PDA

View Full Version : We're just spoiled, y'all....

BeardoMSU
03-27-2023, 07:19 AM
FFS, this dude....

https://twitter.com/Dogbusdriver/status/1640311275086393354?s=20

SPMT
03-27-2023, 07:29 AM
I don?t see the comparison kinnard is going fir

msstate7
03-27-2023, 07:31 AM
Y'all remember when saban lost 17 straight sec games and got completely destroyed in 80% of those games? Yeah, this comparison is spot on

sandjunky
03-27-2023, 07:33 AM
That?s why he?s a bus driver and not a doctor

Apples and cantaloupes comparison

EdwardDrayton
03-27-2023, 07:40 AM
Bless his heart

Dawgface
03-27-2023, 07:58 AM
I met EK once. Gave me a tour of the baseball facilities. Nice guy. But this comparison makes no sense.

viverlibre
03-27-2023, 07:59 AM
Y'all remember when saban lost 17 straight sec games and got completely destroyed in 80% of those games? Yeah, this comparison is spot on

Saban would do the honorable thing and commit Harakiri after the second or third blowout.

Maroonthirteen
03-27-2023, 08:10 AM
I know im in the minority but.... I've never cared for that guy.

Always trying to be the school teacher to the fans.

mparkerfd20
03-27-2023, 08:13 AM

You're not alone.

BeardoMSU
03-27-2023, 08:24 AM

I was around him a ton while in college. He was always a douche.

Turfdawg67
03-27-2023, 08:38 AM
We didn't just get swept, dummy... we were embarrassed 55-15. 17 SEC game losing streak to boot.

State82
03-27-2023, 08:55 AM
I was around him a ton while in college. He was always a douche.

Apparently with takes like that one, he still is.

BulldogBear
03-27-2023, 10:04 AM
We didn't just get swept, dummy... we were embarrassed 55-15. 17 SEC game losing streak to boot.

17-4 average loss in last 5 SEC games

TrapGame
03-27-2023, 10:30 AM
This is the same as Kirby Smart going 4-8/4-8 two seasons post Natty w/ most of those loses blowouts to inferior teams. He would be fired.

R2Dawg
03-27-2023, 11:02 AM
Soooo MSU fans are supposed to accept and be happy with losing 17 straight and badly like SEC historical bad?

This guy lost complete credibility with idiotic statement.

If we were complaining about not making Omaha last year or this year then yeah, you can call us spoiled. We couldn't win a D2 title right now.

gtowndawg
03-27-2023, 11:04 AM
Ha ha, what a moron. Is he driving the "short" bus?

Goldendawg
03-27-2023, 11:13 AM
I don't accept expecting better than dead last in the SEC West the year after the NC and the results thus far this year as being a spoiled fan base. BTW, I didn't bother to read the article. My son and I have been fortunate to be taken to home games by a hardcore baseball season holder the last two years when his family members couldn't make it. My son is a SR at State and we decided at 1:10 yesterday to get tickets on Stub Hub. We got great seats in section 207 for $27 for two tickets and $11.70 ( too high) in fees. No one was checking where you sat so we sat 7 rows above the State dugout with plenty of empty seats available. "Build It and They Will Come". No they won't losing like this. Sad.

Santiago
03-27-2023, 11:29 AM
Joe Dier jumped into that twitter feed and said "AMEN". .... so we see how the old MSU mentality works at MSU.

DownwardDawg
03-27-2023, 11:45 AM
What a douche bag typical poor ol mittittippi tate mindset. This is the type mentality that holds us back.

Goldendawg
03-27-2023, 12:01 PM
Joe Dier jumped into that twitter feed and said "AMEN". .... so we see how the old MSU mentality works at MSU.

Joe is old guard. Just protecting the status quo. Don't question those in power or control.

BrunswickDawg
03-27-2023, 12:19 PM
If we were losing a bunch of games 4-5 or 1-2, and the team looked relatively competent then I could understand. We are getting Croom/Ray level beat downs in the only sport we are recognized for nationally.
It's not spoiled, it's called actually having expectations. I hope Selmon doesn't listen to guys like Dier and EK - they are more interested in keeping their access and friendships in place then anything else.

KOdawg1
03-27-2023, 12:31 PM
Everett is an egotistical, smug individual who thinks he's more important than he is. Just because he's driven the team bus for 80 years, he thinks he's a part of the program and his opinion is worth something. He's the definition of "poor ole Mississippi state" and I wish he'd follow his BFF Cohen to Auburn

parabrave
03-27-2023, 12:51 PM
He wants to be Featured again on SEC story, The rosebowl of SECN.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-27-2023, 01:24 PM
A "spoiled" fanbase would be us wanting to fire Lemonis if he made the CWS last year and came in 6th. That is Saban's complaint. Bama goes 11-1 or 10-2. They don't make the CFB playoff. They end up #5 or #6 in the country and fans are pissed and wonder if the coaches know what they are doing and they think the dynasty is collapsing.

We aren't "spoiled" because we think 17 straight SEC losses is unacceptable. Kennard is an idiot evidently.

HailState2008
03-27-2023, 02:00 PM
Everett is an egotistical, smug individual who thinks he's more important than he is. Just because he's driven the team bus for 80 years, he thinks he's a part of the program and his opinion is worth something. He's the definition of "poor ole Mississippi state" and I wish he'd follow his BFF Cohen to Auburn

This. All day. Twice on Sundays. People like Everett will hold our athletic department down.

Todd4State
03-27-2023, 02:07 PM
This. All day. Twice on Sundays. People like Everett will hold our athletic department down.

I don't think he has very much influence other than getting our teams from point A to point B.

He is annoying though.

Goldendawg
03-27-2023, 02:09 PM
A "spoiled" fanbase would be us wanting to fire Lemonis if he made the CWS last year and came in 6th. That is Saban's complaint. Bama goes 11-1 or 10-2. They don't make the CFB playoff. They end up #5 or #6 in the country and fans are pissed and wonder if the coaches know what they are doing and they think the dynasty is collapsing.

We aren't "spoiled" because we think 17 straight SEC losses is unacceptable. Kennard is an idiot evidently.

First 11 of 17 don't count. Happened last year and all that per our HC. Bad news, they do count in a continued downward spiral.

Cowbell
03-27-2023, 02:56 PM
If you have followed EK very long on Twitter, this should come as no surprise. I love the hospitality that he shows other teams and coaches. I respect him for that, but he is absolutely the guy that thinks he is more important than he really is.

EdwardDrayton
03-27-2023, 04:48 PM
This has been festering with me all day. Bus Boy can drive Foxhall, Dier and himself right the 17 out of town. Damn skippy with a fresh AD and good riddance to some more of the old guard. It's a new day in Starkvegas bitches.

SPMT
03-27-2023, 04:54 PM
This has been festering with me all day. Bus Boy can drive Foxhall, Dier and himself right the 17 out of town. Damn skippy with a fresh AD and good riddance to some more of the old guard. It's a new day in Starkvegas bitches.

What is the issue with Dier?

Hasn?t he been retired for a decade?

EdwardDrayton
03-27-2023, 04:59 PM
What is the issue with Dier?

Hasn?t he been retired for a decade?

I thought so but apparently he felt the need to pile on the fanbase by enthusiastically endorsing Bus Boy's tweet.

SPMT
03-27-2023, 05:03 PM
I thought so but apparently he felt the need to pile on the fanbase by enthusiastically endorsing Bus Boy's tweet.

Kennard is a raging douche. Always has been.

Dudes glasses are so maroon they are black.

Turfdawg67
03-27-2023, 05:17 PM
I hope he's such a fan that he checks out ED every once in a while... or he may post regularly? Either way, most agree he's full of shite.

Apoplectic
03-27-2023, 05:35 PM
With this take, should he trusted to drive a bus?

Goldendawg
03-27-2023, 05:38 PM
I hope he's such a fan that he checks out ED every once in a while... or he may post regularly? Either way, most agree he's full of shite.

The roasting that he is getting here is nothing compared to sixpack in both volume and content. He needs to be reprimanded and stay off twitter at the least. Those of us that have been supporting State for one day or decades with our hard earned money do not need or appreciate an employee at any level talking down to us. Hail State!

BeardoMSU
03-27-2023, 06:15 PM
The roasting that he is getting here is nothing compared to sixpack in both volume and content. He needs to be reprimanded and stay off twitter at the least. Those of us that have been supporting State for one day or decades with our hard earned money do not need or appreciate an employee at any level talking down to us. Hail State!

He's also getting ROLLED on Twitter by just about everyone. Outside of a couple "amens", it seems all of MSU Fandom is taking him to task.

Which reminds me: the people referring to him as "Big E", please ****ing stop....you're contributing to this narcissists ego and we're all suffering for it.

State82
03-27-2023, 06:19 PM
With this take, should he trusted to drive a bus?

Ha! That is exactly what I was about to say. If he is that stupid then he should not be trusted with the lives of any of our student athletes.

SPMT
03-27-2023, 07:18 PM

He?s a loud mouth, arrogant blow hard who thinks he?s bigger than he is.

Figured that out years ago when I met him. He has endured a lot of shitty years and is probably loyal to a fault.

He?s still an insufferable, loud mouth, douchebag.

CaptainObvious
03-27-2023, 07:21 PM
https://youtu.be/_J0Ahh3UxbM

Jarius
03-28-2023, 01:34 PM

You're not in the minority. He's a very low IQ, hanger on-er that thinks he is a lot more important than his station in life. He's Samuel L. Jackson in Django.

StarkVegasSteve
03-28-2023, 03:34 PM
He is in that portion of the fan base that is in the lounge every game and would not spit on you if you were on fire if you were a State fan. But they will bend over backwards and trip running over to you if you are an opposing fan. Those same people do not want anything said to the opposing outfielders they just want to feed them so the other team will tweet out photos of them getting food so they can brag on Twitter.

They are the ones who are spoiled. They were grandfathered in to their prime lounge spots and I seriously doubt any of them seriously give to The Bulldog Initiative. They are all disciples of Larry Templeton and the quicker they go the better we will be as a University and a fan base.

And this is not sour grapes. I am lucky enough to have a few places to go in The Lounge and I have tickets in the stadium. I am just tired of the old Lounge folks who get mad a students constantly, fight any sort of change, and continually try to push the Poor Ol State narrative that we try so hard to get rid of.

Goldendawg
03-28-2023, 03:40 PM
I just called the Bulldog Club to convey my disgust about this situation.

sandjunky
03-28-2023, 04:30 PM
He is in that portion of the fan base that is in the lounge every game and would not spit on you if you were on fire if you were a State fan. But they will bend over backwards and trip running over to you if you are an opposing fan. Those same people do not want anything said to the opposing outfielders they just want to feed them so the other team will tweet out photos of them getting food so they can brag on Twitter.

They are the ones who are spoiled. They were grandfathered in to their prime lounge spots and I seriously doubt any of them seriously give to The Bulldog Initiative. They are all disciples of Larry Templeton and the quicker they go the better we will be as a University and a fan base.

And this is not sour grapes. I am lucky enough to have a few places to go in The Lounge and I have tickets in the stadium. I am just tired of the old Lounge folks who get mad a students constantly, fight any sort of change, and continually try to push the Poor Ol State narrative that we try so hard to get rid of.

Amen

BeardoMSU
03-28-2023, 05:04 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to StarkVegasSteve again.

Cowbell
03-28-2023, 06:01 PM

The point is to feed the outfielders to offset the harassment they receive. Like when we post pics of their girlfriends on the light pole bases

StarkVegasSteve
03-28-2023, 07:08 PM
The point is to feed the outfielders to offset the harassment they receive. Like when we post pics of their girlfriends on the light pole bases

They do not receive any harassment. The last time our outfield full throat harassed a player was when Blaylock came back in 2019 and he went ofer for the weekend and we made him quit baseball. Then the crotchety old farts that he is apart of got mad and started running to the cops every time a bad word was said. Also, why do we need to feed them? Give them hell for 3 days and then send them on their way. They are not such a poor athletic dept they cannot afford food.

KOdawg1
03-28-2023, 08:01 PM

This. All. Day.

CaptainObvious
03-28-2023, 10:50 PM
They do not receive any harassment. The last time our outfield full throat harassed a player was when Blaylock came back in 2019 and he went ofer for the weekend and we made him quit baseball. Then the crotchety old farts that he is apart of got mad and started running to the cops every time a bad word was said. Also, why do we need to feed them? Give them hell for 3 days and then send them on their way. They are not such a poor athletic dept they cannot afford food.
I guess some of our fans just like to bend over for the opposing players and fans but turn their noses up to the peons of the State Fan base.

We absolutely do have some in our Fanbase that would make the Grover?s proud to associate with them.

Todd4State
03-29-2023, 04:24 AM

Awesome post.

Always weird to me how a segment of our fans:

1. Feel the need to lecture other MSU fans about sports when things are going bad and fans are complaining about the product.

2. Feel the need to treat the opponent 100 times better than our own fans. If I asked Everett nicely for a burger while I'm wearing MSU gear he'd probably make some snide smart ass comment. If I'm wearing a Samford hat and shirt he's probably giving me two plates.

3. Those fans are the worst MSU fans.

Todd4State
03-29-2023, 04:25 AM

Blaylock was soooo soft. I remember him being mad that he wasn't starting even though he was hitting below the Mendoza Line.