:07 PM
Win a National Title is what I want. Keep fighting.

But I would still want Fox gone for the Grief he gave me. Lemonis would still be just an employee.

magrooder
03-29-2023, 07:49 PM
I always want to win in every game no matter what the current record is, if I didn't I wouldn't watch.

sleepy dawg
03-30-2023, 08:25 AM
turnaround, of course.

KB21
03-30-2023, 08:40 AM
Definitely turnaround.

sleepy dawg
03-30-2023, 09:08 AM
I think it's safe to say we can close this topic as it's pretty clear what everyone wants.

tcdog70
03-30-2023, 09:38 AM
always want to win--of course

TrapGame
03-30-2023, 09:53 AM
Obviously turnaround but when you start looking at the stats - holy shit - is it even possible?!

PMDawg
03-30-2023, 09:54 AM

I want both. The staff is who it is now. They're not going to magically change their spots, even if the kids do go on a run. It would be in spite of the staff, not because of it. It's obvious the staff isn't a long term answer here, regardless of what happens over the rest of the season. Obviously, if we somehow got in position to host and made a post season run, we would keep the staff, but I think the writing is beyond being on the wall at this point.

State82
03-30-2023, 10:04 AM
but I think the writing is beyond being on the wall at this point.

It's on a flashing screen the size of the jumbotrons at DWS.

Offshore Dawg
03-30-2023, 10:37 AM
I always want the Dawgs to win, period. But being realistic, changes in coaching and players are needed.

DownwardDawg
03-30-2023, 10:57 AM
Of course I would love a turnaround but it ain't happening. I would love to "sneak" into the SEC tournament and win the tournament to make a regional. That would be awesome.

Johnson85
03-30-2023, 11:04 AM

I think the question is probably would you rather turn around enough to be one of the worst seeds in Hoover and get into a regional as a 3 seed but keep the staff another year or would you rather clean house.

I don't know what kind of performance it would require from here on out to get a 3 seed and a spot in Hoover and whether that would indicate that Lemonis has really turned things around or if it would just indicate he's still at least an average SEC coach (which in fairness, is a pretty good coach overall, but not one our fans are going to be happy with).

Lemonis can obviously do a lot of things well. Yes, he stepped into a good situation but he pushed the right buttons. I am shocked at how bad we are now and have to think he has actually gotten worse as a coach. Surely it took more than he has shown the last couple of years to get Indiana into some regionals.

smootness
03-30-2023, 04:16 PM
Yes and no. I want it to turn around, but I don't want us to do just enough so that we don't make staff changes. If we're going to turn it around go full on with it, otherwise, just suck.

This is where I am. I have no problem with Lemonis being our guy if he's getting results. The problem is if he's not really getting results but a mild turnaround that still leaves us out of the Tournament keeps him another year. If we really turn it around, of course that's what I want, as it should be for everyone. But short of that, I just want him gone.

StarkVegasSteve
03-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Well our coaches apparently do not want the season to turn around. Benching Chance for Alford tonight is beyond awful

Lord McBuckethead
03-30-2023, 08:56 PM
Definitely turn it around. I want this season to show improvement. We need to start building with the younger players now.

msstate7
03-30-2023, 09:09 PM
Doesn't matter what we want. Lemonis is toast. I will celebrate the day he's fired

maroonmania
03-30-2023, 09:16 PM
Definitely turn it around. I want this season to show improvement. We need to start building with the younger players now.

Only lost by 2 tonight. Improvement!