PDA

View Full Version : Does FoxHall call pitches? If so...

cheewgumm
03-26-2023, 09:56 PM
He should let the pithcers and catchers call it old style.

AT this point, why not?

parabrave
03-26-2023, 10:08 PM
Good question. Is he the one who calls 5 straight sliders even when the ump has a coke bottle strike zone.

cheewgumm
03-26-2023, 10:13 PM
i honestly think this would give the pitchers some confidence and compfort.

Quick looking at the arm band and pitch old style.

Enough is enough.

Cooterpoot
03-26-2023, 10:14 PM
I don't want a FR calling pitches either.

cheewgumm
03-26-2023, 10:18 PM
I agree with your point (normally) but as is, it's a disaster. Gotta do someting to change things up.

StarkVegasSteve
03-26-2023, 10:27 PM
He should let the pithcers and catchers call it old style.

AT this point, why not?

There's a few reasons, one they haven't practiced that. Our catchers don't know how to call a game. The last catcher we had that called his own game was Skelton in 19. Two, we have a pitch clock now, that speeds everything up 10x. So you'll have Highfill back there worrying about even more than he already has to worry about with his passed ball issues and people stealing on us like it's little league. Lastly, and probably most importantly, our pitchers will not be comfortable with that. Like it or not, they have a comfortability with those wristbands. You would have to scrap everything they've been taught and reteach them on the fly. In theory that sounds easy, but I shudder to think what 95% of them would do without having the comfort of Foxhall calling everything. They'd be worrying about if it was the right sign, how long is this taking, etc.

TNDawg35
03-27-2023, 05:05 AM
I don't want a FR calling pitches either.

“LOOK AROUND YOU ELLEN! WE ARE AT THE THRESHOLD OF HELL!!” Hehe…